Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Just watching J2G’s review of the Grawp set and am I the only person who finds it really annoying how much he moans about noses/ears on minifigures? For some characters that is one of their defining features, for Voldemort it’s his snakelike nose, for Grawp it’s his piggy nose/large ears, it’s like doing Harry without his lightning scar because “minifigures don’t normally have scars” ?, rant over

I absolutely agree, those buildable bigfigs aren't even supposed to be 100% true upscaled minifigs anyway. With the Ant-Man one for example it's possible to angle the hands, something minifigs can't do. It's just all about accuracy and playability. If there's anything worth complaining about it's the backside and the technic holes on the side of his legs.

Speaking of J2G; he has one of the first video's that shows the complete line-up of Hogwarts-sets, including RoR, quite interesting.

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Just watching J2G’s review of the Grawp set and am I the only person who finds it really annoying how much he moans about noses/ears on minifigures? For some characters that is one of their defining features, for Voldemort it’s his snakelike nose, for Grawp it’s his piggy nose/large ears, it’s like doing Harry without his lightning scar because “minifigures don’t normally have scars” ?, rant over

I wouldn't say 'really annoying', but I don't agree; I think Grawp would look really strange without the ears and nose. I just took a picture of him and got rid of the nose print and to be fair that looked okay, but get rid of the nose and ears and he just looks wrong. He seems to be looking at it that it is an upscaled minifigure so I can see why he would say that it shouldn't have ears or a nose, but it just doesn't work for me.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I absolutely agree, those buildable bigfigs aren't even supposed to be 100% true upscaled minifigs anyway. With the Ant-Man one for example it's possible to angle the hands, something minifigs can't do. It's just all about accuracy and playability. If there's anything worth complaining about it's the backside and the technic holes on the side of his legs.

Exactly, I like seeing differences from the norm on certain minifigs/built figures, Voldemort’s nose, Neville’s buckteeth, Grawp’s nose/ears, Wormtail’s buckteeth Etc

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I wouldn't say 'really annoying', but I don't agree; I think Grawp would look really strange without the ears and nose. I just took a picture of him and got rid of the nose print and to be fair that looked okay, but get rid of the nose and ears and he just looks wrong. He seems to be looking at it that it is an upscaled minifigure so I can see why he would say that it shouldn't have ears or a nose, but it just doesn't work for me.

He just goes on and on about it and I find that annoying, honestly if anyone else decent had reviewed them I would’ve watched them instead, but hey ho, I personally think if they did a minifig Grawp he would probably have moulded ears like elves/goblins from the LOTR line because his big ears really are a massive part of his look

should probably point I’m not saying “if a Lego Grawp minifig came out”, I mean if everything was microfig scale and Grawp was a minifig

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok well here is something. More evidence is going to come out to show a certain someone is even more wrong. There is a big set coming and it will be what people want it to be

Ooh. So the question now:

which certain someone are we referring to here, as they said opposite things:

Is it our resident troll here on EB?

Or is it our favourite debunked leaker?

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

He just goes on and on about it and I find that annoying, honestly if anyone else decent had reviewed them I would’ve watched them instead, but hey ho, I personally think if they did a minifig Grawp he would probably have moulded ears like elves/goblins from the LOTR line because his big ears really are a massive part of his look

I don't normally watch his reviews so I just went and watched it to see what you meant. I agree that if he was scaled down he should have moulded ears and in fact your comment reminded me that the one thing I find odd about the old troll figure is that his head looks tiny compared to his body. If that was redone I would expect it to have ears. 

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I think you nono the answer to that one. ?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I don't normally watch his reviews so I just went and watched it to see what you meant. I agree that if he was scaled down he should have moulded ears and in fact your comment reminded me that the one thing I find odd about the old troll figure is that his head looks tiny compared to his body. If that was redone I would expect it to have ears. 

I 100% agree, I’d love to get a new troll, and a new Fluffy, and a new Fang... DAMN YOU LEGO, YOU SCREWED OVER PS AND COS!!!

As you can tell, I’m bitter we didn’t get Fluffy in the Aragog set of Hagrid’s Hut ?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Or Falconfan is secretely a timetraveler and he's talking about He Who Has Not Yet Appeared

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Or Falconfan is secretely a timetraveler and he's talking about He Who Has Not Yet Appeared

? We shall have to remember that one for next year.

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Something I’m honestly interested in, what is everyone’s opinion on the look of the new Griphook?

I personally think they should've gone for a moulded head but I get why they didn't. Just doing a new headpiece and using a minifigure face allows them to do more goblins in future sets (like Diagon Alley or Gringotts Escape). The end result does still look good though so it's not really something I feel the need to complain about.

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Something I’m honestly interested in, what is everyone’s opinion on the look of the new Griphook?

At first I was really surprised because I had only just been looking at the old ones and the new one is not a moulded head. That being said, I think it looks pretty good in terms of the face print; the one thing that felt off to me at first was the lack of nose, but if you look at Griphook his nose isn't actually that much bigger than a humans so as minifigures normally don't have noses I think it's okay. The defining feature of the goblins is actually their ears and they've captured that with the hairpiece.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I personally think they should've gone for a moulded head but I get why they didn't. Just doing a new headpiece and using a minifigure face allows them to do more goblins in future sets (like Diagon Alley or Gringotts Escape). The end result does still look good though so it's not really something I feel the need to complain about.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

At first I was really surprised because I had only just been looking at the old ones and the new one is not a moulded head. That being said, I think it looks pretty good in terms of the face print; the one thing that felt off to me at first was the lack of nose, but if you look at Griphook his nose isn't actually that much bigger than a humans so as minifigures normally don't have noses I think it's okay. The defining feature of the goblins is actually their ears and they've captured that with the hairpiece.

I can’t add anything more to what you both said because you both covered exactly how I feel about Griphook ?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I can’t add anything more to what you both said because you both covered exactly how I feel about Griphook ?

I think we all know what the other is going to say now we've been discussing this stuff for so long. ? Glad we're on the same page. ?

I get where just2good‘s coming from, if you look at Grawp as an enlarged minifig (which he technically is), it‘s indeed weird that he has a nose and ears. Then again, he‘s a giant, so that excuses it for me :shrug_oh_well: Why giants have noses while half-giants like Hagrid don‘t, remains a mystery however :tongue: That‘s the price for minifigs being stylised I guess

36 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I 100% agree, I’d love to get a new troll, and a new Fluffy, and a new Fang... DAMN YOU LEGO, YOU SCREWED OVER PS AND COS!!!

As you can tell, I’m bitter we didn’t get Fluffy in the Aragog set of Hagrid’s Hut ?

I built Fluffy and the troll as they appear in the BYOA book. Fun builds. 

Does anyone know if the polybag 30420-1 Harry potter and Hedwig will release on Lego shop at home in the future since Lego just started to sell there polybags on there website.

Edited by yousif6224

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

So there is going to be a lot of new leg prints after all ??.

You might be onto something here. @Falconfan1414 said further evidence for a certain someone's fraudulence will surface soon, so it has to be something that directly contradicts at least one of his claims. Most of the hints can only be contradicted by the whole set leaking (e.g. the pin connections, Borgin & Burkes, the set number etc). The "few leg prints" thing however is easily disproven if minifigs soon start leaking :thumbup: Minifigs are the most likely thing to leak anyway, besides sticker sheets it seems, as of late. Or is there anything a sticker sheet could contradict? :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Or is there anything a sticker sheet could contradict?

You could be onto something there, if the sticker sheets have the shop signs on and there’s no sticker for Borgin and Burke’s then that would disprove him, especially if Gringotts, Ollivander’s and WWW are all there ?

9 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

You could be onto something there, if the sticker sheets have the shop signs on and there’s no sticker for Borgin and Burke’s then that would disprove him, especially if Gringotts, Ollivander’s and WWW are all there ?

Good point. Though I'm not sure how conclusive a single leaked sticker sheet would actually be in terms of evidence. Sometimes there's more than one, especially in a set this size :oh3: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Good point. Though I'm not sure how conclusive a single leaked sticker sheet would actually be in terms of evidence. Sometimes there's more than one, especially in a set this size :oh3: 

That’s why I said sheets ?

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

That’s why I said sheets ?

Whoops, my bad :blush:

Am I the only one to find it hysterical that a certain someone's pseudo-hints now serve as evidence that may lead us to some real info? How the turns have tabled... He truly is the gift that keeps on giving, but not in the way anyone thought :tongue:

Btw, I know we're not supposed to talk about either of the unspeakable ones any more, but FalconFan's hint definitely justifies bringing about some of the hints again, but in a new light.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Whoops, my bad

S’all good ?, it’s not hard to overlook a single letter, I definitely think sticker sheets and Minifigs are our best bet for a better guess at what we’re getting

Just now, OneThousand said:

Where can the new Griphook be seen?

Leaked CMF pack, just google “Lego Harry Potter CMF series 2” and it’s the first image