Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Here's my predictions

1. Rubeus Hagrid

2. Harry Potter (All Students except F&G are in 1st/2nd Year appearances)

3. Ron Weasley

4. Hermione Granger

5. Griphook (PS/SS)

6. Bogrod (more likely than a nameless Goblin)

7. Ollivander

8. Ginny Weasley

9. Gilderoy Lockhart

10. Fred Weasley

11. George Weasley

12. Lucius Malfoy

13. Draco Malfoy

14. Dean Thomas (Because he stared into the QQS window in PS/SS)

15. Daedalus Diggle 

16. Doris Crockford

17. Daily Prophet Reporter (for F&B)

18. Not exactly characters, but I expect QQS to feature 1-2 sets of Quidditch robes on mannequins (I'd hope for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, but more likely it'd be Gryffindor and Slytherin)

...Obviously, those last five are far less necessary, but I think they or something of their sort is rather likely.

I’m pretty sure dean Thomas wasn’t staring into the window of QQS in philosophers stone 

9 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

I’m pretty sure dean Thomas wasn’t staring into the window of QQS in philosophers stone 

My mistake, I was thinking of the book... of Prisoner of Azkaban, apparently. I still think he fits acceptably well for QQS, since I feel each shop should get at least one representative figure, but someone like Katie Bell in casual clothes could work just as well.

I‘d be down with either of these prediction lists, but I‘m not sure how realistic they are when it comes to their length :shrug_oh_well: 17/18 minifigs might be pushing it a bit. I‘d expect around 14

Edited by Lego-Freak

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope after next year (which will probably be focusing on Year 7) thye start revisiting movies again and they give us sets like finale of PS with all the challenges, for example Fluffy trapdoor, vine room, key room, chess room and mirror room. It could make a really nice set.

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Borgin and Burke would make for a great set down the line if it’s seperate. However, I would love for the Leaky Cauldron to be included in the D2C, it may not look like much but it’s crucial to the Diagon Alley dynamic and would be a superb part of the display

Marcos Bessa said that they are not so strict on the years any more e.g. privet drive this year, so we can get something like that next year as well. It is a two-edged sword, on one hand we may not have to wait so long on sets that was not included in the first round. On the other hand the last 4 films have had very few sets over the years compared to the first 4 so not ideal that too many spots are taken from them in their wave :shrug_oh_well:

I would rather have a LC than B&B in the D2C, but I guess it depends on how big they make the buildings. If there are only 3 big modular sized buildings we will only get the main ones, if we instead get a proper street with several smaller buildings they could include more diversity in shops (I hope for the last one):wink:

7 hours ago, Lerux said:

Finally finished building the burrow, it is absolutely beautiful!

I'm still asking how to order all the sets:

ylGpXoa.jpg

Is the Room of Requierment supposed to be connected to the modukars Hogwarts sets? Because as far as I know there is no official description from Lego to how.to connect it.

I am looking to get shelves that are deep enough for the micro and normal hogwarts to fit. therefore I am curious to know how deep your shelves are? and what are the dimensions in general? sorry for the slightly weird question but your shelve looks exactly like what I pictured in my head

Am I the only one who thinks the Astronomy Tower needs another level? May just be me but at least in my Hogwarts it definetely needs to be taller to truly stand out. Simple enough to do myself though so I'll make it taller when I have the time. 

Screenshot_144.png

7 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Here's my predictions

*snip*

...Obviously, those last five are far less necessary, but I think they or something of their sort is rather likely.

Really like this list but I feel Bogrod is more likely to show up in a seperate Gringotts Escape set

My DA prediction is Gringotts, Ollivanders, Flourish and Blotts, WWW and the Leaky Cauldron are the main shop builds, with a Cople of other shops as facades with small shop areas like QQS and Eylops Owl Emporium. 

Figures:

Harry, Hagrid, Ollivander, Tom, Griphook, Goblin (PS) 

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Malfoy Lockhart (Cos) 

Fred, George (HBP) 

Not sure if anyone has posted this exact same list, sorry if they have :D

36 minutes ago, Seaber said:

My DA prediction is Gringotts, Ollivanders, Flourish and Blotts, WWW and the Leaky Cauldron are the main shop builds, with a Cople of other shops as facades with small shop areas like QQS and Eylops Owl Emporium. 

Figures:

Harry, Hagrid, Ollivander, Tom, Griphook, Goblin (PS) 

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Malfoy Lockhart (Cos) 

Fred, George (HBP) 

Not sure if anyone has posted this exact same list, sorry if they have :D

I still don’t think they’d make facades of any shops. Sure they can make the shop be a smaller one, but I would have thought they’d make the scale and style consistent.

Your list for the main ones seems reasonable. I think Gringotts, Ollivanders and WWW are a given. The other two could have something in their place. I do think five is reasonable to hope for.

Its not like lists are copyrighted :P

————

I just had a thought - Borgin and Burke’s wasn’t the only thing KNN confirmed, he also confirmed Weasleys Wizard Wheezes... what if WWW was the thing that’s wrong :O

13 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I just had a thought - Borgin and Burke’s wasn’t the only thing KNN confirmed, he also confirmed Weasleys Wizard Wheezes... what if WWW was the thing that’s wrong :O

Not including WWW would be a very stupid decision on LEGO's part, if I recall correctly the main problem people had with the 2011 version of Diagon Alley was WWW's absence

This may be a little off-topic but I'm wondering if Lego will produce product animations for this year's sets? I really liked the ones they made for last year's wave! :laugh:

9 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I have a strong feeling that the D2C will include some part of the Leaky Cauldron in addition to the GWP layout - even if it’s just the moving brick wall with some kind of action element - because it’s such an iconic part of Diagon Alley. I’d personally just put him right by that brick wall. I’d also swap out Quality Quidditch Supplies (even though that scene with the Firebolt in the shop window is also iconic) for a bit of the Leaky Cauldron in a heart beat.

That would be very cool!

19 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I. Would. Riot! I'm pretty sure that WWW can be seen as "what people want". At least, I haven't read any different opinion yet :laugh:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Astronomy Tower needs another level? May just be me but at least in my Hogwarts it definetely needs to be taller to truly stand out. Simple enough to do myself though so I'll make it taller when I have the time. 

Screenshot_144.png

Your setup looks great. Love how you’ve incorporated all of the fantastic beasts. I still need to get the parts for the three tiny towers attached the Grand Staircase tower. I think you shared the pieces you used for them on here a while back.

Do you mind if I ask how you expanded your Grand Staircase tower? My main problem with some of the current mods of that tower is that people just buy two Great Hall sets and stack the Grand Staircase pieces on top of one another. It looks like you are using a completely different piece, which more accurately depicts the enormous circumference of that tower.

49 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Unpopular opinion: I would much rather get the Leaky Cauldron as part of the $400 D2C Diagon Alley than Weasley Wizard Wheezes.

I never really liked how WWW’s garish purple and orange colors clashed against the rest of Diagon Alley in HBP... and for the majority of the movies (1-5), WWW doesn’t even exist, so it would make sense to focus the D2C on those iconic moments we experience Diagon Alley in the first several movies.

WWW also has a much higher chance of selling like hot cakes as a $100 standalone set next year. On the other hand, if we don’t get a Leaky Cauldron in the D2C, I don’t think we will ever get one as a stand alone set.

All this being said, as a betting man, I still put my money on the fact that we will be getting WWW in the D2C. It’s such a fan favorite (just not mine) that I think people may riot if it’s not included.

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Your setup looks great. Love how you’ve incorporated all of the fantastic beasts. I still need to get the parts for the three tiny towers attached the Grand Staircase tower. I think you shared the pieces you used for them on here a while back.

Do you mind if I ask how you expanded your Grand Staircase tower? My main problem with some of the current mods of that tower is that people just buy two Great Hall sets and stack the Grand Staircase pieces on top of one another. It looks like you are using a completely different piece, which more accurately depicts the enormous circumference of that tower.

The ''instructions'' of the little turrets and more pictures of the GST and the rest of my Hogwarts are on my Instagram (@lego_guyon02). The GST itself is basically the Great Hall version but wider and fully enclosed (in terms of flooring, ~1/4 of the wall is open), because the whole tower is wider the roof is also taller. The space between curved panels in the official set is 4 studs, in my version it's 6 but those 2 studs on all sides make a massive difference.

2 minutes ago, Zedro said:

I don’t now if this account is from one of you, but I need to share this very well made DA that I see on Instagram, just one side of the street and the gringotts is the old one, and the head of the WW very strange but a inspiration moc for shure ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5foI3lo0u_/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Afaik it's not from anyone here but that head is from the Luke Skywalker constraction figure. The hair has been painted orange though

I’m presuming everyone here has pretty much unfollowed KNN, myself included, so I haven’t seen his post yesterday mentioned. It essentially says:

-Some “recognised LEGO fan media” have seen 75978.

-A few days ago he deleted every hint that was already revealed.

-Today (yesterday) he deleted almost every game hint that was a distraction for other “leakers”.

-He also warned not to trust a random guy on IG (as in him) and doubt everything (as in his fake leaks).

-He hopes we like Diagon Alley and CMF series 2 and says to stay tuned for next year, and that “I’m out”.

-He also commented “LTB”.

Not sure what to make of it. Either he’s back-pedalling or he did intentionally leak fake stuff for some reason. Not sure what “distracting other leakers” means or why he’d do that except to protect a job (although don’t see why it would). I do believe he had some sort of purpose though - I don’t see why anyone would troll for such a long period of time, and also continue to deny everything while being proven wrong and disliked by the community. Oh well, it was still fun while it lasted.

(Don’t forget, if you discuss/reply to this, discuss the comments, not the leaker!)

Edited by sammy_zammy

6 minutes ago, Zedro said:

That’s only one thing we can be sure “Not to trust a random guy on IG” ;) if I make myself understood.

Yes, absolutely.

I shall screenshot all his posts - as presumably he’ll delete them too when whatever it is is revealed. Does anyone have any screenshots before he deleted a load? As I am noticing some missing like the “He’s back” and obviously the advent calendar ones.

If his hints turn out to be true, he said he’d be back next year - so we’ll know we may be able to trust some of what he says, but also to doubt everything he says next year as presumably he’d pull the same trick.

If they turn out to be false, well know to pay no attention to him ever again, just like we were anyway.

Edited by sammy_zammy

18 minutes ago, Zedro said:

That‘s a great looking MOC, thanks for sharing! :sweet: I hope the real WWW looks similar to that, even if a bit smaller in order to fit the price tag. Of course we don‘t really know at this point whether WWW’s included or not, but I doubt they‘d make the same mistake twice :tongue:

23 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

-Today (yesterday) he deleted almost every game hint that was a distraction for other “leakers”.

I’m still confused about this. :wacko: 

Anyway, I still hope we at least get Lockhart, Lucius and Ootp Tonks.

Hey guys! First time posting. Just recently got into Lego's again, haven't bought a set since around 2005 (gonna grab the Tree House as soon as Lego stores open up again). Just wanted to join in and express my excitement for the new Diagon Alley! I was getting into the whole modular building idea, and with my love for Harry Potter, and the lack of room for the microscale Hogwarts, I thought this new DA set would be a perfect solution! 

I haven't been following Lego too much, so I'm not sure how consistent the $/piece ratio is, but based on Hogwarts, can we expect this set to be around 6,000 pieces? I'm assuming the set will be more similar to, say, 3 modular buildings connected to each other rather than an actual alley? As cool as making an enclosed street would be, it doesn't make for a very nice model to look at.

Hope we hear more soon!

Edited by Modal

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I’m still confused about this. :wacko: 

Anyway, I still hope we at least get Lockhart, Lucius and Ootp Tonks.

Yeah... although the proof is in the pudding. His hints for The June wave’s sets were very guessable, but many of his DA hints are specific and so whether or not he’s fake shall then be clear at last.

36 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I’m presuming everyone here has pretty much unfollowed KNN

I have to admit that I haven't, just to keep myself informed about how things are going but I didn't want to give him a bigger platform by posting about it.

But there are indeed two questions I draw from his newest posting. First:

39 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

-He hopes we like Diagon Alley and CMF series 2 and says to stay tuned for next year, and that “I’m out”.

That kind of sounds like that we are very close to the reveal, doesn't it? And second:

40 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

-He also commented “LTB”.

Can anyone explain to me what that means? I tried to look it up but got very confused as there appear a lot of meanings...

4 minutes ago, Modal said:

Hey guys! First time posting. Just recently got into Lego's again, haven't bought a set since around 2005 (gonna grab the Tree House as soon as Lego stores open up again). Just wanted to join in and express my excitement for the new Diagon Alley! I was getting into the whole modular building idea, and with my love for Harry Potter, and the lack of room for the microscale Hogwarts, I thought this new DA set would be a perfect solution! 

I haven't been following Lego too much, so I'm not sure how consistent the $/piece ratio is, but based on Hogwarts, can we expect this set to be around 6,000 pieces? I'm assuming the set will be more similar to, say, 3 modular buildings connected to each other rather than an actual alley? As cool as making an enclosed street would be, it doesn't make for a very nice model to look at.

Hope we hear more soon!

Hello! Welcome :) I’m hoping to get the Tree House soon too. DA does sound awesome I agree.

I wouldn’t expect quite 6000 pieces. Hogwarts had a lot of very small pieces that bump up the piece count. Generally 4000 pieces is reasonable to expect for $400, maybe slightly more. But I wouldn’t judge on piece counts alone anyway, but more overall quality of the set and as Jangbricks says, “volume of stuff”.

It will very likely be multiple buildings that may or may not be connectable, yes. I doubt it’ll be an enclosed street - there’s a slight chance it’ll have some street though.

Nice to have you among the community. :)

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

I have to admit that I haven't, just to keep myself informed about how things are going but I didn't want to give him a bigger platform by posting about it.

Yeah sorry for bringing him up again. But if people can keep it civil and on topic I don’t see any harm in at least discussing what he could mean, as although his reputation is diminished, there’s no guarantee that he’s completely wrong I guess.

3 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

That kind of sounds like that we are very close to the reveal, doesn't it? And second:

Can anyone explain to me what that means? I tried to look it up but got very confused as there appear a lot of meanings...

Yes I’m curious about those two things too...

9 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

But there are indeed two questions I draw from his newest posting. First:

^ Me to - following just to keep an eye on it. And yes it does make it sound like a reveal is close, but then so did @Falconfan1414's comment to me.

Also I think LTB in this context means Last Time Bye.

I live in the U.S. and am trying to plan out getting the new Harry Potter sets on August 1st. Does anyone know if LEGO Stores have a system where you can order a set and pick it up at the store that day, like Walmart’s and Targets have? And do most LEGO stores get the new releases the day they come out?

Edited by LEGOMotionStudios

12 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

I live in the U.S. and am trying to plan out getting the new Harry Potter sets on August 1st. Does anyone know if LEGO Stores have a system where you can order a set and pick it up at the store that day, like Walmart’s and Targets have? And do most LEGO stores get the new releases the day they come out?

At least where I live in the US, top five infected states, they are doing curbside pickup so you call ahead they will bring it you. Yes most LEGO stores get them same day.