Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I do not agree :wink:
I think the random buyer do not care if Harry has short legs and Fred and George is included with WWW, after all the first D2C DA came with Ollivanders and F/G :shrug_oh_well: I see no reason why they can not include different figs from different years in a huge set like that without adding Harry for every year to go with them. My guess/hope is that it is one Harry with short legs to recreate the first time he came to DA since that is the most iconic moment when he got to see the wizarding world for the first time. When he is there later he is just basically running around shopping, it is fun, but not nearly as magical as the first time.. I think we will get most figs from year 1 and 2 and some "spice" like F/G from later years. It is of course possible that we only get 5 unique figs and 5 figs in several different ages on the other hand we still might end up with 4 figs standing in front of a micro-scale DA like last time :tongue:

Basing predictions for this year’s Diagon Alley off the composition of the 2011 one is a flawed plan in my opinion. The 2010-11 waves were not nearly as devoted to screen accuracy as the current theme (just look at the 2011 Ollivander’s for proof). They also used the same Harry design for all his years in Hogwarts back then, as opposed to the gradual aging up they’ve done with the students in the current theme, which means you can’t use the same minifigure for first year and sixth year scenes like they did back then. I know some people are loath to accept it, but there is precedent for including more than one version of a character in a D2C, and there’s a distinct possibility that will happen with Diagon Alley. 

Hi, I'm always reading along but never post because I don't really know much about Lego (just love the Harry Potter licence).

Just a few thoughts--the 2011 included two goblins in Gringotts, I can't imagine there would be fewer this time. 2 goblins + Ollivander + the trio + Fred & George are already 8 figures, so by the different calculations here there might only be another 4 or 7 or 12 spots left.

In terms of the buildings some of you mentioned that the set is supposed to appeal to fans of the modular buildings. I wonder--do you think the release of the bookshop makes it less likely that Flourish & Blotts is included? Also, if the set is supposed to appeal to collectors of other themes I think an inclusion of the Leaky Cauldron would make sense no?

I personally would really love if the Owl Emporium was included because it would be so nice to get many new owls, maybe even in a greater variety of colours.

Given how different the trio looks between PS and HBP (and how weird a PS Harry would look in front of WWW), I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we ended up getting two versions of them. They don’t even require new prints or anything, so TLG could include two versions each at no additional cost :laugh:
Speaking of cost: nothing DA-related requires new moulds in my eyes, which should free up some of its budget for more minifigs. Or is there anything you could see warranting a new mould or two?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of cost: nothing DA-related requires new moulds in my eyes, which should free up some of its budget for more minifigs. Or is there anything you could see warranting a new m

I think that depends on what are on the internals of the sets, like it depends how they make certain “small” parts of the buildings such as the love potions in WWW etc, obviously books already exist and wand boxes can just be 1x2 tiles, but they could also be new moulds to actually fit wands inside (would be decent so I could store my abundance of extra wands ??)

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

[...] but they could also be new moulds to actually fit wands inside (would be decent so I could store my abundance of extra wands ??)

You mean like the gift boxes introduced in CMF S18, but 1x3s instead of 2x2s? That would be awesome, but of limited use outside of the DA set :sceptic: Maybe as greebling on the next Star Wars UCS set :shrug_oh_well: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

You mean like the gift boxes introduced in CMF S18, but 1x3s instead of 2x2s? That would be awesome, but of limited use outside of the DA set :sceptic: Maybe as greebling on the next Star Wars UCS set :shrug_oh_well: 

Exactly, would be fantastic but of limited use which would suck because I’m not sure whether they’d end up doing something with limited use ?

It always depends on the context when new moulds are introduced. Highly specific moulds are usually created for something that wouldn’t work without them, like new Star Wars helmets. The threshold for versatile moulds is far lower of course. The suggested wand box is sadly in the uncomfortable zone in-between; it’s neither absolutely required for a DA set nor is it versatile enough to be introduced regardless :sceptic:

Question, if we do get Percy, Fred and George minifigures, what hair pieces do people think they'll get?

Also if DA does have Wesley's Wizarding Wheezes then Percy is less likely to be included, or would they do what the Privet Drive set did, by containing elements from different films.

So like:

PS: Gringotts & Ollivanders

CoS: Flourish and Blots

PoA: redesigned Leaky Cauldron

HBP: Wesley's Wizarding Wheezes

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Or is there anything you could see warranting a new mould or two?

Not sure about new molds but I'd definetely like to have some of the most important details printed on instead of stickered. Things like the shop names on signs etc

Edited by Guyon2002

7 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Question, if we do get Percy, Fred and George minifigures, what hair pieces do people think they'll ge

If we get the Twins they’ll no doubt use the same hairpiece they used in 2010, the same hairpiece Mr Weasley and OotP/HBP Harry use

and Percy I could see using either the General Hux hair or the Widow’s peak (Grindelwald) hair in dark orange

11 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

That would be great :thumbup: I could live with LC being featured instead of QQS, at least we actually see the interior of the former in the films :tongue:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Not sure about new molds but I'd definetely like to have some of the most important details printed on instead of stickered. Things like the shop names on signs etc

That would also be my preference, but judging by 71043, this is going to be a stickerfest :head_back:

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

and Percy I could see using either the General Hux hair or the Widow’s peak (Grindelwald) hair in dark orange

Grindelwald's hair is the ''slicked back'' hairpiece, this is Widow's peak:

NEW Lego Minifig Slicked-back BLACK HAIR w/Widows Peak Dracula ...

Grindelwald's hair is the ''slicked back'' hairpiece, this is Widow's peak:

It’s still a widow’s peak (I should know, I have one irl)

a widow’s peak is the v-shape at the front of the hairline, which the slicked back piece has

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s still a widow’s peak (I should know, I have one irl)

It's different irl ofc but when it comes to LEGO that's the piece 'Widow's Peak' usually refers to. Not that it really matters :shrug_oh_well:

19 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

So like:

I think it could. Much like how the Death Star had elements from both films. Leaky Cauldron with a bedroom, a small dining area and bar and with some kind of moving wall would be neat.

1 hour ago, Nina said:

Just a few thoughts--the 2011 included two goblins in Gringotts, I can't imagine there would be fewer this time. 2 goblins + Ollivander + the trio + Fred & George are already 8 figures, so by the different calculations here there might only be another 4 or 7 or 12 spots left.

Difficult to say how many Goblins we get, if they can make them more or less the same we probably get more than if they make them very unique. I assume they will use the head from the CMF to save budget, like they did rather brilliantly last time to give us more moulds in sets :wink: Hagrid is almost guaranteed in the set as well..

2 hours ago, Nina said:

In terms of the buildings some of you mentioned that the set is supposed to appeal to fans of the modular buildings. I wonder--do you think the release of the bookshop makes it less likely that Flourish & Blotts is included? Also, if the set is supposed to appeal to collectors of other themes I think an inclusion of the Leaky Cauldron would make sense no?

The modular bookshop will not affect any shops in the DA. I hope/guess it is not the same scale as the modular since we only will get 3 buildings then. DA has a lot of small shops more in the scale with the first winter Village sets :classic:

2 hours ago, Nina said:

personally would really love if the Owl Emporium was included because it would be so nice to get many new owls, maybe even in a greater variety of colours

Thank you! Finally a new member on team owl :grin:

It's different irl ofc but when it comes to LEGO that's the piece 'Widow's Peak' usually refers to. Not that it really matters :shrug_oh_well:

Exactly, I stated which piece I meant so as not to confuse because I know there are 2 pieces that could be called the widow’s peak (although the real one actually has a very small peak ?)

but yeah, in regards to Percy, it depends which version they go for, in OotP his hair very slicked back but still curly so could actually do with a new piece, same goes for his earlier look because there aren’t really any good short curly hairpieces

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I assume they will use the head from the CMF to save budget

Did you mean the hairpiece, the head is a normal minifigure head ??

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Did you mean the hairpiece, the head is a normal minifigure head ??

Yes:blush:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Yes:blush:

I’m still not sure whether I like the fact it’s not a moulded head BUT at least we can get more unique faces for the Goblins because of it

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I hope/guess it is not the same scale as the modular since we only will get 3 buildings then. DA has a lot of small shops more in the scale with the first winter Village sets :classic:

Yeah I agree. Anything bigger than the newer Winter Village sets (and certainly the size of the Modulare) would be too out of proportion with the rest of the HP line for me... and I feel we wouldn’t gain much out of it. There’s only so much they can fill a shop with, and I feel we’d just have loads of empty space. They would also be very hard to display (I’m already struggling to find a home just for the Great Hall lol).

Also hello and welcome @Nina I know diddly squat about the inner workings of Lego too so you’re not alone ?

Potentially stupid question, but year 1, did the CMF release with the main wave of sets? I’m sure I remember buying the box to be delivered to my work when I was in London on release day, but I’m not sure if that was me pre-ordering the box or actually buying it, not sure if I’m mistaken or not ?

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

There’s only so much they can fill a shop with, and I feel we’d just have loads of empty space.

What people seem to forget about modulars (and I have been guilty of it) is that most of the time the sets are multiple “buildings” in one, so like the ground floor is the main building or what is advertised outside, the second floor is something else and the third floor something else again, OR the sets are something that can be spread across multiple floors, the only 2 in DA that really fit that bill are Gringotts and WWW, Ollivander’s is only seen from the first floor unless the second floor would be used for wand storage, but why? And even Gringotts only has multiple floors because of the underground which probably wouldn’t be shown in that set, so it’d be nigh impossible for them to have them be modular scale, although as I would prefer to get multiple £200 sets of modular buildings as opposed to one £350 set of a few non-modular buildings, I doubt we’ll get modular buildings in this set, as long as they’re more intricate than the 2010 wave DA I’ll be happy with spending £350

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

This being said, your proposed list (and I mean this in the nicest way possible) is a bit ridiculous.

:laugh:  No offense taken!

We will have to agree to disagree on some things (until the set is revealed) but overall you make a lot of valid points.  What I tried to include was a list that I thought was 100% possible based on precedent, albeit maybe only 60-or-so% probable.  

I think Krum's hair in dark orange would be perfect for Percy as his hair is too curly for a slicked back hairpiece imo.

I hope Percy features in Diagon Alley, there's a chance as he was present in Flourish and Blotts in the films.  Maybe we could get a Prefects who Gained Power book to go with him!

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally I will be shocked if there are more than 15 minifigures in Diagon Alley, and certainly disappointed if there are less than 10

Agreed. Less minifigs than the previous DA had would be terrible and more than 15 is a bit unrealistic, even for a 400$ set. However, the amount of minifigs certainly depends on how many exclusives there are. Throwing in a minifig without a single new print shouldn't cost them much. Then again, people aren't really clamouring for reprints :laugh: I'd rather have less minifigs overall if the ones we do get are exclusive versions or new characters altogether :thumbup: