Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Plus, they said they'll be back next year.

Sounds like a threat to me :grin:

Btw, I was wondering what legofan_33 was referring to when they stated that they thought that 71028 was to be revealed last week since there are allegedly other reveals this week. Any idea what these could be, if true? The only sets this year that have yet to be revealed (that we know of at least) are the DA D2C, the Wall Art sets, the Star Wars D2C and the Eternals sets (in case they haven‘t been postponed).

Or maybe they‘re referring to SDCC reveals which usually start around this time. Then again, we have no idea how TLG will handle the online version of the event and if they even unveil something this year in the first place :sceptic:

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Btw, I was wondering what legofan_33 was referring to when they stated that they thought that 71028 was to be revealed last week since there are allegedly other reveals this week. Any idea what these could be, if true? The only sets this year that have yet to be revealed (that we know of at least) are the DA D2C, the Wall Art sets, the Star Wars D2C and the Eternals sets (in case they haven‘t been postponed).

Or maybe they‘re referring to SDCC reveals which usually start around this time. Then again, we have no idea how TLG will handle the online version of the event and if they even unveil something this year in the first place :sceptic:

I was wondering about that statement too. I think the rest of the reveals for the year will probably come in the next few weeks (except for the fall Star Wars UCS perhaps). The month of July will probably be full of juicy reveals. I hope so anyway

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only sets this year that have yet to be revealed (that we know of at least) are the DA D2C, the Wall Art sets, the Star Wars D2C and the Eternals sets (in case they haven‘t been postponed).

Don’t forget the City, Friends, and Harry Potter advent calendars. We’ve only really seen box art from catalogs for those so far, not the full images that will drop when the get put up on the website. The Star Wars one is already done, so I expect the other three will drop any day now. 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

71028 is the CMF that haven't been fully revealed yet.

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Don’t forget the City, Friends, and Harry Potter advent calendars. We’ve only really seen box art from catalogs for those so far, not the full images that will drop when the get put up on the website. The Star Wars one is already done, so I expect the other three will drop any day now. 

You're right! And of course there's also the Sesame Street Ideas set, which should also be revealed VERY soon if the rumours about an August release actually hold water. So there's quite a few sets that hint could refer to

Just now, mscott71 said:

71028 is the CMF that haven't been fully revealed yet.

I know :wink: What I meant was that legofan_33 hints at something else being revealed this week

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People are very quick to believe legofan_33

Well, that's why I said IF that bit of information is true (and I did call that apology fishy, which it still is) :wink: I'm not 100% believing that story, but at the very least legofan_33 has more integrity than a certain someone had

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

(and I did call that apology fishy, which it still is) :wink: 

Merpeople CMF confirmed!  :grin:

I really need to get a life...

Tom Riddle has no alternate face. (Confirmed by Ashnflash review)

Honestly, that fact alone makes a future Chamber of Secrets set seem a lot more plausible, since that could have a more standard dual-sided head.

Alternatively, I'm just telling myself that to cope with the fact that we only have one face print for my favorite canon interpretation of Voldy.

56 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Tom Riddle has no alternate face. (Confirmed by Ashnflash review)

Honestly, that fact alone makes a future Chamber of Secrets set seem a lot more plausible, since that could have a more standard dual-sided head.

Alternatively, I'm just telling myself that to cope with the fact that we only have one face print for my favorite canon interpretation of Voldy.

The second thing to get a hole in it when Harry stabs the diary is his face, just saying that allowing for people to recreate that part of the scene would be both a fun play feature and an easy way to make the set version of the minifigure exclusive. :wink:

Sorry if someone's already mentioned this, but legofan_33 mentioned that they assumed the CMF would be revealed before the Magical Treasury book.  So is there any evidence that the pictures of those CMF figures are actually buried in those unreleased pages somewhere?

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Sorry if someone's already mentioned this, but legofan_33 mentioned that they assumed the CMF would be revealed before the Magical Treasury book.  So is there any evidence that the pictures of those CMF figures are actually buried in those unreleased pages somewhere?

Unfortunately not :(

Edited by Bowtruckle44

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I don’t think so
ashnflash reviewed it today and it seemed like there was nothing new 

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Unfortunately not in the main book, but, since some of the behind-the-scenes images from the end of the book feature the design process for the known 2020 sets, it's possible, albeit unlikely, that some designs from CMF2 or DA may be in the background of those images.

As I‘ve said before, these books never include upcoming sets/minifigs, so I don‘t know why people expected to see CMF S2 or the DA D2C in there :wacko: If they actually did that, they‘d risk it leaking months in advance, in case anyone gets ahold of the book too early. There‘s just no good reason to risk that

The book not showing us anything new isn't a surprise, we've been trying to make that clear for ages. As for the book itself it's hard to get excited for this. The pictures used are all just things you can find on Brickset, the ''fun'' facts are virtually useless for someone who knows his/her HP stuff and the book doesn't even show everything released up to this point. With that beautifull Tom Riddle figure as it's only redeemable quality there's no way I'm spending 20+ euro on this thing, if it's anything like Star Wars it'll even have tons of mistakes in there. 

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People are very quick to believe legofan_33

People believe anyone that gives them a "leak", no matter that 9 of 10 times they are fake. The "fakes" get a lot of the attention they crave and they multiply in numbers :hmpf:

Possible ways we can get leaks (top of my head):

1. Retail catalogues: was very common earlier, but Lego are aware of the danger and they include less info every year.
  2. Toy fairs: earlier the Fan media got invited and could share a lot of info. Now it is mostly secret, but usually at least one person that has been there give some info about it from memory on a small German blogpost or similar.
  3. Lego or another cite makes a mistake and post something before the deadline. Happens from time to time, but easy to recognize because of the quality (e.g. CMF).
  4. Factory leak: after the virus hit they have stopped it seems
  5. People that are in the know like Lego employees, fan media etc and they usually do not speak about it before they have permission.

So next time a person that claims to have a uncle working at Lego or similar have detailed info about a set no one should know about for months unless you are working with it and no picture has leaked; drink some saltwater and move along :tongue:

Sorry for the off topic :innocent2:

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Possible ways we can get leaks (top of my head):

You forgot one:

6. A trusted source like FalconFan or Childish Landino provides information :wink:

And in regards to new leakers: I‘m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at first, as long as their information sounds plausible. This already weeds out a good chunk of the nonsense out there and the rest has to prove themselves, which they usually don‘t :snicker: Exceptions are few and far between, but they do exist

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

You forgot one:

6. A trusted source like FalconFan or Childish Landino provides information 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they get their info from one or several of the sources I mentioned :wink: They could know someone in the know or they are just better than the rest of us to dig up info when it leaks :tongue:

Snipped cause I missed some info about what I was referring to

Edited by Whovastron

59 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they get their info from one or several of the sources I mentioned :wink: They could know someone in the know or they are just better than the rest of us to dig up info when it leaks :tongue:

Touché :blush: I was more thinking of them knowing someone who knows someone who‘s in the know, but that would of course fall into category 5 as well :laugh: 

Either way, it‘s pretty sad to see most of the categories eroding away. 1) was the first to go, followed by 2) and now 4) it looks like. 3) is pretty rare anyway, so 5) is all that‘s left for sure. 4) might come back after the human malware has been dealt with (however long that will take), but I’m not holding my breath.

Overall good for the company, less good for us :tongue:

It may mean nothing but I might as well mention it since no one else has. Minilegogo just reposted that piece of info Falconfan posted on his story after the countdown. Seems a bit late to randomly post that again. I wonder if he senses a reveal coming...seems a bit random otherwise. But like I said. Could be nothing 

19 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It may mean nothing but I might as well mention it since no one else has. Minilegogo just reposted that piece of info Falconfan posted on his story after the countdown. Seems a bit late to randomly post that again. I wonder if he senses a reveal coming...seems a bit random otherwise. But like I said. Could be nothing 

I doubt it, minilegogo has really been lacking as a source lately. Most of the non-officially announced stuff he has posted came days or weeks after it first came out

I concur with @Guyon2002, this most likely doesn’t mean anything. It’s way too early for more details anyway, I wouldn’t expect much before the official reveal, which should be in roughly a month :shrug_oh_well: At least the full reveal of the advent calendar is somewhere on the horizon, which will hopefully bridge the gap somewhat :laugh: If not, time to continue playing the waiting game