Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The only thing I disliked about the carriage was the the price. The carriage itself looks nice, is a good build and has good parts.

38 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

I feel like people are a bit harsh on the beauxbatons carriage. I got the set over the Christmas break and I loved it. All four figs are exclusive and great, the carriage looks great and is really fun to play with. It opens up really nicely and the interior is simplistic, but complete and has lots of play room. I wasn’t on the forum  last year, but I like it when Lego does sets that didn’t appear in the original waves of sets so I thought it was creative not just to go back to the Ship or merpeople. Apart from it being $10 to expensive and coming after a carriage the year before, I was wondering why so many people seem to dislike it so much.

The carriage was one of those sets that was unexpected and I think it got some negativity straight away because of the price, plus a lot of AFOLS probably can't fully appreciate the play aspect of the set which is actually very clever if simplistic inside. That said, I really love it as a display piece. I have added extra horses, but it's a very majestic looking set either way. I would love a Durmstrang ship or merpeople set, but I'm not at all unhappy that Lego made the carriage.

I actually think there's nothing wrong with the Carriage's price. The average PPR of non-licensed themes would already put this set at 43 $/euro and we got 2 large creatures, 1 large figure, 3 other exclusive figures, some larger pieces and a lot of recolors in this set. Sure I'd love to see all sets cheaper but compared to other sets the price for the Carriage was really good.

1 hour ago, Tommy9 said:

I feel like people are a bit harsh on the beauxbatons carriage. I got the set over the Christmas break and I loved it. All four figs are exclusive and great, the carriage looks great and is really fun to play with. It opens up really nicely and the interior is simplistic, but complete and has lots of play room. I wasn’t on the forum  last year, but I like it when Lego does sets that didn’t appear in the original waves of sets so I thought it was creative not just to go back to the Ship or merpeople. Apart from it being $10 to expensive and coming after a carriage the year before, I was wondering why so many people seem to dislike it so much.

Yes it’s a lovely looking set and is very unique. But you exactly answered your own question about the issue many people have with it - it’s too expensive. Just because people have an issue with the price doesn’t mean they don’t like the set - but price is one of the most (if not the most) important factor when choosing something to buy.

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I actually think there's nothing wrong with the Carriage's price. The average PPR of non-licensed themes would already put this set at 43 $/euro and we got 2 large creatures, 1 large figure, 3 other exclusive figures, some larger pieces and a lot of recolors in this set. Sure I'd love to see all sets cheaper but compared to other sets the price for the Carriage was really good.

That is very true. But I don’t feel having e.g. large creatures makes me able to justify the price when considering what you actually get. Sure, it makes it justifiable on Lego’s end as to why they priced it like that, but as a consumer, I don’t buy based on the number of creatures, I buy based on whether what I see overall is worth the cost!

I don’t know why I’m complaining tbh lol, I never buy HP Lego at full price anyway and it’s well worth £30 when it next comes down to that. I guess it’s just I feel the other sets are More worth the full price - the only thing stopping me buying them at full price is just the knowledge that it’ll be cheaper if I wait it out.

Edited by sammy_zammy

15 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Prices for the carriage varies by region. At 60 Euro the price for the carriage is not good, it's really bad.

Wasn’t the FB Thestral carriage stupidly expensive in Euros too?

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yes, 30 euros at a local toysrus... crazy!

47 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yeah the Carriage was ridiculously overpriced, I wouldn't give it any more than 20 euro (which is what I ended up paying for it)

1 hour ago, AdriWho said:

Yes, 30 euros at a local toysrus... crazy!

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah the Carriage was ridiculously overpriced, I wouldn't give it any more than 20 euro (which is what I ended up paying for it)

Thought so. I got it for £10 plus postage from someone with a BrickLink sale, although could’ve got it for just £10 from a UK shop that was entering administration and had 50% off all Lego (and annoyingly I skipped on on Christmas Day last year - they had Newt’s Case, Thestral carriage, Beauxbatons carriage, Expecto Patronum and Hungarian Horntail online - because I wasn’t sure lol)

Edited by sammy_zammy

3 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

I really loved the carriage, the four minifigs and the new hat hair combo was awesome and the play feature of it turning into tea room and a bed room was really nice. It’s a cool set but kind of unnecessary at the same time.  I honestly would of preferred getting the Merpeople. Is it less creative? Sure but being a big GOF fan, I really want to have all three tasks, that seems more important to me than either the Dumstrang Boat or Beauxbaton’s Carriage that just showed up for a scene of two. It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s prioritizing what sets should of been made first and are key to the film. 

Edited by RODDY

6 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I really loved the carriage, the four minifigs and the new hat hair combo was awesome and the play feature of it turning into tea room and a bed room was really nice. It’s a cool set but kind of unnecessary at the same time.  I honestly would of preferred getting the Merpeople. Is it less creative? Sure but being a big GOF fan, I really want to have all three tasks, that seems more important to me than either the Dumstrang Boat or Beauxbaton’s Carriage that just showed up for a scene of two. It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s prioritizing what sets should of been made first and are key to the film. 

I actually believe they sometimes skip key scenes because they don't want to endanger future waves. And I guess Lego loves vehicles :laugh:

7 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I completely agree, even as someone who dislikes the Goblet of Fire movie (the book is better) and prefers Prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince.  The Carriage without the Durmstrang Ship makes little sense to me.  Even if the LEGO designers hoped that some fans might have the 14-year-old Durmstrang Ship, which is a ridiculous expectation, that set is long-outmoded, anyway.  Similarly, having the Hungarian Horntail without Merpeople seems silly to me.  Sure, we'll probably get both of those sets eventually, but it does seem like very poor prioritization.  As beautiful as the Carriage set is, I hated the characterization of the Beauxbatons in the movie, so it was a tough sell for me, even when I bought it for $40 US.  And...clearly we've run out of 2020 news, LOL.

Falconfan posted a picture of Dumbledore and Lucius on his story. I'm not exactly sure what it means (if it actually means anything) but adjusting the brightness etc I'm 99% the Malfoy figure is the same as the old one

4 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Brick shop delivers to the US right? Also is the shipping quicker than that of Bricklink?

They do, otherwise no American here would've ordered sets from there. Shipping depends on what you're paying for it but I would suggest counting on a longer shipping time with the current state of the world. 

46 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan posted a picture of Dumbledore and Lucius on his story. I'm not exactly sure what it means (if it actually means anything) but adjusting the brightness etc I'm 99% the Malfoy figure is the same as the old one

I also wonder if this should be a hint towards the upcoming stuff ?

48 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just now, 8fifty said:

I also wonder if this should be a hint towards the upcoming stuff ?

I say we ask him ?☺️ @Falconfan1414

A new Lucius will almost certainly be coming in Diagon Alley, regardless.  As for Dumbledore...I really wonder if we’ll be getting that Ministry battle set after all.  

If I had to guess, it means that we'll be getting new versions of both Richard Harris' Dumbledore and Lucius Malfoy later this year. We already know that Dumbledore is coming in CMF S2, and Lucius having a differently-coloured toytag implies to me that he'll be coming in a different set, most likely Diagon Alley. At least, that's what I figure.

Was looking for a gift for a friends kid and saw the new Batman Duplo sets, which looks awesome. With DC this year and Jurasic Park last, do you think we'll ever see Harry Potter Duplo? A lot of us that grew up with the books are becoming parents right about now, and considering how nostalgic my generation is there should be a market. 

12 minutes ago, FrkW said:

Was looking for a gift for a friends kid and saw the new Batman Duplo sets, which looks awesome. With DC this year and Jurasic Park last, do you think we'll ever see Harry Potter Duplo? A lot of us that grew up with the books are becoming parents right about now, and considering how nostalgic my generation is there should be a market. 

There isn't really a pattern of which licensed themes get Duplo sets and which don't so we really don't know. But given LEGO's target audience for this theme is a little older than usual for licensed themes and the story gets pretty dark in some areas I would say the chances of HP Duplo sets are rather slim. 

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

For the US people who have received their Brickshop orders, did you choose PostNL shipping or DHL Express shipping? Thanks! 

I went with DHL Express, and as an update for my order, bought it late last Tuesday, and I think it should be here tomorrow, so not too long for shipping

28 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

For the US people who have received their Brickshop orders, did you choose PostNL shipping or DHL Express shipping? Thanks! 

DHL Express