Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Why is the scale still being discussed? *huh*We’ve been over this countless times, a microscale set simply makes no sense. A microscale set that costs 400$ must depict something huge, like a castle with tall towers, a flying carrier or a giant spaceship. DA is anything but huge, it’s just a bunch of buildings with 2 or 3 stories. To me, saying that DA could be microscale is like saying the next modular building could be microscale while still being 180$ :head_back:

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

We’ve only gotten the one Potions classroom, in the Willow. If I’m not mistaken, that’s Slughorn’s office in the AT. Or am I misremembering where the hourglass is? 

Whomping Willow: Potions classroom, Potions Store room, Snape’s office

Great Hall: random little potions room

Astronomy Tower: viaduct entrance is another potions classroom, Slugglrn’s office

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Why is the scale still being discussed? *huh*We’ve been over this countless times, a microscale set simply makes no sense. A microscale set that costs 400$ must depict something huge, like a castle with tall towers, a flying carrier or a giant spaceship. DA is anything but huge, it’s just a bunch of buildings with 2 or 3 stories. To me, saying that DA could be microscale is like saying the next modular building could be microscale while still being 180$ :head_back:

Same, I assume they really want that huge chunk of London with it? :P

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Being a bit lazy, hoping someone remembers off the top of their head... What was the general consensus on schools years and legs? Was it 1-2 Short, 3-4 Mid and 5-7 Long? Just trying to figure out if it will be much effort getting them all to the right sizes! :-)

Also, does anyone have any particular educated guesses based on experience how many pieces the D2C might be? I tried working it out, but looking at past sets The Joker Manor is 3.4k pieces and was $400 AUD But the Death Star is $800 AUD (double the price) for 3.6k pieces. The Microscale Hogwarts is I think about the price of what the Diagon Alley will be, and that has 6,000 pieces. Although I assume pretty small pieces. Lol. I'm thinking maybe 4,500 to 5,000, but wondering if anyone more clued on has a better estimate! :-D

Assembly Square is 4002 pieces and costs €260 so a DA of €400 ought to be more pieces even if you consider the license.

Edited by Salix

How long after a set is released does the price go down? If we are starting at £400, what's the lowest it'll get? How long before it gets discontinued?

Just now, Rosie99 said:

How long after a set is released does the price go down? If we are starting at £400, what's the lowest it'll get? How long before it gets discontinued?

If it’s on the Lego s@h and you’re referring to the D2C, it won’t be £400, more like £350 same as Hogwarts Castle, and that is still full price

32 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Was it already posted here? The new Advent Calendar? 

Yup, a couple of weeks ago :wink:

31 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

Depends on the set. If a set sells very poorly (like Queen Whatevra Wannabe's palace) discounts can go up to 50%, any higher rarely happens. With a D2C it usually takes a fairly long time for it to go on discount (not counting double VIP points) and the discounts usually aren't that high. 

Edited by Guyon2002

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I know you (and probably everyone here) desperately don't want it to be microscale, but there's still a chance. A really small chance, but it's still a possibility that we can't just rule out before we see the set itself or get some concrete information. 

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know you (and probably everyone here) desperately don't want it to be microscale, but there's still a chance. A really small chance, but it's still a possibility that we can't just rule out before we see the set itself or get some concrete information. 

It’s not that I don’t want it to be anything but minifig scale, I’d buy that set either way, it’s just that it doesn’t make any sense :wink: I’m still waiting for someone to describe what a 400$ microscale DA would look like. Look at it this way: you say it’s possible that the buildings are significantly smaller than the ones in the 2011 DA yet the set as a whole is 2.5 times as large? That would only work if every single canonical shop is included and then some

1 hour ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Was it already posted here? The new Advent Calendar?

It has been discussed, and I think it's still a leak, so I have to remove the video. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that though?

They’ve literally done Diagon Alley in microscale for the promotional set in 2018. You can’t seriously believe they’d do another one? 

20 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It has been discussed, and I think it's still a leak, so I have to remove the video. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that though?

You're completely right, it's a leak

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Thanks. Sorry for posting.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but with the introduction of the new centaur body and leg piece, does anyone else hope for a few Lego sets based of The Chronicles of Narnia? After all there's already a faun leg piece as well. I just don't know if Lego make sets based off books, plus the films are a bit old to start making sets off now.

13 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but with the introduction of the new centaur body and leg piece, does anyone else hope for a few Lego sets based of The Chronicles of Narnia? After all there's already a faun leg piece as well. I just don't know if Lego make sets based off books, plus the films are a bit old to start making sets off now.

Lego Narnia is something that I would have loved as a child - now I don't think there are that many sets that could really be done that aren't very similar to sets from other themes e.g. the Dawn Treader is another large ship, the centaurs would be the same as in HP etc - so I'm not super interested in it being made as a theme. And I don't think it would get made even if the films were current because there is too much Christian controversy that goes along with the books. What I do think is great is that those who want to make Narnia MOCs now have both the fawn legs and centaur pieces to work with.

23 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Well Netflix is making movies and series for Narnia, so if Lego buys a license for that, it might be a possibility. A Lego Ideas set could also happen, but I don't the introduction of Cenatur leg piece increases our chances of getting it.

This is really off-topic tho.

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I love your setup! I’ve always loved the older castle sets because the 2010 Harry Potter wave is what properly got me into LEGO (bolstered by Pirates of the Caribbean the next year)! I’ve also never been too bothered about the interiors in the new castle sets- yes, the bare rooms in the Great Hall were lacking and we’ve gotten way too many potions rooms, but I appreciate the different things they’re cramming in! 

Ahah, proud to say I have almost all the POTC sets as well, except Black Pearl which turned out to be a huge mistake given it’s by far the most valuable nowadays ? With regards to the interiors, I’ve got 2 Dumbledores offices now but could always make one McGonnagals, and I mostly want a dormitory for all the houses, and maybe the library which would be good. 

13 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

This looks amazing! Honestly way better than I expected, considering the differences in roof colors. I really hope we get a set next year consisting of the towers/bridge that sit around the clock tower in your pic.

Some people were complaining about the sand green roofs on the astronomy tower but honestly I’m glad they did it as it helps blend the new sets with the old ones, and I agree it looks much better than first expected! And selfishly I hope we don’t, cause I won’t have anywhere to put them!

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If that's the case, then please explain how in Merlin's name they could possibly design a DA set at the same nanoscale as 71043 (which, reminder, is a SMALLER scale than that of the GWP) and have it be $400, or, heck, more than $50.

47 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I don't really care too much for Narnia, but I'd definitely love to see these pieces if they ever made sets based on the Percy Jackson series, and, seeing as how there is a Disney+ series in the works, I think that license has a better chance than Narnia in the current climate. Anyway, back to HP!

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

If that's the case, then please explain how in Merlin's name they could possibly design a DA set at the same nanoscale as 71043 (which, reminder, is a SMALLER scale than that of the GWP) and have it be $400, or, heck, more than $50.

Aren't 71043 and the GWP in a similar scale though? They're both somewhat in scale with nanofigs or am I missing something? :classic: BTW, is "microscale" the official term anyway? In a way, "nanoscale" would be more appropriate since these sets (Hogwarts, the Helicarrier, the Rexcelsior etc) are in scale with nanofigs, but then again, "nanoscale" is often used to describe even smaller builds like the advent calendar stuff or the Architecture skyline sets. Hm, I think the real problem is actually the term "nanofig", which was only introduced because the name "microfig" was already taken thanks to the board game figures. Can't we just rename "nanofigs" to "microfigs" and the previous "microfigs" to "board game figs"? They don't really exist any more anyway :tongue:

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Honestly, I both agree & disagree with this. While it’s early in this revival, I would certainly liked to have the more important stuff first. At the same time, getting something brand new to the line is refreshing & welcomed. 

We’ve only gotten the one Potions classroom, in the Willow. If I’m not mistaken, that’s Slughorn’s office in the AT. Or am I misremembering where the hourglass is? 

We’ve gotten one classroom in the Whomping Willow, but then there was another section of the same size for Snape’s office. Then there’s the empty room in the Great Hall with the cauldron which I consider an extension of the classroom, the Viaduct Entrance in the Astronomoy Tower has another potions classroom, and then there’s also Slughorn’s office in that set. 

13 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Where can one from the US buy the Burrow?

I got mine from brickshop.eu, along with some other Americans here that have gotten the new sets

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I don't say that it will happen. I'm saying we can't rule out a possibility like that, even if the chances of this possibility happening are almost zero. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't say that it will happen. I'm saying we can't rule out a possibility like that, even if the chances of this possibility happening are almost zero. 

I agree. There’s probably a 99.99% chance it will be system scale but that doesn’t mean we can pretend the other .01% doesn’t exist