Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Well, thank you for not calling me crazy.  Maybe my problem is that I just can't understand why someone would spend half a year spoonfeeding us cryptic and brilliant hints.  I know some people thrive on misplaced Internet fame, but that's a mindset that I truly cannot comprehend.  I guess Gilderoy Lockhart could comprehend it!  :laugh:

Come on, admit it. You're kingnono. It all adds up :tongue:

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

:roflmao:

I just remember how badly The Random Blocker was treated last year, and then they lost their job on top of it all!  So one of my character flaws is giving people the benefit of the doubt (unless I know for a fact that they have done something seriously wrong, then I simply hate them.)  :devil_laugh:

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I just remember how badly The Random Blocker was treated last year [...]

@TheRandomBlocker provided a believable source, didn’t get defensive and was, y’know, right about 90% of his information. _kingnogo_ is already wrong about two out of four bits of information, makes flimsy excuses and is vague about everything.

His case is not comparable with TheRandomBlocker’s, he’s more on the same level as ForceGhostSolo and that joker that changed his alleged Disney CMF S2 list after someone pointed out several mistakes on there. Nah, as I’ve said before, he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore :tongue:

11 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I just remember how badly The Random Blocker was treated last year

Tbf, I don’t remember being treated that badly, but I do have terrible memory ??

but in all seriousness, I think KNN has proved that he’s a BSer, there’s no new set in the Catalogue, and he was wrong about the AC, whilst 1 thing could be a mistake, I think it’s more likely he got some good info from somewhere and road off the back of that making up some falsities

I don't get why in the instructions of the new sets says Limited Availability.

I just want to say thanks to the folks on here who are not shaming others for being upset about the delayed releases of these sets. For some AFOLs, building LEGO is an extremely effective tool for relieving feelings of overwhelming stress and anxiety. Many of us in the US, myself included, watched our hometowns burn this weekend in the aftermath of a disgusting racist attack. We organized, we protested, and we donated, but at the end of the day we need to be able to unplug for a bit to avoid burnout. On Friday, I ordered the Quidditch set - which I never previously planned on getting - and when it arrived last night (God Bless Amazon Prime) I turned on my Jim Dale narrated HP audiobook and started building. The Quidditch set is still not my favorite but the process of building it was better than any Ativan or Xanax I’ve ever taken. For those in Europe and Australia and beyond, I hope you all enjoy similar stress relief when your new sets arrive in a few days. Looking forward to hearing your reviews.

8 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

I don't get why in the instructions of the new sets says Limited Availability.

Said the same last year in regards to the previous years sets. It’s just in case they retire the 2018 sets whilst the new ones are in circulation

17 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The Quidditch set is still not my favorite but the process of building it was better than any Ativan or Xanax I’ve ever taken

I'm honest-to-goodness planning on reducing my number of therapist appointments between now and August so that I will have more money for the HP sets, which I think will be more curative.  :grin:

This world can be a very difficult and even horrible place at times, and I don't think there's any shame in admitting that.  You're right about burnout.  We need to stand up for the right things but not be ashamed of taking care of ourselves, too.  I really appreciate this Eurobricks community.  Sometimes people get into petty fights, but for the most part we have each others' backs.  :thumbup:

Edited by RogueTwo

25 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I just want to say thanks to the folks on here who are not shaming others for being upset about the delayed releases of these sets. For some AFOLs, building LEGO is an extremely effective tool for relieving feelings of overwhelming stress and anxiety. Many of us in the US, myself included, watched our hometowns burn this weekend in the aftermath of a disgusting racist attack. We organized, we protested, and we donated, but at the end of the day we need to be able to unplug for a bit to avoid burnout. On Friday, I ordered the Quidditch set - which I never previously planned on getting - and when it arrived last night (God Bless Amazon Prime) I turned on my Jim Dale narrated HP audiobook and started building. The Quidditch set is still not my favorite but the process of building it was better than any Ativan or Xanax I’ve ever taken. For those in Europe and Australia and beyond, I hope you all enjoy similar stress relief when your new sets arrive in a few days. Looking forward to hearing your reviews.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. The rioting and destroying and the beating is just as wrong as the racism they’re responding to. That said, I totally agree that LEGO is a very therapeutic release and I really wish we could get them

I have one question still on my mind. Are we getting Harry Potter GWP set? I remember that kingnono said about this set, but if he is fraud, are we still expecting this set? I dunno if i should buy Burrow now or wait for that GWP.

6 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

I have one question still on my mind. Are we getting Harry Potter GWP set? I remember that kingnono said about this set, but if he is fraud, are we still expecting this set? I dunno if i should buy Burrow now or wait for that GWP.

He was the only source on that, so probably not :hmpf_bad: Maybe we do get one after all, but there rarely are rumours about GWP sets and the sets themselves usually pop out of nowhere, just like the new hot rod. In 2018, our only hint was the leaked Ollivander minifig and even then, we didn’t learn he was from a GWP set until much later

Edited by Lego-Freak

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right. The rioting and destroying and the beating is just as wrong as the racism they’re responding to. That said, I totally agree that LEGO is a very therapeutic release and I really wish we could get them

It's easily veritable fact that the majority of the violent rioters are a combination of undercover officers and outside agitators who are destroying peoples' livelihoods in order to turn public opinion against the actual protestors, justifying the increasingly horrifying actions of "law enforcement" in the eyes of the general populace. It's been common police practice in the US since the Great Depression, so I find it surprising that people are still fooled by this...

On a less obnoxiously political note, LEGO really is my main source of stress relief, and, with everything going on, I'm glad I'll at least be able to get the student pack. I also recently ordered the 2001 Hogwarts from Bricklink, so that'll be a good time.

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don’t think this is the right thread for that particular topic :poke: Can we go back to bashing the deposed king of no-goes? :snicker:

Wait, I thought it was King No Know? ??

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Wait, I thought it was King No Know? ??

:head_back: That’s way better! Allow me to steal that (even though it’s technically not theft if you do so, but I digress) 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

:head_back: That’s way better! Allow me to steal that (even though it’s technically not theft if you do so, but I digress) 

I’m happy you think I’m clever enough to come up with that ?, it was used a few pages back by someone ?

40 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

It's easily veritable fact that the majority of the violent rioters are a combination of undercover officers and outside agitators who are destroying peoples' livelihoods in order to turn public opinion against the actual protestors, justifying the increasingly horrifying actions of "law enforcement" in the eyes of the general populace. It's been common police practice in the US since the Great Depression, so I find it surprising that people are still fooled by this...

On a less obnoxiously political note, LEGO really is my main source of stress relief, and, with everything going on, I'm glad I'll at least be able to get the student pack. I also recently ordered the 2001 Hogwarts from Bricklink, so that'll be a good time.

If you want to believe that nonsense, that’s your choice, but it’s total BS. But people are right, this isn’t the place 

2 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Hey, we already worked out that it is @Lego-Freak a few pages ago :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Well, thank you for not calling me crazy.  Maybe my problem is that I just can't understand why someone would spend half a year spoonfeeding us cryptic and brilliant hints.  I know some people thrive on misplaced Internet fame, but that's a mindset that I truly cannot comprehend.  I guess Gilderoy Lockhart could comprehend it!  :laugh:

I can understand 100% what you mean! It sounds like a lot of work for a farely small amount of fame. But on the other hand, he absolutely failed in giving a reasonable explanation. Maybe we know more in a couple of months - but honestly, I doubt it. Although I don't trust him in any case any more, there is some of his stuff I'd be very happy about to get with the upcoming sets.

Well, if we do get a GWP we will probably get it worh the D2C, and considering lego history, it's actually pretty likely, especially because it seems to be a D2C and a CMF, 

All I'm saying is if we do end up getting a D2C I don't think it's any proof that king nono was correct.

3 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

All I'm saying is if we do end up getting a D2C I don't think it's any proof that king nono was correct.

The D2C has been confirmed by multiple sources :classic: We don’t know any details beyond it being Diagon Alley, but it’s better than nothing. Or at least better than what Sméagol over on IG cooked up

I got the RoR today from the LEGO store in Utrecht, the Netherlands. They had all sets in store except for the students pack. Luckily RoR did include Hermoine's torso. :)

EDIT: The student pack is also out of stock on the Dutch LEGO S@H. :(

Edited by Salix

57 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Well, if we do get a GWP we will probably get it worh the D2C, and considering lego history, it's actually pretty likely, especially because it seems to be a D2C and a CMF, 

We got the Diagon Alley GWP months after the Hogwarts D2C released. IF a 2020 GWP exists it might not come out alongside any of the upcomming sets

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We got the Diagon Alley GWP months after the Hogwarts D2C released. IF a 2020 GWP exists it might not come out alongside any of the upcomming sets

Yeah, that was weird as hell. Luckily, when it did come out it was the month the Hogwarts D2C was double VIP points so waiting to get it until the GWP dropped meant I was able to get the 2019 August wave with nothing but VIP credits. 

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

If the student pack is out of stock everywhere I’m glad I ordered mine last night ?

I hope it will be restocked as I won't visit my not so local store tomorrow because I can get the Burrow from Smyths *oh2*