Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Man I caved today and bought the HP sets from Ebay, couldn’t wait all the way till August. Might regret it later but eh what are you going to do

I’m about to do the same. Which sets did you order? Do you mind if I asked how much you paid? Right now it looks like the Astronomy Tower is going for at least $180.

1 hour ago, Ashleybricks said:

Me tooo ?

1 hour ago, LegoLegend said:

Lol i just did the same! You're not alone

Good to know I’m in good company lol.

13 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m about to do the same. Which sets did you order? Do you mind if I asked how much you paid? Right now it looks like the Astronomy Tower is going for at least $180.

I ordered the Astronomy Tower for about $190 with taxes and shipping and handling. I also ordered The Burrow for $175. Those were my two most anticipated sets so I held off on buying the rest till August. 

13 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I ordered the Astronomy Tower for about $190 with taxes and shipping and handling. I also ordered The Burrow for $175. Those were my two most anticipated sets so I held off on buying the rest till August. 

Crikey, you really do want these sets don’t you ?

“The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord thinks he has won... born to the thread with the first letter R, will die at the hand of a lover... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but the Dark Lord will destroy him in ways R knows not... either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...“

haha all fun and games ♥️ Grateful for this forum 

3 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

There’s a German bricklink store selling them for much cheaper than retail called Steinchenwelt; I have ordered from them quite a few times in the past (in the US) and even plus shipping, it is way cheaper than retail - for example, I paid 70 euros for the Astronomy Tower and 48 for Privet Drive.

2 minutes ago, legozebra said:

There’s a German bricklink store selling them for much cheaper than retail called Steinchenwelt; I have ordered from them quite a few times in the past (in the US) and even plus shipping, it is way cheaper than retail - for example, I paid 70 euros for the Astronomy Tower and 48 for Privet Drive.

I actually order the sets from them yesterday. How long do orders from them typically take to arrive?

8 minutes ago, legozebra said:

and even plus shipping, it is way cheaper than retail 

Where in the US do you live? I'm on the east coast and it's nearly $50 USD in shipping so it makes it cost more than retail

15 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Where in the US do you live? I'm on the east coast and it's nearly $50 USD in shipping so it makes it cost more than retail

Also East Coast. NC, specifically.

Wait so why did lord Voldemort get banned? Obviously I know what he’s like and it’s well deserved, but I imagine he did something recently in the past few days to cause it to finally happen?

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

Huh, so you really paid $165 more just to get two sets a month or two earlier. Lego fans will never stop to amaze me :laugh_hard:

Just now, Legoniche said:

Wait so why did lord Voldemort get banned? Obviously I know what he’s like and it’s well deserved, but I imagine he did something recently in the past few days to cause it to finally happen?

Spreading of fake info, forging of Instagram DM's and many members here reporting him and asking for a ban

5 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

People just didn't like him from what i've read- there's no way to prove the D2C isn't micro scale, or that the dm was fake i guess because the insta user kingnono was proven to be a fraud? I can't keep up i'm new lol

6 minutes ago, LegoLegend said:

[...] there's no way to prove the D2C isn't micro scale [...]

There is, it‘s called basic logic :tongue:

Besides, this wasn‘t his first offense, Voldy has posted fake leaks before. He was nothing but a troll, but I have to say, him creating a second account with the subtle user name ‚TomRiddle‘ did get a chuckle out of me.

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There is, it‘s called basic logic :tongue:

Besides, this wasn‘t his first offense, Voldy has posted fake leaks before. He was nothing but a troll, but I have to say, him creating a second account with the subtle user name ‚TomRiddle‘ did get a chuckle out of me.

He did?! Lol thats amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still on the forums somehow under a different name:laugh_hard:

Thanks guys! I knew about some of that stuff but I thought perhaps there was a cherry on top kind of thing- but definitely well deserved!

Let me clarify a few things:

1. We don't ban people because members report and ask for it. Reporting is useful because we staff are only volunteers and only have so much Eurobricks-time on our hands, so it draws something straight to our attention. However from there it's our call to look into it and take the action we deem appropriate from as objective a point of view as possible on a subjective platform. Sometimes that's a private chat, sometimes it's a ban, sometimes it's nothing at all.

2. "People not liking someone" is certainly not a reason that that person would be banned. There have been through the years and still are plenty of big personalities on Eurobricks, plenty of people who some other people might not like.

3. Creating multiple accounts is against our rules and anyone who does so will generally be banned unless it's an honest mistake.

4. Anybody who wants to stick around here to genuinely discuss the hobby - LEGO - will generally last, and anybody who instead is more interested in drawing attention to themselves, fighting, derailing topics and talking about other people rather than talking about LEGO might not.

5. I already said not to derail this topic with talk about other people and trolls any more, so I'm locking it for now. It was going so well for a brief while.

Keep it civil everyone—and stay on topic.

If there’s an issue, report it, do not engage. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Just now, Captain Nemo said:

Keep it civil everyone—and stay on topic.

If there’s an issue, report it, do not engage. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thank you!

So I built the Astronomy Tower this afternoon and you get four mandrakes all with the same print. But at first I thought there were two different prints because to me if you turn the print upside down it looks like the Mandrake is laughing - it's a trick of the eye but very cute. ?

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

So I built the Astronomy Tower this afternoon and you get four mandrakes all with the same print. But at first I thought there were two different prints because to me if you turn the print upside down it looks like the Mandrake is laughing - it's a trick of the eye but very cute. ?

Jealous! Can’t wait to build mine

12 minutes ago, Ashleybricks said:

Jealous! Can’t wait to build mine

Did you get yours from eBay too? I’m so tempted to just order mine now but $180 is twice retail. 

10 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Did you get yours from eBay too? I’m so tempted to just order mine now but $180 is twice retail. 

Ya me and Roddy did as well lol I’m impatient 

Wahey! We're back.

Well I thought I'd have a go at some transcribing to get some extra cash so that I can justify buying some Lego Harry Potter... got about $22 from 5ish hours' work today... not too bad considering it's freelancing, but not sure any amount of Lego is worth so much boredom lol.