Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, SuperChris said:

UK shoppers - has anyone who ordered any of the new sets from LEGO had them dispatched yet?

I haven’t, if you haven’t then I’m kinda glad I’m not alone ngl

14 minutes ago, Ashleybricks said:

Hi guys!!

Forgive me because I’m new here- 

when will the CMF be released the year? And have all of them leaked?

The CMF seems to be on track to release September 1st in Lego stores and on S@H, with secondary retailers releasing it slightly sooner as usual for the fall CMF release. 

As for leaks, we haven’t had a repeat of January’s DC series, which slowly leaked in its entirety last October, but an image of the front of the package leaked with 9 of the 16 characters on it back in March, but other than that no physical leaks. 

If you’re interested in which characters got leaked they were: 

- Professor Sprout w/ mandrake (different printing than the ones in the AT)

- Luna Lovegood in her quidditch fan outfit w/ lion headdress 

- Albus Dumbledore (Richard Harris version) w/ Fawkes 

- Kingsley Shacklebolt w/ broom

- Neville Longbottom w/ monster book of monsters

- Bellatrix Lestrange in prison robes 

- Harry Potter w/ Advanced Potions book

- Moaning Myrtle 

- Griphook w/ key

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Professor Sprout w/ mandrake (different printing than the ones in the AT)

I read that as different printing for Prof Sprout and got very confused, I’m tired, I need sleep ??

Building the Burrow atm...love it but missing one tile. 

Anyone else missing a dark orange 2x2 tile for the big clock?

1 hour ago, SuperChris said:

UK shoppers - has anyone who ordered any of the new sets from LEGO had them dispatched yet?

Nope ... And I ordered mine just after midnight.

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

@SuperChris just got an email saying my order has been shipped

When did you order if you don't mind me asking? I ordered The Burrow and the Student Pack at about 3 minutes past midnight, but no shipping yet.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

When did you order if you don't mind me asking? I ordered The Burrow and the Student Pack at about 3 minutes past midnight, but no shipping yet.

Of course I don’t mind you asking, I ordered at around 11:30-11:45 on May 31st, the sets went on sale about half an hour early

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Of course I don’t mind you asking, I ordered at around 11:30-11:45 on May 31st, the sets went on sale about half an hour early

Thank you. Ah okay. I went on the site at around 11.48 and saw they could be added to basket, but I waited a couple of minutes for it to add the Hot Rod. I never got an email to say anything would be delayed though so hopefully they will shop soon. :) Meanwhile I got my other sets from Amazon today so I have sets to build. ? But I've got ... to try ... and ... not ... build ... too ... quickly. ?

Thank you. Ah okay. I went on the site at around 11.48 and saw they could be added to basket, but I waited a couple of minutes for it to add the Hot Rod. I never got an email to say anything would be delayed though so hopefully they will shop soon. :) Meanwhile I got my other sets from Amazon today so I have sets to build. ? But I've got ... to try ... and ... not ... build ... too ... quickly. ?

I only ordered 2 sets so it might be because of that too (RoR and SP), but I wasn’t bothered about the Hot Rod because it’s £85 spend and I was only spend £35, so I ordered them early, I was gonna save these sets and build them all at once but I don’t think I have that ability to wait lmao ?

I only ordered 2 sets so it might be because of that too (RoR and SP), but I wasn’t bothered about the Hot Rod because it’s £85 spend and I was only spend £35, so I ordered them early, I was gonna save these sets and build them all at once but I don’t think I have that ability to wait lmao ?

To be honest I don't care about the Hot Rod as such, but it seemed stupid not to wait a couple of minutes when I was spending over £85. I know it's so hard to stop yourself lol, especially at the moment when Lego is more therapeutic than ever. I keel trying to tell myself to slow down because this will be it for a while (until the D2C), but it's so hard not to rip everything open when you want to see the figures and the new prints and everything. I managed to just build Hedwig today (the wing motion is very cool) and did so whilst listening to Audible's free version of The Tales Of Beedle the Bard - it seemed very appropriate, although unexpectedly gory at one point. ?

To be honest I don't care about the Hot Rod as such, but it seemed stupid not to wait a couple of minutes when I was spending over £85. I know it's so hard to stop yourself lol, especially at the moment when Lego is more therapeutic than ever. I keel trying to tell myself to slow down because this will be it for a while (until the D2C), but it's so hard not to rip everything open when you want to see the figures and the new prints and everything. I managed to just build Hedwig today (the wing motion is very cool) and did so whilst listening to Audible's free version of The Tales Of Beedle the Bard - it seemed very appropriate, although unexpectedly gory at one point. ?

Haha, yeah, whenever I buy the sets I immediately build them all which is annoying, but I do enjoy it, I don’t have audible unfortunately but I am currently listening to Philosopher’s Stone, got a few chapters to listen to now on Spotify, but I’ve heard the one chapter I wanted to hear so less interested now

Haha, yeah, whenever I buy the sets I immediately build them all which is annoying, but I do enjoy it, I don’t have audible unfortunately but I am currently listening to Philosopher’s Stone, got a few chapters to listen to now on Spotify, but I’ve heard the one chapter I wanted to hear so less interested now

Oh I enjoy it, but then it's like ... bother now I have to wait until next year. ? If you sign up for a free trial of Audible you can get Beedle free. I love the audio books too - what chapter were you interested in?

Oh I enjoy it, but then it's like ... bother now I have to wait until next year. ? If you sign up for a free trial of Audible you can get Beedle free. I love the audio books too - what chapter were you interested in?

The issue with that is that I forget to cancel free trials ??, and Diagon Alley, not for the chapter itself, but because it was read in part by Simon Callow, Bonnie Wright and Evanna Lynch, 2 of my favourite characters from HP (love Luna because of how she is, plus she’s Irish) and Simon Callow has an amazing voice perfect for audio books and anything even remotely Shakespearean (I’d say HP is fairly Shakespearean)

The issue with that is that I forget to cancel free trials ??, and Diagon Alley, not for the chapter itself, but because it was read in part by Simon Callow, Bonnie Wright and Evanna Lynch, 2 of my favourite characters from HP (love Luna because of how she is, plus she’s Irish) and Simon Callow has an amazing voice perfect for audio books and anything even remotely Shakespearean (I’d say HP is fairly Shakespearean)

Haha I see the dilemma. I was going to say that Evanna reads her part in TTBB really well - her voice is really crisp and clear. I need to catch up on the celebrity audio of PS. Thanks for reminding me! I shall listen to it whilst building tomorrow. ?

Haha I see the dilemma. I was going to say that Evanna reads her part in TTBB really well - her voice is really crisp and clear. I need to catch up on the celebrity audio of PS. Thanks for reminding me! I shall listen to it whilst building tomorrow. ?

I listened to it to be help me sleep, but now I’m back at work I’m actually sleeping fairly well and don’t want to miss anything by sleeping through it so I haven’t actually caught up, last one I listened to was Diagon Alley mainly because I don’t care for the cast of Cursed Child (or Cursed Child itself ??) so just haven’t listened to it yet, but the latest one is Dan Fogler (Jacob) and Alison Sudol (Queenie)

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I listened to it to be help me sleep, but now I’m back at work I’m actually sleeping fairly well and don’t want to miss anything by sleeping through it so I haven’t actually caught up, last one I listened to was Diagon Alley mainly because I don’t care for the cast of Cursed Child (or Cursed Child itself ??) so just haven’t listened to it yet, but the latest one is Dan Fogler (Jacob) and Alison Sudol (Queenie)

They are perfect for sleep lol. The times I've drifted in and out of sleep to a HP audio. Speaking of which, Simon Callow's voice is quite close to Stephen Fry's, just a little harsher at times. I've never had any interest in The Cursed Child, but Noma's voice is okay. Alison Sudol looks so different with long straight hair lol I didn't recognise her straight away. And Dan pulls some very funny faces from the quick snippet I just watched. ?

They are perfect for sleep lol. The times I've drifted in and out of sleep to a HP audio. Speaking of which, Simon Callow's voice is quite close to Stephen Fry's, just a little harsher at times. I've never had any interest in The Cursed Child, but Noma's voice is okay. Alison Sudol looks so different with long straight hair lol I didn't recognise her straight away. And Dan pulls some very funny faces from the quick snippet I just watched. ?

I agree about Callow, however I found his version of Hagrid sounded like Ray Winstone ??, and tbh I don’t watch them so I don’t know if I’m missing out or not, I just listen on Spotify as a podcast

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I agree about Callow, however I found his version of Hagrid sounded like Ray Winstone ??, and tbh I don’t watch them so I don’t know if I’m missing out or not, I just listen on Spotify as a podcast

Yes very Ray Winstone! Ah you miss the faces then lol.

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The CMF seems to be on track to release September 1st in Lego stores and on S@H, with secondary retailers releasing it slightly sooner as usual for the fall CMF release. 

As for leaks, we haven’t had a repeat of January’s DC series, which slowly leaked in its entirety last October, but an image of the front of the package leaked with 9 of the 16 characters on it back in March, but other than that no physical leaks. 

If you’re interested in which characters got leaked they were: 

- Professor Sprout w/ mandrake (different printing than the ones in the AT)

- Luna Lovegood in her quidditch fan outfit w/ lion headdress 

- Albus Dumbledore (Richard Harris version) w/ Fawkes 

- Kingsley Shacklebolt w/ broom

- Neville Longbottom w/ monster book of monsters

- Bellatrix Lestrange in prison robes 

- Harry Potter w/ Advanced Potions book

- Moaning Myrtle 

- Griphook w/ key

Thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm definitely not saying you can ? but I've heard rumours that if you just search HP audiobooks online and go to the first result after Audible, there's all the HP audiobooks free online, both Jim Dale and the OG Stephen Fry.

Stephen Fry's voice has always been my favourite from the audiobooks. Although some of the current actors they're getting in for the Wizarding World Harry Potter at home are pretty good. Simon Callow, Evanna Lynch, Olivia Coleman and Alia Bhatt are my favs atm.

(sorry for the long post unrelated to Lego)

Man I caved today and bought the HP sets from Ebay, couldn’t wait all the way till August. Might regret it later but eh what are you going to do

Just now, RODDY said:

Man I caved today and bought the HP sets from Ebay, couldn’t wait all the way till August. Might regret it later but eh what are you going to do

Lol i just did the same! You're not alone

Just now, RODDY said:

Me tooo ?

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Same Roddy, same. No regrets for me tho ??