Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Vindicare said:

Hmm...at $400...actual size Niffler, complete with shiny gold trinkets? :grin:

I was thinking life size Cornish Piskie, imagine all those blue bricks ??

5 hours ago, Lerux said:

Hi guys, how is the correct order of the sets, that's how I connected them currently: 

VR0iYwN.jpg

This looks AMAZING! I love how you’ve backlit everything. I am planning to separate that one little section of castle that you have currently have Hermione on and use that between the Great Hall and the Yule Ball sections to create a bit of a smoother transition from GH to CT, but this looks great 

Knew that would happen. I've now missed out on the free LEGO Hotrod set I was going to get with my Astronomy Tower and Student Pack because stupid LEGO can never get their act together with Australian release dates! :-(

Sorry, just getting a bit frustrated a week after it was supposed to be available it still says "coming soon".

Edited by chris6507

So I just built Room of Requirement, and I gotta say it's a pretty amazing set for what it is. For $20 that's great set to add to your collection.

Minifigures are really good and the build is awesome too. While I think at least some floor would be a good addition, I'm fine with it just being a wall.

Some of the stickers are really hard to put on tho, especially the ones for board and fireplace, because you cannot change them later.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So I just built Room of Requirement, and I gotta say it's a pretty amazing set for what it is. For $20 that's great set to add to your collection.

Minifigures are really good and the build is awesome too. While I think at least some floor would be a good addition, I'm fine with it just being a wall.

Some of the stickers are really hard to put on tho, especially the ones for board and fireplace, because you cannot change them later.

I only put on stickers when they are absolutely necessary or when they're not but I personally like them so I didn't put on the fireplace sticker, the board was pretty easy to put on imo. Just use a seperator and attach a bit of the sticker to it, really helps navigating through that tight space and if you're not happy with it you can get it off fairly easily :wink:

Regarding the ongoing D2C discussion: An expansion of 71043 and a microscale DA can easily be ruled out as previously explained. However, as the recent Jurassic Park D2C discussion has shown, we also need to think outside the box a bit. Still, I can‘t think of anything even remotely feasible at that price point.

Thus, as long as nobody brings up another realistic option for what the D2C could be, I still firmly believe in a minifig-scale Diagon Alley :laugh:

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thus, as long as nobody brings up another realistic option for what the D2C could be, I still firmly believe in a minifig-scale Diagon Alley :laugh:

Motorised UCS Hogwarts Express? 

To be clear, I would much prefer Diagon Alley, but that's the only other thing that seems plausible to me.

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

To be clear, I would much prefer Diagon Alley, but that's the only other thing that seems plausible to me.

I can only speak for myself but if they release that I would happily keep that hard earned money in my wallet 

21 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Have they ever released a train set that large though? Well, there‘s always a first time... :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I only put on stickers when they are absolutely necessary or when they're not but I personally like them so I didn't put on the fireplace sticker, the board was pretty easy to put on imo. Just use a seperator and attach a bit of the sticker to it, really helps navigating through that tight space and if you're not happy with it you can get it off fairly easily :wink:

I did apply it quite well, it just was a little bit too much to the left, and beacuse I am a perfectionist it really irritates me. But it looks ok tbh. The fireplace one I applied quite perfectly. 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Have they ever released a train set that large though? Well, there‘s always a first time... :shrug_oh_well: 

The largest train set we have is the Disney Train and Station but far more parts went into the station than the train

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don't think so, but the price point seems around right. There is a definite AFOL market for trains and I'd say like the UCS Hogwarts Castle there would be a market for those who aren't generally in to Lego to have a large display piece of something so iconic.

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think it's definitely one of the most recognizable trains ever, so I think that's a pretty good candidate for releasing a gigantic train set.

There was the Emerald Night. Not sure how big that was though. I would be up for a large Hogwarts Express. 

I wouldn‘t mind it too much, except for spatial concerns. Where would you display something like that? :grin: For 400$, it‘d have to be ginormous, probably in the same scale as the upcoming Crocodile locomotive. Anyway, it is definitely iconic, but is it 400$ levels of iconic? (You could ask the same thing about a 400$ DA, but that‘s beside the point :tongue:)

Edit: For those still waiting for the backordered Burrow: the status of my order is now „in warehouse“, so you should check your orders too :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

48 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

There was the Emerald Night. Not sure how big that was though. I would be up for a large Hogwarts Express. 

That was a $100 set so it'd have to be 3-4 times as large as that set

Very off topic but just wanted to take a moment to recommend the Hedwig set to others. I thought it looked a bit disappointing in the initial images, but in reality it's actually a super nice set, and the movement of the wings is really well done & life-like -- it's actually one of my favourites from this wave now.

3 minutes ago, OneThousand said:

Very off topic but just wanted to take a moment to recommend the Hedwig set to others. I thought it looked a bit disappointing in the initial images, but in reality it's actually a super nice set, and the movement of the wings is really well done & life-like -- it's actually one of my favourites from this wave now.

It is indeed a very good set but I think the main reason most people aren't interested in it is because it just doesn't fit with anything else from the theme. At least that's my personal reason for not getting the set

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It is indeed a very good set but I think the main reason most people aren't interested in it is because it just doesn't fit with anything else from the theme. At least that's my personal reason for not getting the set

Yep that's fair enough, it'd be awesome to get a few more display focused sets that match the style of it in the next wave, perhaps a big ol' snitch? :classic:

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Hmm...at $400...actual size Niffler, complete with shiny gold trinkets? :grin:

Would not say no to a lot of Lego gold-coins as long as they are not pearl gold :tongue:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ministry of magic :devil:

What about like a UCS Quidditch Pitch (Or stadium or whatever they call it) in the vain of something like this:

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/old-trafford-manchester-united-10272

Not saying I would want that. Just an idea of something that could be done as a UCS.

Not that they've ever gone this way with the theme before. But I think Weasley Wizard Wheezes would be an EPIC corner modular set! :-D Like the Ninjago city set (Still regretting not getting that). They expanded that too with the Ninjago docks. Could do a similiar thing with diagon alley. It would be awesome, but very disproportionate to the Hogwarts displays (either micro or minifig scale ones).

Edited by chris6507

20 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

What about like a UCS Quidditch Pitch (Or stadium or whatever they call it) in the vain of something like this:

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/old-trafford-manchester-united-10272

Not saying I would want that. Just an idea of something that could be done as a UCS.

Not that they've ever gone this way with the theme before. But I think Weasley Wizard Wheezes would be an EPIC corner modular set! :-D Like the Ninjago city set (Still regretting not getting that). They expanded that too with the Ninjago docks. Could do a similiar thing with diagon alley. It would be awesome, but very disproportionate to the Hogwarts displays (either micro or minifig scale ones).

There are tons of things they could do when it comes to D2C, the main question is if it would sell well as a $400 set. If Hogwarts is off-limits Diagon Alley really is the only thing I can see becoming a $400 set that sells well. Sure Hogsmeade Village (for example) would be a cool D2C to have but I really don't see that selling well at $400, same situation for your Quidditch Pitch proposal. 

Diagon Alley is by far the most likely, all the more so because of its conspicuous absence so far (although Gringotts next year could be pretty realistic).

The only other thing I can think of--and this actually doesn't seem too far-fetched to me--is an expansion to the previous UCS Hogwarts.  Hear me out.  The first one is still available for purchase, and includes the Great Hall, the main tower, and the Viaduct Entrance, and that's about it.  For $400, we could conceivably get the other half of the castle with the Clock Tower (and courtyard), the Astronomy Tower, the greenhouses, the Quidditch Pitch, the Owlery, the Covered Bridge, and who knows what else.  Includes a Marauder's Map display stand with minifigures of James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter with animal molds of their Animagus forms.  Is this unlikely?  Oh yes, but there is precedent: Ninjago City Docks, which was also an add-on that was less well-received than the original Ninjago City.  Despite the fact that a lot of people are not interested in microscale, that Hogwarts Castle from 2017 was (I think) a super hot seller, and it won at least one Toy of the Year award.  Even my local library, which is, admittedly, ridiculously well-endowed, bought a copy of that set for display, and everyone loved it.

That said, Diagon Alley still seems the most probable.  

Edited by RogueTwo

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That was a $100 set so it'd have to be 3-4 times as large as that set

Also with the Hogwarts Express, every carriage looks the same. With many other train sets, they have multiple different carriage designs.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Ministry of magic :devil:

Uh oh that would ruffle some feathers re a certain someone...

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Diagon Alley is by far the most likely, all the more so because of its conspicuous absence so far (although Gringotts next year could be pretty realistic).

The only other thing I can think of--and this actually doesn't seem too far-fetched to me--is an expansion to the previous UCS Hogwarts.  Hear me out.  The first one is still available for purchase, and includes the Great Hall, the main tower, and the Viaduct Entrance, and that's about it.  For $400, we could conceivably get the other half of the castle with the Clock Tower (and courtyard), the Astronomy Tower, the greenhouses, the Quidditch Pitch, the Owlery, the covered bridge, and who knows what else.  Includes a Marauder's Map display stand with minifigures of James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter with animal molds of their Animagus forms.  Is this unlikely?  Oh yes, but there is precedent: Ninjago City Docks, which was also an add-on that was less well-received than the original.  Despite the fact that a lot of people are not interested in microscale, that Hogwarts Castle from 2017 was (I think) a super hot seller, and it won at least one Toy of the Year award.  Even my local library, which is, admittedly, ridiculously well-endowed, bought a copy of that set for display, and everyone loved it.

That said, Diagon Alley still seems the most probable.  

But with Ninjago City docks, that can be a standalone set. A Hogwarts extension... not so much. If someone was going to buy only one, they'd buy the one with the Great Hall and Staircase, as that's the most recognisable part and what most people think of when you mention Hogwarts. I'm not sure people would buy just the expansion.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Disney Train and Station is $330. That includes a long train (engine, fuel car, and two passenger cars), a big station, oval track, the Power Up components (88009 hub and 88011 motor). The Power Up components still weren't available by themselves yet. They are now. That pair components is $64 by itself. To get to $400, they would need at a train at least that big, a very large station platform scene, possibly something like thestrals and carriages for the "Hogwarts side", and the Power Up components.