Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

45 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Just saw a build review by "Brickstory Builds" of the new Star Wars 75288 AT-AT, and Tom Riddle's head from the new visual dictionary is used in that set on one of the pilots. Just thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone wanted that figure mainly for the face, it turns out it's just a new generic single-sided head print. Rather disappointing.

That's incredibly lame, though I guess this does improve our chances of getting Tom in an actual CoS set

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's incredibly lame, though I guess this does improve our chances of getting Tom in an actual CoS set

I guess that's one positive way of looking at it...

...Or not, since I feel as though a version in standard sets would have a two-sided head, to keep consistency with nearly every other character in the line. More likely, LEGO's just being very cheap with our only Tom Riddle figure for a very long time. Magical.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews
Pessimism

Haven't read the last 30-40 pages I've missed. We're waiting on the DA and some more set? Is it still any rumor of any brickheadz set? Cmf and the calender are confirmed.

Is it only me that not care if parts from sets or cmf appear in others set? I think it's better that they are reusing parts/prints to others sets to. That make it easier to get the parts cheaper when they reuse it. I don't like the "exclusive" thing of cmf prints/parts or exclusive parts in sets. I understand that some parts can't be reused in other themes if it come from an licensed theme, but in the same theme it shouldn't be any problem. But I don't collect lego for the future value either..

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

Haven't read the last 30-40 pages I've missed. We're waiting on the DA and some more set? Is it still any rumor of any brickheadz set? Cmf and the calender are confirmed.

We're waiting on the DA D2C, CMF, and the advent calendar. There's no other set beyond that as far as I'm aware. The students brickheadz turned out to be an accessory packs of 4 minifigure students as for the Hagrid and Buckbeak one I haven't seen anything about that one.

My main problem with Riddle's face being reused is the lack of an alternate face, not the reuse itself. If you know you'll use it on more than just Riddle why put so little effort into it?

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

My main problem with Riddle's face being reused is the lack of an alternate face, not the reuse itself. If you know you'll use it on more than just Riddle why put so little effort into it?

The second face would be visible on the back of the helmet (the AT-AT driver helmet doesn't cover much). I think the budget for that print comes from the Star Wars team because they didn't use a lot of new parts or recolours in the new Lego SW wave, but they introduce new face prints for the clones and in the case of Riddle the Empire

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

The second face would be visible on the back of the helmet (the AT-AT driver helmet doesn't cover much).

Hasn't stopped them from providing an alternate face before 

12 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

Is it only me that not care if parts from sets or cmf appear in others set? I think it's better that they are reusing parts/prints to others sets to. That make it easier to get the parts cheaper when they reuse it. I don't like the "exclusive" thing of cmf prints/parts or exclusive parts in sets. I understand that some parts can't be reused in other themes if it come from an licensed theme, but in the same theme it shouldn't be any problem. But I don't collect lego for the future value either..

With CMFs in particular, I believe it is a necessary evil. The nature of how they're marketed is what allows the budget for the new parts and detailed new prints. If it became common place for the more exotic pieces to show up in regular sets, the market for CMFs would dwindle, taking with it the steady stream of the same new pieces and prints that you're interested in.

I suppose that ultimately I don't really care either way? If something exists that I want, I will get it. It's really just children who miss out, but I don't imagine they covet 'rare' parts or minifigs much. I'm not a fan of inflated values attached to toys, but the idea of things like Lego being 'collectibles' rather than just hobby toys isn't going anywhere. The lunacy is firmly embedded in popular culture now.

I really hope that the next time they make Tom Riddle they include that badge and hogwarts emblem he had on his robes which is super iconic for him to me,and include alternate face. Its definitely better than it was but to me it now looks like angrier version of Cedric Diggory from Hogwarts Clock Tower.

I‘m afraid it will take a while until we get to see the DA set. The Super Mario D2C has just been leaked and assuming it‘s an August release, it has managed to stay a secret for a surprisingly long time. If they’re able to keep that up for DA, we probably won‘t see it until the middle of August, leaks included :sceptic:

38 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m afraid it will take a while until we get to see the DA set. The Super Mario D2C has just been leaked and assuming it‘s an August release, it has managed to stay a secret for a surprisingly long time. If they’re able to keep that up for DA, we probably won‘t see it until the middle of August, leaks included :sceptic:

For every D2C that are revealed I think that surly now HP must be next, but every time another random set pops up out of the blue :wall:

50 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

For every D2C that are revealed I think that surly now HP must be next, but every time another random set pops up out of the blue :wall:

See it this way: unless there‘s another unknown D2C coming out in August, DA has to be next in line :laugh:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

See it this way: unless there‘s another unknown D2C coming out in August, DA has to be next in line :laugh:

The way this are going it is probably 3 unknown D2C in August :tongue:

44 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The way this are going it is probably 3 unknown D2C in August :tongue:

Even if so, it makes perfect sense for D2Cs slated for August to be revealed (or leaked) well before one intended to be released in September :classic: Why would they reveal DA this far in advance compared to everything else?

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Aren’t we still anticipating an early VIP release? If it’s got an early release in mid-August I’m sure we’d see it by the first week of August at the latest, but if it’s just a general September release then I don’t think it’ll be revealed for another month. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Aren’t we still anticipating an early VIP release?

I think the only reason people believe this is the fact that the Hogwarts D2C had one. Personally, I‘m not anticipating it since a lot of D2Cs this year didn‘t have one :sadnew:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Honestly I don't care how long it takes for them to reveal it as long as they don't give DA the ''Dutch pricehike'' and make it 450 euro. It's really annoying and there's no pattern to it at all, some sets just do and others don't. It's almost as if LEGO just flips a coin with every release to decide which set gets a price increase and which doesn't. If it's 400 here I'll already be incredibly happy :tongue:

Do we have any information as to when the CMF might be announced, let alone released? I feel like it's been far too long since anything's been leaked or officialized :laugh:

Just now, Geertos13 said:

Do we have any information as to when the CMF might be announced, let alone released? I feel like it's been far too long since anything's been leaked or officialized :laugh:

The 2HY catalogs officially confirmed a september release but if Brickshops releasdate is true it might come out on August 7th, regardless the official reveal could come any day now. It feeling like it's been far too long since a leak is completely understandable as the packaging leaked incredibly early (the chances of something like that happening so early are incredibly small). We'll just have to wait and see, it won't be long now :wink:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I guessed that Sesame Street will be the next reveal, followed by Diagon Alley - well...nope ? I wonder how much is going to come in between that hasn't been on my radar so far ?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's almost as if LEGO just flips a coin with every release to decide which set gets a price increase and which doesn't. If it's 400 here I'll already be incredibly happy :tongue:

Tail - you lose ? That's another thing which is quite unfair. I can't find any reasonable explanation for those regional price differences. What distinguishs the Netherlands from Germany? Online shop orders are distributed from Belgium, so I suppose retail products are as well? It makes no sense as Belgium is not nearer or farther from either country...

Just now, 8fifty said:

Tail - you lose ? That's another thing which is quite unfair. I can't find any reasonable explanation for those regional price differences. What distinguishs the Netherlands from Germany? Online shop orders are distributed from Belgium, so I suppose retail products are as well? It makes no sense as Belgium is not nearer or farther from either country...

And there isn't even any kind of pattern to be found. I did some digging with a couple of friends of mine and it really doesn't seem to matter if a set is licensed or not, how large it is or how expensive it is. Some are just more expensive in the Netherlands than in neighbouring countries and some aren't. The bad thing here is this crap can really cost us Dutchies a lot of money. If DA gets said pricehike it'll most likely cost us about 50 euro more than it should be (same thing happened with Hogwarts Castle and the UCS Falcon, while the UCS Star Destroyer's price didn't change at all). All we can do is cross our fingers and hope this set stays 400 here, otherwise I definetely can't justify purchasing it on releaseday :look:

Perhaps it’s safe to say we will see the reveal of at least the CMF/AC this month around the same day we got the wave reveal in april? ? The D2C tactics seem sneakier, if it is indeed coming until September then a mid August reveal doesn’t seem too far fetched for me. Hopefully it will be revealed sooner though.

I'm very surprised that we haven't seen the Advent Calendar images by now. As well as information on the CMF, seeing as it was originally slated for a September release.