Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Do we have any idea how good are the sales? I love this series and I don't want it to face the same fate like LOTR and the Hobbit. 

So I was looking through the inventory of set 75955 and when I saw the black hood piece used on the dementors it occurred to me that the new hood piece that was first introduced for the Knight of Ren Ap'lek would actually be very fitting for dementors. It has a far more flowing look than the currently used piece and almost looks made for dementors to me. Has anybody tried it or got the piece so they can try and post a pic of what it looks like?

49 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Do we have any idea how good are the sales? I love this series and I don't want it to face the same fate like LOTR and the Hobbit. 

In 2018 it was up there with City and Star Wars as top selling themes. Not sure about last year though but I believe it still sold very well.if it hadn’t we definitely would not be getting another CMF and D2C. Just look at Overwatch, doesn’t seem to be getting any more sets because it sold poorly 

Edited by Whovastron

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

In 2018 it was up there with City and Star Wars as top selling themes. Not sure about last year though but I believe it still sold very well.if it hadn’t we definitely would not be getting another CMF and D2C. Just look at Overwatch, doesn’t seem to be getting any more sets because it sold poorly 

I don’t think it’s ever been one of the top 5 themes overall (which makes sense because 1 wave a year vs several larger waves every year plus waves from previous years) but it has had some of the highest selling individual sets, and I recall the Great Hall, CMF, and D2C getting awards back in 2018. 

Well, a little bit of an update for us folks in the US. Was just checking B&N for other LEGO stuff & on the front page for LEGO it has a header for pre-ordering Hedwig, which is exclusive....with a release date of Sept. 1st. 

10 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

So I was looking through the inventory of set 75955 and when I saw the black hood piece used on the dementors it occurred to me that the new hood piece that was first introduced for the Knight of Ren Ap'lek would actually be very fitting for dementors. It has a far more flowing look than the currently used piece and almost looks made for dementors to me. Has anybody tried it or got the piece so they can try and post a pic of what it looks like?

I'd love a bunch of them but they are hard to find. None on bricklink and the  lego store is out of them in oz. So only way to get one at mo is to get a star wars set. Maybe not :)

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Well, a little bit of an update for us folks in the US. Was just checking B&N for other LEGO stuff & on the front page for LEGO it has a header for pre-ordering Hedwig, which is exclusive....with a release date of Sept. 1st. 

It’s okay you’ll probably get them by, I dunno, 2023 at the latest.:tongue:

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah I’m glad I ordered mine from Zavvi. I still need The Burrow and Privet Drive though. We really got screwed this year in the US

The U.S. sets (only the Burrow and Hedwig) are now available to purchase as pre-order on LEGO's shop page???

Edited by BigHobbit

6 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

The U.S. sets (only the Burrow and Hedwig) are now available to purchase as pre-order on LEGO's shop page???

I saw those, didn’t realize they were only for pre-order. I was about to feel like such an idiot for importing the sets, especially since they haven’t arrived yet. It’s nice that the exclusives are up for pre-order first though, since hopefully it’ll allow LEGO to judge demand better so the Burrow doesn’t immediately go out of stock. 

23 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Do we know when the new polybag is going to be available? :) 

It was already available in Germany for the last few weeks, and since last week also in the Netherlands. So I assume it should become available in the UK too soon. I got mine from Brickshop.nl, it's not available yet from the Dutch S@H.

5 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

It’s okay you’ll probably get them by, I dunno, 2023 at the latest.:tongue:

Confirmation we’re getting it for at least 3 more years then...:grin:

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah I’m glad I ordered mine from Zavvi. I still need The Burrow and Privet Drive though. We really got screwed this year in the US

Yeah man, it really sucks. Two months later than the previous two years. If I hadn’t planned on buying them all at once I may have ordered them as well, but that’ll be a nice chunk of VIP points. Why couldn’t they delay Sesame Street instead.:laugh:

28 minutes ago, Salix said:

It was already available in Germany for the last few weeks, and since last week also in the Netherlands. So I assume it should become available in the UK too soon. I got mine from Brickshop.nl, it's not available yet from the Dutch S@H.

Excellent cheers!! 

51 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Why couldn’t they delay Sesame Street instead.:laugh:

Naaaa ? Well, we don't know, maybe it is HP AND Sesame Street which is delayed ? Just kidding, it's not fair that there are that big gaps in availability and prices between all different regions.

6 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Naaaa ? Well, we don't know, maybe it is HP AND Sesame Street which is delayed ? Just kidding, it's not fair that there are that big gaps in availability and prices between all different regions.

Sets being delayed due to a pandemic-related factory shutdown is not really an issue of fairness :tongue: And you may be kidding, but the Sesame Street set being delayed for US customers is definitely within the realm of possibility :wink: 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sets being delayed due to a pandemic-related factory shutdown is not really an issue of fairness :tongue: And you may be kidding, but the Sesame Street set being delayed for US customers is definitely within the realm of possibility :wink: 

Well, nobody deserves this pandemic, so...you know what I mean ?

It is still possible, that's true but I have the feeling that the Lego exclusive stuff is distributed with a higher priority than the regular sets. But that doesn't help the people who want to get the standard sets. 

2 hours ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Is there a shipping date for the sets available for pre-order in the US?

Nope, it simply says "Pre-order this item today." No date listed.

51 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

Nope, it simply says "Pre-order this item today." No date listed.

I wonder if that’s a glitch in the system, seeing how the Burrow’s original release was August 1st in the U.S. and would most likely trigger an automatic Pre-Order option for the first of July.

I received an email with the following message about my order (US: Hedwig and Burrow):

Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship the out of stock item(s) to you.

If you made your payment via credit card, please note that while we will authorize your card shortly, it will not be charged until we ship the out of stock item(s). You will receive a separate email notification at that time.

Did we receive this kind of message for past pre-orders?

Edited by joeee
added more info

It didn't say pre-order for me, it said add to bag. I ordered Hedwig and the payment went through, but then I received a similar email to @joeee where it said the item was sold out. 

This doesn't seem to be normal preorder procedure compared to the other things I've preordered, such as video games. Interesting they would do this without even having a release date up.

I had sent an e-mail some time ago and they said the Mexican factory reopened on June 1st, I don’t remember if someone (or me) said it already :look: I don’t expect absolutely anything seeing how this country is going downhill. 

Legofan_33 just posted that victor and both patil twins are in the advent calendar 

3 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Legofan_33 just posted that victor and both patil twins are in the advent calendar 

Honestly, I don't think we should trust his info. So far, he's made exactly one claim regarding this theme, and that claim turned out to be incorrect. This post reminds me of how KingNoKnow made a good amount of his rumors by just taking ideas that have a high likelihood and presenting them as fact. 

I think LEGO wouldn't do this, as it'd be incredibly dumb from a business standpoint to include the four most desirable figures from the Clocktower all in one set, since that removes a lot of the incentive for people to buy that set. (Then again, it's already dumb in my eyes to reprint just three figures from one large set in a much cheaper one, so four wouldn't be a massive stretch.)