Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Hopefully I’ll be able to collect all the Series 1 CMFs before Series 2 comes out. I just bought Luna on eBay for a good price (basically the max price I’d pay, £7.50, but with an extra Voldemort and Jacob Kowalski on top!) which I’m very glad about as I was getting worried about Luna as she’s becoming increasingly rare and expensive it seems. Just Harry, Hermione and Moody to go!

Also bought the Harry’s Journey polybag the other day - what a lovely little build!

I’m definitely gonna try and get as many of Series 2 as I can while it’s still on shelves. But I’m excited for them as I’ve come to love minifigs.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The figures I’m really hoping for from the CMF are Rita Skeeter, Madam Pomfrey, Tonks, and Lockhart. I hope the reveal is actually this week! 

Same tbh. The polyjuiced trio sound nice but I could live without them, and instead we could get other characters... maybe from DH? 

I'm probably something of an outlier, but I'm hoping for a cheeky Ernie Macmillan in the CMF, and maybe an Angelina Johnson/Alicia Spinnet/Katie Bell. The students have always been my favourite part of Harry Potter, and I can't see any particular set Ernie would fit in (as opposed to other students we've never got in Lego form - Justin Finch-Fletchley could hypothetically be in a duelling club/basilisk set later on in the range, there'd be room for Terry Boot or Anthony Goldstein or someone in a hypothetical Dumbledore's Army set, etc.)

48 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I'm probably something of an outlier, but I'm hoping for a cheeky Ernie Macmillan in the CMF, and maybe an Angelina Johnson/Alicia Spinnet/Katie Bell. The students have always been my favourite part of Harry Potter, and I can't see any particular set Ernie would fit in (as opposed to other students we've never got in Lego form - Justin Finch-Fletchley could hypothetically be in a duelling club/basilisk set later on in the range, there'd be room for Terry Boot or Anthony Goldstein or someone in a hypothetical Dumbledore's Army set, etc.)

I'd love all of those, but not necessarily in the CMF. I think if LEGO stopped having the Hogwarts minifigs be party variants, we could get some cool more obscure students 

30 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'd love all of those, but not necessarily in the CMF. I think if LEGO stopped having the Hogwarts minifigs be party variants, we could get some cool more obscure students 

Hopefully we'll get more student packs in the future; representatives of the four house Quidditch teams, winter theme with hats and scarfs, Battle of Hogwarts fighters, that sort of thing. We could easily get obscure students that way rather than being shoehorned into the regular sets, such as the Quidditch players or Dumbledore's Army members.

Just now, Felkin said:

Hopefully we'll get more student packs in the future; representatives of the four house Quidditch teams, winter theme with hats and scarfs, Battle of Hogwarts fighters, that sort of thing. We could easily get obscure students that way rather than being shoehorned into the regular sets, such as the Quidditch players or Dumbledore's Army members.

I'd personally rather get widely released battlepacks than more accessory packs. There's nothing wrong with those packs but them being exclusive to LEGO themselves makes them a pain in the megablocks to get without either paying LEGO's own pricing for a large set or paying for shipping (which is almost half the pack's cost and the difference between LEGO and normal retailer pricing here in the Netherlands is pretty significant). I never like buying from LEGO directly unless there's no other option, I'll probably get this one with DA.

Here are my final predictions (actually it’s more a wishlist) for the final 7 figures before the reveal:
- Percy Weasley

- Lockhart

- Ginny 

- Ron in quidditch outfit 

- Pomfrey

- Skeeter

- Hermione in winter outfit

If we’re doing predictions for the final 7 CMF... 

Crabbe (Ron), Goyle (Harry), Hermione (cat head), Tonks (OOTP), Rita, Madam Pomfrey & Lockhart.

Does anyone with experience of the Minifigure accessory packs from other themes know how long we can expect the Hogwarts Students Pack to stay in stock for? 

I’m only planning on getting two or three copies and I don’t really want to spend the shipping price on just that. I was thinking of getting the Room of Requirement set at the same time because it’s so cheap anyway but ideally I’d wait until August/September when more sets are out - the minifigure series will be out by then and if there’s still a level of social distancing I’ll probsbly just buy 10ish bags directly from Lego and cross my fingers I don’t get doubles of characters like Harry and Luna.

but my biggest fear is missing my chance to get Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin minifigures so cheaply so it’d be a reassurance to know if the set is likely to still be in stock in 3 months time. 

My final 7 predictions: 

1. Madam Poppy Pomfrey

2. Rita Skeeter

3. Harry (Gregory Goyle)

4. Ron (Vincent Crabbe)

5. Hermione (Millicent's Cat)

6. Aunt Marge Dursley

7. Percy Weasley (Head Boy)

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Does anyone with experience of the Minifigure accessory packs from other themes know how long we can expect the Hogwarts Students Pack to stay in stock for? 

I’m only planning on getting two or three copies and I don’t really want to spend the shipping price on just that. I was thinking of getting the Room of Requirement set at the same time because it’s so cheap anyway but ideally I’d wait until August/September when more sets are out - the minifigure series will be out by then and if there’s still a level of social distancing I’ll probsbly just buy 10ish bags directly from Lego and cross my fingers I don’t get doubles of characters like Harry and Luna.

but my biggest fear is missing my chance to get Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin minifigures so cheaply so it’d be a reassurance to know if the set is likely to still be in stock in 3 months time. 

I would be very surprised if it didn't last through year end at the earliest.  The USA may not even get the other new HP sets until September and the 1st wave is still available (temporarily out of stock at Lego s@h).  

10 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

10. Ron Weasley as Quidditch Keeper

11. Hermione Granger in Winter Clothes w new Crookshanks

12. Draco Malfoy in Black Suit w Bird

13. Professor Lockhart w Cornish Pixie

14. Tonks (OotP) w alternate pink hair

15. Rita Skeeter w new Daily Prophet tile

16. Madam Pomfrey w Skelegrow Potion

Updating my list because I think @Legopls‘s prediction about Hermione is much more realistic than the Polyjuice Cat Hermione we all want. I am starting to doubt that LEGO will give us two female characters with cat heads. We’re already getting Luna with her Gryffindor Lion Head. And Hermione in her Muggle winter clothes is so iconic in both OotP and HBP. They could even reuse the Hidden Side girl’s cap and hair (though I’d prefer a new more accurate mold). This way, the already confirmed HBP Harry and the predicted HBP Ron in Quidditch gear will match Hermione. My prediction is that they will throw in a new fat cat mold for Crookshanks with her. I also think we are all light on “bad guys” in our predictions so I replaced Harry as Goyle with Malfoy in his iconic black suit with the little bird he puts in the vanishing cabinet.

Edited by sebastian666

Well, everyone's throwing around their predictions for the final 7 CMF slots, so I figured that I would throw in my two cents. Nothing too special as It's mainly what everyone else has been saying lol.

1.Rita Skeeter

2. Gilderoy Lockhart

3. Aunt Marge

4. Lucius Malfoy

5. Madame Pomfrey

6. OotP Tonks

7. Ginny (Either Cos or HBP)

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

My final 7 predictions: 

1. Madam Poppy Pomfrey

2. Rita Skeeter

3. Harry (Gregory Goyle)

4. Ron (Vincent Crabbe)

5. Hermione (Millicent's Cat)

6. Aunt Marge Dursley

7. Percy Weasley (Head Boy)

I agree

although I can see the poly juice trio being casual hermione, qiditch ron and Lockhart  

My predictions list is rather similar to a lot of other people’s - which shouldn’t really be surprising since we’ve all been discussing this for ages and probably done a good job of cross contaminating each other’s ideas. Namely:

1. Harry Potter (polyjuiced as Goyle)

2. Ron Weasley (polyjuiced as Crabbe)

3. Hermione Granger (polyjuiced as cat)

4. Madame Pomfrey (w/ potions bottle)

5. Rita Skeeter (w/ green quill and parchment)

6. Tonks (OotP outfit w/ different colored hair pieces)

7. Gilderoy Lockhart 

I wouldn’t mind if number 7 actually turned out to be werewolf Lupin, but I suspect if Lockhart ends up coming in the D2C they’ll want to make him a new mold for his hair with the CMF budget. 
I’m also not going to complain if we get HBP variants of Ron and Hermione to match the Harry we already know about, and there’s no second Harry like we got in series 1. If that were the case I’d expect that spot to be taken by a Draco variation (since we’d be short on Slytherin characters/outfits without the polyjuiced trio). But the above list is still my first guess. 

How exciting that a reveal might be so soon!

I would really love Kreacher. A merperson would be wonderful too. And Ron with his patronus. A version of Harry Potter as a baby (similar to the Voldemort one they've already made). 

Probably not very realistic once again :)

Just now, Nina said:

I would really love Kreacher.

Yes! Kreacher is essential! He's my favourite House Elf, and while I'd like to get him sooner and easier in the CMF, it's more likely he'd come in a Grimmauld Place set somewhere down the line

16 minutes ago, Nina said:

How exciting that a reveal might be so soon!

I would really love Kreacher. A merperson would be wonderful too. And Ron with his patronus. A version of Harry Potter as a baby (similar to the Voldemort one they've already made). 

Probably not very realistic once again :)

I really want Rita, a cornish pixie (so a Lockhart version) and I would love a Merperson; they have become ridiculously expensive of late. A Karkaroff would also be welcome. Both merpeople and Karkariff could easily be included in sets though if they go back and fill in scenes.

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I really want Rita, a cornish pixie (so a Lockhart version) and I would love a Merperson; they have become ridiculously expensive of late. A Karkaroff would also be welcome. Both merpeople and Karkariff could easily be included in sets though if they go back and fill in scenes.

It seems odd that they did a set for the first task, but neither of the other two. Maybe they were deemed too dark, as a lot of other potentially dark scenes such as in the Shrieking shack/Whomping Willow with werewolf-Lupin and the battle at the Department of Mysteries with the death of Sirius haven't had sets yet. But I agree that they're more likely to come in sets than the CMF

Amongst all this CMF speculation, I‘ve just realised something: has any source confirmed 71028 to be a HP series WITHOUT referring to the infamous leak in March? If not, we‘re extremely lucky in a way. Had the leak not occurred, we‘d probably still be thinking it was a Marvel series :laugh_hard:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Amongst all this CMF speculation, I‘ve just realised something: has any source confirmed 71028 to be a HP series WITHOUT referring to the infamous leak in March? If not, we‘re extremely lucky in a way. Had the leak not occurred, we‘d probably still be thinking it was a Marvel series :laugh_hard:

I guess we have that leak to thank for keeping a lot of our speculation alive, and if it hadn't have happened, maybe we wouldn't have latched onto King NoKnow so willingly :sad:

34 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yes! Kreacher is essential! He's my favourite House Elf, and while I'd like to get him sooner and easier in the CMF, it's more likely he'd come in a Grimmauld Place set somewhere down the line

Due to him needing a new mold for his head I'd say an appearance in a CMF is more likely than in a normal set

15 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It seems odd that they did a set for the first task, but neither of the other two. Maybe they were deemed too dark, as a lot of other potentially dark scenes such as in the Shrieking shack/Whomping Willow with werewolf-Lupin and the battle at the Department of Mysteries with the death of Sirius haven't had sets yet. But I agree that they're more likely to come in sets than the CMF

It's definetely odd how they skipped over the Second Task but I think skipping over the Third Task is perfectly justified. In the movie version of GoF it was nothing more than just a big hedge maze. No Sphinx, no Acromantula etc just a hedge on steroids. The only interesting thing we could've gotten from the Third Task (at least imo) are the 4 champions in their respective Third Task outfits and ofc the graveyard in which Voldemort gets resurrected. 

Talking about those Tasks reminds me, I'd really like to see Second Task Fleur in the CMF with a Grindylow. Though the chances of that happening are really low. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Talking about those Tasks reminds me, I'd really like to see Second Task Fleur in the CMF with a Grindylow. Though the chances of that happening are really low. 

I want some Grindylows so bad! I still think there’s a possibility that we could get them in a Durmstrang ship set next year.

LEGO is almost all out of vehicles for the line now that they’ve done the Hogwarts Express, the Knight Bus, the Beauxbatons Carriage, a thestral carriage, and two versions of the flying Ford Anglia.

I could see the ship set including a few Grindylows, the champions in their Second Task appearances, a mermaid or two, Karkaroff, and a random Durmstrang student.

The only other iconic vehicle I can think of is Sirius’ motorcycle. Marco Bessa confirmed that the design team has been working on it, but their challenge is building handlebars that work with the current Hagrid minifigs arms.

Someone mentioned earlier about wanting a new hair and hat mold for Percy. I'm not sure if they would as the hats only really appear in Philosopher's Stone, and maybe Chamber of Secrets. If they don't make a new mold, I wouldn't mind if we got the black hat worn by the Death Eater in the Rise of Voldemort set, and then a hair piece for him as well.

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be cool, but there's definitely an argument for shark-head Krum, and I reckon they could make a set more interesting by adding the giant squid, although that's definitely unlikely