Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Technically the Hogwarts Express from 2010 included both the Flying Car and Luna Lovegood, but that's a fairly minor film crossover.  Personally, I really do want Borgin and Burke's.  My preferred buildings would be:

-Gringotts
-Ollivander's
-Flourish and Blott's
-Quality Quidditch Supplies
-Leaky Cauldron
-Borgin and Burke's

That may be unrealistic, but we'll see.  One reason I'd like Borgin and Burke's may be selfish, but it's so that there's no need for anyone to have the 2011 set anymore.  

True about the 2010 Hogwarts Express.

I really do want B&B, but I feel like Lego is investing enough time and detail into these sets that it could qualify as its own set as there is plenty of DA to cover without including a building from Knockturn Alley in a DA set. That being said, I think B&B will probably be included in the new DA set as it is the 'gateway' to DA for COS and will link up well with The Burrow set released this year.

My list would be:

Gringotts

Ollivander's

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

(Borgin and Burkes here if not a stand alone set)

The Leaky Cauldron

Flourish and Blotts

Quality Quidditch Supplies

21 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

I have no idea how I forgot to add that one!  :tongue:
Yes, WWW is a must!

4 minutes ago, joeee said:

I always liked Florean Fortescue in the POA book. Imagine if TLG added his shop!

I can't imagine we'd get the shop, but I definitely picture figures walking down the street with ice creams.

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Awesome, thank you, next to 4 Privet Drive it looks huge ?, cannot wait to build it, potentially stupid question, but what’s the play feature using the cog at the bottom?

For me it wasn’t the windows I struggled with, but the solid piece used inside the door on the Astronomy Tower main door, was ridiculous ??

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's for the fireplace

It's indeed for the fireplace.

Just now, Salix said:

It's indeed for the fireplace.

If you don’t mind me asking, what other play features does the set have? I only display the sets (don’t play with them), but I do enjoy using the features occasionally, also, in your opinion, what is your favourite part of the set?

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’m happy I didn’t have to choose, I couldn’t get the Burrow where I work so I’ll have to wait until I’ve been paid and it’s back in stock, luckily I have 2 paydays in July ?, do Lego take money for backorders straight away or when they ship them?

They will put a hold on the amount, but won't take your money until it's shipped.

Just now, Salix said:

They will put a hold on the amount, but won't take your money until it's shipped.

I’m tempted to order it then, either that or wait until I get paid then order it, potentially risking it going on back order again by the time I can afford it ??

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what other play features does the set have? I only display the sets (don’t play with them), but I do enjoy using the features occasionally, also, in your opinion, what is your favourite part of the set?

The fireplace is basically the only play feature unless you count the fact that you can part the flames so a minifigure can jump between them like Harry did in the film. I only display them too, I'm trying to make a LEGO city with HP integrated into it. As for favourite part, I love the details in the set. I'd rather have a fully enclosed building though, but I understand why it's not although you can already open it up like a doll house, so why not fully enclose it. I guess that would probably make it too expensive. Anyhow, until I got the Burrow the only Weasley I had was Ron a dozen times if I'm not mistaken. Actually all characters besides Harry and Ron were all new to my collection which is another reason I like the set.

Just now, Salix said:

Actually all characters besides Harry and Ron were all new to my collection which is another reason I like the set.

It will be the same for me when I get it, I have a custom Tonks but she’s not great and I can’t wait to have the official one, and I never got previous iterations of Mr/Mrs Weasley, Ginny, Bella or Fenrir, although before the Burrow was announced I was tempted to buy the 3 Weasleys on BL, glad I didn’t seen as it’s would’ve been like £45 for all 3 ??

*opens thread*

Two new pages of comments in t he last couple of hours?! Could it be DA news?!

*reads comments*

Oh, just discussing what shops we want in DA again? Pfft come on guys don’t get my hopes up like that ?

Personally I would rather B&B be included in DA than not be included in any set at all. But given the option of either in DA or separate, I would prefer it to be separate.

The shops I would most like represented, regardless of whether they’re included in DA or separate, are:

Most want - Gringotts, Ollivanders, Borgin & Burke’s, Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes

Quite want - Flourish & Blotts, The Leaky Cauldron

Would be a nice bonus - Madam Malkin’s Robes, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Eyelops Owl Emporium

Don’t want - why would I not want more Lego? (Although if it’s micro scale I’d still prefer Tesco Express to Sainsbury’s Local personally)

Edited by sammy_zammy

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It will be the same for me when I get it, I have a custom Tonks but she’s not great and I can’t wait to have the official one, and I never got previous iterations of Mr/Mrs Weasley, Ginny, Bella or Fenrir, although before the Burrow was announced I was tempted to buy the 3 Weasleys on BL, glad I didn’t seen as it’s would’ve been like £45 for all 3 ??

I really hope the twins will be in DA. They were one of the reasons I wanted to get the old DA before I knew a new one was coming. I also wonder if we'll get any of the other Weasley siblings. Charlie is probably highly unlikely. Bill could be a possibility for a 7 Potters set and/or his wedding with Fleur. Percy I'm also not sure about in what kind of set he could appear.

I'm gonna be #teamseparate. B&B has been done before, and it doesn't really give the vibe that I want out of the DA set. Would much rather have The Leaky Cauldron and Quidditch Supplies and things like that.

3 minutes ago, Salix said:

I really hope the twins will be in DA. They were one of the reasons I wanted to get the old DA before I knew a new one was coming. I also wonder if we'll get any of the other Weasley siblings. Charlie is probably highly unlikely. Bill could be a possibility for a 7 Potters set and/or his wedding with Fleur. Percy I'm also not sure about in what kind of set he could appear.

So do I tbh, I want all the Weasleys, I don’t think we’ll ever get Charlie, but I could definitely see them doing a Wedding set that could add onto the Burrow just like the Hogwarts castle sets attach to each other, and it’d be stupid if he didn’t appear in plain clothes in either a Battle of Hogwarts set or a Battle of the Seven Potters set, Percy could also be in a BoH set, or he could just be in a random part of the castle, or they could do with him what they are doing with Tom Riddle and release him in a book or a polybag, would be nice to get an exclusive as opposed to getting the same figures 72 times over ??

My most wanted buildings for Diagon Alley are definitely Gringotts, Ollivander’s, and WWW. I hope LEGO makes a separate underground dragon escape set so we can pose the Ukrainian Ironbelly on Gringotts, although I’m also very slightly afraid that they’ll throw it into the D2C as a side build. In terms of other shops I’d rather have Flourish and Blotts and Quality Quidditch Supplies over The Leaky Cauldron, because while the Cauldron would be cool, it’s just a pub while the shops would have more interesting and detailed interiors. I’m also hoping for stall side builds or something for animals and clothing like the older set had. 

4 hours ago, Salix said:

I think they should add Percy into a Troll on the Loose remake as he's in the scene leading up to it, guiding the students from the Great Hall back to the Gryffindor common room. Also going off of the Universal Studios Escape From Gringotts ride, Gringotts in the Diagon Alley D2C could be a logical place to add Bill.

Edited by brick3up2across

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

My most wanted buildings for Diagon Alley are definitely Gringotts, Ollivander’s, and WWW. I hope LEGO makes a separate underground dragon escape set so we can pose the Ukrainian Ironbelly on Gringotts, although I’m also very slightly afraid that they’ll throw it into the D2C as a side build. In terms of other shops I’d rather have Flourish and Blotts and Quality Quidditch Supplies over The Leaky Cauldron, because while the Cauldron would be cool, it’s just a pub while the shops would have more interesting and detailed interiors. I’m also hoping for stall side builds or something for animals and clothing like the older set had. 

The Dragon Escape from Gringotts is perfect for its own set, and frankly Lego would be stupid to try and roll it into a D2C. It has far too much potential to make money on its own. Too many people love dragons and would gladly pay out for a medium set no matter what theme it came from - why waste that by sticking it into one of the more expensive D2Cs? 

26 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The Dragon Escape from Gringotts is perfect for its own set, and frankly Lego would be stupid to try and roll it into a D2C. It has far too much potential to make money on its own. Too many people love dragons and would gladly pay out for a medium set no matter what theme it came from - why waste that by sticking it into one of the more expensive D2Cs? 

That’s my thought process as well, and I think LEGO has a good track record of focusing on making large D2C sets as good as possible without fracturing the build by having sizeable side builds (Assault on Hoth being an exception), but in the back of my mind I’m reminded of how iconic the Diagon Alley at Universal Studios is with the dragon perched atop Gringotts. I hope it’s a separate set next year only because I don’t want a $30-sized side build preventing us from getting more buildings. 

I’m curious to know what other people think will happen to the price of the old Diagon Alley set. I’ve wanted it since 2011 and have been looking into purchasing it over the last few days, but it’s just so expensive and then today I remembered that the price is likely to drop with the release of the remake, much like with the UCS Falcon and Taj Mahal. 

If the DA set is (as some have predicted) modelled on being a slightly larger, Harry Potter version of Assembly Square, I wonder if Lego will leave the door open to further expansions along the lines of the modular buildings. It would be great if over a number of years you could build up a full Diagon Alley in the same level of detail as the modular buildings.

If there are any form of technic pin connectors, we will know...

(Assuming we are getting a DA set.)

Do you guys think DA will be revealed before or around the 7th of july? The visual guide with the figure will be released around that time and I think Lego would be stupid not to include a picture of the set in the new book.

25 minutes ago, Taure said:

If the DA set is (as some have predicted) modelled on being a slightly larger, Harry Potter version of Assembly Square, I wonder if Lego will leave the door open to further expansions along the lines of the modular buildings. It would be great if over a number of years you could build up a full Diagon Alley in the same level of detail as the modular buildings.

There’s no way they’d release add-ons to a 400$ set. The Creator Expert modular buildings work well on their own, but I doubt customers would care about a standalone, let’s say Owl Emporium set unless they already own the D2C (apart from @Roebuck that is :tongue:). It’s just way too niche :shrug_oh_well: The only shop that could work as a standalone is Borgin & Burkes

29 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Do you guys think DA will be revealed before or around the 7th of july? The visual guide with the figure will be released around that time and I think Lego would be stupid not to include a picture of the set in the new book.

These books never include previews to sets that aren’t available at the time of release :wink:

Can someone fill me in with a quick round up of all this Diagon Alley news as from what I gather it's 250 pieces larger than the old one, is being released separately and everyone is guessing about included stores/shops. 

6 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Can someone fill me in with a quick round up of all this Diagon Alley news as from what I gather it's 250 pieces larger than the old one, is being released separately and everyone is guessing about included stores/shops. 

Lol it better me a bit more than 250 pieces larger. It’s 250 dollars more, not pieces more.

(That’s pretty much all we know. So there’s your quick round up)

6 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Actually the amount of pieces is unknown. The 250 refers to the price of the old set and the new set. The old being $150 and the new one being $400. Basically all we know is that there's going to be a Diagon Alley which costs $400 and it has set number 75978 and likely release for September.

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

Lol it better me a bit more than 250 pieces larger. It’s 250 dollars more, not pieces more

thanks for the clarification, hopefully that extra $250 isn't just inflation