Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

But the fully grown mandrakes look like actual babies (they have a piece for that) these just look like tubes of nothingness

They can't attach a plant top to the baby's head, nor can one fit in one of those pots

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree. This is my dream set. But the etc here is very important to me! :head_back: It could mean the first ever LEGO unicorn! 

I highly doubt they'll include a unicorn if this scene gets translated into LEGO as we only see it's corpse

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They can't attach a plant top to the baby's head, nor can one fit in one of those pots

Whilst it’s true that they can’t attach it to the current baby head, they could easily make a new one, plus they could’ve just done 1 pot/cauldron that it would fit in, or not even include them which would’ve made more sense imo seen as the set is based on HBP ??‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I highly doubt they'll include a unicorn if this scene gets translated into LEGO as we only see it's corpse

You never know! They could be creative on the packaging so the centaur and Fang are protecting Harry, Draco, and the live unicorn from a cloaked Quirrel / Voldy. LEGO seems to be more open to including some darker elements in its themes lately. Look at the inclusion of the skeleton corpse of Sam Sinister in the new Haunted House set!

11 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst it’s true that they can’t attach it to the current baby head, they could easily make a new one, plus they could’ve just done 1 pot/cauldron that it would fit in, or not even include them which would’ve made more sense imo seen as the set is based on HBP ??‍♂️

I agree. LEGO is all about creativity. Who’s to say they couldn’t throw a new mandrake baby into the mix and just attach a little pumpkin leaf to its head instead of a full stem. They can always recolor a cauldron piece to be the pot. Never say never.

Talk of a mandrake baby mold has got me thinking more and more about the possible Cornish pixie element we could be getting in the CMF series if we get Professor Lockhart. What do folks think this element will look like? A baby mold with wings? An entirely new mold? A brick build? Personally, I’m hoping for a new mold. I want loads of these little blue suckers to fill the MOC Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom I’m working on.

Edited by sebastian666

39 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree. This is my dream set. But the etc here is very important to me! :head_back: It could mean the first ever LEGO unicorn! 

I would easily pay $30 or even $40 for a set with Harry, Draco, Fang, a unicorn, and Firenze, and another couple trees.  It would be a creature battle pack!

On 6/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, Micmac said:

The Burrow (custom)

While we wait for some new Harry Potter news here is my latest moc. I finished my custom Burrow. I actually really like the offical set but I can never leave the Harry Potter stuff alone. Blended two sets but it did need lots of extra bits to finish the roof and walls. Its fully enclosed, both sides open up on the ground floor and the side wall of the top sections. Interiors up on instagram @micmacpadwac

I just saw the new Super Mario line revealed and they have a blind bag series for it. If they release in august they surely would not have the Harry potter blind bag running at the same time. Hope it isn't delayed now :(

Oh wow, that's incredible! :wub: I've done something similar with mine, but trying to keep it as close to the size of the original set as possible due to lack of space. I really like how you've done the interior, it's definitely inspired me to change up the one on mine a lot more! 

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Talk of a mandrake baby mold has got me thinking more and more about the possible Cornish pixie element we could be getting in the CMF series if we get Professor Lockhart. What do folks think this element will look like? A baby mold with wings? An entirely new mold? A brick build? Personally, I’m hoping for a new mold. I want loads of these little blue suckers to fill the MOC Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom I’m working on.

I'd say either a modified baby mold or something in the vein of Baby Groot

Anyone else got a misprinted instruction booklet for the Astronomy Tower? Mine says Draco is in bag 5 instead of Luna and that no-one is in bag 6 instead of Draco ?

20 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Anyone else got a misprinted instruction booklet for the Astronomy Tower? Mine says Draco is in bag 5 instead of Luna and that no-one is in bag 6 instead of Draco ?

Same here but only on the page showing what's included in each bag, at the end of the instructions in the ''overview'' shot Luna is missing as well. 

Screenshot_176.png

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Same here but only on the page showing what's included in each bag, at the end of the instructions in the ''overview'' shot Luna is missing as well. 

In mine Luna is only missing on the "overview" shot. Plus I found it odd that both Draco and Luna don't have a wand, so I gave both of them one of the extras.

44 minutes ago, Salix said:

In mine Luna is only missing on the "overview" shot. Plus I found it odd that both Draco and Luna don't have a wand, so I gave both of them one of the extras.

What?! You have spare wands lying around? Well I never! ?

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

You never know! They could be creative on the packaging so the centaur and Fang are protecting Harry, Draco, and the live unicorn from a cloaked Quirrel / Voldy. LEGO seems to be more open to including some darker elements in its themes lately. Look at the inclusion of the skeleton corpse of Sam Sinister in the new Haunted House set!

A Cartoonish, over exaggerated skeleton has always been fine, just like fantasy/historical weapons have always been fine.

Meanwhile, in that specific scene they’re referencing, the unicorn is absolutely deceased.

Also, that would be a 9+ set, not an 18+ like the Haunted House lol

That’s my opinion though.

While I agree that a dead unicorn might be pushing it, I can still see Lego doing a set of that scene minus the corpse. With Harry, Draco, Firenze, the robed figure, and Fang. The only issue is that’s a tad minifigure heavy for a set with no obvious build choices - it’s not like the Aragog or Grawp sets where there’s a large creature build as the focal point. 

On an actual 2020 related note, now that the Star Wars advent calendar has been revealed, how long do you think it will be until we see the others? (I’m assuming that Harry Potter will be revealed with the non-licensed calendars since there are no regular sets left to be revealed with)

18 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

What?! You have spare wands lying around? Well I never! ?

Just a "few". :P

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

While I agree that a dead unicorn might be pushing it, I can still see Lego doing a set of that scene minus the corpse. With Harry, Draco, Firenze, the robed figure, and Fang. The only issue is that’s a tad minifigure heavy for a set with no obvious build choices - it’s not like the Aragog or Grawp sets where there’s a large creature build as the focal point. 

On an actual 2020 related note, now that the Star Wars advent calendar has been revealed, how long do you think it will be until we see the others? (I’m assuming that Harry Potter will be revealed with the non-licensed calendars since there are no regular sets left to be revealed with)

Expecto Patronum did not have any brickbuilt creatures tho, it had only 2 tress and 4 minfigures.

I could easily see a $30 set that includes 2 tress, with Harry, Draco, Firenze, Hagrid, Voldemort and Fang.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

22 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

A Cartoonish, over exaggerated skeleton has always been fine, just like fantasy/historical weapons have always been fine.

Meanwhile, in that specific scene they’re referencing, the unicorn is absolutely deceased.

Also, that would be a 9+ set, not an 18+ like the Haunted House lol

That’s my opinion though.

Haha very true. A boy can hope though!

Based on the success of the LEGO Harry Potter line, I can see it continuing for several more years with releases in the same general formula (castle sets, modular building sets, vehicle sets, forest sets) as we have seen for the last three series. That means we could have a few more Forbidden Forest sets coming down the line.

I think a set similar to the final forest scene set (4865 w Narcissa, Hagrid, Harry, and Voldy) is almost guaranteed. I think a forest set with Luna, Harry, an adult thestral and a baby thestral is also likely given Luna’s popularity. Some version of the scene with Draco, Harry, and Fang would be my favorite though. Are there any other iconic forest scenes I am forgetting? 

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Expecto Patronum did not have any brickbuilt creatures tho, it had only 2 tress and 4 minfigures.

I could easily see a $30 set that includes 2 tress, with Harry, Draco, Firenze, Hagrid, Voldemort and Fang.

They could even have 1 less figure and get rid of Draco seen as he had actually ran off at that point (I know he comes back with Hagrid, but I could see him not being in that figurative set)

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Are there any other iconic forest scenes I am forgetting? 

They could always do a remake of 4750 (Draco’s Encounter with Buckbeak) or do another one for the snowball fight from the same movie, though I’m not sure if that second one was actually in the Forbidden Forest. The first would certainly be a cheaper way to get Buckbeak which I’m more than welcome to :laugh:

Holy cow, just had a look at the Burrow on Lego.com and it has 1047 pieces, the Astronomy Tower has 971, how big is that house?! I’m honestly in love with it and cannot wait to buy it, wish the AT was exclusive instead, would rather have the Burrow rn (prefer the figures and I’ve always wanted a Burrow set so dream come true seen as I wasn’t into Lego when the first one came around)

Just now, Holden Brickfield said:

They could always do a remake of 4750 (Draco’s Encounter with Buckbeak) or do another one for the snowball fight from the same movie, though I’m not sure if that second one was actually in the Forbidden Forest. The first would certainly be a cheaper way to get Buckbeak which I’m more than welcome to :laugh:

The snowball fight was in front of the Shrieking Shack, nowhere near the FF, closest tree is the Willow ??

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

The snowball fight was in front of the Shrieking Shack, nowhere near the FF, closest tree is the Willow ??

Hah, fair enough, OP did only ask for forest scenes in general, so I’d say it still fits in those parameters. After all, tree builds (which the hypothetical set would most certainly have) are still tree builds no matter what forest they belong to :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Draco’s encounter with Buckbeak is a really good idea. The snowball fight was in Hogsmeade, though. The other scene I’m thinking of is when Hagrid takes Madam Maxime and Mad Eye Moody into that clearing in the forest to see the dragons for the tournament and Harry is in his invisibility cloak. It would be a way for LEGO to redeem itself with a new dragon build after that ghastly bird of prey they tried to pass off as a Hungarian Horntail.

Hah, fair enough, OP did only ask for forest scenes in general, so I’d say it still fits in those parameters. After all, tree builds (which the hypothetical set would most certainly have) are still tree builds no matter what forest they belong to :shrug_oh_well:

Whilst I agree that OP did ask for forest scenes, a single tree doesn’t make a forest and the Willow is still far away from that scene, they fight in Hogsmeade, the only reason I even mentioned the Willow is because of the underground passage from that to the Shrieking Shack ?

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Draco’s encounter with Buckbeak is a really good idea. The snowball fight was in Hogsmeade, though. The other scene I’m thinking of is when Hagrid takes Madam Maxime and Mad Eye Moody into that clearing in the forest to see the dragons for the tournament and Harry is in his invisibility cloak. It would be a way for LEGO to redeem itself with a new dragon build after that ghastly bird of prey they tried to pass off as a Hungarian Horntail.

I doubt we’ll see another dragon in this theme unless it’s the one from Gringotts in a DH based set, I would like small sets for the other 3 champions though, I know you don’t actually see them fight their dragons but would still be cool af

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

a single tree doesn’t make a forest and the Willow is still far away from that scene,

Ah, sorry, my bad, my tree build comment wasn’t referring to the Willow—if you go back and look at the scene in question, while they are near the Shrieking Shack, they are indeed in a forested area, that’s what I was referring to

Ah, sorry, my bad, my tree build comment wasn’t referring to the Willow—if you go back and look at the scene in question, while they are near the Shrieking Shack, they are indeed in a forested area, that’s what I was referring to

Ah, I get you, that never made much sense to me because every time you see the Willow it’s in a different place, sometimes surrounded by trees, sometimes not surrounded by trees ??, I guess that’s what happens when you have multiple different directors ??

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I doubt we’ll see another dragon in this theme unless it’s the one from Gringotts in a DH based set, I would like small sets for the other 3 champions though, I know you don’t actually see them fight their dragons but would still be cool af

I tend to agree, but then again I never thought we would get two Ford Anglias either :laugh:. I think we’ll probably see the Ukrainian Ironbelly before we see another Hungarian Horntail, but a dragon based set for each of the champions would be amazing. Even though we don’t see them in their challenge against the actual dragons, we see the miniature dragons they each pull out of Barty Crouch’s bag so there is cannon design LEGO could base each dragon off of.

two Ford Anglias

Don’t get me started on that, 2 Anglias, no Twins ??

I think we’ll probably see the Ukrainian Ironbelly before we see another Hungarian Horntail

I 100% agree, I really hope we get the Ironbelly because it would make for a great set, especially if the DA includes a highly detailed Gringotts, you could even have him bursting out of the roof like in the film

Even though we don’t see them in their challenge against the actual dragons, we see the miniature dragons they each pull out of Barty Crouch’s bag so there is cannon design LEGO could base each dragon off of.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, would be so cool, I’m disappointed we didn’t get small dragons in the set to symbolise the 4 model dragons, although I guess it would’ve been difficult to make them accurate

anyone who has both the Burrow and Astronomy Tower, can you tell me (or better, post a photo) how big is the Burrow compared to the Tower, because the same price but the Burrow has more pieces, yet irl it would be a lot shorter than the Castle (as would Grawp who is definitely not lmao)

I have a random question: it might be me, but when I was building the Room of Requirement...the instructions asked to insert the gate piece into the hole of the door. For some strange reason, I couldn't insert it from one of the sides ...but when I flipped the door and tried that side, the gates went in easily! I recall these gates have always been able to be inserted either side. Just curious if this is a me thing!