Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, m0repotter said:

Well I’m thinking Falconfan’s clue proves that the D2C is Diagon Alley, but just as one last shot in the dark, what if it was a Ministry of Magic set in the vein of the Death star D2C, with multiple iconic action scenes being depicted, or perhaps a large CoS, which we all have been longing for a set of for quite some time? Either way, if they do make other HP D2Cs moving forward, I think a MoM one would be a great option. Needless, to say, especially w some of us already having purchased the whole first wave of sets, I am honestly more excited than ever to see photos of the D2C (whatever it is!). I feel like I’m already over this wave and itching to see the rest of the CMF series, the AC, and of course to finally have actual details regarding this mysterious D2C!

A CoS or MoM would definetely sell but for $400?! That's gonna be a shelfwarmer. I agree with @Lego-Freak on this one, it's obvious what Falconfan meant with his post. 

9 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Has anyone in Australia gained any sort of update on what's going on with the sets  release in Australia? Especially wondering about the Burrow and Student Pack. Just wondering if anyone has spoken to or heard from support or anything as to potential availability or anything. :-) 

not really sure what's going on with lego.com not have the sets but Target are getting them in next month according to them so I presume they are lego exclusives for june (even though lego don't have them :). the lego shops have been getting them in though. 

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was wondering if any other people here are planning to buy an entire box for HP Series 2, and if so where are you planning to get it from?

I think I’ll buy a full box for the first time. I usually feel the packers, but on the Off chance we’ll still be having one way systems and limited numbers in shops when these are released, I don’t wanna hold up the queue feeling them. And there might be figures that have usefulness in multiples 

18 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

And there might be figures that have usefulness in multiples 

There certainly will be. I'm not gonna need multiple figures of everything but from what we've seen so far I definetely want multiples of Harry (for Advanced Potion Making), Neville (for the Monster Book of Monsters and robes) and Griphook (because I want to create more goblins). And at least 1 extra Bellatrix so I can use her face on the figure from the Burrow.

When did you guys say the advent calendar was officially revealed last year? Right now I’m most interested in that haha. Is it likely at all that they will leave out the other twin?

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

When did you guys say the advent calendar was officially revealed last year? Right now I’m most interested in that haha. Is it likely at all that they will leave out the other twin?

I don't see that as being likely considering that the to don't have much of a role (in the movies) outside of the yule ball.

I'm pretty sure the Advent Calendar was revealed alongside all the other sets but we didn't get to see the full contents untill a while later. Giving us Padma without Parvati is like giving us Fred without George, it would surprise me if they aren't both included.

15 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I always go for the feel method and will continue this year, especially considering the current global circumstance has pretty much subsided in Australia. So not really afraid of the shops. Only made 3 feeling mistakes since series 3 when I started (one of which I was pretty sure wasn't what I thought. But I didn't care). I've ended up with 7 copies of Percival Graves. I didn't even scalp them at the start, been finding them in the months and years since released. Found 2 of them just 3 weeks ago in half empty boxes at my local ebgames! :-)

I ended up finding several of him as well. I didn’t scalp them either I wanted two for my collection (one as Graves and one as Grindelwald) so I searched for those right away but then I gave it several months and started looking for more of them just because of how collectible they are. I figured I would try to sell them at right around retail cost so that at least a few people don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for him.

27 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

I don't see that as being likely considering that the to don't have much of a role (in the movies) outside of the yule ball.

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure the Advent Calendar was revealed alongside all the other sets but we didn't get to see the full contents untill a while later. Giving us Padma without Parvati is like giving us Fred without George, it would surprise me if they aren't both included.

Don’t get me wrong, I expect and want her to come in the set lol. But since they have a less important role than F&G I thought LEGO leaving out Parvati didn’t seem too far-fetched. I kind of wish they included Cho or Ginny instead of Hermione, there’s basically one spot left and who knows who will it be.

Don’t get me wrong, I expect and want her to come in the set lol. But since they have a less important role than F&G I thought LEGO leaving out Parvati didn’t seem too far-fetched. I kind of wish they included Cho or Ginny instead of Hermione, there’s basically one spot left and who knows who will it be.

I really hope it's not Ginny, it should be either Cho or Parvati. If we get Ginny we would also need to get Neville eventually, Cho or Parvati would at least complete another pair of dancepartners.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope it's not Ginny, it should be either Cho or Parvati. If we get Ginny we would also need to get Neville eventually, Cho or Parvati would at least complete another pair of dancepartners.

I mean there’s one spot left already counting both twins, but having Hermione I don’t think we’ll get another female character so maybe it will be Karkaroff or even Myron Wagtail? Neville is possible too but then as you said he’ll have no dance partner (Plus he isn’t that different from Harry)

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I mean there’s one spot left already counting both twins, but having Hermione I don’t think we’ll get another female character so maybe it will be Karkaroff or even Myron Wagtail? Neville is possible too but then as you said he’ll have no dance partner (Plus he isn’t that different from Harry)

Whilst I don’t think that it has to be male just because there’s already a few females, people are forgetting about Roger Davies, if we get him then we have dance partners for all the champions except Cedric

and maybe they’ll surprise us and give us an extra character which could be Cho therefore;

Harry and Parvati

Krum and Hermione

Fleur and Roger

Cedric and Cho

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

Brickset still doesn’t have the PDF instructions for the sets available. Are they not up on Lego’s website for countries that have the sets? 

So just an update: I ordered my Burrow and student pack on 1st June a couple of minutes after midnight and it was delivered today. ? So excited!

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Brickset still doesn’t have the PDF instructions for the sets available. Are they not up on Lego’s website for countries that have the sets? 

They're definitely up now.

9 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

There's a new picture of the HP Polybag on IG with Hedwig holding the broomstick

I saw that. The earlier pictures that showed the polybag contents didn’t have the clip piece, just the hollow stud, but the image of the package makes it clear that the pieces are supposed to be combined to allow Hedwig to carry the broom as many people here had been speculating about. 

So am I just being really stupid or does Vernon Dursley's jumper in the Privet Drive set not actually match anything he wears in the movies? I know Dudley's is from PS and Petunia's is from COS, but I can't find Vernon wearing that jumper. The nearest I can find is in Deathly Hallows, but he has a coat over his jumper and there are no diamonds on his jumper.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

So am I just being really stupid or does Vernon Dursley's jumper in the Privet Drive set not actually match anything he wears in the movies? I know Dudley's is from PS and Petunia's is from COS, but I can't find Vernon wearing that jumper. The nearest I can find is in Deathly Hallows, but he has a coat over his jumper and there are no diamonds on his jumper.

They probably used a random sweater for him, which I'm okay with as he's not a  character that wears any recognizable mor iconic clothes in the movies.

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's already been answered by 2 people before but I'd just like to add that this torso was introduced in 2016's Fun in the Park people pack and has been used in 6 other sets since then (excluding Privet Drive). This is however the first time this torso has been used on a licensed character :wink:

17 minutes ago, OneThousand said:

Do we know when & how we can expect to get the polybag later this year?

It'll be available in stores starting July 1st

So Idk if this had been stated before but the release dates are up on the website for US Lego Shop... August 1st confirmed fellow Yankees!