Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

You can't be everybody's darling, right :tongue:

I've just added a few more including a little GIF to show the fireplace, hope you guys like it :blush:

Hahaha, very true ??, I’ll have to take a look at your new pics ??

Just looked and god damn I love the look of that set ?

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't want to clutter up the thread so I won't post any pictures here but they're on my IG page (@lego_guyon02). I'll add more pictures of my 2020 Hogwarts after I've built and added the new sets

Ah, okay. I'll check it out, thanks.

I ordered the burrow yesterday, lego didn’t say it was sold out when I ordered so i hope it’ll come this week??

1 minute ago, Melle_24 said:

I ordered the burrow yesterday, lego didn’t say it was sold out when I ordered so i hope it’ll come this week??

The set is on backorder in the Netherlands, next shipment is on June 11th

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, it’s on Backorder in the UK too, i was looking at all the sets the other night telling myself not to buy them and it was on backorder like 2 hours after release lmao ?

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm only one person obviously, but I received my Room Of Requirement set from Amazon UK today and I got the correct Hermione torso. I was dubious so I checked the bags as soon as I opened the box lol.

Good to know, thanks! I’m glad it’s not all of them

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Speaking of displaying the modular Hogwarts sets, just out of curiosity, how do you guys have them set up currently? Front-facing or back-facing, and with minifigures inside the sets or displayed separately?

My Hogwarts display is front facing. I’ve split up the Whomping Willow set a bit to give it a better flow. It’s easy enough to disconnect each set and spin them around to move minifigs around. When the Astronomy Tower arrives, I’m connecting it on the right side next to that section of up the Whomping Willow set and moving my Hagrid’s Hut to one of my built-in bookshelves where I have more LEGO sets mixed in. Room if Requirement will connect to that but face inwards. Hopefully I have enough room!

yGbvV2Z_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

33 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

My Hogwarts display is front facing. I’ve split up the Whomping Willow set a bit to give it a better flow. It’s easy enough to disconnect each set and spin them around to move minifigs around. When the Astronomy Tower arrives, I’m connecting it on the right side next to that section of up the Whomping Willow set and moving my Hagrid’s Hut to one of my built-in bookshelves where I have more LEGO sets mixed in. Room if Requirement will connect to that but face inwards. Hopefully I have enough room!

I must say I’m disappointed by the lack of Tolkien in this bookshelf...haha just kidding, nice clean looking display, I like the dementors

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh thanks lego for sending me an e-mail to inform me about it!:hmpf:

5 minutes ago, TomRiddle said:

Hey guys i'm a little confused as to why this user is being reported and bullied? KINGNONO was proved fraud and he was proven true. The MOD asked to change subject and you all continued to attack him? Why isn't the MOD stepping in to his job? I can't imagine he will ban the one being bullied here, who followed the rules.

This is a very reasonable prediction. 

Seriously? Like we aren’t going to notice you’re the same user and you joined 20 minutes ago after possibly being locked out? You’re unbelievable 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Seriously? Like we aren’t going to notice you’re the same user

Duuuuude, don’t give him the time of day, it’s easy to see he’s the same person, LV’s account is banned, active 18 minutes ago (when I looked) and this account was made 18 minutes ago (looked at same time), but can we stop before the mods come back and kick some genuinely good people (like yourself) for calling out idiocy

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

People. Please carry on with a sensible discussion from here on out. The amount of calling out, reporting, and back and forth is totally unwarranted. Consider this a friendly reminder to keep it all civil in here.

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I must say I’m disappointed by the lack of Tolkien in this bookshelf...haha just kidding, nice clean looking display, I like the dementors

Haha I have a whole shelf on my built-in bookcase dedicated to him with all the “Art of LotR” books from the movies too. Love me some Tolkien. And thanks man! I can’t have enough dementors. Every time I walk into this room I pick a dementor up and zoom him around the castle to terrorize the other minifigs for a minute or two :laugh:

Edited by sebastian666

4 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

People. Please carry on with a sensible discussion from here on out. The amount of calling out, reporting, and back and forth is totally unwarranted. Consider this a friendly reminder to keep it all civil in here.

Which is it? Report or don’t report? We’re getting mixed signals from you guys. 

There can’t possibly be a problem with reporting trolls.

56 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I got to make some pictures that you can find here :blush: I'm sorry for the bad lighting but my apartment is lacking some useful lamps :hmpf_bad: 

Unfortunately, I have no other set with me at the moment :sceptic: But I can try to catch some single photos which I would upload to the given folder :sweet:

It's okay, thank you for sharing photos of the set! It looks amazing :drool:

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm planning to sell some of the extra figures and the best time for that is right after release

I was considering doing the same so thank for this, I wasn't aware :)

40 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I've just added a few more including a little GIF to show the fireplace, hope you guys like it :blush:

Edit: It seems like the GIF doesn't work on Google Drive so I switched it to another hoster

Ooh that feature works really nicely.

26 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

*snip*

Dammit all these photos of Hogwarts setups makes me want to go out and buy the Astronomy Tower right now... must... resist...

Also I like your colour-coded bookshelf lol

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Which is it? Report or don’t report? We’re getting mixed signals from you guys. 

There can’t possibly be a problem with reporting trolls.

Report. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Those look much better :)

is that skirt from Lisa Simpson?

edit: sorry ignore me I have now read elsewhere it is custom :)

its one of Marge Simpsons sisters dress but i've cut a bit off it

Edited by Micmac

10 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

It's okay, thank you for sharing photos of the set! It looks amazing :drool:

I was considering doing the same so thank for this, I wasn't aware :)

Dammit all these photos of Hogwarts setups makes me want to go out and buy the Astronomy Tower right now... must... resist...

Also I like your colour-coded bookshelf lol

Do it! I can’t wait to start seeing how folks connect all 3 (3.5 if you count RoR) sets. 

Haha thanks - I’m a little OCD. Everything in its place. Which is why the “official” LEGO setup of the three castle sets drives me crazy. 

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Do it! I can’t wait to start seeing how folks connect all 3 (3.5 if you count RoR) sets. 

Haha thanks - I’m a little OCD. Everything in its place. Which is why the “official” LEGO setup of the three castle sets drives me crazy. 

I'm not giving in... I've told myself to buy all the 2018/19 sets first... I should wait until they're 20-30% off... I have 4 unbuilt sets at home waiting to built........ I want to get myself a post-exam treat...

43 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

It has farely much friction and in an unfortunate angle it is a little bit tough to operate, but I prefer that in contrast to an unwanted self-moving mechanism :laugh:

24 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I want to get myself a post-exam treat...

You should definitely consider doing this, it always helps me holding out during that cruel time of the half-year :wink:

51 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I'm not giving in... I've told myself to buy all the 2018/19 sets first... I should wait until they're 20-30% off... I have 4 unbuilt sets at home waiting to built........ I want to get myself a post-exam treat...

Ha that’s brilliant, I’m exactly the same! The only reason I justified buying the Astronomy Tower was as a reward for finishing my degree (tho I’ll have to wait a while for my grades :grin:)

Well I for one think LordVoldemort is speaking truth and King Know No is full of it. Sorry I know the mod said no more fighting I just needed to get that out. Thank you. 

17 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Oh my my my - look how the tables have turned.

I was the only one Predicting a micro scale Diagon Alley- and who shut me down? Kingnono and his army of followers (you all)

I found an AT leak right before leaked and asked kingnono if it was legit and he confirmed- but then posted that he doesn’t accept DM’s- and I was shut down once more (by you all) (and kingnono) who shocker- turns out to be a liar!

Im not actually mad, I find this actually
hilarious, I’m just glad the truth came out and justice has been served lol

Well I for one think LordVoldemort is speaking truth and King Know No is full of it. Sorry I know the mod said no more fighting I just needed to get that out. Thank you. 

Seriously? I'm starting to think perhaps a timeout of the thread would be for the best...

Don't forget what the mods said all - don't reply and don't feed the troll, report if you need to report. Keep the thread on track :)

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

I'm starting to think perhaps a timeout of the thread would be for the best...

Unfortunately I don’t think that will work ?