Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Micmac said:

Has anyone picked up the new Harry potter Magical Treasure book? Was looking to get it in Australia but it seems like it's not released here till end September. Bummer. 

I have been trying to find it as well. I was really looking forward to running down to tooronga village to buy that

37 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

I have been trying to find it as well. I was really looking forward to running down to tooronga village to buy that

I preordered it on Amazon, and it arrived on release date, which was yesterday

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Speaking of those who should not be named, I think legofan_33 may have just joined that list. The book was released yesterday, but 71028 has still not been revealed like their 'source' said. That being said, I don't feel like they were trying to be malicious, just had an unreliable source

I personally started to believe in images only and not in descriptions any more ??‍♂️ Too random, too unreliable. 

While we wait for some news I got the new Hidden side piece today so did a quick moc of the Attack on the Burrow with Bellatrix apparating. i think the piece is great, works really well. 

Lego Attack on the Burrow custom

1 minute ago, Micmac said:

While we wait for some news I got the new Hidden side piece today so did a quick moc of the Attack on the Burrow with Bellatrix apparating. i think the piece is great, works really well. 

This works so well that one could think it was specifically designed for that purpose :thumbup: I hope they use it in some of next year’s sets (just with trans-black instead of trans-light blue)

48 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I personally started to believe in images only and not in descriptions any more ??‍♂️ Too random, too unreliable. 

Depends on where the descriptions come from :wink: There are still plenty of trustworthy leakers out there, but they sadly don’t have that many HP scoops compared to other themes like Star Wars or Marvel. This is where the would-be “leakers” smell blood...

@Micmac That looks amazing! Funny how a couple of pieces would make the set feel like it lives up to its name so much more. Tempted to order a couple off B+P now. Like @Lego-Freak says, it looks like it was designed for that purpose. The optimist in me is hoping that they have used some of this year's HS budget to help make moulds for next year's HP sets. They could even work for Diagon Alley when the Death Eaters destroy the street,  but I doubt the set will focus on the darker scenes.

Edited by BacktoBricks

12 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Lego Attack on the Burrow custom

Great job! Amazing thinking! 

@BackToBricks always the optimist, eh?

29 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Can those pieces be attached directly to the torso rather than to legs? 

Also am I the only one that feels like I die a little inside every day I wake up and there's still no news on the CMF or D2C? Lol. I think i'm just bursting with anticipation in regards to the D2C as I have never bought a large D2C set before. Really, really excited at the prospect.

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Also am I the only one that feels like I die a little inside every day I wake up and there's still no news on the CMF or D2C? Lol. I think i'm just bursting with anticipation in regards to the D2C as I have never bought a large D2C set before. Really, really excited at the prospect.

Nope not the only one - I should be several kg lighter by now!

22 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Definitely not the only one! :grin:

I was pleasantly surprised when the Magical Treasury book showed up at my door yesterday, since in my experience books ordered from Amazon never arrive on their release day and I was expecting the package to be something else I had ordered. I haven’t even taken the figure out because I want to wait for the new sets to arrive before pulling out anything HP-related and making a mess, but luckily my sets have been cleared after being at customs for two weeks so hopefully I’ll have them soon! 

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s not really much they could’ve done to differentiate him from his CMF counterpart, apart from the face print and the accessory, which they did :shrug_oh_well: I get that some people might be annoyed, but the CMFs are only available for a short amount of time, so it makes sense to release other versions of the characters in regular sets too for the people who missed out on them, even if they’re this similar.

I agree, they definetely did what they could to differentiate him. But I do kinda see where those people are coming from, even if Dobby wasn't that hard to find :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

But I do kinda see where those people are coming from, even if Dobby wasn't that hard to find :shrug_oh_well:

No the pointy ears were a bit of a giveaway :wink:

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I preordered it on Amazon, and it arrived on release date, which was yesterday

Also ordered it from Amazon and it's coming on Friday. :)

5 hours ago, Micmac said:

[snip]

That looks nice. =D

I also can't wait for the CMF and D2C to be revealed. I'm looking forward to collecting the CMF again and giving my duplicates to my sister and a friend who like HP a lot. =D

Hopefully I won't have another Cedric situation this time (last time I got Cedric 4 times). I wasn't aware you could "feel" the bags to kinda know who you would get, but now that's not really an option. :/

Edited by Salix

7 hours ago, Salix said:

Also ordered it from Amazon and it's coming on Friday. :)

That looks nice. =D

I also can't wait for the CMF and D2C to be revealed. I'm looking forward to collecting the CMF again and giving my duplicates to my sister and a friend who like HP a lot. =D

Hopefully I won't have another Cedric situation this time (last time I got Cedric 4 times). I wasn't aware you could "feel" the bags to kinda know who you would get, but now that's not really an option. :/

I know. I don’t really want a whole box. But I want a full set. Buying full sets on eBay is usually really expensive, plus they always have ridiculous postage prices to Australia. This time we can’t feel so I have no idea what I’m going to do.

39 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

I know. I don’t really want a whole box. But I want a full set. Buying full sets on eBay is usually really expensive, plus they always have ridiculous postage prices to Australia. This time we can’t feel so I have no idea what I’m going to do.

I’m finding myself in a similar boat. I could buy a box and just sell off the spares but it would be a bit of an investment. I might have to talk myself into it though, since I’m in the US and things are closing down again as another spike hits, so the likelihood of the feel method being allowed while this CMF is still on shelves is looking less and less likely. 

1 hour ago, Tommy9 said:

Can you really not go to your local Kmart or Target and feel for the ones you need? Are you in Victoria? Just wondering because I had no problems going down and feeling the previous CMF series while we were still in lockdown. Not really seeing any reason i'm not going to be able to do the same again for the Harry Potter wave in Tassie. Honestly if you are seriously stuck. i'm happy to feel a second set out for you if you were just wanting to pay the retail price plus postage. 

TLG will be at the online SDCC

That sounds like a good time to reveal the CMF and the D2C

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Doubtful. I don't think they've ever done a HP reveal at Comic Con. I don't even think HP even has much of a presence at SDCC

1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Doubtful. I don't think they've ever done a HP reveal at Comic Con. I don't even think HP even has much of a presence at SDCC

I didn't mean at the SDCC

I meant during the SDCC week. Some CMF waves have been revealed during the SDCC week, without being presented there.

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think the CMF is rather likely, but I think it's too early to reveal the D2C. With how close-to-release they've been revealing D2Cs recently, I wouldn't expect any official images on that front until August at the earliest.

Only a thought but do different theme teams at Lego actually talk to each other at all ?? The ‘apparating’ piece from the Hidden Side set would have been perfect ( and is perfect for the people who have used it already ) to introduce in the Harry Potter line. 

Sometimes some of the choices or lack thereof baffle me *huh*

16 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

Only a thought but do different theme teams at Lego actually talk to each other at all ?? The ‘apparating’ piece from the Hidden Side set would have been perfect ( and is perfect for the people who have used it already ) to introduce in the Harry Potter line. 

Sometimes some of the choices or lack thereof baffle me *huh*

I do wonder how designers keep up to date with all the new pieces. I asked a few days ago if anybody had used the new black hood piece off the Knight of Ren Ap'lek on a dementor because that piece looks perfect for dementors to me. I know Lego probably won't want to update their dementors now, but that to me is another example of a piece introduced in one theme that seems perfect for another line. Maybe we will see that 'apparating' piece in HP in the future, but I'm really tempted to just order a couple of B+P right now. Wish I could order the black hoods too, but unfortunately they aren't available to order.

Edited by BacktoBricks