Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It would be a difficult one, but maybe they will risk it. After all, they have done sets for other themes like Vader's transformation in Star Wars, which is an undeniably heavy scene. I imagine whatever they do for the Dept. of Mysteries, they might just avoid the arch entirely, as that's where the intense stuff comes from

I think just not including the arch or Bellatrix would make it perfectly doable. We got the same Bellatrix in The Burrow, and Sirius doesn’t die without Bellatrix or the arch. Just include Harry, Sirius, Lucius, and maybe another student and another Order member. I think the Dumbledore/Voldemort Duel should be it’s own separate set 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think just not including the arch or Bellatrix would make it perfectly doable. We got the same Bellatrix in The Burrow, and Sirius doesn’t die without Bellatrix or the arch. Just include Harry, Sirius, Lucius, and maybe another student and another Order member. I think the Dumbledore/Voldemort Duel should be it’s own separate set 

Yeah, there's loads of playability to have with the hallway and falling orbs. Maybe a set like that could connect to the main atrium with a Dumbledore/Voldemort duel. Either way, I'd love a telephone box that descends into the hall :laugh_hard:

I will never again believe that LEGO shies away from "dark" scenes.  They do what they think people want to buy, and in the case of HP, I'm okay with that.

I’m still holding out hope for an Inferi cave set. Might be the set I want the most after Chamber Of Secrets Fluffy, and Ministry Battle sets. Harry with his red jacket, exclusive Dumbledore, some Inferi. Great set opportunity there

Regarding the topic of death scenes: In other themes, there’s plenty of sets featuring characters and/or locations involved in a character‘s death. Of course it‘s a bit more prevalent with villains (Palpy, Jabba, Boba Fett, Snoke, Maul, the villain triumvirate in Lone Ranger, the villain duumvirate from Fallen Kingdom, Azog, the Mouth of Sauron), but the same goes for protagonists as well (Qui-Gon, A LOT of starfighter pilots, Thorin, Star-Lord, Drax).

Moreover, it’s happened within the WW theme before :wink: One of the PS sets back in the day provided everything to recreate Quirrel’s death scene and the 2011 Forbidden Forest set basically depicted Harry‘s „death“ scene. Plus, the set loosely based on the Battle of Hogwarts included Lupin and Goyle. I think people are too hung up with the omission of Cedric from the Rise of Voldemort set, which has multiple valid explanations (cost, the fact this version was already featured as a CMF minifig, the availability of Cedric in other sets etc).

1 minute ago, TangyGecko said:

Was the rumoured Battle of the Department of Mysteries set debunked? Or is that still on the table?

Nope, that has solidly been debunked :laugh: One of a certain devious individual‘s many falsehoods

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, that has solidly been debunked :laugh: One of a certain devious individual‘s many falsehoods

Oh, that's a shame. Would've made for a nice set.....:sad:

51 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Well either Lego is going to make it Fri-yay or we're not getting a CMF reveal this week. :(

Yeah it sure is dragging out for us. Every reveal for this theme seems to do that so I guess we should all be used to it. There’s always a rumor that a reveal will happen and then it doesn’t happen for another week or two. Every time.

50 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Well either Lego is going to make it Fri-yay or we're not getting a CMF reveal this week. :(

I‘ve been digging a bit and so far, Brickshop are the only ones with an August release date. If the info from the catalogue and the initial rumours of a September release are correct, this would be way too early for an official reveal. I‘m afraid we won‘t see anything until at least mid-July

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah it sure is dragging out for us. Every reveal for this theme seems to do that so I guess we should all be used to it. There’s always a rumor that a reveal will happen and then it doesn’t happen for another week or two. Every time.

I know. My gut was telling me if wasn't going to happen this week, but you still hold out hope. :(

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m afraid we won‘t see anything until at least mid-July

So am I. :(

Look at it this way; for every day the chance for reveal increases both for the CMF and DA :wink:

28 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Look at it this way; for every day the chance for reveal increases both for the CMF and DA :wink:

Haha yea what more can you do. I can't believe we're so near to another HP CMF. I still remember the time, place and joy ... the exact moment I saw the first HP CMF on my phone two years ago. So looking forward to experiencing that again. It's so so close now ... ?

Just now, summicron said:

Haha yea what more can you do. I can't believe we're so near to another HP CMF. I still remember the time, place and joy ... the exact moment I saw the first HP CMF on my phone two years ago. So looking forward to experiencing that again. It's so so close now ... ?

The announcement that LEGO HP was coming back was one of the best pieces of LEGO-related news I've ever come home to. I remember just seeing the new Harry minifigure on Pottermore's Instagram, and thinking "that's not the Harry minifig" :laugh_hard: what a time it was

1 hour ago, TangyGecko said:

New thread I made:

We already have a thread with the same purpose, it's just not very active as 90% of people's ideas are pretty much exactly the same

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

We already have a thread with the same purpose, it's just not very active as 90% of people's ideas are pretty much exactly the same

Ah ok, I didn't know about this. My apologies.

Just now, TangyGecko said:

Ah ok, I didn't know about this. My apologies.

No need to apologise, everyone makes mistakes :wink:

There is no reason to expect the CMF reveal anytime soon

If this happens, it would be a surprise, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The September series are usually revealed around the time the SDCC takes place, which is 2nd week on July. 

Also, a lot of stores got Series 20 late because of Coronavirus (or were closed) so, I would't be surprised if the Harry Potter Series 2 reveal is pushed back a little bit. I would expect it on early August.

Quick question, but I'm considering just buying a box of the cmf when it comes out, but I've never done that before. For those of you who have, where do you get it from? Do you just go into the shop and pick it up? What's the price they go for in pounds? Also, how many packs come in a box? Sorry for all these questions, but it's confusing :grin:

7 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Quick question, but I'm considering just buying a box of the cmf when it comes out, but I've never done that before. For those of you who have, where do you get it from? Do you just go into the shop and pick it up? What's the price they go for in pounds? Also, how many packs come in a box? Sorry for all these questions, but it's confusing :grin:

I'm planning on buying one from MinifigureMadness (suggestion by @Lego-Freak). I'm not sure about pounds but the boxes usually go for around 170-180 euro there. There are 60 bags in a box.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm planning on buying one from MinifigureMadness (suggestion by @Lego-Freak). I'm not sure about pounds but the boxes usually go for around 170-180 euro there. There are 60 bags in a box.

Nice, thank you

As @Guyon2002 says, I can highly recommend them, I‘ve ordered from them many times before and have always been satisfied :thumbup: Sometimes it may take a wee bit longer for orders to dispatch (they had some trouble with Irish customs with S20 for instance) but it‘s well worth it. Just make sure to pre-order as soon as you can since there‘s always a limited amount of pre-orders before they get the next batch :wink:

Edit: Oh, and they‘re usually partnered with brickset (and Hothbricks I think?), which means there are often special discounts (around 5€ if memory serves me right)

Edited by Lego-Freak