Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wasn't S1 Voldemort based on DH2? 

Voldemort and Dumbledore both confused the eff out of me so I just dumped them both in Order ???

I also had a massive brain fart and put Bellatrix from S2 in Prisoner or Azkaban because I was like “ooh, breakout, that’s obviously PoA” then my brain was like “nope, that was just Sirius” lmao ?

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've just realised something. With King-No-Know discredited the D2C being an upscaled version of the GWP is back on the table :excited:

I agree. I think this is the most likely scenario now. This is what I predicted before King-No-Know ascended his throne. The GWP layout also fits perfectly with the current design of the City Expert sets.

I imagine it will be similar in scale to the Assembly Square set:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/assembly-square-10255

Hopefully with the addition of a building closer to the Corner Garage in scale for Gringott’s:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/corner-garage-10264

I will be disappointed if we don’t get Borgin & Burke’s though, now that I’ve hyped myself up for it thanks to King-No-Knows “confirmation”...

What do other folks think?

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

I'm confused. What is this about getting duplicates of Harry's torso? 

Apparently some people got Harry's torso twice instead of getting one Harry and one Hermoine torso.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

What do other folks think?

Whilst it’s not a “what I think”, I’m just confused as to why people are so hyped for a B&B set?

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst it’s not a “what I think”, I’m just confused as to why people are so hyped for a B&B set?

I get why people want to get Borgin and Burks, I want it too. The only thing I don't get is why people want it in the D2C, if the D2C is Diagon Alley I personally only want shops from DA 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I get why people want to get Borgin and Burks, I want it too. The only thing I don't get is why people want it in the D2C, if the D2C is Diagon Alley I personally only want shops from DA 

Yeah, that’s more what I meant but you worded it better lmao (I’m terrible at wording things right ?)

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

As someone who loves all things haunted and spooky, I’m a fan of the darker side of the Wizarding World... Borgin & Burke’s could be such a creepy build on the interior. All the skeletons and ancient artifacts and the vanishing closet and floo fireplace would be a cool play feature. I’m also rooting for Shrieking Shack and Malfoy Manor sets. 

Edited by sebastian666

Just now, sebastian666 said:

As someone who love all things haunted and spooky, I’m a fan of the darker side of the Wizarding World... Borgin & Burke’s could be such a creepy build on the interior. All the skeletons and ancient artifacts and the vanishing closet and floo fireplace would be a cool play feature. I’m also rooting for Shrieking Shack and Malfoy Manor sets. 

I agree with the latter 2, especially MM, but I’m not a fan of those because they’re darker, I’m more of a fan because they have big scenes from the films, I know it’s big in the books, but it’s barely in the films (unless it’s from HBP where it could come with Narcissa, then I’d 100% be up for it) whereas obviously the shack has one of the biggest reveals of the entire film series (Sirius Black is innocent and Pettigrew is alive), and Malfoy Manor is an epic building with potential for amazing Minifigures (snatchers from DH2, Death Eaters from DH1, prisoners from DH1 etc)

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don’t care whether it’s in D2C or not - I actually think a separate Knockturn Alley set would be awesome

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I agree with the latter 2, especially MM, but I’m not a fan of those because they’re darker, I’m more of a fan because they have big scenes from the films, I know it’s big in the books, but it’s barely in the films (unless it’s from HBP where it could come with Narcissa, then I’d 100% be up for it) whereas obviously the shack has one of the biggest reveals of the entire film series (Sirius Black is innocent and Pettigrew is alive), and Malfoy Manor is an epic building with potential for amazing Minifigures (snatchers from DH2, Death Eaters from DH1, prisoners from DH1 etc)

If we were to get Malfoy Manor next year I don't think it'll actually be the manor itself. More like an interior section similar to the cancelled Manor set from the 2010/11 reboot

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

If we were to get Malfoy Manor next year I don't think it'll actually be the manor itself. More like an interior section similar to the cancelled Manor set from the 2010/11 reboot

Oh yeah, I didn’t think it’d be the exterior, I reckon it’d either be the large hall with a dropping chandelier play feature, or it’ll by the table meeting scene, only issue with both those scenes is that they both feature incredibly dark, not really suitable for kids, scenes;

Murder of Charity Burbage

Torture of Hermione and death of Dobby

So, now we aren’t sure about DA becoming a set(if not, definitely in the coming years), are there any other locations we could get for that set? I’d think maybe like a second part of the micro scale hogwarts, with bell towers and the astronomy tower maybe. I’d prefer DA though.

Just now, Melle_24 said:

So, now we aren’t sure about DA becoming a set(if not, definitely in the coming years), are there any other locations we could get for that set? I’d think maybe like a second part of the micro scale hogwarts, with bell towers and the astronomy tower maybe. I’d prefer DA though.

D2C DA has been confirmed by multiple sources, it’s coming

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

D2C DA has been confirmed by multiple sources, it’s coming

Thank you. Yeah i was really confused because a lot of sources were fake so i didn’t really know what to believe. 

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I’m just disappointed at how Diagon Alley is probably micro-scale, kingnono was proven a liar because of the AC and the diagon alley having the unknown set’s set number :def_shrug:.

Well at least if the diagon alley is microscale, it’s a easy pass.

Are we asking this again...? Just because [retracted] said it was minifig scale doesn't now mean it's microscale...

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Yeah, I calculated it a bit, the GWP DA has 374 pieces and 5 shops/buildings. Meaning the €400 set would have at least 65 buildings if we assume 5000 pieces. So I checked and apparently there are only 30ish known buildings in DA according to the HP wiki. So hello London! ;)

At least Hogwarts as a whole is interesting to see, a shopping street probably not.

Ah, yes, I can't wait to get my Lego Gringotts, Ollivanders, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, the Leaky Cauldron, WH Smith, Tesco Express, Sports Direct, Boots, Debenhams and Greggs. This will make the perfect addition to my Harry Potter collection!

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

In case anybody needs a tutorial:

Rule 1 of trolls: do not feed. Do not engage. Do not reply.

End of tutorial.

Thanks to those who used the Report button.

Carry on!

Lol I'm on several forums and never have I seen such sass from a mod. Love it :laugh_hard:

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Ah, yes, I can't wait to get my Lego Gringotts, Ollivanders, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, the Leaky Cauldron, WH Smith, Tesco Express, Sports Direct, Boots, Debenhams and Greggs. This will make the perfect addition to my Harry Potter collection!

As soon as I saw WHSmith I burst out laughing ??, although I think Sainsburys would be a better inclusion than Tesco #SainsburysLoyalty ??

1 minute ago, Melle_24 said:

Thank you. Yeah i was really confused because a lot of sources were fake so i didn’t really know what to believe. 

No problem ☺️

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

6 hours ago, Micmac said:

*snip*

I haven't put the stickers on it but this is the new set with all white frames removed and walls added to the side. The walls just make Slughorn's room hard to get at but i think it looks a lot better.

*snip*

Also fixed up Lavender figure

Looks much better!

Not trying to complainj but... Is it me or is the Astronomy Tower very... flat? In both shape and also colour (if you get what I mean).

Another thing that I've decided I don't like about it is that it's got an open side and not just back - meaning that it might only look good from multiple angles. I don't think they had this 2-wall design for any of the other Hogwarts sets right?

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Looks much better!

Not trying to complainj but... Is it me or is the Astronomy Tower very... flat? In both shape and also colour (if you get what I mean).

Another thing that I've decided I don't like about it is that it's got an open side and not just back - meaning that it might only look good from multiple angles. I don't think they had this 2-wall design for any of the other Hogwarts sets right?

I’m not sure what set it’s part of (tried to take a photo but it wouldn’t let me), but I have one, it looks like a tower with the Gryffindor beds on the top floor, is that the same type of thing?

Also I came back after not even 24 hours and saw there were several pages of stuff so expected at least some sort of new development, and there's nothing but trolls and debates about stuff we've discussed to no end? :snicker: guys don't disappoint me like that lol

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’m not sure what set it’s part of (tried to take a photo but it wouldn’t let me), but I have one, it looks like a tower with the Gryffindor beds on the top floor, is that the same type of thing?

That's the Whomping Willow. That's very true, but less disappointing as it's only a small round tower that is no issue if you have to orient it a certain way. I don't know, it's only a minor gripe.

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

As soon as I saw WHSmith I burst out laughing ??, although I think Sainsburys would be a better inclusion than Tesco #SainsburysLoyalty ??

Glad I made you laugh lol

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

Kingnono’s leaks were bogus but you know what was real was that you were so desperate for attention you forged a fake Instagram DM chat. Pathetic, justice hasn’t been served till you’re banned from this place from good. 

Kingnono was bogus. He said the DA would be mini fig scale and you all attacked me for saying it would be micro scale.

Kingnono was bogus. He lied and said he doesn't open DM's when he opened mine and responded. You all attacked me and said I faked a DM.

I am right. Will always be right. The truth always comes out in the end, and you guys obeyed your fake master lol

This is not an argument, no reason to get angry, just the truth. This is a fun LEGO forum where there shouldn't be arguments, please be peaceful and discuss the truth. Excited to build!

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

That's the Whomping Willow. That's very true, but less disappointing as it's only a small round tower that is no issue if you have to orient it a certain way. I don't know, it's only a minor gripe

It’s bad that I didn’t remember that, oops, my entire Hogwarts is a mismatch rn, I need to edit it when I get the AT, I do however, personally, reserve opinions until I have the set in hand because I’ve seen things that I find ugly online that I like in person, might be decent once it’s all connected, but I shall see ?

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

Also I came back after not even 24 hours and saw there were several pages of stuff so expected at least some sort of new development, and there's nothing but trolls and debates about stuff we've discussed to no end? :snicker: guys don't disappoint me like that lol

[insert James Franco first time? meme here] :laugh:

Yeah, unlike most other threads, the orange "hot" tag doesn't actually mean anything around here :tongue:

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

To anyone interested, I made a list of how many figures came from each film in Series 1 CMF and came up with nothing helpful that could give us hints towards Series 2 ??

Makes sense, the designers of series 1 clearly went in knowing what the 2018 sets would be and at least having a shortlist of the 2019 sets, and set out to fill in the holes/work around what would be appearing in them. 
For instance:

- the trio and Dean in Gryffindor robes - the first time we got uniforms with robes instead of just sweaters, since they all featured custom leg prints on the new medium legs it was unlikely we’d ever have to worry about overlap with sets (we still have never gotten robes with medium legs in a set, the only school robes we’ve gotten in a set a Draco’s in the AT and he reuses a common set of regular legs)

- pajamas Harry - clearly meant to compliment the Mirror of Erised in the Great Hall set

- Neville - from a CoS herbology class scene that the designers would have known wasn’t being made into a set (I imagine the designers had no reason to believe at the time that there’d be backtracking to CoS so soon which leads to...) 

- Dobby - had only ever appeared in specific ‘Dobby’s Release’ sets before. Since the designers at the time knew they weren’t doing one of those and had no way of knowing there’d be a Privet Drive set based on CoS in two years they had every reason to believe at the time he was also safe from appearing in a set anytime in the near future. 

- Draco - the designers knew that the Quidditch set was based off year one, so gave us Draco in his gear from year two

- Trelawney - one of the proofs that the designers must have had an idea of what was coming in 2019, since they clearly knew Trelawney wouldn’t be appearing in a set

- Moody - same as Trelawney

- Cedric - same as Trelawney and Moody, with the added bonus of getting out of putting him in a set that would represent his death scene

- Luna - based off her appearance on the train in HBP. Since there was a PoA based Hogwarts Express released the same year the designers could be pretty certain they wouldn’t need this version of Luna anytime soon. 

- Cho - she appears in her uniform in GoF of course, but most people attribute this fig to OotP because the owl comes from a promotional shot for that movie. Either way this was just a way to give us the Ravenclaw uniform the designers knew they wouldn’t be able to squeeze into a set for at least two years. 

- Dumbledore and Voldemort - lumped together because it’s kind of ambiguous which movies the come from and I think it ultimately doesn’t matter, since they’re ultimately here because 1) they’re both extremely prominent characters and 2) Lego really needed the new molds they used for future sets (Dumbledore’s hair and beard and the Nagini that came with Voldemort). 

So it all tracks with the CMF designers having a good handle on what was happening with the 2018-2019 sets and working around that. On the other hand, when designing series 2 they don’t just know what’s happening this year (Bellatrix, Kingsley, Luna, Harry) and probably a general idea of next year (Griphook). They also know what was skimmed over for the last two years (Sprout, Myrtle, the monster book, Fawkes), which will definitely change the composition of the lineup when it comes to which movies things are based off. 

Speaking of displaying the modular Hogwarts sets, just out of curiosity, how do you guys have them set up currently? Front-facing or back-facing, and with minifigures inside the sets or displayed separately?

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

- Moody - same as Trelawney 

We also get Moody's classroom in the clock tower, so he fits in perfectly there