Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but if it changed from "August 1st" to "Coming Soon" that makes me think that it's delayed. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have a new release date?

Not sure, but when the Hogwarts Student Pack was listed on LEGO Shop as “Coming Soon,” it was available the next day. 

On the other hand, the new Hidden Side have been listed as “Coming Soon” for some time, so who knows?

16 minutes ago, Modal said:

Are there any ideas of when the D2C set is going to be announced? What was the timeline like in 2018 for Hogwarts?

The set was revealed July 25th and went on sale for VIPs in August 15th. The only thing that leaked before the reveal was one (?) bag of the nanofigures revealing that it was microscale, and then one tiny corner of the box leaked the day before the reveal I think. I’d guess Diagon Alley will be announced around the same time, mid-to end of July. 

Looks like some other sets which had release dates also say "Coming Soon" on shop.lego.com, like the Razor Crest.

I spoke with a LEGO Store employee who actually seems really knowledgeable (but take it with a grain of salt).  They said that August releases may get pushed back to September, and the US should expect at least a one-to-two-month delay until future sets become readily available, even from LEGO.com, for the rest of the year.  :cry_sad:

I'm ordering from Brickshop.eu.  I can't wait until September.

Can't find the post but someone mentioned that Bricks and Pieces is back up (at least in the UK). You can get Luna's hare patronus on it. I also ordered the legs, torso and head piece for the golden statue of the architect from the Advent Calender (unfortunately they don't have the gold beard on it).

What's the cheapest way to get the Astronomy Tower in the US?  I've tried brickshop but their shipping is nearly half the price of the set. Some  people here have gotten theirs without paying much more than the US retail price and I'd like to know how. 

1 minute ago, MaxHeadroom said:

What's the cheapest way to get the Astronomy Tower in the US?  I've tried brickshop but their shipping is nearly half the price of the set. Some  people here have gotten theirs without paying much more than the US retail price and I'd like to know how. 

Brickshop is really only worth it if you're buying multiple sets, because the shipping cost barely goes up.
Zavvi US is probably the best deal for the Astronomy Tower.  I have no idea how reliable they are, though.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Brickshop is really only worth it if you're buying multiple sets, because the shipping cost barely goes up.
Zavvi US is probably the best deal for the Astronomy Tower.  I have no idea how reliable they are, though.

I just purchased 4 sets from Zavvi (for the 1st time), so I'll keep this thread updated.  I think it said 2-4 days for delivery, but I could be wrong.

Shipping was $9.99 total (plus USA sales tax) for:

Room of Requirement

Privet drive

Grawp set

Jurassic baby dinos set

2 minutes ago, teos said:

I just purchased 4 sets from Zavvi (for the 1st time), so I'll keep this thread updated.  I think it said 2-4 days for delivery, but I could be wrong.

Shipping was $9.99 total (plus USA sales tax) for:

Room of Requirement

Privet drive

Grawp set

Jurassic baby dinos set

Nice, good luck!  I'm looking forward to hearing about your Zavvi experience, as I may end up there for the Astronomy Tower.

Brickshop.eu wouldn't let my payment go through, so I just ordered an in-hand Burrow set (without minifigures) from a US seller on eBay.  It seems kind of sketchy, but the seller has 100% positive feedback, and $70 including shipping and tax was too good to pass up for a set like The Burrow.  If it doesn't come as described within a week, I will merely raise hell about it.  :grin:

Edited by RogueTwo

I received my order from Zavvi yesterday. Shipped Monday, arrived yesterday at noon. So, it was a good experience for me.

Just now, strangely said:

I received my order from Zavvi yesterday. Shipped Monday, arrived yesterday at noon. So, it was a good experience for me.

Wow!  Are they shipping from within the US then?  (Sorry I keep spamming this thread)

Welp, looks like we might actually get the D2C before the summer wave in the US haha. It seems like the D2C sets aren't being affected by delays.

25 minutes ago, strangely said:

That’s good to hear! I ordered three sets from them a couple days ago. I’m really glad I did if the sets end up getting delayed even more

29 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Wow!  Are they shipping from within the US then?  (Sorry I keep spamming this thread)

According to the tracking on the shipment, it originated from the UK.

2 minutes ago, strangely said:

According to the tracking on the shipment, it originated from the UK.

Zavvi is a UK-originated store (London technically) so it doesn’t surprise me that they’re coming from the UK

48 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Brickshop.eu wouldn't let my payment go through, so I just ordered an in-hand Burrow set (without minifigures) from a US seller on eBay.  It seems kind of sketchy, but the seller has 100% positive feedback, and $70 including shipping and tax was too good to pass up for a set like The Burrow.  If it doesn't come as described within a week, I will merely raise hell about it.  :grin:

From ....fett11 (510)?

I currently have an order for the Astronomy Tower (no figs) with them.  I have also bought similar lots for the Stranger Things and Apocalypseburg sets in the past.  No problems.

2 minutes ago, teos said:

From ....fett11 (510)?

I currently have an order for the Astronomy Tower (no figs) with them.  I have also bought similar lots for the Stranger Things and Apocalypseburg sets in the past.  No problems.

Yep, that's the one!  I also specifically asked if they had an extra Astronomy Tower by any chance, and lo and behold, they did.  This day is really looking up for me!  Good to hear that everything went well with that seller!

I also ordered Privet Drive from Zavvi, since they finally lowered the listed price to $70.  I can wait until September for the three smallest sets...I think.  :blush:

19 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Zavvi is a UK-originated store (London technically) so it doesn’t surprise me that they’re coming from the UK

Yeah, I'm aware, I was replying to a comment wondering if they were fulfilling orders from somewhere in the US, which they aren't. It just happened to be really fast shipping.

Just now, strangely said:

Yeah, I'm aware, I was replying to a comment wondering if they were fulfilling orders from somewhere in the US, which they aren't. It just happened to be really fast shipping.

Yeah, that was more meant for everyone else, only mentioned your post because it mentioned the UK

11 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Congrats, I'm happy for you!  If you've never built the Great Hall before, you're in for a real treat (the tower could use some modding, but the Great Hall section itself is marvelous).  :classic:

Just finished it. Wow it’s amazing!

But also flipping heck it’s gigantic, gonna need a bigger shelf. The Astronomy Tower’s even taller isn’t it...

Also this was meant to make me hold over until the new sets come down in price but it’s just made me want them even more to connect them lol

1 hour ago, strangely said:

Good to hear! How long did it take for them to actually dispatch it? It’s been two days since I placed my order and it’s still getting processed.

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

Good to hear! How long did it take for them to actually dispatch it? It’s been two days since I placed my order and it’s still getting processed.

I pre-ordered when they went up in May. They released June 1st, and my order was boxed on the 5th (this was also the day they charged my credit card) and shipped on the 8th and arrived on the 10th. So I'd say potentially 5 business days to process.

4 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Welp, looks like we might actually get the D2C before the summer wave in the US haha. It seems like the D2C sets aren't being affected by delays.

Wait how do we know D2C sets aren't affected? 

14 minutes ago, Modal said:

Wait how do we know D2C sets aren't affected? 

I'm just basing it on the most recent D2C sets that didn't get delayed in the US (Haunted House, Lamborghini, Monkie Kid). There's still a chance that future D2C sets are delayed though, who knows.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:00 AM, RogueTwo said:

This is kind of a weird question, but does anyone else like to buy/build the wave “chronologically”?  In this case, it might look like:

I find it more fun to do it this way if I have the money at the time (and watching the accompanying scenes while building, naturally).  And I won’t even get into assembling minifigures in order.  Clearly, I have issues.  :tongue:

I build mine with their corresponding movie, smallest first. So I guess I did more reverse order with PoA. 

On 6/10/2020 at 5:35 AM, Lego-Freak said:

In case you're wondering what all of the 2018-2020 sets look like when displayed together:

Show off. :tongue:

On 6/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, Accio Lego said:

And I can definitely sympathize with being impatient for more news. I’m in the US and can’t really justify the extra expense of having the sets shipped over before they’re released here, so I don’t even have building the current wave to keep me occupied while I wait. Discussing all the possibilities is definitely what’s holding me over for the next month or so. 

Well, at least we have the Student Pack to tide us over.....for two months. :wall: