Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, 8fifty said:

You should definitely consider doing this, it always helps me holding out during that cruel time of the half-year :wink:

I'd really like to but the other Lego sets at home (which hopefully I'll finally have access to soon) are kind of also my post-exam treat... although the novelty has kinda worn off by this point lol

45 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ha that’s brilliant, I’m exactly the same! The only reason I justified buying the Astronomy Tower was as a reward for finishing my degree (tho I’ll have to wait a while for my grades :grin:)

Haha glad I'm not the only one! Congratulations :) I'm guessing you had some sort of online exam?

Hey, maybe the D2C isn't really Diagon Alley. Maybe it's a life-size brick-built Dobby. Or maybe it's just a single 4500-5000 piece Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. I'm sure demand would be off the charts for both of those.

A seller has just the polybag sealed for the BYOA book for £4.34 on eBay. Would you guys say this is worth getting? Has anyone found any good ways to implement it into their Hogwarts setup?

Or do things like this usually go much cheaper with the book included in a few years time? I'm happy to wait, and it's a cool book but I'm not bothered with the book itself really.

Edited by sammy_zammy

34 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Hey, maybe the D2C isn't really Diagon Alley. Maybe it's a life-size brick-built Dobby. Or maybe it's just a single 4500-5000 piece Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. I'm sure demand would be off the charts for both of those.

I’m pretty sure a $400 brick built Dobby would probably be approaching life sized. That could be pretty cool actually, but I would imagine that Lego would want to see how the build able Hedwig does before they try anymore large scale brick built characters. 

41 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Like I've said before we NEED a UCS Dobby's sock. A brick built Dobby with sock would be better than nothing but I want a larger than life replica of Harry's stinky sock.

55 minutes ago, autolycus said:

Maybe it's a life-size brick-built Dobby.

Would go well with the rumored brick-built baby yoda! Both cute fan-favorite characters from their respective franchises

6 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Looks much better!

Not trying to complainj but... Is it me or is the Astronomy Tower very... flat? In both shape and also colour (if you get what I mean).

Another thing that I've decided I don't like about it is that it's got an open side and not just back - meaning that it might only look good from multiple angles. I don't think they had this 2-wall design for any of the other Hogwarts sets right?

I take this back. I just watched AustrianLegoFan's video - for some reason I assumed there weren't any stickers on the front! But it's not stickers, it's the masonry bricks there aren't any of on the front, there's plenty of stickers, which make it look much better. I'm back in love with this set!

18 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Like I've said before we NEED a UCS Dobby's sock. A brick built Dobby with sock would be better than nothing but I want a larger than life replica of Harry's stinky sock.

The Dobby would obviously have a brick-built sock with studs showing on top and bare plates on the bottom. It would also come with 2 mini figures: 1) an exclusive Lucius Malfoy mini figure with all new hair mold, cloak, new face print, arm print on torso, and dual-molded legs with printing around waist and upper thigh. 2) Harry Potter (hp150 - https://brickset.com/minifigs/hp150/harry-potter-gryffindor-sweater)

Edited by autolycus

7 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Speaking of displaying the modular Hogwarts sets, just out of curiosity, how do you guys have them set up currently? Front-facing or back-facing, and with minifigures inside the sets or displayed separately?

We also get Moody's classroom in the clock tower, so he fits in perfectly there

Mine is exterior facing out. I have the minifigs suffocating in their own plastic baggies in a box. I need to find a worthwhile spot to display them as well as the Castle. 

Yes the same person keeps coming back and we're doing our best to stay on top of it. Sometimes it's not an easy process.

The best thing for all of you to do, as I've said, is 100% ignore and use the Report button to alert staff if you need to.

From here on out I'm going to be hiding anything to do with LordVoldemort and associates clones, and urge you all to stop talking about it.

Does anyone have more info on this catalogue that revealed all the new LEGO Star Wars sets and the Advent Calendars?

Have we seen any of the Harry Potter pages (other than the Advent Calendar)?

Is this catalogue something that comes out annually and, if so, do we know which LEGO Harry Potter sets were featured in 2018 and 2019?

I’m especially curious to know if the Beauxbatons Carriage and the Graveyard Battle were featured last year.

Part of me is still holding out hope that we are going to get one or two surprise sets like last year... Ideally Grimmauld Place and the Ministry Atrium battle.

Thank you! We appreciate helping to keep this discussion as on-topic as possible with a bunch of us impatient Harry Potter LEGO nerds.

13 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Part of me is still holding out hope that we are going to get one or two surprise sets like last year... Ideally Grimmauld Place and the Ministry Atrium battle.

If we get any more this year, I’m officially going from “collect every set” to “only but the ones that I really love.”  It’s hard, because I love them all, but seriously, this hobby is too expensive for me to justify buying some stuff.

Of the two you mentioned, I’d say the Atrium Battle is far more likely.  But that’s obviously complete speculation, and I doubt there are any more secret catalogue pages.  To be fair, though, at this point nothing that 2020 can throw at me would surprise me.  

15 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Is this catalogue something that comes out annually and, if so, do we know which LEGO Harry Potter sets were featured in 2018 and 2019?

I’m especially curious to know if the Beauxbatons Carriage and the Graveyard Battle were featured last year.

I'm pretty sure it's just leaks of the regular June-December 2020 Catalogue that I assume should be out soon.

If that's the case, then the answer to your question is that yes, they were in last years catalogue as you can see at the following link:

https://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/2hy2019/aus/?page=92

This is just my assumption as that's what the current leaks look like they are from.

I'm not hugely in the know, but I have not seen pics of the harry potter pages. One person told me they have. But I can't find it anywhere.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I saw it on someone's Instagram story, I think @Falconfan1414's. It didn't have any new sets besides what we already know, and no additional pics of the advent calendar besides the box.

Pfff, I’m not waiting 60 days for the Burrow, so I ordered it from Smyths as well. Any ideas for what to do with the second copy? I have a small collection of MINT condition duplicate sets, but this will by far the largest set I ever got a second copy of (the previous “record holder” was the 2010 Landspeeder). Maybe sell it in a couple of years? :shrug_oh_well:

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Pfff, I’m not waiting 60 days for the Burrow, so I ordered it from Smyths as well. Any ideas for what to do with the second copy? I have a small collection of MINT condition duplicate sets, but this will by far the largest set I ever got a second copy of (the previous “record holder” was the 2010 Landspeeder). Maybe sell it in a couple of years? :shrug_oh_well:

Assuming you are waiting 60 days for it because you ordered from Lego? Since they don't take payment until dispatch id just cancel the order. Unless of course you want 2 copies....

On 6/1/2020 at 2:47 AM, Micmac said:

If you are happy to pay lego prices the Lego shop in Doncaster has the Room of requirement

Tiny little bit off topic .. but this .. after trawling through all those last pages of nothingness ( I’ve not been keeping up for a few days ) but this made me smile.

when I read the comment bout the Lego shop in Doncaster having the ROR .. I thought “but we haven’t got a lego store” .. Hey @Micmac from Doncaster UK :iamded_lol: ( not Australia )

5 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Does anyone have more info on this catalogue that revealed all the new LEGO Star Wars sets and the Advent Calendars?

Falconfan posted the Harry Potter pages on his story a few days ago but aside from the summer sets there's nothing new for Harry Potter. The Carriage and Graveyard were featured in  last years catalogue so if HP had more sets they should've been in there, especially considering Star Wars' upcoming exclusives are all shown. 

3 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Tiny little bit off topic .. but this .. after trawling through all those last pages of nothingness ( I’ve not been keeping up for a few days ) but this made me smile.

when I read the comment bout the Lego shop in Doncaster having the ROR .. I thought “but we haven’t got a lego store” .. Hey @Micmac from Doncaster UK :iamded_lol: ( not Australia )

Its Australia, The English named half the county hence the confusion. It's a suburb here in Melbourne.

4 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Assuming you are waiting 60 days for it because you ordered from Lego? Since they don't take payment until dispatch id just cancel the order. Unless of course you want 2 copies....

I’ve paid with VIP points, so cancelling the order would be rather tricky. Besides, I don’t like cancelling orders :grin: Eh, I’ll make space and add it to my duplicate collection. I don’t think it’ll be worth all that much in the future since most of the sets that increased heavily in value are from a time when people didn’t realise how much collectors are willing to pay for rare sets. Now that everyone and their grandma are hoarding sets for that purpose, the increase in worth will be far less extreme :shrug_oh_well: Which is a good thing, can’t stand scalpers

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan posted the Harry Potter pages on his story a few days ago but aside from the summer sets there's nothing new for Harry Potter. The Carriage and Graveyard were featured in  last years catalogue so if HP had more sets they should've been in there, especially considering Star Wars' upcoming exclusives are all shown. 

Exactly. It also doesn’t make any sense to release a single retailer exclusive as its own wave of sorts. This wave already has an exclusive, namely the Burrow. Sure, we  did get a second wave last year, but there are three key differences: it were two sets, they weren’t exclusives (I think) and there was neither a D2C set nor a CMF series. In that regard, this year should be compared to 2018 rather than 2019 :classic:

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’ve paid with VIP points, so cancelling the order would be rather tricky. Besides, I don’t like cancelling orders :grin: Eh, I’ll make space and add it to my duplicate collection. I don’t think it’ll be worth all that much in the future since most of the sets that increased heavily in value are from a time when people didn’t realise how much collectors are willing to pay for rare sets. 

Now you know you have to mod a Burrow that has a removable back wall.  :wink:

I just watched a video of Buildable Hedwig flapping its wings. Wow, it's amazing! So fluid and realistic. I now kind of want the set lol

41 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. It also doesn’t make any sense to release a single retailer exclusive as its own wave of sorts. This wave already has an exclusive, namely the Burrow. Sure, we  did get a second wave last year, but there are three key differences: it were two sets, they weren’t exclusives (I think) and there was neither a D2C set nor a CMF series. In that regard, this year should be compared to 2018 rather than 2019 :classic:

That’s why I asked for clarification. If this year’s wave is better compared to 2018 - does any one have the catalogue from that year? Was the D2C Hogwarts and the GWP Diagon Alley included in that catalogue?