Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I preordered an entire box from Minifigure Maddness for Series 1, which is the first and only time I’ve bought a whole box. It arrived at the end of August but was definitely worth the wait for the great price, and if their prices are still around €180 for Series 2 I’ll definitely be buying a whole box again because they now cost $300 with the price increase if you order one from LEGO’s website. 

I'm always looking for multiples anyway so I might as well just bite the bullet and get a full box this year. That will be a fun day of opening bags.

Hopefully we get the reveal of Diagon Alley soon. So many theories as to what we will be getting, I hope it lives up to our expectations. I do hope we get some street pieces not just seperate buildings. Just picked up the last of the new Harry Potter sets, they finally got the student pack in in the lego store near me in Melbourne.

I've started upgrading Privet Drive already which I wasn't too fussed about getting but am excited to expand upon now. Still annoyed they put another car in it though. I've got 5 cars now. 

7 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Quick question, but I'm considering just buying a box of the cmf when it comes out, but I've never done that before. For those of you who have, where do you get it from? Do you just go into the shop and pick it up? What's the price they go for in pounds? Also, how many packs come in a box? Sorry for all these questions, but it's confusing :grin:

While I’m in the States, I just happened upon a box. I just went in with the intention to buy some. When I walked up to the counter, where they were, I saw a sealed case under the counter on the opposite side. As for the new series, I asked ahead at Barnes & Noble. Once the release date gets closer, I’m gonna see about setting one aside if possible, otherwise I’ll just be there at opening on day one. 

My biggest worry about the CMF is if the local Lego store will allow customers to feel the bags by the time it releases. When they reopened at the beginning of the month they weren’t even allowing customers to grab their own boxes off the shelves so hopefully things will have gotten better enough by September for them to relax their restrictions or I’ll have to rethink my CMF acquisition strategy. 

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Doesn‘t look like there‘s going to a reveal today, so another IG „leaker“ we can safely ignore from now on :tongue:

I mean this with no disrespect, but I am genuinely curious: How did @Falconfan1414 solidify his reputation as a trusted leaker? The only “leak” I’ve ever seen from him was the countdown to a “confirmation” that a Diagon Alley set is coming and that it is “probably” minifig scale. Does Falconfan even identify as a leaker? Maybe he can clarify this for us. When I think of a trusted leaker, I think of @TheRandomBlocker who had legitimate insider information through his line of work and risked it all to share those leaks with us. I think that’s quite different from the info we have seen from Falconfan. Again, no disrespect I just feel bad if people start bashing Falconfan if he doesn’t even claim to be or identify as a leaker.

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I mean this with no disrespect, but I am genuinely curious: How did @Falconfan1414 solidify his reputation as a trusted leaker? The only “leak” I’ve ever seen from him was the countdown to a “confirmation” that a Diagon Alley set is coming and that it is “probably” minifig scale. Does Falconfan even identify as a leaker? Maybe he can clarify this for us. When I think of a trusted leaker, I think of @TheRandomBlocker who had legitimate insider information through his line of work and risked it all to share those leaks with us. I think that’s quite different from the info we have seen from Falconfan. Again, no disrespect I just feel bad if people start bashing Falconfan if he doesn’t even claim to be or identify as a leaker.

Ok few things here. First they are not talking about me with the cmf info. The account in question is legofan_33 who was claiming that the cmf reveal was this week. I never said it was. I get questions all the time about when we might see the reveal so I just pointed out when the last one was revealed. I never ever said it Series 2 would be revealed this week. Also you probably haven’t been following my page for awhile if you are questioning my status as a legit leaker ;) 

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Doesn‘t look like there‘s going to a reveal today, so another IG „leaker“ we can safely ignore from now on :tongue:

Did he mean week as in Monday to Friday, because the week isn't over yet counting Saturday and Sunday...

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I mean this with no disrespect, but I am genuinely curious: How did @Falconfan1414 solidify his reputation as a trusted leaker?

You must have joined rather recently, haven’t you? :wink: @Falconfan1414 is one of the most trusted leakers out there and has been for quite some time.

I was indeed referring to legofan_33, who was the only one to say that a reveal was coming this week.

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Did he mean week as in Monday to Friday, because the week isn't over yet counting Saturday and Sunday...

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I’m aware, TLG never make official announcement on weekends :wink:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I’m aware, TLG never make official announcement on weekends :wink:

Oh really? Wow, i never noticed that. Well, there's still a few hours left in the day. Let's hope we get something

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok few things here. First they are not talking about me with the cmf info. The account in question is legofan_33 who was claiming that the cmf reveal was this week. I never said it was. I get questions all the time about when we might see the reveal so I just pointed out when the last one was revealed. I never ever said it Series 2 would be revealed this week. Also you probably haven’t been following my page for awhile if you are questioning my status as a legit leaker ;) 

Again, I meant absolutely no disrespect. I am relatively new here, though I have been following since last year. I know legofan_33 made a more definitive statement, but I saw that you had also made a comment about a possible CMF reveal on Wednesday. Since you have such a strong reputation and following, I just wanted to clarify if you even identify as a “leaker” so that people don’t start piling on you. My impression was that you are a LEGO blogger who reviews sets and curates other content from sources you’ve confirmed as legitimate. Either way, I appreciate you and all you do for the fandom.

41 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Any updates as to what is included in Diagon Alley? Haven't checked here often

Nope, no updates in that regard. All we know is that there's a $400 set of Diagon Alley. No details what so ever. :(

Maybe some minifig parts from the D2C might start to leak soon since it was around this time pics of the nanofigs surfaced on IG back in 2018. Then again, there were no leaks of the Hogwarts founder minifigs if I recall correctly which doesn’t exactly bode well for minifig leaks from the DA set :sceptic: D2Cs tend to be a bit unpredictable in that regard anyway.

Moreover, the leak season still hasn’t kicked off poperly yet as there surprisingly haven’t been any Star Wars minifig leaks whatsoever... So there’s a chance there won’t even be a “leak season” in the first place if everything gets officially revealed beforehand :snicker:

@Falconfan1414 has been an established reliable source of information for years, and always makes it very clear when he’s merely quoting somebody else, as in this case. The information about the CMF reveal did not come from him. He’s been reliable for a long time, and one of the most consistently reliable sources. Not sure where the doubt is coming from. 

59 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Any idea when the U.S. will get the summer wave?

if I were to guess it would be September. Still holding out hope there will be some sort of limited release in August.

Also there is a chance it doesn't even release this year, but that sounds like worst case scenario to me.

Edited by Surge

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

@Falconfan1414 has been an established reliable source of information for years, and always makes it very clear when he’s merely quoting somebody else, as in this case. The information about the CMF reveal did not come from him. He’s been reliable for a long time, and one of the most consistently reliable sources. Not sure where the doubt is coming from. 

No one is doubting him. I think everyone, including me, respects and admires what he brings to the community.

I just assumed he is a blogger who shares reliable content, though. I am not familiar with his reputation as a “leaker,” which is why I asked the question.

A “leaker” in my mind is someone who “leaks” exclusive info and content that they have special access to. Like @TheRandomBlocker last year and the Chinese factory workers this year.

If you ask him, I don’t think he even identifies as a ”leaker” - he is a blogger and he is a great one! No disrespect. 

Anyway, back to topic. I hate to say this (and I really hope I’m wrong) but I don’t think we will actually see official info about the CMF series 2 or the D2C Diagon Alley until July 31 (Harry’s Birthday) with both being released on September 1 (Hogwarts Day - it’s a thing in the US). What does everyone else think?

Edited by sebastian666

24 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

A “leaker” in my mind is someone who “leaks” exclusive info and content that they have special access to. Like @TheRandomBlocker last year and the Chinese factory workers this year.

If you ask him, I don’t think he even identifies as a ”leaker” - he is a blogger and he is a great one! No disrespect. 

Falconfan does indeed repost info from other sources just like other leakers but as opposed to the many wannabe leakers on IG Falconfan does actually have a source and posts new info firsthand. But this year pretty much all of our Harry Potter info came from Luckybricks and last year it came from RandomBlocker so there hasn't been much for Falconfan to get the scoop on when it comes to HP (and I don't remember seeing you on any other threads so I'm just gonna assume you're not really following any other themes :grin: ). 

But Falconfan is in fact a leaker, a damn good and reliable one at that :wink:

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan does indeed repost info from other sources just like other leakers but as opposed to the many wannabe leakers on IG Falconfan does actually have a source and posts new info firsthand. But this year pretty much all of our Harry Potter info came from Luckybricks and last year it came from RandomBlocker so there hasn't been much for Falconfan to get the scoop on when it comes to HP (and I don't remember seeing you on any other threads so I'm just gonna assume you're not really following any other themes :grin: ). 

But Falconfan is in fact a leaker, a damn good and reliable one at that :wink:

Thank you for clarifying! You’re right - I only collect and follow the LEGO Harry Potter series right now (but I would go nuts for an Adventurers reboot), so the only “leak” I’ve seen from Falconfan was a countdown to a statement that the D2C Diagon Alley would “probably” be minifig scale. So I was just like hmmm... :sceptic: Hopefully we get some real info on Diagon Alley and the CMF series sooner than later!

11 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Since when?:laugh:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/09/01/back-hogwarts-7-ways-celebrate-harry-potter-anniversary-september-1/624357001/

https://blog.universalorlando.com/events/back-to-hogwarts-2018/

They do a big “Witches & Wizards Festival” up here on September 1 too. Haunted hayrides, corn mazes, quidditch games, butterbeer, etc.

37 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/09/01/back-hogwarts-7-ways-celebrate-harry-potter-anniversary-september-1/624357001/

https://blog.universalorlando.com/events/back-to-hogwarts-2018/

They do a big “Witches & Wizards Festival” up here on September 1 too. Haunted hayrides, corn mazes, quidditch games, butterbeer, etc.

Interesting. Never heard of this