Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

In the US so trying to fill the void of waiting for the set releases...  Ginny finally made it to Hogwarts (thanks to BrickLink). Still not sure about that face...696AB741-BC14-469F-9859-880986FECAB1.jpeg.2ca5c00133c9b4fb75ef8a9f89d08b27.jpeg

Edited by 10or

27 minutes ago, 10or said:

In the US so trying to fill the void of waiting for the set releases...  Ginny finally made it to Hogwarts (thanks to BrickLink). Still not sure about that face...696AB741-BC14-469F-9859-880986FECAB1.jpeg.2ca5c00133c9b4fb75ef8a9f89d08b27.jpeg

The alternate expression is great for a scared Ginny, but the smirk is just too evil looking. I've been using the original smiling Claire face from the first Jurassic World 75917 Raptor Rampage as a young CoS Ginny, and the Claire face from the Jurassic World bricktober pack for a teenage Ginny. 

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Look I made a troll based on the new Grawp but with a few changes (mainly feet, head and belly) :P

That looks so good! I hadn't actually thought of a build for the troll being like that but it would definitely work! The head could be printed like the X Men Sentinel and the body could be a bit more slender with Mixel ball joints too. What a brilliant build. 

A Philosopher's Stone set with the exterior of the right hand side of Hogwarts with the Bell Towers opposite from the Great Hall could be a great place for a full-on First Year magical creatures and challenges set, with a Brick-Built Troll, Fluffy, Devil's Snare, Chess and the Confrontation with Quirrel. To pad out the figures it could even include a green space with Oliver Wood for Harry's first Quidditch training. The reason I thought of this part of Hogwarts too is that it's really long in between the towers, which could fit the Corridor leading to Fluffy with the challenges underneath. Also it would fit right behind the gatehouse section of the castle included in The Astronomy Tower. :wub:

2 hours ago, 10or said:

I did the same at the end of May, I used Dean Thomas’s scarf torso instead though and swapped the hands to make Ginny. I want to get a second Susan Bones face to make her COS variant too. I also got another Rey/Lavender face but put the wavy CMF Pop Star hair on like in the Lego game but until I can get some more Astronomy Tower Draco’s her legs will be too short.

If we do get a CMF reveal tomorrow, is there any standard time for it?

Edited by RogueTwo

19 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

If we do get a CMF reveal tomorrow, is there any standard time for it?

All Brickset press releases come out at 14:00 I think... and I believe they are out of Europe...somewhere? I don't know, probably pretty early

3 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

All Brickset press releases come out at 14:00 I think... and I believe they are out of Europe...somewhere? I don't know, probably pretty early

Where I live, 14 o'clock isn't a real time :grin:. I get what you're saying though.

Edited by Brick Guru

46 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Where I live, 14 o'clock isn't a real time :grin:. I get what you're saying though.

It’s military time. 14:00 is 2:00pm

Just so I don’t get blamed if nothing comes tomorrow. I wasn’t hinting at anything with my story, it was just a statement. It could come tomorrow but the only part we have heard what it is coming this week is that one random instagramer. So we will wait and see

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Just so I don’t get blamed if nothing comes tomorrow. I wasn’t hinting at anything with my story, it was just a statement. It could come tomorrow but the only part we have heard what it is coming this week is that one random instagramer. So we will wait and see

Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything so as not to get my hopes up :wink: 

13 hours ago, TangyGecko said:

I know it's a bit early but here are my predictions/Wishlist for next year's wave.

Core wave/ June release

Hogwarts Battle- Small section of Hogwarts based off of DH2 ( similar to the Room of Requirement) Minifigures: Molly, Ginny, Bellatrix, Death Eater.  £20

Malfoy Manor- Small section of  the Malfoy manor dining hall from DH1  Minifigures: Harry, Draco,Ron, Lucius, Narcissa.     £25

The Tent-  Medium-sized tent build, small pond build with Gryffindor's Sword, New doe patronus piece. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Scabior, snatcher   £35

Shell Cottage- House build similar to privet drive set from this year. Minifigures: Harry, Luna, Hermione, bill, Fleur, Ollivander    £50

Ukrainian Iron Belly Escape- (Attaches to this year's gringotts build in the D2C) Section of Gringotts that includes a cart track, The lestrange vault, Miscellaneous Vault, Large Ukrainian Iron Belly build   Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, (All in disguises), Griphook, Bogrod, Gringotts guard.     £65

The Battle of Hogwarts- Large hogwarts playset with lots of exploding functions but still looks good on its own, Section of the courtyard, Boat house. Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Voldemort, snape, mcgonnagal, Death eater (x2), dementor, hagrid, The Grey lady.   £100

Later releases/ August wave:

Fiendfyre Rescue-(attaches to Room of Requirement set) Builds for the piles of hidden objects, builds for the fiendfyre. Minifigures: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Blaise, crabbe   £35

Escape From the ministry- Builds for the court, entrance hall, and lift. Minifigures: Harry,Ron, Hermione (disguises), umbridge, Yaxley, Mary Cattermole  £50

Death Eater battle pack: Small build for some hogwarts terrain. Minifigures: Death Eater (x3) Dementor.   £13

What are your thoughts on this? (this took me a while to type LOL)

Nice ideas, I can see most of these or something close becoming sets! 

Personally if they do Malfoy Manor I Hope it is a (simplified) facade of the entire building, so then it can look good displayed along with the other houses (Burrow, Privet Drive etc)

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

Personally if they do Malfoy Manor I Hope it is a (simplified) facade of the entire building, so then it can look good displayed along with the other houses (Burrow, Privet Drive etc)

Like the Jurassic World mansion? I’m not sure how big that is, but the inside was a letdown, so if they can do it without the internals being terrible then sure, if not then noooo thanks ??

12 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Like the Jurassic World mansion? I’m not sure how big that is, but the inside was a letdown, so if they can do it without the internals being terrible then sure, if not then noooo thanks ??

It's pretty big but the interior was indeed very small and disappointing

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's pretty big but the interior was indeed very small and disappointing

I remember watching a review and being like “is that it?” when it was turned around, I think there are plenty of play features they could do, they could have a revolving wall for Dobby rescuing Luna and Ollivander, a dropping chandelier, a stud shooter knife, oh wait... ??

Since the CMF could be revealed in a matter of hours, I'm going to list my predictions for the remaining seven.  They may not be original, but they are my own opinion:

1. Harry Potter/Gregory Goyle Polyjuice (accessory: extra hairpiece)
2. Ron Weasley/Vincent Crabbe Polyjuice (accessory: extra hairpiece)
3. Hermione Granger in Gryffindor t-shirt (from Half-Blood Prince Quidditch Match; accessory: yellow bird)
4. Gilderoy Lockhart in pearl-gold robes (accessory: Cornish pixie)
5. Sirius Black (Grimmauld Place suit; accessory: Padfoot)
6. Firenze the Centaur
7. Madame Pomfrey (accessory: Skele-gro)

EDIT: I really hope we don't get a cat Hermione...that always struck me as a really weird part of the movie.

Edited by RogueTwo

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but I‘d be very surprised if there actually was an announcement this week. Series 1 was an August release so a reveal near the end of June made sense, but Series 2 is going to be released in September, at least according to some versions of the consumer catalogue. I think a reveal some time in July is more likely, but I could be wrong (and I hope I am :laugh:)

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Series 1 was an August release so a reveal near the end of June made sense, but Series 2 is going to be released in September

I’m sure someone (can’t remember who) keeps saying that it’s August in normal stores and September in Lego stores, no idea if that’s true, but if it is then around now would be right, if not then this time next month probably ??‍♂️☺️

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’m sure someone (can’t remember who) keeps saying that it’s August in normal stores and September in Lego stores, no idea if that’s true, but if it is then around now would be right, if not then this time next month probably ??‍♂️☺️

Brickshop has had it listed as an August 7th release for a few months now. I don't remember them ever being wrong before with the releasedates they've put up :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Brickshop has had it listed as an August 7th release for a few months now. I don't remember them ever being wrong before with the releasedates they've put up :shrug_oh_well:

If that’s the case, then yeah, I’ll believe August until someone says otherwise because I know that Brickshop are reliable, if I’m disappointed at least it’s only about a release date and not about what the product is ?

I‘m not saying that Brickshop is wrong, they‘ve been reliable in the past, but the consumer catalogue outweighs that information :wink: