Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't say that it will happen. I'm saying we can't rule out a possibility like that, even if the chances of this possibility happening are almost zero. 

350.png

Usually I would say it's only possible in the sense that it's not logically impossible because it doesn't contradict itself, but you could argue that there is such a contradiction to be found here.

• We know for a fact that the set is much larger than its precursor (2.5 times the price, so roughly twice as large if we account for inflation).
  • At the same time, a microscale DA demands the buildings to be smaller than the ones found in the 2011 set, which were minifigscale. If they're the same size as before or even larger, it's obviously minifigscale and not microscale, which is a contradiction.
  • If they're smaller, they use fewer pieces, thus requiring a larger amount of buildings. The amount of well-known shops we actually see on-screen is rather limited. The set would basically just be an expansion of the GWP with a lot more shops, which is very unrealistic.

The only other option I could think of that is neither minifig- nor microscale would be a forced-perspective sort of thing, like a three-dimensional painting. That'd be extremely niche for a 400$ set though :tongue:

9 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Whomping Willow: Potions classroom, Potions Store room, Snape’s office

Great Hall: random little potions room

Astronomy Tower: viaduct entrance is another potions classroom, Slugglrn’s office

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We’ve gotten one classroom in the Whomping Willow, but then there was another section of the same size for Snape’s office. Then there’s the empty room in the Great Hall with the cauldron which I consider an extension of the classroom, the Viaduct Entrance in the Astronomoy Tower has another potions classroom, and then there’s also Slughorn’s office in that set. 

Yeah, I guess I need to get either my eyes checked or my mind...I thought that stuff in the AT on the ground floor was party related, but then I saw the book upon closer inspection. I guess the room in the GH is open to interpretation. It doesn’t seem like a classroom to me. I’m actually thinking about putting the bookshelf from the Student Pack in there, making it more of an overflow of supplies room. 

We definitely have two Potions room though. The downside to Hogwarts having trouble keeping staff...a set with (early years) Snape makes sense. As does a set with Slughorn. 

3 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah, I guess I need to get either my eyes checked or my mind...I thought that stuff in the AT on the ground floor was party related, but then I saw the book upon closer inspection. I guess the room in the GH is open to interpretation. It doesn’t seem like a classroom to me. I’m actually thinking about putting the bookshelf from the Student Pack in there, making it more of an overflow of supplies room. 

We definitely have two Potions room though. The downside to Hogwarts having trouble keeping staff...a set with (early years) Snape makes sense. As does a set with Slughorn. 

Yeah, I’m usually not one for customizing small bits in a set like changing some interiors. When I customize I usually go crazy (for example, I made the 3 floor Avengers Tower into a 10 story one), but with the Astronomy Tower I’m definitely gonna swap out the door frames and 2x2 round bricks with holes and I’ll probably end up modifying the interiors of some castle sections because I definitely don’t need so many potions rooms. 

21 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I’m usually not one for customizing small bits in a set like changing some interiors. When I customize I usually go crazy (for example, I made the 3 floor Avengers Tower into a 10 story one), but with the Astronomy Tower I’m definitely gonna swap out the door frames and 2x2 round bricks with holes and I’ll probably end up modifying the interiors of some castle sections because I definitely don’t need so many potions rooms. 

You don't even have to swap the door frames for anything. The model is stable without them and looks much improved. I only put another one of those tan columns where the door frame used to separate the two little areas of the astronomy level.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's always a chance, Lego did weirder things before.

I'll eat a minifigure if it's micro-scale, lol. I can see it being larger than minifig scale (like the Star Wars UCS ships), but that also seems pretty unlikely to me if they really want to capture more of DA than the old $150 set.

My Zavvi order got here today, all three set boxes look to be in good shape! Took less than a week to get here and everything looks great so I’ll be keeping Zavvi in mind for the future 

1 hour ago, Mariella said:

You don't even have to swap the door frames for anything. The model is stable without them and looks much improved. I only put another one of those tan columns where the door frame used to separate the two little areas of the astronomy level.

Haha, I think not having any door frames would upset my mind’s desire to leave official sets as unchanged as possible, but I also kind of want to cover up the open side of the tower so perhaps my mind will have to shut up with this one! 

2 hours ago, Mariella said:

@Mariella I’m planning to do the exact same thing, but I don’t have an extra tan column. What are those tan columns called? Did you have to order an extra one from BrickLink or did you just have them in your parts collection? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Lol I thought it was a room for the party too until I read the Lego.com description

12 hours ago, Rosie99 said:

How long after a set is released does the price go down? If we are starting at £400, what's the lowest it'll get? How long before it gets discontinued?

It’s $400 not £400, so would be about £350, like the Hogwarts Castle. We could get lucky and it’s less, but let’s go with £350.

It will be a Lego.com exclusive for at least several months, then will be a John Lewis and maybe Smyths exclusive too. Probably will never be sold elsewhere.

Hogwarts Castle dropped down to £300 for by the looks of it the first time in March 2019, roughly 6 months after release. It did this a couple of times with JL and Smyths price matching each other, several months apart. They’d both have been “be in the right place at the right time, and ready with your card details” type deals - blink and it’s gone.

Cheapest it ever went was £280 on Black Friday and then £263 (using a generic £10 off voucher) a few weeks later. These were even more “get it quick” deals.

It’s gone for £300 about once since. In total it’s gone to £300 and below only about five times.

Basically - there’s an off-chance of a £300 sale sometime in the first half of 2021 if you’re lucky enough to grab one. It’ll maybe get a little more discounted on Black Friday 2021. That’ll be pretty much it.

Youll be waiting a while and not even guaranteed to get it - it may be better to wait for a 10% VIP points offer, as it’s then around £15 more than the £300 and maybe even get a free gift with it. That’s my take anyway :)

Edited by sammy_zammy

My Burrow came in this morning and I just absolutely adore it. Love the colors and the size and the overall accuracy to source material. What I’d probably criticize is the pink wall in Ginny’s room (she doesn’t really strike me as the kind of character who would go with that), and the minifigures, but that’s been discussed here multiple times. I did, however, have a Qi’ra minifigure from one of the Solo sets on hand, so I could switch out Tonks’ hairpiece, to something far more accurate IMO

2B1B2627-49A0-4DFB-8F4D-60FA3A103F51.jpeg.8270de9e57b943a0f0223daf61c105c5.jpeg

2 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I did, however, have a Qi’ra minifigure from one of the Solo sets on hand, so I could switch out Tonks’ hairpiece, to something far more accurate IMO

Looks good! Kinda bugs me that even though she got an exclusive face print, it has that generic cartoony CMF style and does not look like the actress at all. I love it when they manage to capture their most prominent features. 

26 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Looks good! Kinda bugs me that even though she got an exclusive face print, it has that generic cartoony CMF style and does not look like the actress at all. I love it when they manage to capture their most prominent features. 

Yeah, Tonks deserves a cocky smirk

16 hours ago, PotterMinifigPals said:

I just went to check the height of the Astronomy Tower and noticed that The Room of Requirement and Forbidden Forest have gone up for sale of the Australian Lego Shop at Home.

Who knows when the Burrow or Student Pack goes up at this rate...

https://www.lego.com/en-au/themes/harry-potter

IKR. Been waiting for them to come out for a while. Although I really want the student pack because I have already bought the FF and ROR from the LLDC

I can't wait for the DA pictures to come out so we can put the microscale/ minifig scale debate to rest for once and for all! :wub:

Just picked up all the new sets except the Burrow, will be excited to build them on my day off tomorrow (except Hedwig which I’ll probably do tonight), managed to get the Grawp set for less than £20 too so bonus!!

1 hour ago, Tommy9 said:

IKR. Been waiting for them to come out for a while. Although I really want the student pack because I have already bought the FF and ROR from the LLDC

By the looks of things The Burrow must have gone up today cause I checked this afternoon and it's all gone. Only the student pack left, I hope it comes soon I want that Marauders Map 

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Выглядит хорошо! В некотором роде меня обижает то, что, несмотря на то, что она получила эксклюзивный отпечаток лица, она имеет общий мультяшный стиль CMF и совсем не похожа на актрису. Мне нравится, когда им удается запечатлеть свои самые выдающиеся черты. 

Face Tonks is face Wonder Woman 

Whilst I don’t see it being Microscale at all, I would be very happy if it is, because it would mean I wouldn’t have to buy it because ew to Microscale ??

8 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

My Burrow came in this morning and I just absolutely adore it. Love the colors and the size and the overall accuracy to source material. What I’d probably criticize is the pink wall in Ginny’s room (she doesn’t really strike me as the kind of character who would go with that)

I remember Ginny being enamored with the (very pink) Pygmy Puffs at WWW and begging her mum for one. I think she is supposed to be a "girly girl" and a tomboy/sports enthusiast at the same time so I actually think her room is spot-on, too.

Can anyone remind me when the book that comes w/ Tom Riddle will be coming out? I believe I've seen July and September on here. Sorry for being forgetful!