Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

32 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Yes most LEGO stores get them same day. 

Not sure if this is still the case, none of the LEGO stores in my area (Washington DC) have any of the recently released sets in the US (Hogwarts Student Pack, Lamborghini, Haunted House, A-Wing, etc.). Maybe by August though they'll be getting shipments more often.

32 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Not sure if this is still the case, none of the LEGO stores in my area (Washington DC) have any of the recently released sets in the US (Hogwarts Student Pack, Lamborghini, Haunted House, A-Wing, etc.). Maybe by August though they'll be getting shipments more often.

Yeah, I'll be staying up until midnight eastern time and praying that the website only crashes twice before I can order.

13 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Yeah, I'll be staying up until midnight eastern time and praying that the website only crashes twice before I can order.

Are you or any of our other fellow Americans on here still holding out hope that Barnes & Noble will get the sets as an exclusive early release from July 1-31 again? It wasn’t until June 17 that we got the good news last year:

12 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Are you or any of our other fellow Americans on here still holding out hope that Barnes & Noble will get the sets as an exclusive early release from July 1-31 again? It wasn’t until June 17 that we got the good news last year

Yeah, especially since Lego stores had them available at that time too. There’s usually double vip points the first couple days of July and if you’re going to get several sets anyway it’s nice if it lines up with a promo like that. 

I wouldn’t hold my breath very much if at all for early July release for Harry Potter. I could be wrong but August 1st seems much much more likely 

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t hold my breath very much if at all for early July release for Harry Potter. I could be wrong but August 1st seems much much more likely 

Sad to say, but I think you’re right. I just spoke with the manager of my local Barnes & Noble, which only recently reopened on a limited basis. He said the staff knew the sets were coming well in advance of July last year. They haven’t received any word about them yet this year. He said he doubts they are coming before August. I think I’m going to bite the bullet and order the Astronomy Tower now. What was the name of that German site folks mentioned that was cheaper than eBay?

6 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Barnes and Noble never got them early last year, right? In the U.S., all of the first wave sets were released on July 1st everywhere.

Barnes and Noble has them exclusively from 7/1 - 7/31. At least here in my state, that’s how it was.

7 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Barnes and Noble never got them early last year, right? In the U.S., all of the first wave sets were released on July 1st everywhere.

No. Only B&N and Lego stores had them in July (except for Expecto Patronum, that was a Target or Walmart exclusive, along with a number of other summer wave sets of the same price point). All other retailers didn’t get the Harry Potter sets until August. 

I feel like if there was an early July release we would have known by now, pretty sure we knew about the early release in July about this point last year. LEGO stores also had them early as well

Edited by RODDY

Sets will be released in July here (maybe later this month in some stores/supermarkets) but since I don’t have the other sets with me atm I’m not too excited about getting them just yet. 

14 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Sad to say, but I think you’re right. I just spoke with the manager of my local Barnes & Noble, which only recently reopened on a limited basis. He said the staff knew the sets were coming well in advance of July last year. They haven’t received any word about them yet this year. He said he doubts they are coming before August. I think I’m going to bite the bullet and order the Astronomy Tower now. What was the name of that German site folks mentioned that was cheaper than eBay?

Barnes and Noble has them exclusively from 7/1 - 7/31. At least here in my state, that’s how it was.

Just so you know, I ordered two international packages (not LEGO) last month.  One appears to be stuck/lost, and the other never even shipped.  ?

It’s not a good time for transcontinental shipping.  

25 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

...He said he doubts they are coming before August. I think I’m going to bite the bullet and order the Astronomy Tower now. What was the name of that German site folks mentioned that was cheaper than eBay?

It's a German Bricklink store called "Steinchenwelt". Currently, the only sets they have in stock are 4 Privet Drive, Hedwig, and the Hogwarts Room of Requirement.

19 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Are we talking about the D2C? Could it be revealed as early as June? 

Don't count on it, D2C are usually revealed very close to the releasedate. The Hogwarts castle had a September 1st release with early VIP access starting August 15th, that set was revealed on July 25th. I'd recommend expecting a pressrelease around late-July, mid-July if we're lucky.

19 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

It's a German Bricklink store called "Steinchenwelt". Currently, the only sets they have in stock are 4 Privet Drive, Hedwig, and the Hogwarts Room of Requirement.

Thanks! Shame about the Astronomy Tower, but I’m going to go ahead and pick up Hedwig and the Room of Requirement.

If you don't want to wait brickshop.eu is shipping the sets to the US really quickly for pretty cheap. I ordered the Burrow for a total of $120 usd and it came in 4 days

28 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

If you don't want to wait brickshop.eu is shipping the sets to the US really quickly for pretty cheap. I ordered the Burrow for a total of $120 usd and it came in 4 days

I checked just for kicks and they’re sold out the Burrow.  Typical.  

Thanks for the recommendations @Retro Brick Reviews @2lazeetomakeaname @RogueTwo !

I just ordered the Room of Requirement and Hedwig from Steinchenwelt, the Forbidden Forest set from Brickshop, and the Astronomy Tower from eBay.

I will keep folks posted on arrival times from each of these shops.

The ETA on the Astronomy Tower is this Friday June 12! It says it’s shipping from the UK so I have no idea how that’s possible. We’ll see!

Edit: Also ordered the Hogwarts students minifig pack from LEGO S@H and it arrived in 4 days.

Edited by sebastian666

I haven't read hear for a while and only read a couple of pages back and looking a little bit on instagram. Help me for an update

Set that isn't released

I saw a leak of the front of the AC on instagram, yule ball theme (i'm little disappointed..)

Polybag leak, do we know when it will be avaible? In july? Would it be avaible somewhere else than legostore? (Europe)

CMF in september, have something more came out?

D2C DA, have it came something more to known?

75978(?) What do we know?

Brickheadz Hagrid and Buckbeak, do we know something more?

Tom Riddle exclusive figure in september in a book

Other things: That kingnono said can't be trusted (have another leaker said something about DA and 75978?)? Are the minifigure pack exclusive for legostore here in Europe?

I just reply on what I'm sure about :classic:

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

Unfortunately, all these questions can be answered with either "no" or "nothing" - so you haven't really missed anything :laugh: It is possible (or even likely) that 75978 doesn't exist except it's the set number for the D2C. But there seem to be no further indications for an additional set. 

Are the minifigure pack exclusive for legostore here in Europe?

They are exclusive at the moment, yes.

I haven't read hear for a while and only read a couple of pages back and looking a little bit on instagram. Help me for an update

Set that isn't released

I saw a leak of the front of the AC on instagram, yule ball theme (i'm little disappointed..)

Polybag leak, do we know when it will be avaible? In july? Would it be avaible somewhere else than legostore? (Europe)

Tom Riddle exclusive figure in september in a book

Other things: That kingnono said can't be trusted (have another leaker said something about DA and 75978?)? Are the minifigure pack exclusive for legostore here in Europe?

I can’t weigh in on how things will be done in Europe, but:

- no official news on when the polybag will release 

- so far all we know about September’s CMF is what we saw on the leaked package 

- Most leakers were claiming that 75978 is the D2C before kingnono came along, and with him discredited most people are going back to assuming that’s the case, especially since as time goes on it gets less and less likely that we wouldn’t have heard about a regular retailer exclusive set. 

- no news on the Hagrid and Buckbeak brickheadz, but there hasn’t been much brickheadz news recently (if you don’t count the news that some of the assumed brickheadz sets were actually accessory packs), so I wouldn’t be totally surprised if there was a very short turnaround time between the images dropping and the official release 

By any chance are there legs with a print that fits Slugorn’s torso design? 

Also, if anyone here got their hands on the lavender figure already and happens to have the pink batgirl skirt, please share a pic of those together! 

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Just so you know, I ordered two international packages (not LEGO) last month.  One appears to be stuck/lost, and the other never even shipped.

Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that.

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Just so you know, I ordered two international packages (not LEGO) last month.  One appears to be stuck/lost, and the other never even shipped.  ?

It’s not a good time for transcontinental shipping.  

It's taking closer to two months right now for international shipping to the U.S. from some countries.  I just received a Australian Bricklink order from April 6 today and a German order from April 17 on Saturday.  I have several orders from late April/early May that haven't showed up yet either.  I recommend taking that into consideration if anyone is thinking about buying HP sets from other countries under the assumption it will arrive sooner.

8 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Are you or any of our other fellow Americans on here still holding out hope that Barnes & Noble will get the sets as an exclusive early release from July 1-31 again? It wasn’t until June 17 that we got the good news last year:

Nope. As I plan on getting the lot, minus Hedwig, in one purchase, it’s more worth it to me to buy from LEGO. 

I got the Student pack & seeing as this Cho has a different colored wand & face as the CMF one, she just became a random Ravenclaw student. 

If anyone in the US is looking to buy the sets early, Zavvi.com has most of them and I’ve heard their items arrive quickly after shipping. I just ordered the new Destiny’s Bounty from them but haven’t bit the bullet on the HP sets yet since most are overpriced except the Astronomy Tower, although the Grawp set is only $2 more. I’ve still got sets to build from March and April and need to take apart a ton of stuff as I’m preparing to move, and I figure if I’m going to pay full price for the sets I might as well do it in August when I can get VIP points. Let’s see if I can resist temptation though!