Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I'd rather have less minifigs overall if the ones we do get are exclusive versions or new characters altogether

I’m 100% the same, I’m very minifigure oriented when it comes to sets, like I love getting lots of minifigures, but I’d rather get 3 exclusive figures in a set over 5 repeats (obviously I mean in general, not for the D2C)

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The modular bookshop will not affect any shops in the DA. I hope/guess it is not the same scale as the modular since we only will get 3 buildings then. DA has a lot of small shops more in the scale with the first winter Village sets :classic:

Thanks so much for replying to me :) That's good to hear; excluding Flourish & Blotts would be a shame given the potential for a nice interior and great figures.

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yeah I agree. Anything bigger than the newer Winter Village sets (and certainly the size of the Modulare) would be too out of proportion with the rest of the HP line for me... and I feel we wouldn’t gain much out of it. There’s only so much they can fill a shop with, and I feel we’d just have loads of empty space. They would also be very hard to display (I’m already struggling to find a home just for the Great Hall lol).

Also hello and welcome @Nina I know diddly squat about the inner workings of Lego too so you’re not alone ?

Thanks, that's kind of you to say :) I agree with both of you that large buildings wouldn't be ideal. I only mentioned the modular because I'm curious which of the shops in Diagon Alley could appeal to AFOLs that aren't fans of this theme. Most Harry Potter fans are millennials or younger and we don't tend to have tons of disposable income; my hunch is that most AFOLs that could afford the set are Gen X and are perhaps less interested in buildings that only make sense in a magical world (but I might be totally wrong!)

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Thank you! Finally a new member on team owl :grin:

Haha, yes definitely Team Owl :) There could never be too many owls anyway, but if there are new prints (like sleeping owls), colours (all shades of brown, grey, tan), or even moulds (like baby owls) I'm sure everyone would be over the moon. Not that I think that any of these wishes are realistic...

3 minutes ago, Nina said:

Thanks, that's kind of you to say :) I agree with both of you that large buildings wouldn't be ideal. I only mentioned the modular because I'm curious which of the shops in Diagon Alley could appeal to AFOLs that aren't fans of this theme. Most Harry Potter fans are millennials or younger and we don't tend to have tons of disposable income; my hunch is that most AFOLs that could afford the set are Gen X and are perhaps less interested in buildings that only make sense in a magical world (but I might be totally wrong!)

HP fans comes in every age :tongue:

It depends on how they make it, but they could be perfect for a medieval castle theme, fit with pirates or city. Some people buy sets that are good looking or have interesting build techniques regardless of theme or if it have a lot of interesting parts MOC builder will buy it, some buy all the biggest sets etc:shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Nina said:

Haha, yes definitely Team Owl :) There could never be too many owls anyway, but if there are new prints (like sleeping owls), colours (all shades of brown, grey, tan), or even moulds (like baby owls) I'm sure everyone would be over the moon. Not that I think that any of these wishes are realistic...

While I would love for the Owl Emporium to be included, I think it’s quite low in the list of priorities since we don’t see its interior in the films. To me, Ollivander’s, Gringotts and WWW are mandatory inclusions. Flourish & Blotts is very likely since it’s prominently featured in CoS. The Leaky Cauldron is also featured multiple times and importantly marks the official entry to DA, making it pretty likely to be represented in the set in some way, even if it’s just the wall. All of the remaining shops are equally (un-)likely in my eyes, given their lack of screen time :laugh: Don’t get me wrong, I’m not biased against any of these shops, I just don’t want them to take a spot of one of the more prominent ones :tongue: 

Also, there’s no potentially interesting minifigs attached to any of them, unlike F&B (Lucius, Lockhart) or the LC (Dedalus Diggle, Tom)

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I would love for the Owl Emporium to be included, I think it’s quite low in the list of priorities since we don’t see its interior in the films. To me, Ollivander’s, Gringotts and WWW are mandatory inclusions. Flourish & Blotts is very likely since it’s prominently featured in CoS. The Leaky Cauldron is also featured multiple times and importantly marks the official entry to DA, making it pretty likely to be represented in the set in some way, even if it’s just the wall. All of the remaining shops are equally (un-)likely in my eyes, given their lack of screen time :laugh: Don’t get me wrong, I’m not biased against any of these shops, I just don’t want them to take a spot of one of the more prominent ones :tongue: 

Also, there’s no potentially interesting minifigs attached to any of them, unlike F&B (Lucius, Lockhart) or the LC (Dedalus Diggle, Tom)

I'd be okay if they just did a little stand for the Owl Emporium instead of a full store.

6 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

I'd be okay if they just did a little stand for the Owl Emporium instead of a full store.

You mean like they did last time? That’s actually a good idea :thumbup:

4 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Potentially stupid question, but year 1, did the CMF release with the main wave of sets? I’m sure I remember buying the box to be delivered to my work when I was in London on release day, but I’m not sure if that was me pre-ordering the box or actually buying it, not sure if I’m mistaken or not ?

As far as I remember, they didn't. The main wave came out in June or July and the CMF came to the brand stores in August while the retailers got them in September ?

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hagrid is almost guaranteed in the set as well..

Am I the only one who is not really able to make use of Hagrid? Don't get me wrong, he's a great character but his minifigure is not that useful. And I already have multiples of him ?

Just now, 8fifty said:

Am I the only one who is not really able to make use of Hagrid? Don't get me wrong, he's a great character but his minifigure is not that useful. And I already have multiples of him ?

You could use him as a Hagrid? ?

Just now, 8fifty said:

As far as I remember, they didn't. The main wave came out in June or July and the CMF came to the brand stores in August while the retailers got them in September ?

Yep, the sets came out later in the UK (I was in London August 1st), so I must’ve ordered it off eBay and then had them delivered to my work to pick up shortly after, I remember now, mucho gracias

5 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I agree, I have 3 of the normal ones and 1 of the Yule Ball version (I have 2 Great Halls). I was able to use a duplicate beard on a custom character in my TLM2 display (as it's a lot of hair and the character is called 'Hairy Harry') but other than that the rest of his pieces were pretty useless. 

I mean let's be real, The DA set will most likely be a larger version of the microscale 2018 set, ya? 5 stores aligned similarly to a modular set.

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

I mean let's be real, The DA set will most likely be a larger version of the microscale 2018 set, ya? 5 stores aligned similarly to a modular set.

I don’t see any reason to think that, Hogwarts castle isn’t a smaller version of the combined Hogwarts sets

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t see any reason to think that, Hogwarts castle isn’t a smaller version of the combined Hogwarts sets

True, which reminds me, I wish they would make a microscale Hogwarts similar to DA that covers the entire castle grounds. 

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

What’s the alternative though? A couple of free standing, unconnected buildings like in the 2011 set won’t do this time, the cobblestone pavement is an integral part of DA :tongue:

@Modal: 71043 already is microscale, what you’re suggesting would be nanoscale or even smaller than that :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There’s a difference between a single gwp and multiple full sized sets. And there’s a precedent for Lego doing a subject as a microscale gwp and then a few years later doing it as a large scale D2C. 

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

And there’s a precedent for Lego doing a subject as a microscale gwp and then a few years later doing it as a large scale D2C. 

Which set was it? I went through my mental GWP list and couldn’t find it :laugh: There are quite a few examples of the opposite coming to mind however

Edited by Lego-Freak

25 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

There’s a difference between a single gwp and multiple full sized sets. And there’s a precedent for Lego doing a subject as a microscale gwp and then a few years later doing it as a large scale D2C. 

Whilst it’s possible, I’m still skeptical, BUT, I think it’s best to be skeptical about everything until we see something solid so we don’t end up disappointed, I personally would prefer it to be a larger version of the GWP because at least then it’s all connected and can be displayed easier, I would love to get the external cobbles because as @Lego-Freak “the cobblestone pavement is an integral part of DA” which it is, it makes Diagon Alley what it is, can’t wait to see it and all this talk of minifigures is hyping me up for this set and the CMF (hopefully we see stuff soon enough)

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which set was it? I went through my mental GWP list and couldn’t find it :laugh: There are quite a few examples of the opposite coming to mind however

I don’t have an encyclopedic knowledge of GWPs, but the first example that comes to mind is the London Bus. There was a microscale version put out as a GWP a year or so before the large Creator one came out. I remember because I was searching for leaked images and all I could find were pics of the GWP. 

Is there any chance for Lucius Malfoy in HP CMF 2?

P.S. Just built forbidden forest Umbridge set 75967 and i highly recommend it,its amazing.

33 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

I'd say he'd be more likely to be in the DA set, but either way I think we'll see him this year.

37 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

There definetely is but he has a higher chance of popping up in DA

EDIT: ninja'd

Edited by Guyon2002

Speaking of seeing things, the press release for 71043 Hogwarts Castle was released on 25th July 2018 and the set was released for VIPs on 15th August and 1st September for the general public. I know we'd had leaks of the nanofigs before the press release though, although I can't remember how long before (at least a couple of weeks I think, but that's just guessing). Going on that schedule, we may have over a month to wait to hear officially of DA - I think I might go mad waiting!

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Speaking of seeing things, the press release for 71043 Hogwarts Castle was released on 25th July 2018 and the set was released for VIPs on 15th August and 1st September for the general public. I know we'd had leaks of the nanofigs before the press release though, although I can't remember how long before (at least a couple of weeks I think, but that's just guessing). Going on that schedule, we may have over a month to wait to hear officially of DA - I think I might go mad waiting!

I remember the nano-figs leaking at the end of June 2018 - a few days before the CMF (27th June 2018)

9 minutes ago, SuperChris said:

I remember the nano-figs leaking at the end of June 2018 - a few days before the CMF (27th June 2018)

Thanks! Good memory ? With any luck we may get some figure parts leaked in the next couple of weeks. ?