Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Dumbledore and Voldemort - lumped together because it’s kind of ambiguous which movies the come from and I think it ultimately doesn’t matter, since they’re ultimately here because 1) they’re both extremely prominent characters and 2) Lego really needed the new molds they used for future sets (Dumbledore’s hair and beard and the Nagini that came with Voldemort). 

I agree with everything you said, but that was a lot of info so thought I’d directly quote what I’m about to talk about lmao, this is exactly why in my list I put AD/LV as OotP because it’s not really clearly which film they’re based on and I could imagine them both put together because an atrium duel set is unlikely any time soon (but will hopefully come in the future, please Lego), so they could just be the two figures set for their duel, rather than Dumbledore from 1 random film and Voldemort from DH2

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Speaking of displaying the modular Hogwarts sets, just out of curiosity, how do you guys have them set up currently? Front-facing or back-facing, and with minifigures inside the sets or displayed separately?

Mine is displayed interior facing, and with figures inside, I like the exterior, but I find that for my display (each film is shown within my display, can try and send a photo to any interested in DMs) it’s better to see the inside than outside

To the person that upgraded Grawp, is there any chance you can DM me the image of the back so I can do it myself? I can’t remember how far back it was in the thread ??

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

(each film is shown within my display, can try and send a photo to any interested in DMs)

I'd love to see this!

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s bad that I didn’t remember that, oops, my entire Hogwarts is a mismatch rn, I need to edit it when I get the AT, I do however, personally, reserve opinions until I have the set in hand because I’ve seen things that I find ugly online that I like in person, might be decent once it’s all connected, but I shall see ?

That's okay - when I get Whomping Willow I'll likely just be using it as "bits" of castle mismatched about too, as filler. That's a good thing to do though, it'll almost definitely look better in person (it already looks awesome!)

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

[insert James Franco first time? meme here] :laugh:

Yeah, unlike most other threads, the orange "hot" tag doesn't actually mean anything around here :tongue:

It's very bizarre. I post on GameFAQs too - the trolling is much worse there, but the thing is... Angry console fanboy wars have been a thing for a long while and always will be a thing, and that attracts trolls in their hundreds. But... trolling over... Lego? I just don't get it lol

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Makes sense, the designers of series 1 clearly went in knowing what the 2018 sets would be and at least having a shortlist of the 2019 sets, and set out to fill in the holes/work around what would be appearing in them. 

So it all tracks with the CMF designers having a good handle on what was happening with the 2018-2019 sets and working around that. On the other hand, when designing series 2 they don’t just know what’s happening this year (Bellatrix, Kingsley, Luna, Harry) and probably a general idea of next year (Griphook). They also know what was skimmed over for the last two years (Sprout, Myrtle, the monster book, Fawkes), which will definitely change the composition of the lineup when it comes to which movies things are based off. 

This is a very good point that I hadn't thought of. The set designers can make whatever sets they like - as they're the only ones designing sets. But the CMF designers also need to adhere to what the set designers are and aren't making, because they're not the only ones designing (or at least choosing, I don't know how minifig design works and how it differs between sets and CMFs) minifigs.

8 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Speaking of displaying the modular Hogwarts sets, just out of curiosity, how do you guys have them set up currently? Front-facing or back-facing, and with minifigures inside the sets or displayed separately?

I've only got an unbuilt Great Hall so far. But for space reasons, they'll be front facing, with the minfigs likely a mixture of (visible) inside and outside, and with each modular section not in a line attched to the others but overlapping each other in places in front of each other. Whomping Willow will probably go at the back for some depth.

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

That's okay - when I get Whomping Willow I'll likely just be using it as "bits" of castle mismatched about too, as filler. That's a good thing to do though, it'll almost definitely look better in person (it already looks awesome!)

I 100% agree, I think the only thing that looks disappointing about this wave is the RoR, but it’s a cheap set and comes with 2 new Patronuses and 3 awesome figures

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I'd love to see this!

Unfortunately this site hates me and it’s not letting me send any images through DMs ?, I’m missing a few parts for it as well, like an updated Neville for Moody’s classroom, Astronomy Tower for Prof Trelawney etc, it does look good imo, but it’s not a leak so I won’t post it in here ?

9 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

My setup is front-facing as I mainly wanted that famous Hogwarts silouette on my shelf (without buying the D2C). That later all fell apart when I decided to arrange the sets in a way that looked best without actually caring about the movie setup :laugh_hard: If you'd like to see pictures they are on my Instagram (@lego_guyon02), I'm planning on taking more pictures of the castle and it's interiors but I'm waiting on my 2020 sets to arrive so that'll have to wait a bit longer. 

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Mine is displayed interior facing, and with figures inside, I like the exterior, but I find that for my display (each film is shown within my display, can try and send a photo to any interested in DMs) it’s better to see the inside than outside

I'd definetely like to see that

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd definetely like to see that

Currently trying to set up a Dropbox so I can hopefully share that with anyone who wants it ☺️

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Unfortunately this site hates me and it’s not letting me send any images through DMs

Noo haha, maybe try uploading to imgur and then DM'ing?

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

My setup is front-facing as I mainly wanted that famous Hogwarts silouette on my shelf (without buying the D2C). That later all fell apart when I decided to arrange the sets in a way that looked best without actually caring about the movie setup :laugh_hard: If you'd like to see pictures they are on my Instagram (@lego_guyon02), I'm planning on taking more pictures of the castle and it's interiors but I'm waiting on my 2020 sets to arrive so that'll have to wait a bit longer. 

Wow your castle mods look awesome! Love the extended main tower with the three mini marble staircase towers

21 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Kingnono was bogus. He said the DA would be mini fig scale and you all attacked me for saying it would be micro scale.

Kingnono was bogus. He lied and said he doesn't open DM's when he opened mine and responded. You all attacked me and said I faked a DM.

I am right. Will always be right. The truth always comes out in the end, and you guys obeyed your fake master lol

This is not an argument, no reason to get angry, just the truth. This is a fun LEGO forum where there shouldn't be arguments, please be peaceful and discuss the truth. Excited to build!

If you are always right then why do you edit your posts after the sets are revealed? Oh right because you’re a pathological liar who lies so much you believe yourself. The truth is your always wrong, and always will be. Just because King Know No lied about the leaks doesn’t mean he lied about his dms. But we all know you are a fraud problem is none of mods are cleaning him up, I reported him once and still nothing is done and I’m tired of dealing with people like you. I just want to see the HP news in peace but nothing is being done and it’s aggravating 

Just now, RODDY said:

If you are always right then why do you edit your posts after the sets are revealed? Oh right because you’re a pathological liar who lies so much you believe yourself. The truth is your always wrong, and always will be. Just because King Know No lied about the leaks doesn’t mean he lied about his dms. But we all know you are a fraud problem is none of mods are cleaning him up, I reported him once and still nothing is done and I’m tired of dealing with people like you. I just want to see the HP news in peace but nothing is being done and it’s aggravating 

I’ve reported him too, hopefully the mods will do something, I think I reported him several times last year tbh, it really is annoying, but I guess that’s life ??‍♂️

56 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I agree. I think this is the most likely scenario now. This is what I predicted before King-No-Know ascended his throne. The GWP layout also fits perfectly with the current design of the City Expert sets.

I imagine it will be similar in scale to the Assembly Square set:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/assembly-square-10255

Hopefully with the addition of a building closer to the Corner Garage in scale for Gringott’s:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/corner-garage-10264

I will be disappointed if we don’t get Borgin & Burke’s though, now that I’ve hyped myself up for it thanks to King-No-Knows “confirmation”...

What do other folks think?

I personally would love to get Borgin & Burke's although it's not actually in Diagon Alley but it's not the number one of my wish list which would be WWW. So I could give it as miss if we get other cool and detailed places instead. I also like the idea of a design like the Assembly Square which would work the best for me!

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’ve reported him too, hopefully the mods will do something, I think I reported him several times last year tbh, it really is annoying, but I guess that’s life ??‍♂️

On what basis are you reporting? I’ve never been rude or gotten angry. I’ve simply stated facts and when told I was wrong- I waited until kingnono was exposed to remind you all, I was never wrong to begin with. 

Just now, LordVoldemort said:

On what basis are you reporting? I’ve never been rude or gotten angry. I’ve simply stated facts and when told I was wrong- I waited until kingnono was exposed to remind you all, I was never wrong to begin with. 

The way you go about things is obnoxious and this forum doesn’t need it, you were EXACTLY the same last year as you were with your first post back here

20 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Wow your castle mods look awesome! Love the extended main tower with the three mini marble staircase towers

Thank you :sweet:

50 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Kingnono was bogus. He said the DA would be mini fig scale and you all attacked me for saying it would be micro scale.

Kingnono was bogus. He lied and said he doesn't open DM's when he opened mine and responded. You all attacked me and said I faked a DM.

I am right. Will always be right. The truth always comes out in the end, and you guys obeyed your fake master lol

This is not an argument, no reason to get angry, just the truth. This is a fun LEGO forum where there shouldn't be arguments, please be peaceful and discuss the truth. Excited to build!

You were wrong about the 2018, 2019, and 2020 Stuff you idiot.

Kingnono may have been fake but why would he lie about dms.

17 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

You were never wrong? How about werewolf lupin in Expecto Patronum or that the clocktower wasn’t coming out last year?

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

You were wrong about the 2018, 2019, and 2020 Stuff you idiot.

Hey guys just a reminder to keep it civil on the LEGO forums. This should be a fun safe space! 
I’m happy to educate you on every time I’ve been proven right- but it seems to get people pretty angry in here haha. 

Change the topic now. 

Talk about the sets, talk about the theme, talk about Harry Potter. 

If I see any more talk about leakers, fights about who is right or wrong, or any more arguments occurring between the few of you--you know who you are--I will start banning members.  

Thanks! :thumbup:

33 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Change the topic now. 

Talk about the sets, talk about the theme, talk about Harry Potter. 

If I see any more talk about leakers, fights about who is right or wrong, or any more arguments occurring between the few of you--you know who you are--I will start banning members.  

Thanks! :thumbup:

No offense but we all know who needs to get banned. We tried reporting and nothing gets done. I don’t know what else you expect us to do. The arguments will continue as long as he allowed on the board. Sweeping it under the rug isn’t going to solve the problem as proven multiple times. Enough is enough already.

Edited by RODDY

40 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Hey guys just a reminder to keep it civil on the LEGO forums. This should be a fun safe space! 
I’m happy to educate you on every time I’ve been proven right- but it seems to get people pretty angry in here haha. 

:facepalm:You have never gotten a single thing right. Say two things you have gotten right.

Civil? So then stop spreading false info.

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

:facepalm:You have never gotten a single thing right. Say two things you have gotten right.

Civil? So then stop spreading false info.

Dude, mod said stop, don’t get yourself banned ??

3 minutes ago, RODDY said:

No offense but we all know who needs to get banned. We tried reporting and nothing gets done. I don’t know what else you expect us to do. The arguments will continue as long as he allowed on the board. Sweeping it under the rug isn’t going to solve the problem as proven multiple times. Enough is enough already.

I'm usually not someone who goes on the offensive against someone else but I have to say I 100% agree with this. Today isn't even close to being the first time this guy has been called out and reported by many members. And literally every time he reappears I see at least a couple of ''why isn't this guy banned yet?'' comments. 

But back to topic 

Ok wow a lot of drama here. I think I am trustworthy so let me say this to get it back on topic. Micro scale hogwarts was released for a reason. Diagon ally at $400 I would very much expect a minifigure scale set

Edited by Falconfan1414