Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

17 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Why does he have a tree growing out of his back?

Also baffles me that your local LEGO store has those sets when LEGO online store doesn't. Makes no sense to me.

just some branches and sticks stuck to him. They had four, released the Owl early at the weekend and three others today. Astronomy Tower was sold out at lunch time so I got the two small sets. 

Back order, ship within 60 days. Yikes! Glad I ordered it just after midnight then!

Just now, Rdm1 said:

This is the first time I've ordered off the lego shop, so will they wait to post everything till the Burrow comes back in to stock or will they split the order, post the items that are in stock now and then send the Burrow at a later date?

For me they have always split the order with no extra shipping costs. One time they even sent me just the GWP (a small polybag) by DHL Express... 

5 minutes ago, Rdm1 said:

Can anyone help, I purchased the Burrow and a couple of other sets earlier and got the free hot rod, everything was in stock. I then got an email half an hour later saying the Burrow was out of stock and there was a 60 day wait!

This is the first time I've ordered off the lego shop, so will they wait to post everything till the Burrow comes back in to stock or will they split the order, post the items that are in stock now and then send the Burrow at a later date?

They will split it. They will send what they have now and  the rest later. 

Well, whoever's in charge of LEGO product distribution seems to really not care one bit whether their most popular items are accessible, as long as they have something to sell.  I would say it's because of the coronavirus, but...it's always been this way.  :hmpf_bad:

The bad thing about an August 1 release date in the United States is not actually not the waiting two months, but the fact that Diagon Alley, the CMF, and goodness knows what else will be released around the same time, necessitating spending roughly $1000 all at once or waiting several months for things to come back in stock.  I fully realize that this is the dictionary definition of a "first world problem," and trust me, I won't be spending $1000 at once, but I would prefer to have more time to space out my purchases.

I don't know whether J.K. Rowling had any say in this, but averaging pricing and availability, the UK definitely got it "best" this time around!  :laugh:

The LEGO situation in Australia sounds really disappointing, and potentially worse than the US.  I'm sorry, folks.  :sad:

7 minutes ago, Micmac said:

They will split it. They will send what they have now and  the rest later. 

Thanks for the reply.

If they do split it, would I be able to cancel the Burrow say in a week or so, but still keep the GWP Hot Rod? Because I see Smyths toys have the Burrow in stock now.

Just now, Rdm1 said:

Thanks for the reply.

If they do split it, would I be able to cancel the Burrow say in a week or so, but still keep the GWP Hot Rod? Because I see Smyths toys have the Burrow in stock now.

I'd wait until they post you first part of the order and then try and cancel.

Just now, Rdm1 said:

Thanks for the reply.

I've always been able to cancel items on backorder.  But as for the GWP, would you still meet the threshold without The Burrow?  They would probably let you keep it either way, but it's dodgier if The Burrow was what qualified you for the GWP.

Plus, if you wait a week, you run the risk of The Burrow coming back in stock earlier than anticipated, and (in the US at least) you can't cancel items once they reach the warehouse.

Did you create a VIP account?  If so, you should definitely just wait for The Burrow and get the extra VIP points,  But that's just my three cents.

56 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I thought it prudent to stay up and order my Burrow set at just gone midnight as I thought that would be a poplar set anyway and then add in the fact it's an exclusive and it would be likely to go on backorder quickly. I also thought the backorder would be a little longer with the situation at the moment. But I'm so glad I stayed up as I woke up this morning and it's on backorder to ship in 60 days! I also got the student pack at the same time so I'm happy. :)

Is the "60 days" a placeholder for "we're not sure"? As it's not said that on any sets I've seen on back order recently, yet the Creator Pirate Ship and now the Burrow both say it.

41 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Bit the bullet and got the two new small Harry Potter sets from my local lego shop. Loving the new Grawp figure but could't help but alter him slightly. He is actually quite ugly from behind so I prettied him up. 

*snip*

This is awesome, I love it

5 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I'd wait until they post you first part of the order and then try and cancel.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I've always been able to cancel items on backorder.  But as for the GWP, would you still meet the threshold without The Burrow?  They would probably let you keep it either way, but it's dodgier if The Burrow was what qualified you for the GWP.

Plus, if you wait a week, you run the risk of The Burrow coming back in stock earlier than anticipated, and (in the US at least) you can't cancel items once they reach the warehouse.

Did you create a VIP account?  If so, you should definitely just wait for The Burrow and get the extra VIP points,  But that's just my three cents.

The Burrow qualified me for the GWP and yes I did set up VIP.

12 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The bad thing about an August 1 release date in the United States is not actually not the waiting two months, but the fact that Diagon Alley, the CMF, and goodness knows what else will be released around the same time, necessitating spending roughly $1000 all at once or waiting several months for things to come back in stock.  I fully realize that this is the dictionary definition of a "first world problem," and trust me, I won't be spending $1000 at once, but I would prefer to have more time to space out my purchases.

I don't really see the issue. It's only a couple of months wait, it's not like a year. So not really significantly longer than you'd be waiting if you didn't want to spend all that at once anyway?

57 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Bit the bullet and got the two new small Harry Potter sets from my local lego shop. Loving the new Grawp figure but could't help but alter him slightly. He is actually quite ugly from behind so I prettied him up. 

While I like his made by Lego hair, I live what you did with his roes and ESPECIALLY what you did with his back, that's exactly what I was talking about when I complained about his made by Lego back.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

I did the same thing. But unfortunately the burrow and student packs never came out in Australia. Only update we've had is that LEGO changed the status from "Coming Soon 1st June 2020" to "Coming Soon". :-D

Oh no what a pain! 

59 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I love it. ? He looks so much prettier. And the toes - too cute! Any way you can show the extra pieces you used?

16 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Is the "60 days" a placeholder for "we're not sure"? As it's not said that on any sets I've seen on back order recently, yet the Creator Pirate Ship and now the Burrow both say it.

I'm sorry I don't know. You'd hope it really does mean 60 days or I think there will be a lot of annoyed people if they wait 60 days only to be told it's still not available. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

23 minutes ago, Rdm1 said:

According to the terms, if any of the qualifying purchases are returned, the gift must also be returned. If they will actually follow up on it I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

According to the terms, if any of the qualifying purchases are returned, the gift must also be returned. If they will actually follow up on it I'm not sure.

Cancellations may be different than returns.  Also, I once returned a $250 set, and when I offered to return the GWP, they told me to keep it.  :blush:  So your mileage may vary.

22 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

"60 days" means "60 days or sooner."  IIRC, it is generally the farthest in advance that LEGO allows backorders, which shows the supply-demand disparity for these sets pretty clearly.

Edited by RogueTwo

22 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The LEGO situation in Australia sounds really disappointing, and potentially worse than the US.  I'm sorry, folks.  :sad:

The LEGO situation in Australia is a product of the global pandemic forcing stringent measures at the LEGO warehouse in Australia that has been sowing releases right down, it’s evident everywhere you go. Shelves are looking pretty bare. 

I don’t want to sound bitter, but I would strongly encourage those upset by not being to be able to purchase every LEGO Harry Potter Set from day one to exercise a little patience. I know this may sound like blasphemy on a LEGO forum, but there are more important things than LEGO sets not coming out when they’re supposed to. I know for a fact that LEGO are doing their best at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

The LEGO situation in Australia is a product of the global pandemic forcing stringent measures at the LEGO warehouse in Australia that has been sowing releases right down, it’s evident everywhere you go. Shelves are looking pretty bare. 

I don’t want to sound bitter, but I would strongly encourage those upset by not being to be able to purchase every LEGO Harry Potter Set from day one to exercise a little patience. I know this may sound like blasphemy on a LEGO forum, but there are more important things than LEGO sets not coming out when they’re supposed to. I know for a fact that LEGO are doing their best at the moment.

I think the lack of the new sets and the low stock levels has just shown that the Coronavirus virus has really affected the Lego group and that things will be like this for a while. I think i and maybe others were under the impression that when the release dates were not changed everything was still running normally at lego. No so. Not pissed off just an eye opener. 

34 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Still confused if this is the issue why they had been able to get stock into LEGO brand stores if their warehouses are bare? Besides as I said earlier, many, many other companies have had no issues meeting their release dates. Also it's natural to experience disappointment when something you've looked forward to doesn't transpire, it does not mean that people are impatient.

Other people share their excitement of being able to order their sets, whats wrong with others sharing they feel disappointed they can't? Everyone is just sharing their thoughts and feelings on LEGO. :-)

Edited by chris6507

36 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I totally hear you.  I have been childish about this whole thing, and I apologize.  On the other hand, I've donated money and signed petitions, and I was marching in protests before social distancing went into effect, so what else can I do, really?  :cry2:  I feel helpless, and when I feel helpless, I turn to LEGO.  I know that may not be healthy, but that's where I'm at right now.

The thing is, my understanding is that LEGO had record sales this past month, so their stock levels may be low, but that's because people have bought everything.  I hope they're treating their employees with the dignity that everyone deserves, and my point is that the I have less sympathy for the perpetual dysfunction of their website when they're raking in a ton of money from privileged people (of whom I am admittedly a part) who don't know what to do and end up buying a lot of toys.

EDIT: I've just been "knighted" by Eurobricks!

Edited by RogueTwo

54 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm sorry I don't know. You'd hope it really does mean 60 days or I think there will be a lot of annoyed people if they wait 60 days only to be told it's still not available. 

I was kinda meaning the other way, that is they set it to the max until they know.

50 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

"60 days" means "60 days or sooner."  IIRC, it is generally the farthest in advance that LEGO allows backorders, which shows the supply-demand disparity for these sets pretty clearly.

Yeah that's what I thought. Is this significantly more popular then last year's or not really? As last year sets were heavily discounted around Christmas, but I wonder if that won't be so likely?

46 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The Burrow now says will ship by 10th June in the UK. ?

Oh, yay! That's exactly what I was wondering lol.

23 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I think the lack of the new sets and the low stock levels has just shown that the Coronavirus virus has really affected the Lego group and that things will be like this for a while. I think i and maybe others were under the impression that when the release dates were not changed everything was still running normally at lego. No so. Not pissed off just an eye opener. 

Not sure if there's stock issues? It's a popular theme and they can only produce so many sets.

37 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

People are allowed to be disappointed. I see too many comments everywhere on everything at the moment of people saying "there's a pandemic, get our priorities straight" - yes, that's more important, but being disappointed and caring about the pandemic are not mutually exclusive.

16 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

People are allowed to be disappointed. I see too many comments everywhere on everything at the moment of people saying "there's a pandemic, get our priorities straight" - yes, that's more important, but being disappointed and caring about the pandemic are not mutually exclusive.

Thank you Sammy! :-D

On a hopefully brighter not for Australians, Amazon has listed the sets recently and slightly discounted too. Over the 4 main sets (Excluding the burrow and the bird) you'll save nearly $50. Says temporarily out of stock. But might be worth a shot?

1 hour ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I don't think the pandemic is the whole story with LEGO's issues with Australian releases. Even before the pandemic they have often rolled out way too little stock at launch both in their own warehouse and to stores. The stuff always comes eventually in large enough quantities for it to be obtainable, but at launch it's as if they send just a few tiny little crates over to this continent, making the first few weeks very spotty.

And that's frustrating. LEGO's operations in Asia-Pasific are largely supply chain and logistics, so why can't they get it together to have enough product when they launch something and say they're selling it, and say stores will be selling it, instead of drip feeding it, selling out in five seconds, and leaving everybody wondering when they'll eventually get the sets.

It's not the most important issue in the world obviously, but the aspect of not even knowing when something will show up is, in my opinion, the most frustrating aspect. I'm disappointed that I won't be getting any of the sets this week, but I don't mind really. What I do mind more is having no idea when they'll actually show up, and it being luck of the draw.

37 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Still confused if this is the issue why they had been able to get stock into LEGO brand stores if their warehouses are bare? Besides as I said earlier, many, many other companies have had no issues meeting their release dates. Also it's natural to experience disappointment when something you've looked forward to doesn't transpire, it does not mean that people are impatient.

Other people share their excitement of being able to order their sets, whats wrong with others sharing they feel disappointed they can't? Everyone is just sharing their thoughts and feelings on LEGO. :-)

I don’t think the warehouses are bare as such, I just think that the process of getting stock from warehouse to store shelves has been slowed due to intense sanitation measures and rules around the staff permitted on the premises. 

And I do apologise if I came off as insensitive earlier. I don’t mean to diminish the importance LEGO has on us AFOLs just because there’s a pandemic going on, but I read back what I wrote and it definitely comes off that way. What I meant to say is please don’t let your disappointment at LEGO not meeting a release date turn into resentment for LEGO as a business. It’s not like they want to limit the amount of sets they release, it’s just a product of circumstance.

It’s perfectly healthy to be upset about it though, don’t let angry people on the internet like me tell you different!

1 minute ago, Tobias_Jay said:

I don’t think the warehouses are bare as such, I just think that the process of getting stock from warehouse to store shelves has been slowed due to intense sanitation measures and rules around the staff permitted on the premises. 

And I do apologise if I came off as insensitive earlier. I don’t mean to diminish the importance LEGO has on us AFOLs just because there’s a pandemic going on, but I read back what I wrote and it definitely comes off that way. What I meant to say is please don’t let your disappointment at LEGO not meeting a release date turn into resentment for LEGO as a business. It’s not like they want to limit the amount of sets they release, it’s just a product of circumstance.

It’s perfectly healthy to be upset about it though, don’t let angry people on the internet like me tell you different!

All good. Wasn't really upset, just feeling that initial letdown you feel when you were so excited about something and then it doesn't happen. Eurobricks is my therapy! Haha!

Still no sign of Burrow and Student pack so will need to keep an eye out for them. But thought i'd bite the bullet and buy the other 4 sets on Amazon. Their prices are pretty close to what I would have payed at Kmart. Now it's just a wait and see as to how soon they get stock. But at least Amazon uses much faster shipping than LEGO. I've got packages from shonky little shacks in China faster than my past LEGO parcels have arrived (Not even talking initial release month purchases)! Rofl.

Some Star Wars sets have just leaked from a catalog... I wonder if that means we'll get clearer pics of the AC and maybe pics of the CMF, D2C and possible extra set soon...?