Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, KilZol said:

Anyone got the burrow yet

I think your question has been ignored so far but I wanted to wait until I finished the build - which has just happened :grin: So if you have any specific questions about the model or something else, feel free to ask :sweet:

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok wow a lot of drama here. I think I am trustworthy so let me say this to get it back on topic. Micro scale hogwarts was released for a reason. Diagon ally at $400 I would very much expect a minifigure scale set

Thank you for getting back on topic. Please everyone respect the MOD or you will get banned.

Back to discussing the sets :) 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok wow a lot of drama here. I think I am trustworthy so let me say this to get it back on topic. Micro scale hogwarts was released for a reason. Diagon ally at $400 I would very much expect a minifigure scale set

Can you go leak something please?:tongue: "Harry Potter will be in a set" will do, I'm sure we'll find a way to make at least 5 pages of conversation about it. We need something to talk about before the thread goes to pot again :laugh_hard:

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

I think your question has been ignored so far but I wanted to wait until I finished the build - which has just happened :grin: So if you have any specific questions about the model or something else, feel free to ask :sweet:

Not necessary if it's too much work for you but I'd love to get a good look at some of the stickered/printed pieces in the set (Chudley Cannons poster, Weird Sisters poster, Family picture etc) :grin:

3 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Are you able to provide photos? *oh2* maybe with some of the other sets to get a sense of scale if you want something specific, but just so we can marvel at non-rendered photos would be lovely!

Edited by sammy_zammy

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think the only argument against Diagon Alley at this point is that, while we know there’s a D2C and we know it’s $400, none of the leak sources have outright stated it’s DA, it’s really just our best guess at the moment. That’s not to say it isn’t a very educated guess, since there’s not much else that could be that large a scale and the micro GWP -> full sized D2C a couple years later pattern is pretty well established with creator expert sets. 

On a different note, someone mentioned Werewolf Lupin and reminded me that now that kingnoknow’s hints are thrown out the window there still a chance he’ll show up in the CMF. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

On a different note, someone mentioned Werewolf Lupin and reminded me that now that kingnoknow’s hints are thrown out the window there still a chance he’ll show up in the CMF. 

Don’t give me hope like that ?, although the ultimate kick would be if someone mentioned OotP SB ?

Just now, Accio Lego said:

That’s not to say it isn’t a very educated guess, since there’s not much else that could be that large a scale

UCS Harry's glasses confirmed

Btw is anyone here planning to make the Burrow fully enclosed? Curious as I recently saw some folks (not here) complaining about the sides being open.

Hogwarts Microscale. Hogwarts Minifig scale individual sets.

Diagon Alley Microscale. Diagon Alley mini fig scale individual sets.

LEGO is about making money. 

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Don’t give me hope like that ?, although the ultimate kick would be if someone mentioned OotP SB ?

Looks like OotP Sirius is back on the menu, boys! :moar: Seriously though, everything is possible again, so who knows... I personally wouldn't mind, OotP Sirius has been high on my wishlist too ever since the theme has returned

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like OotP Sirius is back on the menu, boys! :moar: Seriously though, everything is possible again, so who knows... I personally wouldn't mind, OotP Sirius has been high on my wishlist too ever since the theme has returned

He is highest of the high on my list, favourite version of my favourite character, although Werewolf Lupin is very close second, I just can’t wait for the rest of the figures to either leak or be announced because I’m bored of waiting now lmao ??

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

OotP Sirius has been high on my wishlist too ever since the theme has returned

Same here, it's my favorite version of my favorite character so getting him would be great :laugh:

5 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Hogwarts Microscale. Hogwarts Minifig scale individual sets.

Diagon Alley Microscale. Diagon Alley mini fig scale individual sets.

LEGO is about making money. 

My final reply to this: Why would Lego release 5 separate diagon alley sets when they can just put those all into one set for more revenue? :facepalm:

Mods, please already just ban [redacted] for spreading false information. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same here, it's my favorite version of my favorite character so getting him would be great :laugh:

Snap, haha, my custom is decent, but you can never beat official, I love all my customs but I really want official versions of them all ????

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not necessary if it's too much work for you but I'd love to get a good look at some of the stickered/printed pieces in the set (Chudley Cannons poster, Weird Sisters poster, Family picture etc) :grin:

I got to make some pictures that you can find here :blush: I'm sorry for the bad lighting but my apartment is lacking some useful lamps :hmpf_bad: 

19 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Are you able to provide photos? *oh2* maybe with some of the other sets to get a sense of scale if you want something specific, but just so we can marvel at non-rendered photos would be lovely!

Unfortunately, I have no other set with me at the moment :sceptic: But I can try to catch some single photos which I would upload to the given folder :sweet:

Just now, 8fifty said:

I got to make some pictures that you can find here :blush: I'm sorry for the bad lighting but my apartment is lacking some useful lamps :hmpf_bad: 

Unfortunately, I have no other set with me at the moment :sceptic: But I can try to catch some single photos which I would upload to the given folder :sweet:

I dislike you, because now you’ve made me jealous that I don’t have that set ??

In all seriousness, I’m very grateful for you taking the time to take these photos ☺️

Just now, 8fifty said:

These are great, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

My final reply to this: Why would Lego release 5 separate diagon alley sets when they can just put those all into one set for more revenue? :facepalm:

Mods, please already just ban [redacted] for spreading false information. 

I think it was a joke...

12 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Thanks for sharing, they look great. Really want this set but I'm gonna have to wait a bit :wink:

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

At least 60 days ??

Oh that's not the problem for me, I'm just waiting for the CMF to come out as I want to buy a whole box. I'm planning to sell some of the extra figures and the best time for that is right after release, meaning I need to have that money set apart which means I'll have to wait with buying the Burrow. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Oh that's not the problem for me, I'm just waiting for the CMF to come out as I want to buy a whole box. I'm planning to sell some of the extra figures and the best time for that is right after release, meaning I need to have that money set apart which means I'll have to wait with buying the Burrow. 

I get that, I’m only planning on buying a single set, not bothered about having a full box, and I’m planning on getting the burrow around Christmas time

Just now, Brick Guru said:

@Guyon2002 and @TheRandomBlocker, could I see pics of your Hogwarts? I'm looking to build my own and inspiration helps. 

Mine’s just the figures being displayed, my actual Hogwarts is just the normal sets, no modifications unfortunately ☺️

21 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I dislike you, because now you’ve made me jealous that I don’t have that set ??

In all seriousness, I’m very grateful for you taking the time to take these photos ☺️

You can't be everybody's darling, right :tongue:

I've just added a few more including a little GIF to show the fireplace, hope you guys like it :blush:

Edit: It seems like the GIF doesn't work on Google Drive so I switched it to another hoster

Edited by 8fifty

2 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

@Guyon2002 and @TheRandomBlocker, could I see pics of your Hogwarts? I'm looking to build my own and inspiration helps. 

Don't want to clutter up the thread so I won't post any pictures here but they're on my IG page (@lego_guyon02). I'll add more pictures of my 2020 Hogwarts after I've built and added the new sets