Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Thanks I ordered it. Still really bummed I got a crappy micro lambourghini or whatever it was instead of the Cool Hot Rod with 2 minifigures! :'( Guess student pack will have to wait to be ordered with the D2C now, as postage on it's own is 50% of the student packs cost. Lol.

No problem, I’m thinking of doing the same thing for the student pack cause I can’t stand the hefty shipping cost. At least I now have enough VIP points to get a $30 voucher, WOOHOO!!

27 minutes ago, PotterMinifigPals said:

No problem, I’m thinking of doing the same thing for the student pack cause I can’t stand the hefty shipping cost. At least I now have enough VIP points to get a $30 voucher, WOOHOO!!

I was approaching the $30 off mark, but I asked LEGO what was going on with the sets and stated my concern about missing out on the hotrod and they game me like 3000 vip points. So with purchasing the burrow, I should just be passing the $75 off mark which will be nice! :-D

28 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I was approaching the $30 off mark, but I asked LEGO what was going on with the sets and stated my concern about missing out on the hotrod and they game me like 3000 vip points. So with purchasing the burrow, I should just be passing the $75 off mark which will be nice! :-D

That's amazing! Did they know what's been going on? I'm hoping Kmart gets them in the first week of July cause I'm missing Privet Drive still and they always do around $20 off RRP for those size sets. I also just checked and the Burrow's already sold out, glad I saw it when I did.

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

From 1414FalconFan: reminding us that the Harry Potter CMF series 1 was revealed on the last Wednesday in June 2018...

As tempting as the prospect is, series 1 was released in August in Lego stores, while it looks like series 2 will be releasing in September. That could definitely throw comparisons off. 

6 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

From 1414FalconFan: reminding us that the Harry Potter CMF series 1 was revealed on the last Wednesday in June 2018...

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

As tempting as the prospect is, series 1 was released in August in Lego stores, while it looks like series 2 will be releasing in September. That could definitely throw comparisons off. 

The last Wednesday of June 2020 will be in 2 days, so we'll see soon enough.

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

As for advent calendars - I realize kingnono was wrong about getting an OotP advent calendar this year, but I see no reason why we shouldn’t get one next year. OotP comes after GoF chronologically after all. 

It's just a possible pattern we've seen. Our first AC was based on years 1/2 in a 3/4 wave, the second AC is based on years 3/4 in a 5/6 wave with said set being based on the Clocktowers main theme. It wouldn't be surprising for LEGO to do the same as they did this year and expand on the Slugclub party.

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It releases in september in the LEGO stores, normal retailers will get them August 7th

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It releases in september in the LEGO stores, normal retailers will get them August 7th

I highly doubt that since brickshop is the only retailer I’m aware of that advertises that particular date. Moreover, the consumer catalogues also state September as the release date 

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I highly doubt that since brickshop is the only retailer I’m aware of that advertises that particular date. Moreover, the consumer catalogues also state September as the release date 

We'll see :shrug_oh_well:

Wouldn't be the first time they're the only ones to show a certain date

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's just a possible pattern we've seen. Our first AC was based on years 1/2 in a 3/4 wave, the second AC is based on years 3/4 in a 5/6 wave with said set being based on the Clocktowers main theme. It wouldn't be surprising for LEGO to do the same as they did this year and expand on the Slugclub party.

With that logic, we could also observe that both advent calendars have used repeat minifigures from the highest price point set of the year before. Therefore, next year’s advent calendar could be HBP themed and reuse minifigures from the Astronomy Tower or it could be OotP themed and, say, reuse Molly and Arthur from the Burrow. 

The delusional part of me is expecting a Diagon Alley reveal on Wednesday.  I can dream!

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The delusional part of me is expecting a Diagon Alley reveal on Wednesday.  I can dream!

What’s special about Wednesday?

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

What’s special about Wednesday?

FalconFan hinted that last time the cmf was revealed on the last Wednesday of June back in 2018. Next Wednesday will be the last in June this year.

3 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

according to legofan33 on ig, the CMF will be revealed this week. He seems to be reliable. 

Hm, their amount of posts is suspicious, but they were one of the first to post the rumours about the Mickey & Minnie set, and they were right. Then again, it could just be guesswork based on the reveal of S1 two years ago :shrug_oh_well:

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, their amount of posts is suspicious, but they were one of the first to post the rumours about the Mickey & Minnie set, and they were right. Then again, it could just be guesswork based on the reveal of S1 two years ago :shrug_oh_well:

And they said the next ideas review would be this week a few days ago, which has now been confirmed

Looking forward to it :excited:
I really hope there is more than one animal, if not I am starting to get worried for the future CMFs. WW1 and series 19 had a lot of animals and then suddenly series 20 only had one and if WW2 also only have one I sound the alarm :wacko:
I will get every fig in HP regardless of number of animals in it, but that do not apply to other CMF series :sceptic:

It sounds like we could be anywhere from a few minutes to a few days away from the full reveal of the Harry Potter LEGO CMF Series 2. I’m curious to hear what everyone’s final predictions are before the big reveal! I’ve listed the 9 known minifigs below followed my predictions for the remaining 7 unknown minifigs:

1. Harry Potter w HBP Book

2. Dumbledore w Fawkes

3. Kingsley Shacklebolt

4. Griphook

5. Moaning Myrtle

6. Luna Lovegood w Lion Head

7. Neville Longbottom w Monster Book

8. Professor Sprout w Mandrake

9. Bellatrix Lestrange in Azkaban Prison

10. Ron Weasley as Quidditch Keeper

11. Hermione Granger as Millicent’s Cat

12. Harry Potter as Gregory Goyle

13. Professor Lockhart w Cornish Pixie

14. Tonks (OotP) w alternate pink hair

15. Rita Skeeter w new Daily Prophet tile

16. Madam Pomfrey w Skelegrow Potion

59 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

And they said the next ideas review would be this week a few days ago, which has now been confirmed

You're right :thumbup: Now I hope their information checks out :wub:

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

15. Rita Skeeter w new Daily Prophet tile

16. Madam Pomfrey w Skelegrow Potion

As much as I would like to see these two, I'm rooting for a certain someone to be as wrong as humanly possible :devil: Even if he only got 3-4 out of the 7 minifigs right, people might start to want to redeem him and that's the last thing I want to happen. Sorry, but these two have to be sacrificed :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

As much as I would like to see these two, I'm rooting for a certain someone to be as wrong as humanly possible :devil: Even if he only got 3-4 out of the 7 minifigs right, people might start to want to redeem him and that's the last thing I want to happen. Sorry, but these two have to be sacrificed :tongue:

Haha I agree, but I feel like people were predicting these two long before NoKnow ascended his throne of lies :laugh: ! I’ve been expecting Madam Pomfrey ever since we got the Infirmary in last year’s Clock Tower.

38 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Looking forward to it :excited:
I really hope there is more than one animal, if not I am starting to get worried for the future CMFs. WW1 and series 19 had a lot of animals and then suddenly series 20 only had one and if WW2 also only have one I sound the alarm :wacko:
I will get every fig in HP regardless of number of animals in it, but that do not apply to other CMF series :sceptic:

Well, we already know we’re getting Fawkes, so that’s one guaranteed already. I imagine we won’t get as many animals as series 1, because half the animals in that series came from the fact that they decided to make their matching trio in school robes with their pets as accessories, and that’s not really something they can do again. As far as possible animals in series 2 go, I’d love to get Werewolf Lupin as a minifigure with Padfoot as his accessory (both are in dire need of an update), I’ve also seen people speculating about the possibility of getting Ginny with a Pygmy Puff, and after being deprived of getting a proper Errol in the Burrow set I wouldn’t mind getting a member of the Weasley family with him as an accessory, and I think Lockhart with Cornish Pixies has been speculated about since 2018. For all we know Myrtle could come with Mrs. Noris as her accessory. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

.and after being deprived of getting a proper Errol in the Burrow set I wouldn’t mind getting a member of the Weasley family with him as an accessory

I love this idea, and I think Percy Weasley would be the best choice, with a new torso with a prefect badge and perhaps that pointy hat he wears in the first 2 movies

4 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I love this idea, and I think Percy Weasley would be the best choice, with a new torso with a prefect badge and perhaps that pointy hat he wears in the first 2 movies

With the hair too because I personally hate hats with no hair (damn you McGonagall), but I personally would rather another character get that spot and Percy be in his OotP attire as opposed to his Hogwarts uniform

I hope it’s true we will get a reveal soon, its been quite a fun adventure speculating for a year (and I Hope lego has been watching and taking notes of all our ideas), but I would like to finally get the reveal already. 

Anyway here is my final guess/wish list for the remaining figures, most of which I have guessed before:

Ron Weasley (HBP Quidditch keeper), Hermione Granger (HBP) & Herbology book, Madam Pomfrey, Lucius Malfoy, Aunt Marge & Ripper, Firenze the Centaur*, Tonks (pink hair) & broom

*i still think this is possible: he only needs the 4 essential parts and the new horse body is not outside the realms of what can fit in a CMF bag: see the Dolphin, bike frame, Ursula’s lower body etc

Edited by Bugbot20082