Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

ooohh I hope that Rumor is true about micrOscale! I woulD Def love to place it next to mY castle :) 

Excuse me? Voldemort gtfo I know it’s you

Edited by RODDY

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Excuse me? Voldemort gtfo I know it’s you

Please just report and ignore. We don’t want to get shut down again 

Just now, RODDY said:

Already did like a couple days ago, but again nothing was done

Maybe try sending a direct message to one of the moderators

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Maybe try sending a direct message to one of the moderators

Sure I’ll give it a shot. 

The best way to to deal with these people is to properly report them and just get back to the discussion. 

For instance, when do we think we’ll get official images of the CMF?

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The best way to to deal with these people is to properly report them and just get back to the discussion. 

For instance, when do we think we’ll get official images of the CMF?

Does anyone one know how far in advance they leaked before CMF Series 1? With a September 1 release date, I’m guessing we’ll see them mid-July, but I really hope some elements start leaking sooner. Like I would pay money to see a little blue Cornish Pixie accessory. That would sustain me until for at least a couple weeks :laugh:

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Does anyone one know how far in advance they leaked before CMF Series 1? With a September 1 release date, I’m guessing we’ll see them mid-July, but I really hope some elements start leaking sooner. Like I would pay money to see a little blue Cornish Pixie accessory. That would sustain me until for at least a couple weeks :laugh:

For Series 1, Voldemort leaked at least a month in advance, but that was it.

Hi everybody - reminder that you can report private messages just like you can report posts. If anyone is asking you weird things or for personal info in a message, you can report it.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, The Pearson said:

I actually order the sets from them yesterday. How long do orders from them typically take to arrive?

22 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Where in the US do you live? I'm on the east coast and it's nearly $50 USD in shipping so it makes it cost more than retail

I live in Washington state, but I ordered basically every August set (Ninjago, HP, and Superheroes), so it was overwhelmingly worth it in the end. Last year when I did the same, they arrived on June 11 or 12, but who knows if that will be extended by a bit due to COVID restrictions and all. At least it isn't an August 1 wait!

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

So I built the Astronomy Tower this afternoon and you get four mandrakes all with the same print. But at first I thought there were two different prints because to me if you turn the print upside down it looks like the Mandrake is laughing - it's a trick of the eye but very cute. ?

do you have any pictures of it joint to the rest of hogwarts or maybe with the room of requirement

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

For Series 1, Voldemort leaked at least a month in advance, but that was it.

I remember that! In hindsight the debate about whether or not he was legitimate or a fake was hilarious. 

52 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I remember that! In hindsight the debate about whether or not he was legitimate or a fake was hilarious. 

I don’t think it helped that Nagini didn’t (and still doesn’t) look like a Lego piece ??

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t think it helped that Nagini didn’t (and still doesn’t) look like a Lego piece ??

it really does look like it could be made of clay 

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

And finally - I know this isn’t technically a small creature but I have waited for this Lego piece my entire life - a UNICORN. How cool would it be to get a Forbidden Forest set from Philsophers Stone that featured: Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze, Caped Quirrel/Voldy, and a Unicorn.

While I would love to see a LEGO unicorn, it‘s not going to happen in this context. The only specimen we see in HP is a DEAD one. I doubt they‘d ever include a fresh corpse in a set :laugh_hard:

Realistacally though, none of LEGO's snakes look like LEGO. It always blew me away that the old LEGO snakes are weaved basically in the shape to go around studs. But that they just don'! Lol. Are there actually any LEGO snakes compatible with LEGO? Rofl.

Just had a look and there is a cobra from the CMF and maybe one weird looking one from Ninjago.

Edited by chris6507

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Realistacally though, none of LEGO's snakes look like LEGO. It always blew me away that the old LEGO snakes are weaved basically in the shape to go around studs. But that they just don'! Lol. Are there actually any LEGO snakes compatible with LEGO? Rofl.

Just had a look and there is a cobra from the CMF and maybe one weird looking one from Ninjago.

the coiled up snake.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Ah yes, I remember the 2011 castle had a snake on the floor of a ‘dungeon’ space and I spent several minutes trying to get it to stick down on the studs before finally realizing that the blasted thing didn’t actually fit like I thought it would - pretty sure the only previous sets of gotten snakes in were ones like the CoS or Slytherin common room were they’re clipped to the wall, so the revelation that they didn’t fit around studs was a bit shocking. 

I ordered the sets yesterday, they'll be arriving tonight. However the Burrow is arriving tomorrow. Once I finish the Astronomy Tower tonight/tomorrow then I'll make a display with all Hogwarts castle pieces together and link to the photo's on here. :) Not sure how I'll arrange them. Currently I got it exterior facing from left to right: GH, CT, and WW with RoR standing unconnected behind the Great Hall due to how it's being displayed at the moment.

10 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Ooohh, The Burrow arrived in time for the weekend. Finally some Harry Potter building!

Have fun! =D

Edited by Salix

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’d love a new Krum shark head and some specifically molded Horcruxes 

Do you want to get all Horcruxes or are there any you can come to terms with using an already existing piece?

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Well we already know we’re getting a new Fawkes, which was 100% needed, so that’s great. 

I love that version of Fawkes! The leaked image came out just after a few days I considered getting the old version of him, now I'm glad I didn't! But I can think about another mould of him: A flying version, just like the new Hedwig :wub:

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It would also be cool if we got Hermione’s beaded bag in the Deathly Hallows sets next year. 

I really hope to get one and not just a print on a 1x1 tile!

10 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Such a good question. I have a long list:

- Fang (I guess he’s more of a medium creature than a small one)

- Crookshanks

- Pygmy Puff

- Pigwidgeon (baby owl)

- Baby Thestral

- Baby Norbert

- a proper Bowtruckle 

- a purple printed pentagon shaped chocolate frog box 

- a printed Bertie Bott’s box

- a mug of Butterbeer

- a new Werewolf mold head for Professor Lupin

- a big mean Hog’s Head to hang inside Hog’s Head Tavern (like the one in Universal Studios’ Wizarding World)

- Grindylow

- The Elder Wand

- Cornish Pixie (I want LOTS of these. Part of the reason I’m planning to get a whole box of CMF Series 2 is that I’m banking on this being Professor Lockhart’s accessory - if we get Lockhart)

- And finally - I know this isn’t technically a small creature but I have waited for this Lego piece my entire life - a UNICORN. How cool would it be to get a Forbidden Forest set from Philsophers Stone that featured: Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze, Caped Quirrel/Voldy, and a Unicorn.

How could I forget Fluffy and Padfoot?!
Must have these too.

Wow, you have a lot of good ideas, even more I've thought about! I could imagine that if there is a Hogsmeade set sometime in the future, we will get a lot of the sweets you listed. If there was a pentagon shaped tile as a chocolate frog, I'd be pretty sure we'd see this piece in a Dots set first :laugh:

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And I agree that it’s past time we got a proper Crookshanks too. The series 1 CMF used the standard cat mold but I think a different breed of cat is long overdue considering how many dogs we have now. A proper long haired Crookshanks would look stunning. 

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who isn't really happy with the CMF version of Crookshanks! As you said, there are so many different dogs but what about the cats? (the pony style ones from the Friends line don't count) Speaking about cats, there is Mrs Norris as well who would deserve a special mould.

Edited by 8fifty

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

Do you want to get all Horcruxes or are there any you can come to terms with using an already existing piece?

The locket definitely needs a new mold, so does the diadem. We got the diary and Nagini and those two are perfect. The ring would be great as a new mold but I think I would be satisfied with a 1x1 round printed tile. I think the cup would be ok as just the trophy mold (like the one in the Great Hall and Quidditch Match). I wouldn’t say no to a printed badger on it but I’m not sure if they can even print on that piece.

For new molds, I’d love to see a molded Elder Wand (though that may be difficult) and a Resurrection Stone. The Stone could be just a print on a 1x1 tile or I guess they could use a black pyramid piece. I’d also like new Horcrux molds but it just seems like they’d be difficult given how small most of them are. 

I wasn‘t on this site for over a week now. Any other news except the Advent Calendar being GoF themed?