Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m not saying that Brickshop is wrong, they‘ve been reliable in the past, but the consumer catalogue outweighs that information :wink:

I must say I disagree. At least in the Dutch versions of the catalogues there have been quite a lot of mistakes in setnumbers, names, character names and releasedates

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I must say I disagree. At least in the Dutch versions of the catalogues there have been quite a lot of mistakes in setnumbers, names, character names and releasedates

The Dutch catalogue for 2020 HY2 still isn't available on the site either. :/

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There have been plenty of errors in the past, the best one still being in the 2005 jan-jun catalogue where they said Anakin was fighting the Empire‘s Vulture Droids :laugh_hard: 

Maybe you‘re right and there’s an error in the consumer catalogue, but there‘s currently no way to tell which info is correct. If there‘s no reveal this or next week, my money‘s on the catalogue‘s info :classic:

19 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Looks great! We definitely need an updated troll, and I think a build such as this would make a Bathroom set more interesting, instead of just a mould. And I'm sure LEGO would like an excuse to raise the price :head_back:

Thanks for the nice feedback ? and others too

Yes much like grawp I think they can do the troll without t need for a new mould. I can imagine the castle side build in addition to a sink and bathroom stall for Hermione to hid in would also include some Halloween decorations like lanterns :)

I think in 2022 we will start to see remakes of sets in the rebooted Harry Potter line. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new Hogwarts Express set that year.

13 minutes ago, TangyGecko said:

I think in 2022 we will start to see remakes of sets in the rebooted Harry Potter line. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new Hogwarts Express set that year.

I just don’t feel like we need another Hogwarts Express for a long time. I would much rather get scenes and locations that haven’t been done yet. 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I just don’t feel like we need another Hogwarts Express for a long time. I would much rather get scenes and locations that haven’t been done yet. 

Yes, I would also prefer this but by this time the original 2018 wave will be 4 years old and i find it unlikely that there won't be some sort of overlap of source material. Another quidditch set or Gryffindor tower are also things I can see us getting repeats of sooner rather than later. After all, TLG is going to want the most iconic locations on shelves as often as they can. 

Anyway, has the rumour of the Battle of the Department of Mysteries set been debunked? I haven't seen anyone discussing it for months.

2020 Lego fans: We want more HP Lego!

2025: Lego releases its 5th Ford Anglia since 2018.

2025 Lego fans: 'Did Lego mistake the Ford Anglia for Luke's Landspeeder?'

29 minutes ago, TangyGecko said:

I really hope they don’t start doing remakes, I’d rather they just finish 2021 with DH and use 2022 as a way to catch up on any missed sets like Shrieking Shack, Merpeople, Chamber, and a huge Sorcerer Stone’s set to cover Troll, Fluffy, Winged Keys, and Chess Room. Then move onto a new reboot like Adventurers and come back to HP in like ten years. Don’t want this to become another Star Wars

Edited by RODDY

Just now, RODDY said:

I really hope they don’t start doing remakes, I’d rather they just finish 2021 with DH and use 2022 as a way to catch up on any missed sets like Shrieking Shack, Merpeople, Chamber, and a huge Sorcerer Stone’s set your cover Troll, Fluffy, Winged Keys, and Chess Room. Then move onto a new reboot like Adventurers and come back to HP in like ten years. Don’t want this to become another Star Wars

Well personally I don't mind remakes as long as they are different in the details (i.e. based on a different film). As long as we get a smattering of new sets and concepts in each wave, I'll be fine with it becoming evergreen. Although I too do not want it to become as bad as star wars.......

27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You might not do, but I’m sure a lot of kids who then get into Harry Potter, or just people who couldn’t get it the first time around, will! It’s no different to Star Wars rereleases. Usually they try and make them a bit different too. As much as I’d love them to make everything there is to make first, I think rereleases aren’t unlikely.

It would also be nice to all of our wallets if we have less to buy in a given year, but if it’s an evergreen theme it’s possible they wouldn’t have to miss stuff out!

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

You might not do, but I’m sure a lot of kids who then get into Harry Potter, or just people who couldn’t get it the first time around, will! It’s no different to Star Wars rereleases. Usually they try and make them a bit different too. As much as I’d love them to make everything there is to make first, I think rereleases aren’t unlikely.

Exactly. They could make the next Hogwarts Express set based off HBP, and include Harry, Draco, Zabini, Pansy Parkinson etc. They could even include hogsmeade station as the side build instead of King's cross, as it featured in the HBP movie. It would be very easy to make most of the sets feel different enough to warrant a remake.

One of the big differences between WW and SW is that the former get one wave with a few sets every year. SW on the other hand get several large waves every year and have done so for over 20 years. Over 60 SW sets on Brickset last year, HP had 11.
WW basically restarted in 2018 and there is still a lot of sets they can make in HP, in FB even more so..
I think they will start to remake some sets, however the sets are still selling so much that very few are retired yet, so little point in making any remakes then :tongue:

59 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

One of the big differences between WW and SW is that the former get one wave with a few sets every year. SW on the other hand get several large waves every year and have done so for over 20 years. Over 60 SW sets on Brickset last year, HP had 11.
WW basically restarted in 2018 and there is still a lot of sets they can make in HP, in FB even more so..
I think they will start to remake some sets, however the sets are still selling so much that very few are retired yet, so little point in making any remakes then :tongue:

Exactly. I don’t know about you guys, but in 2018 I was worrying about the Great Hall being on shelves for long enough to warrant continued Hogwarts expansion sets for the next 3-4 years and figured it would retire by 2020 at the latest. Now it’s two years since the line started and only three sets have been retired, which is something I never expected to see. If the sets continue to sell well enough to stay on shelves longer than the typical 1 to 1.5 year lifespan of sets, I can see LEGO not having to do remakes until 2023 or 2024. 

To my horror I just realised the chances of Diagon Alley getting a 450 euro pricetag here in the Netherlands are incredibly high. I really hate LEGO's ridiculous pricing of sets :damn:

Edited by Guyon2002

I definitely think some iconic Harry Potter aspects such as Quidditch and the Hogwarts Express could definitely be re-released with different films. The 2010 Hogwarts Express was based around a weird mishmash between the Chamber of Secret's and Half-Blood Prince (thank god for this reboot actually making an effort to differentiate between the years :innocent:). Maybe Lego can rerelease the Hogwarts Express in a few years based on Chamber of Secrets so they can include another Ford Anglia! 

I also wouldn't say no to a damaged Ford Anglia eventually being repackaged as the later damaged version with another Aragog if the theme lasts to the mid 2020s (if we're all still alive by then) :head_back:

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The 2010 Hogwarts Express was based around a weird mishmash between the Chamber of Secret's and Half-Blood Prince

Speaking of a mash up of films in 1 set, they could easily do a Hogwarts Express based on DH pt 1 with Neville, Ginny, Seamus and random Death Eater and then based on one of the earlier films to included a version of Harry, whether it’s PS, CoS or HBP

and also, if you think of it, the 2018 HE was a mash up of 2 films, Philosopher’s Stone (trolley witch) and Prisoner of Azkaban (Lupin/Dementor/Sirius wanted poster)

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

if you think of it, the 2018 HE was a mash up of 2 films, Philosopher’s Stone (trolley witch) and Prisoner of Azkaban (Lupin/Dementor/Sirius wanted poster)

Yeah, but even though the Trolly Witch doesn’t appear on screen in every movie there’s still the implication that she’s always there (pretty sure getting sweets from the trolly is mentioned in every book), so it’s a little different than including student characters from different movies/books (especially since Lego started changing their heights depending on their ages). 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, but even though the Trolly Witch doesn’t appear on screen in every movie there’s still the implication that she’s always there (pretty sure getting sweets from the trolly is mentioned in every book), so it’s a little different than including student characters from different movies/books (especially since Lego started changing their heights depending on their ages). 

Not really because she’s only seen in 2 films and the sets are based on the films, so I would definitely see the Express as being mainly PoA but taking an aspect from PS too

Builtbycalvin on Instagram found something neat on the back of the upcoming Magical Treasury book. it reads: "Explore: Hagrids hut, Newt Scamanders case, Diagon Alley, Privet Drive" Seeing as the book releases July 7th, and there is a possibility of a press release of Diagon alley in July, do you think it's possible the book will reveal the set, or do you think it'll just be a custom build or the microscale DA from 2018? Could mean something, could mean nothing, but I found this info worth sharing. (sorry if this has been seen and/or talked about before, I just recently joined Eurobricks and haven't had time to read through the first 300 pages lol).

Edited by Bowtruckle44

Oh boy, LEGO Quidditch stands based on POA's Quidditch field is a dream! I've always loved how Cuaron stripped a lot of the banners from the field to emphasize the shift of tone for the series.

1 hour ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Builtbycalvin on Instagram found something neat on the back of the upcoming Magical Treasury book. it reads: "Explore: Hagrids hut, Newt Scamanders case, Diagon Alley, Privet Drive" Seeing as the book releases July 7th, and there is a possibility of a press release of Diagon alley in July, do you think it's possible the book will reveal the set, or do you think it'll just be a custom build or the microscale DA from 2018? Could mean something, could mean nothing, but I found this info worth sharing. (sorry if this has been seen and/or talked about before, I just recently joined Eurobricks and haven't had time to read through the first 300 pages lol).

If you look for the German version on Amazon, you can see that the microscale one is meant: https://www.amazon.de/LEGO®-Harry-PotterTM-magische-Lexikon/dp/3831040818/ref=sr_1_12?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=harry+potter+lexikon&qid=1593046347&sr=8-12 (fifth picture)

1 hour ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

It’s possible the book covers the original run of the theme as well, which included the 2011 D2C and a few individual shops as sets too. 

On 6/23/2020 at 2:10 AM, RealGeronimo11 said:

It seems odd that they did a set for the first task, but neither of the other two. Maybe they were deemed too dark, as a lot of other potentially dark scenes such as in the Shrieking shack/Whomping Willow with werewolf-Lupin and the battle at the Department of Mysteries with the death of Sirius haven't had sets yet. But I agree that they're more likely to come in sets than the CMF

They did make the revival of Voldemort, complete with the “ingredients” to revive him. Making a werewolf Lupin set would be feasible, they’ve done them before. But yeah, other than omitting Sirius(which would be a bone headed move) from a Dept. of Mysteries battle, I don’t know how they could clean it up for the kids. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

They did make the revival of Voldemort, complete with the “ingredients” to revive him. Making a werewolf Lupin set would be feasible, they’ve done them before. But yeah, other than omitting Sirius(which would be a bone headed move) from a Dept. of Mysteries battle, I don’t know how they could clean it up for the kids. 

It would be a difficult one, but maybe they will risk it. After all, they have done sets for other themes like Vader's transformation in Star Wars, which is an undeniably heavy scene. I imagine whatever they do for the Dept. of Mysteries, they might just avoid the arch entirely, as that's where the intense stuff comes from