Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thanks! Good memory ? With any luck we may get some figure parts leaked in the next couple of weeks. ?

Hard to say, I personally haven’t seen much in the way of physical leaks since the pandemic started. 
I’m just waiting for the full images of the advent calendar to drop, now that the Star Wars one has been revealed. 

20 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Hard to say, I personally haven’t seen much in the way of physical leaks since the pandemic started. 

A couple of Marvel minifigs and the Mario figure have leaked recently, but that’s about it. I wouldn’t count on DA-related factory leaks anytime soon, they’re notoriously unreliable when it comes to D2Cs :shrug_oh_well: 

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A couple of Marvel minifigs and the Mario figure have leaked recently, but that’s about it. I wouldn’t count on DA-related factory leaks anytime soon, they’re notoriously unreliable when it comes to D2Cs :shrug_oh_well: 

Excuse me, “Mario figure”? I know this isn’t the Mario thread so if anyone who knows could kindly dm me either a link or an image (or just say in here that it isn’t what I think to save any disappointments ??)

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

(or just say in here that it isn’t what I think to save any disappointments ??)

It’s not a Mario minifigure if that’s what you’re thinking—just the Mario electronic figure that’s meant to be used with the Super Mario sets coming out

3 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

It’s not a Mario minifigure if that’s what you’re thinking—just the Mario electronic figure that’s meant to be used with the Super Mario sets coming out

Lmao, you knew exactly what to do to save disappointment ??, shame, but meh, wouldn’t buy them sets anyway ?,

based on the quality of current Lego figures what is a character that you either want to see remade that hasn’t been done in the 2018-2020 theme, or an entirely new character that everyone wants to see as a figure for the first time?

mine has to be Kreacher for entirely new character because I’d love to see how they do his face, or James/Lily Potter as they’ve never been done before and are quite literally the reason the main character exists ?

for a character that I want remade, I really really want to see the Weasley twins (which I think I’ve said like 500 times now ??)

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

based on the quality of current Lego figures what is a character that you either want to see remade that hasn’t been done in the 2018-2020 theme, or an entirely new character that everyone wants to see as a figure for the first time?

Remade: Lockhart, the Weasley twins (as you said), Lucius & Narcissa Malfoy, Crabbe & Goyle

New: Rita Skeeter and a lot more I don't remember right now ?

Just now, 8fifty said:

Remade: Lockhart, the Weasley twins (as you said), Lucius & Narcissa Malfoy, Crabbe & Goyle

Can’t believe I didn’t think of Lockhart or C/G and definitely the Malfoys, I guess I’m just too annoyed at the lack of Weasley twins ??

14 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

at the lack of Weasley twins ??

A little bit patient you have to be :yoda:

I'm pretty sure they will show up in DA but yeah, for the moment, they aren't present ?

Just now, 8fifty said:

A little bit patient you have to be :yoda:

I'm pretty sure they will show up in DA but yeah, for the moment, they aren't present ?

Whilst I’m sure they will be, the versions I want won’t be, I much prefer the twins when they’re at Hogwarts as that is when they’re at their best, they could be based on 1, 2, 3 or 5 and I would be happy, I just want them in their uniform, obviously if we get them in DA I could just buy a duplicate head of each (we best get different face prints for them both instead of exactly the same like last time) and put them on Gryffindor uniforms

Just watching Jeremy Herbert’s Barracuda Bay review and it comes with some metallic gold bars (the actual gold bar pieces in metallic) I wonder if the D2C does include Gringotts (no doubt it will) if it’ll include some of those as well as some other metallic gold elements as coins (I don’t like the old Lego coins because they don’t look like Lego and can’t fit in Lego hands)

35 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’m really *really* hoping we’ll see an OotP Tonks in the CMF, and an OotP Sirius Black somewhere down the line. Also wanna see Bill Weasley, and maybe even Dragomir Despard (Ron’s Gringotts disguise) as a minifigure :roflmao:

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

I’m really *really* hoping we’ll see an OotP Tonks in the CMF, and an OotP Sirius Black somewhere down the line. Also wanna see Bill Weasley, and maybe even Dragomir Despard (Ron’s Gringotts disguise) as a minifigure :roflmao:

I’m not putting any hope into getting Tonks in the CMF because it came from an untrustworthy source, but I too would love that, even if she’s not in the CMF I can see both OotP Sirius and Tonks coming later down the line, Bill will no doubtedly come in either a 7 Potters set or a Weasley wedding set, and I reckon Ron’s disguise (don’t forget these are based on the films in which it’s just Ron with longer hair and a beard) will be a CMF figure because unless he comes in the D2C with Gringotts there isn’t really a set for him to come in

45 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There’s only a handful of characters left from the first theme that haven’t been remade yet (I don’t think it even gets up into the double digits). Personally what I’d love is a proper Werewolf Lupin and Padfoot. 

The figure I’d like to see for the first time is definitely OotP Tonks. 

I’m not putting any hope into getting Tonks in the CMF because it came from an untrustworthy source, but I too would love that

Kingnono actually never said we’d get OotP Tonks. He claimed we’d get at least 2 characters from each house in the CMF, and Tonks was just the most popular choice for a second Hufflepuff alongside Professor Sprout. And the two from each house thing isn’t a bad guess, since Lego made sure each house had at least two representatives in series 1. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Kingnono actually never said we’d get OotP Tonks. He claimed we’d get at least 2 characters from each house in the CMF, and Tonks was just the most popular choice for a second Hufflepuff alongside Professor Sprout. And the two from each house thing isn’t a bad guess, since Lego made sure each house had at least two representatives in series 1. 

Whilst the unreliable source never stated we were getting that figure, the conversation started because of them, so I’m still classing it as information from an unreliable source, and I don’t think we can base things for Series 2 on what happened in series 1, because for all we know the unreliable source may have said that because of series 1, either way, I’m still ignoring any conversation that has stemmed from anything they said until I see all the figures officially

Whilst the unreliable source never stated we were getting that figure, the conversation started because of them, so I’m still classing it as information from an unreliable source, and I don’t think we can base things for Series 2 on what happened in series 1, because for all we know the unreliable source may have said that because of series 1, either way, I’m still ignoring any conversation that has stemmed from anything they said until I see all the figures officially

Just because kingnono took popular speculation (quite possibly from this very thread) and tried to pass it off as fact doesn’t mean that that speculation doesn’t still hold weight in a discussion. I’d still be discussing potential CMF characters even if kingnono had never said anything, and I’m not going to let his trolling spoil my preferred pastime while waiting for the sets to release in my area. 

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst the unreliable source never stated we were getting that figure,

53 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’d still be discussing potential CMF characters even if kingnono had never said anything,

I do apologize for seeming to spark this debate, I would’ve been hoping for Tonks in the CMF regardless of the disproven leaker, and even though he has been disproven, I didn’t see any harm in still hoping for that figure, especially since, in my eyes, she would make a perfect CMF candidate, but that’s just me :shrug_oh_well:

12 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I do apologize for seeming to spark this debate, I would’ve been hoping for Tonks in the CMF regardless of the disproven leaker, and even though he has been disproven, I didn’t see any harm in still hoping for that figure, especially since, in my eyes, she would make a perfect CMF candidate, but that’s just me :shrug_oh_well:

I agree, it would be marvelous. I’m still unsure they would put her in the CMF and devalue The Burrow like that. Some people aren’t as into collecting every version of any character, some people just need one version to be satisfied. Personally, I want every possible variant of every character that appears on screen (obviously I know that’s unrealistic)

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’d love to get a proper werewolf Lupin with a new wolf head mold and the faun legs in light gray. I don’t think we’ll get him in the upcoming CMF series, but I’m holding out hope in the possible D2C Hogsmeade or a separate Shrieking Shack set. I’d also love a creature battle pack of the young Marauders (Lupin, Pettigrew, Sirius, and James) with their animagus forms (Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs). 

In terms of entirely new characters, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the OotP Tonks in the new CMF series, but I’d also love to see Firenze, Cormac McClaggen in his beaters uniform, and more random witches and wizards with weird little hats and outfits like Doris Crockford and Daedalus Diggle. My number one spot is still reserved for the unfortunate unicorn that crossed paths with Voldy in the Forbidden Forest :laugh:

So earlier I put my guesses for what the buildings could be and the books they're based off for DA.

Now I'm going to put a list of minifigures I think would appear (? for those I'm less confident on their inclusion):

PS: (1 or 2) Gringotts Golblins, Garrick Ollivander, Hagrid(?).

CS: Gilderoy Lockhart, Percy Weasley, Lucius Malfoy(?).

PoA: Tom the Inkeeper(?).

HBP: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George.

I live in hope that we'll get all of the Wesley's except Charlie (as he wasn't in the films) in minifigure form at some point.

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Just buy them on Brickshop

Not everyone can afford to pay the extra money to have the sets shipped overseas. I’ve also got a gift card that will cover most of the sets, which means I just have to exercise patience until they’re released in the US. :classic:

1 hour ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I’ve always thought her the perfect candidate for a CMF as well. Tonks is a character whose design begs to be done with all the bells and whistles - alternate faces, multiple hairpieces in different colors, and dual molded legs with printing to look like her long coats like we saw multiple examples of back in series 1. 

11 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Its only like $20 more tho.

But suffer if you want:laugh:

The Lego store gift card I’ve got from my birthday is a big incentive. And the spotty quality of the local delivery services is a bit of a deterrent for mail ordering anything particularly large. After you’ve gotten two broken shelving units in a row and decided to cobble together the unbroken pieces into the shelves you wanted instead of calling the supplier to send out another unit to be broken, you learn to pick up anything you really care about from the store. :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree, it would be marvelous. I’m still unsure they would put her in the CMF and devalue The Burrow like that. Some people aren’t as into collecting every version of any character, some people just need one version to be satisfied. Personally, I want every possible variant of every character that appears on screen (obviously I know that’s unrealistic)

I don’t think anyone’s buying the Burrow just for one minifig :wink: Sure, it’s an incentive, but that particular version of Tonks will stay exclusive to that set no matter what and even if she wasn’t going to, the set still has a lot going for it, be it minifig-wise, the gorgeous build itself or just the fact it replaces one of the most sought-after sets from the 2010 line-up.

8 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Excuse me, “Mario figure”?

There’s a reason I said “figure” instead of “minifig”, but I apologise if I inadvertently got your hopes up :blush:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I think (hope) we’ll get at least 6 buildings in DA. It’s surely more than double the size of the previous set and if we think of it as four astronomy towers then I can only see two buildings that could possibly be that size (Gringotts and WWW). And none of the other buildings need to be more than two floors.

In order of likelihood I think we’ll get:  Gringotts, WWW, Ollivanders, Leaky Cauldron, Borgin and Burkes, Flourish and Blotts, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Madam Malkins.

It would be great if Lego could combine the last two into one building like a small scale version of the modular bookshop set as neither need much interior and we never see inside in the films.

As for mini figures I feel people are a tad pessimistic about how many we’ll get. Given that the previous set contained 11 (plus a skeleton), I think for the extra £200+ we could expect at least say 5 more.

I would hope for: Bogrod, Griphook, Fred, George, Ollivander, Tom the Barman, Borgin, Lockhart, Lucius, Percy, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Mundungus, Bellatrix.

Pretty sure I could die happy if we got all that!

Edited by Yope

4 minutes ago, Yope said:

I think (hope) we’ll get at least 6 buildings in DA. It’s surely more than double the size of the previous set [...]

Don’t forget to account for inflation :wink: The 2011 set, which was 150$ back in the day, would probably sell for 180-200$ nowadays, so I’d expect the new one to be roughly double the size.

7 minutes ago, Yope said:

In order of likelihood I think we’ll get:  Gringotts, WWW, Ollivanders, Leaky Cauldron, Borgin and Burkes, Flourish and Blotts, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Madam Malkins.

I’d say F&B is more likely than both the LC and B&B and I’d put Ollivander’s above WWW, but I agree with the rest :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Yope said:

I would hope for: Bogrod, Griphook, Fred, George, Ollivander, Tom the Barman, Borgin, Lockhart, Lucius, Percy, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Mundungus, Bellatrix.

That’d be amazing :wub_drool: