Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Falconfan usually made this type of countdown whenever a new leak had shown up, right? We should definitely keep our expectations in check, but this does sound exciting :moar:

2 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

Yep, I'm waiting for Falconfan's countdown myself...maybe it has to do with US Dates?

I hope not, that's not really countdown-worthy material :laugh:

11 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Is Zavvi safe and reliable? I cant wait for the sets until August or September.

Actually nevermind, the site don’t look trustworthy after reading some reviews.

Zavvi is great and is part of The Hut Group, a huge group of UK retailers. It’s fine.

Ugh now I'm getting excited for DA news :pir-bawling:

Edit: Looks like I was right! He just posted DA coming Sep. 2020, $399

Edited by Modal

I swear to God, if the announcement is an imminent US release date, I'm going to hate myself for cheaping out and ordering sets without minifigures...

It's...a Diagon Alley confirmation that we already knew about?

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It's a (re-)confirmation of the set number, the price tag, the release date and that it's (probably) minifig-scale :shrug_oh_well:

Actually, the "probably" is a bit concerning to me.  If it's microscale, I think they're going to lose a lot of sales.  Not trying to reopen the same can of worms, just saying...

Just now, RogueTwo said:

It's...a Diagon Alley confirmation that we already knew about? 

Ignoring Kingnono, was DA itself ever confirmed? It was highly likely but never actually confirmed by anyone

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It's a (re-)confirmation of the set number, the price tag, the release date and that it's (probably) minifig-scale :shrug_oh_well:

Not really sure what the point of that was ...

I was hoping for a bit more info but I guess it’s nice to finally see it confirmed.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

Actually, the "probably" is a bit concerning to me.  If it's microscale, I think they're going to lose a lot of sales.  Not trying to reopen the same can of worms, just saying...

Personally, since I would use this set as more of a show piece, I don't mind either way. But I totally understand why minifig would be preferred. At least if it's microscale we would get to cover a lot of the alley.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Not really sure what the point of that was ...

To prove that 75978 was DA all along and not a mystery set as suggested by a certain someone :wink:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

To prove that 75978 was DA all along and not a mystery set as suggested by a certain someone :wink:

Yes, but it's all been said before. And writing it down on an IG post doesn't confirm anything as we all know. :wink: It's just a matter of who you trust.

Edited by BacktoBricks

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, such a big of an announcement

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People thought 75978 wasn’t the d2c or diagon ally so 

I myself appreciate the confirmation, I was concerned we weren't going to be seeing Diagon Alley at all this year! 

3 minutes ago, OneThousand said:

I myself appreciate the confirmation, I was concerned we weren't going to be seeing Diagon Alley at all this year! 

Same here haha, especially considering there was a whole discussion on here last week about what it could be other than DA :laugh:

I could've done without this ''reveal'', nothing new here except for reconfirmation of something we've known for months now

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Same here haha, especially considering there was a whole discussion on here last week about what it could be other than DA :laugh:

That’s part of the reason the post happened. People were so confused. It’s all just confirmation 

Quick update for the US folks ordering from abroad:

I ordered the Forbidden Forest centaurs set from Brickshop on Tuesday 6/9 and it just arrived. Looks amazing!

I ordered the Room of Requirement and the Hedwig set on the same day from Steinchenwelt and it is scheduled for delivery on Monday 6/15.

And I ordered the Astronomy Tower from Zavvi yesterday (after canceling an overpriced eBay order) and it’s already shipped.

Also big thank you to @Falconfan1414 for confirming the good news about the D2C Diagon Alley set! Can’t wait to see some pics!