Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Now you know you have to mod a Burrow that has a removable back wall.  :wink:

I’m a purist, modding isn’t my style :grin:

8 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I just watched a video of Buildable Hedwig flapping its wings. Wow, it's amazing! So fluid and realistic. I now kind of want the set lol

It indeed looks amazing, way better than anticipated! They should’ve added a short video to s@h to demonstrate the feature. It’s a clear selling point after all

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan posted the Harry Potter pages on his story a few days ago but aside from the summer sets there's nothing new for Harry Potter. The Carriage and Graveyard were featured in  last years catalogue so if HP had more sets they should've been in there, especially considering Star Wars' upcoming exclusives are all shown. 

Playing Devil's Advocate, the catalogue didn't show off the upcoming The Child (Baby Yoda) buildable figure, so there is still a chance that there is another HP set. I don't believe there will be, but it can't be 100% ruled out.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Was the D2C Hogwarts and the GWP Diagon Alley included in that catalogue?

Nope, but D2Cs and GWPs are never included in there. It’s a retailer catalogue, so they’re only showing sets that are actually available at retailers :laugh: The only catalogues that include this type of exclusive are the s@h ones

41 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I just watched a video of Buildable Hedwig flapping its wings. Wow, it's amazing! So fluid and realistic. I now kind of want the set lol

It's the movement that's made me buy it, because when I first saw the images I wasn't that impressed with the overall look, but seeing the wing motion made me just want to get it. It looks very therapeutic. I should be getting it later today. ? 

45 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Playing Devil's Advocate, the catalogue didn't show off the upcoming The Child (Baby Yoda) buildable figure, so there is still a chance that there is another HP set. I don't believe there will be, but it can't be 100% ruled out.

The Child statue doesn't come out untill November, catalogues never show stuff that far away 

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Child statue doesn't come out untill November, catalogues never show stuff that far away 

Interesting!  So we could potentially still get more Harry Potter stuff in a third wave?  That would be a major change of tradition, but clearly LEGO's plans for this theme are expanding as it grows in popularity.  As others have reiterated, the chances of another retailer exclusive this year are slim to none (and my wallet is glad of that!) but at this point we'll just have to wait and see.

On another note, if I had to choose between the Hogwarts Astronomy Tower and The Burrow, which do people prefer?

EDIT: @Retro Brick Reviews I was watching your YouTube channel (at least I think it's you) and you seemed pretty sure that the new sets will be released in July in the United States.  I really hope so.  I thought about asking Customer Service, but figured that even if they knew, they wouldn't be allowed to confirm it.  My guess is that the August release date is provisional, depending on whether factories can produce enough before July, but who knows?

Edited by RogueTwo

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly. Nothing beyond September is ever shown in there, otherwise we would have seen the Star Wars Sequel trilogy and Hobbit sets way earlier than we actually did :laugh:

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Interesting!  So we could potentially still get more Harry Potter stuff in a third wave?  That would be a major change of tradition, but clearly LEGO's plans for this theme are expanding as it grows in popularity. 

I like the way you think. Maybe this is where things got lost in translation with KingNoKnow’s source? I would kill for a Grimmauld Place set, which would explain the confusion around the OotP Christmas scene... Bring on the third wave!

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

I like the way you think. Maybe this is where things got lost in translation with KingNoKnow’s source? I would kill for a Grimmauld Place set, which would explain the confusion around the OotP Christmas scene... Bring on the third wave!

We now know that Kingnono doesn't have a source, so nothing could get lost in translation. He directly "confirmed" that Advent Calendar is based on OoTP, which was wrong.

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

I did not mean to start new rumors.  Personally, I think Grimmauld Place (either as Advent Calendar vignettes or a whole model) would be better off next year instead of this fall.  But like I said, who knows?  I hope for your sake that you get your Grimmauld Place soon!  :classic:  But we will just have to wait and see what happens, because I honestly have no idea.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We now know that Kingnono doesn't have a source, so nothing could get lost in translation. He directly "confirmed" that Advent Calendar is based on OoTP, which was wrong.

Do we, though? Even Falconfan (I believe it was Falconfan - apologies if it was someone else on here) said it was possible Kingnono had a source in the beginning. I’d be careful on asserting what we “know” and don’t know. People were listing Kingnono’s clues as “confirmed” facts on here just a few days ago, while others were careful to continue referring to them as rumors. Anything is possible. Only time will tell.

For those in the US, is the Hogwarts students pack already available or going to be available in LEGO stores anytime soon? I was planning on making a trip soon to a store that's offering curbside to pick up a couple first wave HP sets (which are sold out everywhere else), and I'm wondering if I should wait for the student pack to be available before I go. The website doesn't show them in stock in stores anywhere near me yet.

18 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

For those in the US, is the Hogwarts students pack already available or going to be available in LEGO stores anytime soon? I was planning on making a trip soon to a store that's offering curbside to pick up a couple first wave HP sets (which are sold out everywhere else), and I'm wondering if I should wait for the student pack to be available before I go. The website doesn't show them in stock in stores anywhere near me yet.

Me neither (I live in the Chicago area).  I would not wait to go to the store, because those wave-one sets might become even scarcer.  The Hogwarts Student Pack seems to have plenty of online stock, so you should be fine for a little while.

49 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I ordered mine from the LEGO S@H site. They’re already on their way.

i just called a nearby LEGO store that just opened up today, apparently they're already getting swamped with calls about the bigger sets (MF and Hogwarts Castle) lol. Luckily he said they have plenty of first wave HP sets so I don't need to worry, and that they're getting a new shipment of stuff in next week. Not sure if that shipment will include the student pack though.

I just watched a review of the new Hedwig set and I'm surprised. The set looks a lot better than I previously thought and I'm actually considering buying it now.

All things considered I’m actually not personally disappointed much with the recent revelation: we still have lots of great new sets this year including a much desired student figure pack and a full CMF series to look forward to later in the year and the AC with has exclusive figures confirmed. I think we should have been a bit suspicious of the idea of a GP Callander given the limited figure selection available (half of them would need to be repeats of existing figures/prints) and it wouldn’t integrate much with any existing set.

We should presume next years AC will be Slug Club themed: repeats of Slughorn and the trio from the AT set likely with exclusives of Draco and Mclaggen maybe to warrant the purchase for those with the AT already.

I would expect a GP AC after the release of a GP set, which itself might apear alongside or after Kreacher appearing in CMF series 3 at the earliest. 

Be happy this theme has such longevity potential for a few more years yet :)

So I couldn’t be bothered to read the last 10 pages and Lego leaks is blocked with rubbish- can someone tell me if there’s been any new leaks or information in the last week/ 10 pages- thanks in advance! 

5 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

So I couldn’t be bothered to read the last 10 pages and Lego leaks is blocked with rubbish- can someone tell me if there’s been any new leaks or information in the last week/ 10 pages- thanks in advance! 

nope there isn't, only two things were discovered: 1 Kingnono is quite possibly fake 2 LordVoldemort got banned and all the drama surrounding that.

Oh yes i didn’t know Lord voldemort got banned! I already found it weirdly unproblematic today?

Hi guys!!

Forgive me because I’m new here- 

when will the CMF be released the year? And have all of them leaked?

1 hour ago, Brick Guru said:

I just watched a review of the new Hedwig set and I'm surprised. The set looks a lot better than I previously thought and I'm actually considering buying it now.

Same I'm shocked!

Edited by LegoLegend

Ordered a second copy of The Burrow from an online retailer with the hopes of some Harry Potter gratification this weekend, but now they are a bit on the slow side with shipping it. Grmphf.

I may have to resort to finally building that Hogwarts set.