Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Why do people keep saying some of the shops don't need more than 1 or 2 floors? Even if they didn't give a shop like Ollivanders 3 floors the exterior would still need to be as tall for it to be accurate (which we know is important to the designers), might as well make use of that extra space then.

Edited by Guyon2002

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why do people keep saying some of the shops don't need more than 1 or 2 floors? Even if they didn't give a shop like Ollivanders 3 floors the exterior would still need to be as tall for it to be accurate (which we know is important to the designers), might as well make use of that extra space then.

I don’t think the buildings need to be that much taller than in the 2011 version :classic: I’d rather they include 6 buildings roughly the same size as the previous ones instead of, say only 4 taller buildings :shrug_oh_well:

35 minutes ago, Yope said:

It would be great if Lego could combine the last two into one building like a small scale version of the modular bookshop set as neither need much interior and we never see inside in the films.

I suggested earlier that several of the shops could have the possibility to build one of two shops, similar to the barracuda bay set but in smaller scale. If that is the case it will probably cost me a lot of money since I most likely will buy 2 sets to get all the shops :tongue:

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I do not think the most important question is how many floor the buildings have, but if they are closed builds or mostly facade. Closed ones like the modulars would use almost twice the number of bricks than the facade option and would limit the number of buildings a lot..

If they make them narrow (like most of them are in the movie) they will appear higher even if they only have 2 floors :wink:

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I do not think the most important question is how many floor the buildings have, but if they are closed builds or mostly facade. Closed ones like the modulars would use almost twice the number of bricks than the facade option and would limit the number of buildings a lot..

If they make them narrow (like most of them are in the movie) they will appear higher even if they only have 2 floors :wink:

I hope it'll be like the GWP, basically a long line of facades with the interiors in the back (only in this case it wouldn't just be WWW and Gringotts with an interior)

Anyone else think there's a good chance that the winking owl from the City Forest Fire set will be reused in Diagon Alley?  I was going to order it on Bricks and Pieces, but I figured, "What the heck?  I might as well just wait a few months to see if it shows up in the HP line."

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Anyone else think there's a good chance that the winking owl from the City Forest Fire set will be reused in Diagon Alley?  I was going to order it on Bricks and Pieces, but I figured, "What the heck?  I might as well just wait a few months to see if it shows up in the HP line."

It's not really winking though, it's a reaction to the smoke coming from the burning tree :laugh: Still, I wouldn't object to it being included in the set

53 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

If I were you I would buy it now on B&P, it may show up in the DA later however is it one thing the new line of HP sets are missing it is owls. Yes we got a new flying one this year and the brown is back, but if they wanted to include it they would have already done it maybe :shrug_oh_well: Still the old grey one is missing and Cho's from the CMF so I would be very pleasantly surprised if they all are in the DA to put it that way :tongue:

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s annoying that we haven’t seen the full contents of the HP Advent Calendar but we have for Star Wars 

know... I expect the three remaining advent calendars will all be revealed together and that should happen any time now because the Star Wars one was just put up on the Shop at Home website, but the wait is a drag. I want to see those exclusive figures. 

I still hope that both Patil twins are included in the calendar :look: They're not identical twins in the films, so buying a second copy of the head won't do and there's no way we'd ever get the other twin's Yule Ball dress in any other set, unless there's a third CMF series coming in 2022 :tongue: 

On 6/17/2020 at 5:05 PM, sebastian666 said:

“Talk of a mandrake baby mold has got me thinking more and more about the possible Cornish pixie element we could be getting in the CMF series if we get Professor Lockhart. What do folks think this element will look like? A baby mold with wings? An entirely new mold? A brick build? Personally, I’m hoping for a new mold. I want loads of these little blue suckers to fill the MOC Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom I’m working on.”

Some concepts I have seen base it on the trophy/microfigure, personally would wish for a single new mould more like the style of Baby Groot: having hands which can attach to clips so we can construct acts of mischief of them carrying off things including students!

An anti-stud in the bottom would be standard thing to do, but considering they are more often flying than not  I would love instead a hidden anti-stud with a central pin hole on the back so we can attach clear rods

the wings could be duel moulded or more likely painted to save cost 

Edited by Bugbot20082

3 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Some concepts I have seen base it on the trophy/microfigure, personally would wish for a single new mould more like the style of Baby Groot: having hands which can attach to clips so we can construct acts of mischief of them carrying off things including students!

An anti-stud in the bottom would be standard thing to do, but considering they are more often flying than not  I would love instead a hidden anti-stud with a central pin hole on the back so we can attach clear rods

the wings could be duel moulded or more likely painted to save cost 

Sorry, are you talking about the Cornish Pixies? You didn't say the name specifically but that's what I assumed.

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I still hope that both Patil twins are included in the calendar :look: They're not identical twins in the films, so buying a second copy of the head won't do and there's no way we'd ever get the other twin's Yule Ball dress in any other set, unless there's a third CMF series coming in 2022 :tongue: 

They look similar enough that I would be perfectly happy if they both used the same head. If it only comes with one twin I will be very disappointed with the stupidity involved in that decision

Oh man, I’m suddenly excited to see if Lego is going to attempt the all the slants and “uneveness” of Diagon Alley.

Just now, joeee said:

Oh man, I’m suddenly excited to see if Lego is going to attempt the all the slants and “uneveness” of Diagon Alley.

Well, they did for the Burrow, so I feel like not doing it for Diagon Alley would be lazy

5 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Well, they did for the Burrow, so I feel like not doing it for Diagon Alley would be lazy

At least in the Universal Studios the street is pretty much flat so not doing it wouldn't necessarily be LEGO being lazy

A Tour of Harry Potter's Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando

28 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They look similar enough that I would be perfectly happy if they both used the same head. If it only comes with one twin I will be very disappointed with the stupidity involved in that decision

I remember getting a bit sick of getting four flags in the past one... imagine if the obligatory meh/repetitive advent calendar gift was minifigures ?

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least in the Universal Studios the street is pretty much flat so not doing it wouldn't necessarily be LEGO being lazy

That's true, but I kinda feel like it looks more uneven in the films

22 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I live in hope that we'll get all of the Wesley's except Charlie (as he wasn't in the films) in minifigure form at some point.

Technically Charlie was in the movie very briefly. He was in the moving picture of the entire Weasley family in Egypt.

2 minutes ago, Salix said:

Technically Charlie was in the movie very briefly. He was in the moving picture of the entire Weasley family in Egypt.

And he was shown briefly in DH Pt 1, during the wedding, and was in several background scenes during the afformentioned scene.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:53 PM, TheRandomBlocker said:

Lmao, you knew exactly what to do to save disappointment ??, shame, but meh, wouldn’t buy them sets anyway ?,

based on the quality of current Lego figures what is a character that you either want to see remade that hasn’t been done in the 2018-2020 theme, or an entirely new character that everyone wants to see as a figure for the first time?

mine has to be Kreacher for entirely new character because I’d love to see how they do his face, or James/Lily Potter as they’ve never been done before and are quite literally the reason the main character exists ?

for a character that I want remade, I really really want to see the Weasley twins (which I think I’ve said like 500 times now ??)

A lot of first timers are being made in the CMF, so I’m happy in that category. 

I have Lockhart on top of remake list. His print will be fantastic & he’s the only DADA teacher left.

2 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

A lot of first timers are being made in the CMF, so I’m happy in that category. 

I have Lockhart on top of remake list. His print will be fantastic & he’s the only DADA teacher left.

Don't forget the Carrows. Those two are ones I can definitely see coming up if they do a third CMF

39 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Don't forget the Carrows. Those two are ones I can definitely see coming up if they do a third CMF

I don’t think the Carrows are CMF material. They barely feature in the books and people who’d only seen the movies could probably be forgiven for not recognizing them immediately. Plus they wear plain black robes. I think if we get them it’s much more likely to be in a Battle of Hogwarts set or a Death Eater battle pack (gotta give our heroes some evil hordes to fight). Save the potential CMF budget for characters and variations that actually need the extra printing and mold budget. :sweet: