Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Did you all see the magazine with the Sirius Black minifigure leak? Looks like it's the same minifigure as in the Expecto Patronum set though.

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

thanks for the clarification, hopefully that extra $250 isn't just inflation 

It won’t be. That would only increase it by around 25%. This is an increase of about 175%, so we can reasonably hope for something at least twice as big.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Looks like the next season of factory leaks has kicked off, at least in terms of Marvel. Not that it’s exciting or anything, we now have basically seen everything that’s due in August. Since minifig leaks from D2Cs are quite unreliable, I at least hope for the remaining AC minifigs to leak soonish :classic:

*Checks legoleaks on instagram*

I wasn't aware Marvel was getting a CMF?

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s no way they’d release add-ons to a 400$ set. The Creator Expert modular buildings work well on their own, but I doubt customers would care about a standalone, let’s say Owl Emporium set unless they already own the D2C (apart from @Roebuck that is :tongue:). It’s just way too niche :shrug_oh_well: The only shop that could work as a standalone is Borgin & Burkes

Haha :tongue:
I agree that there are two ways to do it:
1. Make a set every year that combine into a huge set.

2. Make a huge D2C

Since they are going for the huge D2C this time (IF it is system scale:devil:) I hope we get  a lot of different shops like Owl Emporium in that set. It is a street after all, not 3 huge buildings. I know the first DA had 3 famous buildings, but that was a completely different budget (I think the set is great), but this time I expect a different approach for 400$ :wink:

@Falconfan1414 posted a new pic in his story which shows the selection of minifigures from the 2011 Diagon Alley - could that mean something?

5 hours ago, Taure said:

If the DA set is (as some have predicted) modelled on being a slightly larger, Harry Potter version of Assembly Square, I wonder if Lego will leave the door open to further expansions along the lines of the modular buildings. It would be great if over a number of years you could build up a full Diagon Alley in the same level of detail as the modular buildings. If there are any form of technic pin connectors, we will know...

I think this is highly possible. LEGO is going to do everything in its power to make the D2C Diagon Alley a “must-buy” for as wide an audience as possible.

This includes Harry Potter superfans, casual fans who have happy memories of the location from family trips to Universal Studios, and folks who don’t care much for Harry Potter but collect LEGO and would want to connect this set to their current Creator City sets.

The current marketing formula (releasing a series of modular buildings every year that connect to form a large collectible display piece) is working incredibly well for LEGO. Look at the Hogwarts castle sets. Many latecomers (including some of our friends on here) who missed the first two waves are scrambling to buy the previous castle segments because they are “must buy” pieces that fit into the larger display. For the folks who are buying all five Hogwarts sets at once, it is costing them at least $400. And we are almost guaranteed to get some additional modular sets to continue expanding upon the current $400 collection next year and in the years to come.

Rolling out a $400 “must buy” set right off the bat is very clever in my opinion. All they have to do is include technical pins, and the door for possible expansions is open.

The D2C Diagon Alley will probably only include Gringott’s, Ollivander’s, Flourish & Blotts, and the Weasley Wizarding Wheezes.

Modular expansions could include a Gringott’s vault with the Ukrainian Ironbelly, Borgin and Burke, Quality Quidditch Supplies (a nice way to get Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch robes), Eylop’s Owl Emporium and the Magical Menagerie, the Leaky Cauldron, etc., etc.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s no way they’d release add-ons to a 400$ set. The Creator Expert modular buildings work well on their own, but I doubt customers would care about a standalone, let’s say Owl Emporium set unless they already own the D2C (apart from @Roebuck that is :tongue:). It’s just way too niche :shrug_oh_well:

I totally disagree. I appreciate you sharing your opinion, but you have no way of definitively saying “there’s no way” about something like this. Don’t underestimate the power of the Harry Potter brand. 

Edited by sebastian666

9 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

@Falconfan1414 posted a new pic in his story which shows the selection of minifigures from the 2011 Diagon Alley - could that mean something?

I don’t know why he would post it if it wasn’t a clue of what to expect. I think we’re getting closer to getting more information!

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t know why he would post it if it wasn’t a clue of what to expect. I think we’re getting closer to getting more information!

I suspect we may see the reveal before the July 7 release of the Magical Treasury book, since it supposedly features Diagon Alley (though that may just be the micro GWP, who knows?)

Sorry, I'm so clueless about social media; what platform are we talking about here?  I checked @Falconfan1414's Instagram and didn't see anything

Just now, RogueTwo said:

I suspect we may see the reveal before the July 7 release of the Magical Treasury book, since it supposedly features Diagon Alley (though that may just be the micro GWP, who knows?)

Sorry, I'm so clueless about social media; what platform are we talking about here?  I checked @Falconfan1414's Instagram and didn't see anything

Their IG Story. Not a post

Edited by sammy_zammy

@sebastian666: I know that WW merch sells like hotcakes, no matter how obscure it may be :wink: My point is that only a small amount of people would buy add-ons to a 400$ DA. You could argue that there are people out there that don’t have interest in the D2C yet still want an obscure store that’s not included in the set as a standalone, but that’s certainly a minority. And other people might feel cheated if they drop 400$ on a set only to find out it’s not “complete” shortly thereafter. I’m not opposed to the idea itself, I just find it highly unrealistic :grin:

5 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Their IG Story. Not a post

:tongue: And I'm only 26 years old.  Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I hope LEGO starts a slow social media campaign build-up like they did for the Falcon.  But I guess the two aren't really comparable.

Edited by RogueTwo

Regarding Falconfan’s post: I wouldn’t overanalyse it, not everything he posts has to be a hint :laugh:

Hm, speaking of the 2011 version: Am I the only one to want a proper Philosopher’s Stone to be included in the set? Some sets have used the regular gem piece while in the 2011 version it was represented by a Power Miners crystal piece, both of which aren’t very accurate. I hope they finally start producing the gold nugget piece in transparent colours and this would be a good opportunity to introduce it in trans-red :sweet:

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Regarding Falconfan’s post: I wouldn’t overanalyse it, not everything he posts has to be a hint :laugh:

Hm, speaking of the 2011 version: Am I the only one to want a proper Philosopher’s Stone to be included in the set? Some sets have used the regular gem piece while in the 2011 version it was represented by a Power Miners crystal piece, both of which aren’t very accurate. I hope they finally start producing the gold nugget piece in transparent colours and this would be a good opportunity to introduce it in trans-red :sweet:

Yes that would be amazing!

37 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

:tongue: And I'm only 26 years old.  Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I hope LEGO starts a slow social media campaign build-up like they did for the Falcon.  But I guess the two aren't really comparable.

Lol no problem. That would be exciting if they did that.

———

By the way, the Magical Treasury is up for preorder at Hive for £14.85, RRP £18.99. Does anyone have any experience on how quickly something like this sells out/how low priced they go? As I don’t want to miss out, but also don’t want it to end up costing £5 (although those books have much lower RRPs) or less in a few months time like most of the other HP books with (non-exclusive) minifigures, and me feeling ripped off.

Edited by sammy_zammy

48 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

By the way, the Magical Treasury is up for preorder at Hive for £14.85, RRP £18.99. Does anyone have any experience on how quickly something like this sells out/how low priced they go? As I don’t want to miss out, but also don’t want it to end up costing £5 (although those books have much lower RRPs) or less in a few months time like most of the other HP books with (non-exclusive) minifigures, and me feeling ripped off.

The preview images on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Potter-Magical-Treasury-exclusive-minifigure/dp/1465492372) show the 4 Privet Drive set as well as Hermoine and her patronus. So who knows, maybe it'll show DA too.

51 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

From my experiences, these Lego books w/ exclusive figures don't sell out quickly, or most of the times at all. A lot of people choose to bricklink the exclusive figs instead of buying thhe wntire book (Which they're missing out on) so you should be safe with waiting for it. As for price, lowest I've seen a $20 something Lego book gor for after release os around $15 bucks, but it could lower in price further after a while.

I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment, but I have a feeling we are hours away from seeing some leaks related to the D2C Diagon Alley set... 

17 minutes ago, Salix said:

The preview images on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Potter-Magical-Treasury-exclusive-minifigure/dp/1465492372) show the 4 Privet Drive set as well as Hermoine and her patronus. So who knows, maybe it'll show DA too.

The page on Harry mentions Eeylop’s Owl Emporium by name. Hmm...

31 minutes ago, Salix said:

The page on Harry mentions Eeylop’s Owl Emporium by name. Hmm...

@TheRandomBlocker I think you asked for a size comparison:

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Yeah, and they only added those images of the summer sets after their official reveal, so I think there's a fair chance that there are some Diagon Alley images hidden in there as well, but we'll see!  :classic:

Quick question: When I try to preorder the book from Amazon in the US, it says "Order now and we'll notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item."  Why would anyone place that order?  Does Amazon not know when they'll be in stock?  It seems very odd.  Does anyone have any experience with that message?

If you look at the backpage of that book it mentions about exploring Diagon Alley. It’s a pretty safe bet that the set is pictured in there,

3 minutes ago, SuperChris said:

If you look at the backpage of that book it mentions about exploring Diagon Alley. It’s a pretty safe bet that the set is pictured in there,

Quick, someone hack DK's website!  :grin:

1 hour ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

From my experiences, these Lego books w/ exclusive figures don't sell out quickly, or most of the times at all. A lot of people choose to bricklink the exclusive figs instead of buying thhe wntire book (Which they're missing out on) so you should be safe with waiting for it. As for price, lowest I've seen a $20 something Lego book gor for after release os around $15 bucks, but it could lower in price further after a while.

Thank you very much! That’s very insightful. That makes sense. Yeah I’d like to get the book with it. There’s another store that’s selling it for £13; it looks legit so may get it.

On the Dutch-forum Lowlug, some reliable 'leaker' says the Harry Potter D2C will be in the stores in August and have a press-release in July. 

8 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Yeah, and they only added those images of the summer sets after their official reveal, so I think there's a fair chance that there are some Diagon Alley images hidden in there as well, but we'll see!  :classic:

Quick question: When I try to preorder the book from Amazon in the US, it says "Order now and we'll notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item."  Why would anyone place that order?  Does Amazon not know when they'll be in stock?  It seems very odd.  Does anyone have any experience with that message?

They probably just haven’t updated the listing to show the correct info. I think I’ve had that message a couple of times when ordering games but can’t say for sure. Pretty sure it’s fine, and the preorder price guarantee is nice to have.

18 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

On the Dutch-forum Lowlug, some reliable 'leaker' says the Harry Potter D2C will be in the stores in August and have a press-release in July. 

That's something we've been saying for quite some time here, it's more an educated guess than actual news. If DA releases on Sep 1 it'll have a VIP release in august and a press release in July, exactly the same as with the Hogwarts D2C