Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I ordered 2 sets from this wave today - 75966 Room of Requirements and 75967 Forbidden Forest. I think that RoR will finely connect with my WW Hogwarts (I display it from the back) and FF will be a great expansion to my Forbidden Forest display (got two previous expansions). 

Luckily enough I got both sets at -30% so I must say that's a pretty amazing deal. 

I wanted to wait with ordering my sets until the rumoured retailer exclusive (75978) was revealed, but knowing that it was a fake rumour I decided to order sets today.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

39 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I hope it will be restocked as I won't visit my not so local store tomorrow because I can get the Burrow from Smyths *oh2*

Ah, that’s fair, I’ll be getting it all from Argos apart from the Burrow which I’ll get from the Lego store as I have £31 worth of points providing I can Lego to sort it when I ring them tomorrow

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

_kingnogo_ is already wrong about two out of four bits of information, makes flimsy excuses and is vague about everything.

Wait he got 2 things wrong? I only know about the advent calendar, what's the second thing?

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Their latest reply in the comments to someone who says 'I still believe, or at least hope, that you are kind of genius' is 'Well, if everyone would watched even on the hashtags, that situation would never be happened.' They seem to be suggesting their hashtags meant something, but they are just the usual #legoharrypotter #legoleaks from what I can see, nothing to indicate anything. I'm really hoping we do see another set in the catalogue, not for nono's sake but just because, well, more HP Lego!

Anyone found anything about the hashtags yet? I only noticed that he sometimes leaves out the #legoleaks hashtag, but that seems to be at random + it's on the AC post.

6 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wait he got 2 things wrong? I only know about the advent calendar, what's the second thing?

He said there was a D2C and another unknown set which is also false. The setnumber he gave to the unknown set is the D2C (pretty much confirmed by the new catalogue)

*Puts on tin foil hat* I figured it out. Nono put #legoleaks on every post he did until someone started using his hints to put out fake leaks, then he posted saying "don't believe everything you read on #legoleaks" and never used the tag again.... except on the advent calendar post.....was this planned? 

6 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

*Puts on tin foil hat* I figured it out. Nono put #legoleaks on every post he did until someone started using his hints to put out fake leaks, then he posted saying "don't believe everything you read on #legoleaks" and never used the tag again.... except on the advent calendar post.....was this planned? 

I don’t think he’s that smart ??

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

*Puts on tin foil hat* [...]

Yeah, this is pretty much on par with any random conspiracy theory, mainly because it fails to address the "WHY?" question (among three million other things) :tongue: Why would Sméagol purposefully undermine his credibility like that? Plus the falsehood of his info on 75978 isn't addressed.

Dumping on him is fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm honestly getting tired of this. We're still giving this guy way more attention than he deserves. This probably also breaks some sort of record, because not once in all the time I've known EB (and I still remember when this site was just a blog!) has anyone managed to fool the community for this long :enough: It's pretty embarrassing, honestly

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Sméagol

Hey, don’t disrespect Sméagol like that, that dude is a full on Gollum ??, or worse, the Mouth of Sauron ??

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Hey, don’t disrespect Sméagol like that, that dude is a full on Gollum ??, or worse, the Mouth of Sauron ??

Do I detect a fellow Tolkien fanatic?

Kingnono’s very first posts were real info as far as I remember (he deleted a few including a Marvel one) but I’m starting to believe he loved the growing attention on his account so things got out of control shortly after and he found a way to keep the attention going: lying :def_shrug: Also, remember how he said “only a funny meme” in one of his first posts? Yeah it’s gone now.

Not gonna lie, I still want to believe his clues are somewhat real but for example I don’t see HOW the christmas setting in Grimmauld place would happen outside an advent calendar...? 

By the way, didn’t a trusted leaker say “there is a lot coming” regarding HP once the first wave was already rumoured? Perhaps we can expect more sets either way?

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Do I detect a fellow Tolkien fanatic?

Ooooh yes, I’m more of a HP fan, but I do love LotR/Hobbit too (never read the Silmarillion)

20 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

13 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t think he’s that smart ??

He could be that smart!  I'm for Team Kingnono!  :roflmao:  :tongue:

If nothing else, the guy's providing a lot of entertainment!

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Kingnono’s very first posts were real info as far as I remember (he deleted a few including a Marvel one) but I’m starting to believe he loved the growing attention on his account so things got out of control shortly after and he found a way to keep the attention going: lying :def_shrug: Also, remember how he said “only a funny meme” in one of his first posts? Yeah it’s gone now.

I completely agree with this, I think he had a genuinely good source for his earlier leaks and he got too big beaded and carried on with lies about leaks

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Not gonna lie, I still want to believe his clues are somewhat real but for example I don’t see HOW the christmas setting in Grimmauld place would happen outside an advent calendar...? 

the same way the Yule Ball and Slug Club Christmas Party has, in a Grimmauld Place set based at Christmas, I mean it wouldn’t be that hard to do, Christmas variants of existing characters (Molly, Arthur, Trio) for that scene and new versions of characters for other scenes (Fred/George, Sirius, Kreacher)

just realised that this is entirely possible because that is 9 figures and the Great Hall has 10 figures ??

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

13 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Sure, but the Sméagol part of Gollum likes riddles way more than the... well, Gollum part :tongue: Hm, the MoS is indeed an adept comparison

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, but the Sméagol part of Gollum likes riddles way more than the... well, Gollum part :tongue: 

Very true, that’s what calms him in The Hobbit (until he notices the Precious is gone ?)

Seeing all this LotR talk is starting my desire for a revival all over again :laugh_hard:

18 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

By the way, didn’t a trusted leaker say “there is a lot coming” regarding HP once the first wave was already rumoured? Perhaps we can expect more sets either way?

Don't count on it, if there was more coming we would've heard something about it by now

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Seeing all this LotR talk is starting my desire for a revival all over again :laugh_hard:

My desire has never left, I'm forever hungry

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't count on it, if there was more coming we would've heard something about it by now

Exactly. And wasn't it _kingnoknow_ who said that?

Dang it, brought him up again :pir-murder: How long do we have to keep hearing from him? What does it take for everyone to finally accept that he fed us nonsense for several months? Is the sunk-cost fallacy at work here? Gahhh

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

the same way the Yule Ball and Slug Club Christmas Party has, in a Grimmauld Place set based at Christmas, I mean it wouldn’t be that hard to do, Christmas variants of existing characters (Molly, Arthur, Trio) for that scene and new versions of characters for other scenes (Fred/George, Sirius, Kreacher)

What I’m trying to say is that I don’t see the Christmas gathering as a set on its own, however a Grimmauld Place set is the perfect excuse just like the clock tower and astronomy tower. Perhaps it is indeed coming like that and kingnono said AC just to protect employees or something? Idk. 

54 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Hm, good point. His post ended with ";) and smile" - so should this be a decent hint that this specific hint should be intentionally wrong? @Lego-Freak I'm so sorry to bring him up again but this question really occupies my mind now. But nevertheless, that kind of clueing would be the worst ever because it's a lot of reading between the lines. I mean, am I still in lyrics class? I don't think so :laugh_hard:

Hi everyone !

Finally, I just got all the new sets, only I'm ready to do battle with the astronomy tower!

I look forward ! 

But above all I have a big question: how to place it with the rest of the other sets ?

How did you put them together? Totally linear?

Same interrigation with the room on request, to integrate into the castle ? here, if some want to share photos, diagrams or ideas of how to present all the parts of Hogward Castle

them ... Because linear is really not realistic.

Thanks for your answers and propositions.

Paul.

Just now, Otherworld said:

What I’m trying to say is that I don’t see the Christmas gathering as a set on its own, however a Grimmauld Place set is the perfect excuse just like the clock tower and astronomy tower. Perhaps it is indeed coming like that and kingnono said AC just to protect employees or something? Idk. 

I don’t think he actually knows anything and I don’t think it’s coming this year if it does, I think if we’re get a GP it’ll be next year or the year after, I mean GP is in OotP and DH so it could be based on either of those (OotP offers more figures but it’s in DH for longer and is kinda more important iirc)

Imho Grimmauld Place is the next most likely Christmas based set because the big ones have been done apart from GP, these are imo;

Year 1: Harry receives invisibility cloak and H/R jumpers

Year 4: Yule Ball

Year 5: Mr Weasley recovers from Nagini attack and flying Santa/Christmas scene

Year 6: Slug club party

@8fifty: You can bring him up as often as you like, my point is that he's not worth all that attention. The discussions about his clues filled dozens of pages and now the discussion about his legitimacy as a leaker does the same, which is really pointless when you think about it (and I'm also adding to the pointlessness which makes me sad). Imagine going through this thread in a year or even a couple of months; you would go positively insane :laugh:

I know people will continue to cling to his info until it's completely debunked, but below's my view on the whole matter.

The way I see it, there's two options:

1. He's a criminal mastermind that left wrong clues on purpose and spun an intricate web of bits of information that by some magical means all make sense in the end OR
  2. He lied.

Your choice :tongue: But don't be disappointed in the end

Sorry, but what aspect of the catalogue is the proof kingnono is wrong? Just looked through LEGO Leaks and didn't see anything Harry Potter, so just wondering what i'm missing? :-)

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

He said there was a D2C and another unknown set which is also false. The setnumber he gave to the unknown set is the D2C (pretty much confirmed by the new catalogue)

Where was it confirmed that D2C and 75978 are in fact the same set? I must have missed that...