Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

56 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Interesting. Never heard of this

To be fair, I live in the US and I’ve never heard of it either :snicker: I’ve never seen nation wide marketing campaign for Harry Potter centered around September 1st. There might be local events (and local events typically just take place whenever the organizers find most convenient - I know of one event that takes place in October for instance), and the various social media platforms definitely mention it, but no big merchandise releases like you see on May the Fourth or Force Fridays  for Star Wars. 

38 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

To be fair, I live in the US and I’ve never heard of it either :snicker: I’ve never seen nation wide marketing campaign for Harry Potter centered around September 1st. There might be local events (and local events typically just take place whenever the organizers find most convenient - I know of one event that takes place in October for instance), and the various social media platforms definitely mention it, but no big merchandise releases like you see on May the Fourth or Force Fridays  for Star Wars. 

Yeah I live in the US and I’ve never seen anything like this. It would be cool to get cool HP merchandise deals 

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

@Balrogofmorgoth  @Accio Lego @2lazeetomakeaname - out of curiosity what part of the US do you all live in? Back to Hogwarts Day (September 1) is no where near as big of a merchandising day as May the Fourth, but it’s still marketed here in a very big way. Universal Studios in particular makes a massive event of it.

I lived in central Virginia until a few years ago, and now So Cal (not LA), so both East and west coasts. Maybe if you’re living right next to the theme park you’d see more promo material for the day, but if there’s ever been a national marketing campaign for September 1st I’ve never seen it :shrug_confused: And I usually keep up to date on when stores like B&N are doing Harry Potter promos. 

13 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Fingers crossed for CMF Lucius or Cho Chang in Yule ball dress

Me too! Cho could be in the AC though, hope we get both regardless ?

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Me too! Cho could be in the AC though, hope we get both regardless ?

I could definitely see Cho coming in the advent calendar, although, with one Patil twin confirmed and the other strongly implied, I suppose that depends on how much of a budget for new prints they have (if nothing else, the Yule Ball easily has the highest number of potential exclusive variants, so I could see them revisiting it if the theme continues long enough). 

There's been a few City sets and new Gear Bots revealed today... maybe this could mean potential for the cmf reveal this weekend, after all?

16 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

There's been a few City sets and new Gear Bots revealed today... maybe this could mean potential for the cmf reveal this weekend, after all?

Those sets were just put on a retailer's site (I believe it's Brickshop). They weren't revealed by LEGO

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those sets were just put on a retailer's site (I believe it's Brickshop). They weren't revealed by LEGO

I was just browsing through brickshop and I can confirm the three new City Police sets are in that webshop.

They also got the new HP polybag (as well as the new diver polybag).

Edited by Salix

7 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

@Balrogofmorgoth  @Accio Lego @2lazeetomakeaname - out of curiosity what part of the US do you all live in? Back to Hogwarts Day (September 1) is no where near as big of a merchandising day as May the Fourth, but it’s still marketed here in a very big way. Universal Studios in particular makes a massive event of it.

I live in Maryland so all my Lego comes with a crab and a packet of Old Bay

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ah, shame, I had hope for a moment there

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I live in Maryland so all my Lego comes with a crab and a packet of Old Bay

:tongue:

As much as I'm really looking forward to the CMF, my main priority is the reveal of Diagon Alley, which I still fully expect to be my favorite set of all time.  Currently, my favorite set of all time is the new Burrow (that thing is just amazing, matched only in detail and beauty by Bag End/An Unexpected Gathering). 

My guess for both reveals would be anywhere from July 6-31, the thirty-first being the most likely because it's Harry Potter's birthday (and J.K. Rowling's; the "coincidence" seems less and less amusing as time goes on).  Oh, well...I have school work to keep me frantically busy until then.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

As much as I'm really looking forward to the CMF, my main priority is the reveal of Diagon Alley, which I still fully expect to be my favorite set of all time.  Currently, my favorite set of all time is the new Burrow (that thing is just amazing, matched only in detail and beauty by Bag End/An Unexpected Gathering). 

I'm still really excited for DA but realising there's a really big chance it'll cost 450 euro here really put a huge dampener on my excitement so I'm personally more excited for the CMF atm :tongue:

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm still really excited for DA but realising there's a really big chance it'll cost 450 euro here really put a huge dampener on my excitement so I'm personally more excited for the CMF atm :tongue:

Just a thought, how far do you live away from Germany? Getting the set from there could not only save you 50€ regular price but you would benefit as well from the upcoming VAT decrease (that Lego already confirmed to hand over to their customers) ?

2 hours ago, 8fifty said:

Just a thought, how far do you live away from Germany? Getting the set from there could not only save you 50€ regular price but you would benefit as well from the upcoming VAT decrease (that Lego already confirmed to hand over to their customers) ?

Not close enough for a trip to Germany to make a difference. Price would end up so close to the (possible) Dutch price I might as well just order it from S@H. I'll probably just wait for double points or something but I might bite the bullet on release :def_shrug: All depends on how good or bad the set is

Just a PSA for any Aussies... It appears that the burrow is not actually a LEGO store exclusive here. Unfortunately i've already ordered it for $150 from the LEGO website, but i've just realised that as of this morning, Kmart has the Burrow listed as coming soon for only $109.

Has anyone else had problems with their orders from Steinchenwelt? I ordered the Astronomy Tower from Zavvi and it arrived in three days. Ordered Forbidden Forest from BRICKshop and it arrived in five days. It’s now been three weeks since I ordered Hedwig and the Room of Requirement from Steinchenwelt and still nothing... 

51 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Just a PSA for any Aussies... It appears that the burrow is not actually a LEGO store exclusive here. Unfortunately i've already ordered it for $150 from the LEGO website, but i've just realised that as of this morning, Kmart has the Burrow listed as coming soon for only $109.

That’s so frustrating, might buy a second from then and return the one from Lego. I’m just glad I had to wait in the end as I’ll save $21 on Privet Drive

50 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Has anyone else had problems with their orders from Steinchenwelt? I ordered the Astronomy Tower from Zavvi and it arrived in three days. Ordered Forbidden Forest from BRICKshop and it arrived in five days. It’s now been three weeks since I ordered Hedwig and the Room of Requirement from Steinchenwelt and still nothing... 

Not all shipping services have the same level of service.  The DHL international packages from Zavvi are an exceptional value for $10.  I wouldn't be surprised if it would cost $100 or more for me to send that same package at a similar speed.  

Sometimes packages just get stuck and the wait times are extended.  3 weeks is slightly above average for standard international airmail and that doesn't factor in the current world crisis.  

1 hour ago, PotterMinifigPals said:

That’s so frustrating, might buy a second from then and return the one from Lego. I’m just glad I had to wait in the end as I’ll save $21 on Privet Drive

I wish I had waited. It's been 6 days and LEGO still hasn't shipped my Burrow yet. And they seem to use notoriously slow postage in Australia. It will probably be down the road for $40 cheaper at Kmart before it gets here! Lol. I also ordered the other 4 I wanted from Amazon 4 weeks ago and they are only just shipping them now. Would have saved another $30-$40 at Kmart if i'd waited. But I thought when Amazon listed them, it meant they had them! :-/

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I actually ordered from them on release day and got them today. And it was a large package, for my friend and myself: 2x Astronomy Towers, 2x RoR, Hedwig, Privet Dr, and Grawp.

Edited by The Pearson

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I ordered on 4 June. They reached German customs and were trapped there for weeks, but eventually was shipped and arrived in New York just yesterday. Hopefully I'll have them within the next week or so, but at this point I have no way of knowing. (My order was the AT, #4, and Hedwig.)

6 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I wish I had waited. It's been 6 days and LEGO still hasn't shipped my Burrow yet. And they seem to use notoriously slow postage in Australia. It will probably be down the road for $40 cheaper at Kmart before it gets here! Lol. I also ordered the other 4 I wanted from Amazon 4 weeks ago and they are only just shipping them now. Would have saved another $30-$40 at Kmart if i'd waited. But I thought when Amazon listed them, it meant they had them! :-/

I'm pretty sure you can cancel your order as long as it hasn't been shipped out yet

Is it possible that next smaller set would be based on Episode 1 when Harry gets saved by Firenze now that we got centaur part? 

7 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Is it possible that next smaller set would be based on Episode 1 when Harry gets saved by Firenze now that we got centaur part? 

I wouldn‘t mind a Firenze minifig, but I‘d rather they focus on DH for next year‘s wave. If there‘s going to be Forbidden Forest set like every other wave of the reboot thus far, I‘d prefer it to be based on DH part 2, so basically a remake of the 2011 set. Would be a good opportunity for an updated Narcissa :classic: