Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I don’t think the Carrows are CMF material. They barely feature in the books and people who’d only seen the movies could probably be forgiven for not recognizing them immediately. Plus they wear plain black robes. I think if we get them it’s much more likely to be in a Battle of Hogwarts set or a Death Eater battle pack (gotta give our heroes some evil hordes to fight). Save the potential CMF budget for characters and variations that actually need the extra printing and mold budget. :sweet:

That makes sense, they are barely in it and aren't as cool-looking as some other DADA minifigs like Umbridge or Lockhart are

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That makes sense, they are barely in it and aren't as cool-looking as some other DADA minifigs like Umbridge or Lockhart are

Didn't one of the 2 teach Muggle Studies?

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Didn't one of the 2 teach Muggle Studies?

Correct, Alecto taught Muggle Studies while Amycus taught Dark Arts. Technically, neither of them was a DADA teacher since the subject was turned into "Dark Arts" :tongue:

I agree that these two are background fodder at best and in no way worthy of CMF spots. Just throw them in as Death Eaters in a DH set :grin:

34 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Correct, Alecto taught Muggle Studies while Amycus taught Dark Arts. Technically, neither of them was a DADA teacher since the subject was turned into "Dark Arts" :tongue:

I agree that these two are background fodder at best and in no way worthy of CMF spots. Just throw them in as Death Eaters in a DH set :grin:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about how things changed in Deathly Hallows. I do feel like Deathly Hallows-exclusive minifigs would be scarce, though, so it would make more sense for them to populate sets rather than a CMF

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don’t care how they come as long as we finally get that Lego Ralph Ineson (Amycus Carrow) minifigure ?

Here they are selling the astronomy tower for ×1.25 of other 100€ sets. It's ridiculous how official lego stores can just change the prices however they like. 

It's even worse on other retailers. I bought the hidden side castle for 600₺ and astronomy was 1200₺ there. The set isn't even hard to find yet. 

Edited by Mizyaz

I do sincerely hope we get the Carrows and DH sets. We need a lot more Death Eaters and they’re perfect. There are a lot of characters we need out of Battle of Hogwarts sets honestly

Well, LEGO Australia has officially missed their due date for the Burrow and Student packs by 3 weeks now! :pir-angry:

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I do sincerely hope we get the Carrows and DH sets. We need a lot more Death Eaters and they’re perfect. There are a lot of characters we need out of Battle of Hogwarts sets honestly

While I agree that we need more Death Eaters, I'd rather they release some OotP/HBP style ones instead of the ones seen at the Battle of Hogwarts. I know it's symbolic that they don't have to hide their faces any more after the fall of the Ministry early-on in DH Part 1, but I still prefer generic Death Eaters to wear their iconic masks. Fingers crossed for a Battle of the Seven Potters set which marks the final appearance of the masked ones :classic: Out of the unmasked ones, I only really want a Yaxley minifig

19 hours ago, Brick Guru said:

Sorry, are you talking about the Cornish Pixies? You didn't say the name specifically but that's what I assumed.

Yes sorry, I quoted sebastian666 but the text all disappeared when I was just trimming it down. This thread grows so quick I can’t keep up ?

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I agree that we need more Death Eaters, I'd rather they release some OotP/HBP style ones instead of the ones seen at the Battle of Hogwarts. I know it's symbolic that they don't have to hide their faces any more after the fall of the Ministry early-on in DH Part 1, but I still prefer generic Death Eaters to wear their iconic masks. Fingers crossed for a Battle of the Seven Potters set which marks the final appearance of the masked ones :classic: Out of the unmasked ones, I only really want a Yaxley minifig

Yaxley is very high on my list as well

If we’re talking about DH sets - I’ve always liked the idea of a Shell Cottage set. It’s quite an iconic location for the final two films. Plus, where else would we get a Bill figure? Unless they do an add-on to the Burrow for the wedding.

Just now, SuperChris said:

If we’re talking about DH sets - I’ve always liked the idea of a Shell Cottage set. It’s quite an iconic location for the final two films. Plus, where else would we get a Bill figure? Unless they do an add-on to the Burrow for the wedding.

Battle of the 7 Potters, Wedding set (as you mentioned), Battle of Hogwarts battle pack (like the Star Wars ones with small side builds and 4-5 characters), whilst I would love to get Shell Cottage (and the Lovegood house, Malfoy Manor and Potter house in Godric’s Hollow) there are plenty of other sets for Bill to come in

I’m really excited at the prospect of getting some real Deathly Hallows sets. There’s lots of interesting things they could do, and personally I hope they make Xenophilius Lovegood’s house and Shell Cottage eventually (maybe not next year). A wedding set might be a nice addition to the Burrow as well, if it’s around $50 they could include the tent and features to set it on fire, and minifigures could be the trio in their party wear, Bill, Fleur, and a Death Eater. I also think a small $20 set with the tent that the trio camps in would be perfect. Deathly Hallows obviously has a lot of non-magical locations, though, so I’m unsure of how many sets LEGO would make. I highly doubt we’ll get multiple houses in a wave and if I had to pick one I’d rather have Harry’s home in Godric’s Hollow before the others (except maybe Malfoy Manor). 

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I also think a small $20 set with the tent that the trio camps in would be perfect. 

I'd rather see it at a $30 pricepoint just so they can include some Snatchers (I'd really like to get Scabior)

What if in a year or two we get Bill’s Wedding but it is in the form of an Advent Callander?

If you put aside the obvious detachment from ‘Christmas’ I think it could suit the style of an AC well: a few exclusive figures such as Bill and Flur (she can use the extra large dress mould from the CMF Queen) and some repeats of existing figures such as Harry in a suit & a generic Death Eater for example. 
The small builds can be the party accessories such as a big wedding cake, lanterns, and food tables, something burning etc 

Some of the highly demanded figures such as Xenophilius Lovegood in his wedding outfit could be in a CMF

Edited by Bugbot20082

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd rather see it at a $30 pricepoint just so they can include some Snatchers (I'd really like to get Scabior)

Actually, I think Scabior's one of the more likely villain characters to receive the minifig treatment next year. He is visually distinctive, has quite a bit of screen time, more so than Greyback (who works for him in the films rather than vice versa as in the book), and he has the advantage of appearing in multiple scenes across both parts. Other bad guys like Yaxley for instance only appear in one or two specific scenes or locations. Not that a lack of scene-accuracy would ever stop TLG, but still :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup! I really want Scabior

I love the Deathly Hallows films but, as much as I am looking forward to a few potential DH sets (Malfoy Manor, the Escape from Gringotts, the Battle of Hogwarts), I don’t think that LEGO is planning to base the entire 2021 series of sets on these films.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that we’re going to see sets like Bill and Fleur’s wedding, Shell Cottage, the Lovegood home, or the Forest of Dean anytime soon.

I think the more likely situation is that the 2021 release features 3-4 Deathly Hallows sets, 1-2 Fantastic Beasts III sets, and 1-2 sets that we are missing from the first films (Troll in the Dungeon, Fluffy and the Tasks, the Chamber of Secrets). And an Advent Calendar that will probably be HBP focused. I hope the AC is based on Hogsmeade, but it will probably be either a Weasley Christmas or a Slug Club Christmas Party expansion.

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I think the more likely situation is that the 2021 release features 3-4 Deathly Hallows sets, 1-2 Fantastic Beasts III sets, and 1-2 sets that we are missing from the first films (Troll in the Dungeon, Fluffy and the Tasks, the Chamber of Secrets). And an Advent Calendar that will probably be HBP focused. I hope the AC is based on Hogsmeade, but it will probably be either a Weasley Christmas or a Slug Club Christmas Party expansion.

Just because they haven’t announced another delay for FB3 yet doesn’t mean it’s still on track for next year, so we might not have Fantastic Beasts sets taking up potential Harry Potter slots. Even if the movie does still come out I doubt it will take away Harry Potter slots now that the rebooted theme has more than proven its  staying power outside of movie hype. 

I do agree that we’ll probably get at least one throwback set next year, since it will be the 20th anniversary of the first movie/first Harry Potter Lego wave. They might not oversell it like they did the Star Wars anniversary sets, but they'd be foolish not to take advantage of the nostalgia trip by recreating Fluffy (Harry Potter also has the advantage in that the original sets came out at the same time as the movies, so Lego and Warner Bros. would be promoting anniversary stuff at the same time, as opposed to last year’s Star Wars thing). 

As for advent calendars - I realize kingnono was wrong about getting an OotP advent calendar this year, but I see no reason why we shouldn’t get one next year. OotP comes after GoF chronologically after all. 

Hay guys since you liked my floor plan for a complete film-accurate courtyard I have made an attempt for the Quad also:

Lego Hogwarts: The Quad Floorplan Concept

It uses the main section of the ‘Clock Tower’ (top) and the Great Hall (bottom left), both unmodified. As before the red sections are those you can MOC/MOD, or might hopefully be future sets.

This was hard to do at first due to the lack of information, and I wanted to replicate the shape as acutely as possible using the existing pin locations, so my proposal leaves out the tower with Dumbledore’s office, as well as simplifies the Way the Clock Tower merges with the Quad by removing the overpass.

I have made a LDD a proposal for the ‘lookout Tower’ (the bottom section) which I will hopefully post pics of during the week :)

I just managed to place an order for The Burrow this morning on Lego Shop at Home Aus, still no student pack up but considering I wanted to do a Bricks & Pieces order I am over the moon! Get in quick my fellow Aussies.

From 1414FalconFan: reminding us that the Harry Potter CMF series 1 was revealed on the last Wednesday in June 2018...

30 minutes ago, PotterMinifigPals said:

I just managed to place an order for The Burrow this morning on Lego Shop at Home Aus, still no student pack up but considering I wanted to do a Bricks & Pieces order I am over the moon! Get in quick my fellow Aussies.

Thanks I ordered it. Still really bummed I got a crappy micro lambourghini or whatever it was instead of the Cool Hot Rod with 2 minifigures! :'( Guess student pack will have to wait to be ordered with the D2C now, as postage on it's own is 50% of the student packs cost. Lol.

7 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

From 1414FalconFan: reminding us that the Harry Potter CMF series 1 was revealed on the last Wednesday in June 2018...

I wonder if that's just some speculation or if it really means something ?