Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

but a dragon based set for each of the champions would be amazing.

Whilst I don’t think that’s too terribly likely, what I think is a little more possible to happen would be if they had builds similar to the Horntail in the D2C castle, and put those in this year’s advent calendar, one day for each of the dragons. I can just as easily see that as not happening though, if they only want to have builds themed specifically for the Yule Ball

Just now, joeee said:

I have a random question: it might be me, but when I was building the Room of Requirement...the instructions asked to insert the gate piece into the hole of the door. For some strange reason, I couldn't insert it from one of the sides ...but when I flipped the door and tried that side, the gates went in easily! I recall these gates have always been able to be inserted either side. Just curious if this is a me thing!

Not you, I had the same in the Astronomy Tower, really struggled to get it in one side, flipped it, wouldn’t go in at all, flipped it back struggled but got it in, one side is smaller than the other ☺️

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking, would be so cool, I’m disappointed we didn’t get small dragons in the set to symbolise the 4 model dragons, although I guess it would’ve been difficult to make them accurate

They could’ve at least given us four different colored baby Norbert molds! :laugh: I guess that mold is retired now though 

3 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Whilst I don’t think that’s too terribly likely, what I think is a little more possible to happen would be if they had builds similar to the Horntail in the D2C castle, and put those in this year’s advent calendar, one day for each of the dragons. I can just as easily see that as not happening though, if they only want to have builds themed specifically for the Yule Ball

I’d love this actually.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

They could’ve at least given us four different colored baby Norbert molds! :laugh: I guess that mold is retired now though 

You and I seem to be the same person because that exactly the piece I was thinking of, but yeah, would seem that either it’s retired or would’ve cost too much for them to be accurate ??‍♂️?

27 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Not necessarily. The architect’s statue from last year’s calendar features much more prominently in the Christmas scene from CoS, and things like the house banners, snowman, and miniature Hogwarts Express are purely random. I could easily see us getting some nanoscale dragons. 

35 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

anyone who has both the Burrow and Astronomy Tower, can you tell me (or better, post a photo) how big is the Burrow compared to the Tower, because the same price but the Burrow has more pieces, yet irl it would be a lot shorter than the Castle (as would Grawp who is definitely not lmao)

W1M0sVg.jpg

The Burrow is little bit shorter.

43 minutes ago, joeee said:

I have a random question: it might be me, but when I was building the Room of Requirement...the instructions asked to insert the gate piece into the hole of the door. For some strange reason, I couldn't insert it from one of the sides ...but when I flipped the door and tried that side, the gates went in easily! I recall these gates have always been able to be inserted either side. Just curious if this is a me thing!

40 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Not you, I had the same in the Astronomy Tower, really struggled to get it in one side, flipped it, wouldn’t go in at all, flipped it back struggled but got it in, one side is smaller than the other ☺️

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who found it ridiculously hard! I thought I'd somehow regressed since I was 10 because I never use to have a problem putting in the window.

5 minutes ago, Salix said:

W1M0sVg.jpg

The Burrow is little bit shorter.

Awesome, thank you, next to 4 Privet Drive it looks huge ?, cannot wait to build it, potentially stupid question, but what’s the play feature using the cog at the bottom?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who found it ridiculously hard! I thought I'd somehow regressed since I was 10 because I never use to have a problem putting in the window.

For me it wasn’t the windows I struggled with, but the solid piece used inside the door on the Astronomy Tower main door, was ridiculous ??

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

For me it wasn’t the windows I struggled with, but the solid piece used inside the door on the Astronomy Tower main door, was ridiculous ??

That's the piece I mean - I see it as like a solid window,

That's the piece I mean - I see it as like a solid window,

Oh yeah, I get ya, I’ve never actually had one of those before, only that door with the rounded window things that are square in the Great Hall

23 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

potentially stupid question, but what’s the play feature using the cog at the bottom?

That's for the fireplace

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's for the fireplace

Ofc, I completely forgot about that, guess that’s the problem with not having the set, darn you Lego exclusives *shakes fist* ??

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ofc, I completely forgot about that, guess that’s the problem with not having the set, darn you Lego exclusives *shakes fist* ??

I don't have it either but there isn't anything else it could be :shrug_oh_well: Had to choose between the AT and Burrow so I'm gonna have to hold off on the Burrow a little longer

Does anyone have any inkling as to whether or not Diagon Alley and the CMF will be released on schedule (September) in the US?  I would hope so, since the CMF are produced in China, and no D2Cs have been delayed so far, but I'm just kind of learning to be pessimistic this year.

EDIT: D2C, not DLC.  :laugh:

Edited by RogueTwo

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't have it either but there isn't anything else it could be :shrug_oh_well: Had to choose between the AT and Burrow so I'm gonna have to hold off on the Burrow a little longer

I’m happy I didn’t have to choose, I couldn’t get the Burrow where I work so I’ll have to wait until I’ve been paid and it’s back in stock, luckily I have 2 paydays in July ?, do Lego take money for backorders straight away or when they ship them?

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Does anyone have any inkling as to whether or not Diagon Alley and the CMF will be released on schedule (September) in the US?  I would hope so, since the CMF are produced in China, and no DLCs have been released so far, but I'm just kind of learning to be pessimistic this year.

I guess we’ll see with the Crocodile Locomotive releasing on July 1st and Mickey and Minnie releasing on August 1st! I hope the D2Cs don’t get delayed but I wouldn’t expect the CMF series to be delayed if they aren’t produced in the Mexico factory. 

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I guess we’ll see with the Crocodile Locomotive releasing on July 1st and Mickey and Minnie releasing on August 1st! I hope the D2Cs don’t get delayed but I wouldn’t expect the CMF series to be delayed if they aren’t produced in the Mexico factory. 

Wow, I didn't even know the Crocodile Locomotive existed!  Totally went under my radar.  :grin:

The only thing is that Diagon Alley is over twice as large and will surely have over twice as many pieces as Mickey and Minnie, and will surely be more popular (unless I'm just projecting my own taste).  I guess we'll see.  It'll be a big red flag if either of the two that you mentioned is delayed, though.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

The only thing is that Diagon Alley is over twice as large and will surely have over twice as many pieces as Mickey and Minnie, and will surely be more popular (unless I'm just projecting my own taste).  I guess we'll see.  It'll be a big red flag if either of the two that you mentioned is delayed, though.

Are you kidding? That thing is uuuuuuugly, if Diagon Alley is less popular than that then I’m incredibly worried for fans of Lego ??, but in all seriousness I can see DA selling really well and the MM/MM thing not selling all that well, I mean I don’t even know what it is (except ugly ??)

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Are you kidding? That thing is uuuuuuugly, if Diagon Alley is less popular than that then I’m incredibly worried for fans of Lego ??, but in all seriousness I can see DA selling really well and the MM/MM thing not selling all that well, I mean I don’t even know what it is (except ugly ??)

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, sorry if it was unclear.  Maybe my wording was just more cautious in case others disagreed, but I absolutely detest the Mickey/Minnie set.  I hate old-school Disney, Mickey especially, I hate the price of the set, and the set itself is just... well, ugly.  You hit the nail right on the head.  Hence why LEGO will need to make way more Alleys than Mice.  :grin:

Just now, RogueTwo said:

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, sorry if it was unclear.  Maybe my wording was just more cautious in case others disagreed, but I absolutely detest the Mickey/Minnie set.  I hate old-school Disney, Mickey especially, I hate the price of the set, and the set itself is just... well, ugly.  You hit the nail right on the head.  Hence why LEGO will need to make way more Alleys than Mice.  :grin:

??, if you have an opinion share it, if others disagree then that’s their problem ?, I don’t hate OS Disney, but I do think that set is ugly, overpriced and a really bad choice, like there are so many other things Disney related to make a D2C of, I’m not sure of any delays, but I hope it comes out on time in the US because I want to watch YouTube reviews before I consider buying ??, obviously it’s a selfish reason ?, I think it’s pretty cool that we’re getting the Burrow and Diagon Alley in the same year, shame that it probably won’t come with B&B so no “diagonally” Harry ?, also a shame that we didn’t get the Willow and the Shrieking Shack in the same year, especially because the Willow has the entrance to the passageway to the shack on it ??

35 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

shame that it probably won’t come with B&B so no “diagonally” Harry ?

Ah that reminds me; it would be cool to get a Harry with his broken glasses and sooty face as the alternate face. 

Ah that reminds me; it would be cool to get a Harry with his broken glasses and sooty face as the alternate face. 

100%, I would actually prefer B&B to be a stand-alone set because then we could get more unique figures, have they ever done a set with figures from multiple films? Broken glasses Harry and maybe the witch from Chamber and then Narcissa and Draco from HBP ??

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

100%, I would actually prefer B&B to be a stand-alone set because then we could get more unique figures, have they ever done a set with figures from multiple films? Broken glasses Harry and maybe the witch from Chamber and then Narcissa and Draco from HBP ??

In HP or any theme? The UCS Falcon springs to mind as having characters from the OT and ST. But in HP no I don't think they have; the closest would of course be the new Privet Drive set technically containing Vernon, Petunia and Dudley in outfits from different films. I think the new DA set may be the first set to span several films though if our suspicions are true. And yes, I would rather the DA set focused on actual DA and then they do B&B as a separate set if including it in DA is at the expense of something like the Leaky Cauldron.

Edited by BacktoBricks

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

In HP or any theme?

I just meant in any theme in general, I forgot about the MilFal, but I was more referring to “normal”, non-D2C sets because they kinda make sense to have multiple films in 1 set, I just thought it’d be interesting for a Borgin and Burke’s set to be based on both HBP and CoS with the characters because it could be a cheap way to get Narcissa Malfoy outside of a Forbidden Forest/Malfoy manor set

speaking on Malfoy Manor, if we get that before a Wayne Manor I will be majorly annoyed ??

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

In HP or any theme? The UCS Falcon springs to mind as having characters from the OT and ST. But in HP no I don't think they have; the closest would of course be the new Privet Drive set technically containing Vernon, Petunia and Dudley in outfits from different films. I think the new DA set may be the first set to span several films though if our suspicions are true. And yes, I would rather the DA set focused on actual DA and then they do B&B as a separate set if including it in DA is at the expense of something like the Leaky Cauldron.

Technically the Hogwarts Express from 2010 included both the Flying Car and Luna Lovegood, but that's a fairly minor film crossover.  Personally, I really do want Borgin and Burke's.  My preferred buildings would be:

-Gringotts
-Ollivander's
-Flourish and Blott's
-Quality Quidditch Supplies
-Leaky Cauldron
-Borgin and Burke's

That may be unrealistic, but we'll see.  One reason I'd like Borgin and Burke's may be selfish, but it's so that there's no need for anyone to have the 2011 set anymore.