Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

Ha, I knew it! Well, as he seems to be German-speaking it's not impossible that he's from Switzerland like you :innocent:

Well, he actually is Swiss unless someone stole his username + avatar :grin: Now I feel slightly embarrassed, but at least he's from a different region than me :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Brother From Another Brick said:

For people questioning the release of a D2C Harry Potter set, i've been told it's 100% a Diagon Alley, but take that as you will. This info is not from Instgram leakers, so the rumors seem to be legit.

Thank you, good to have multiple sources confirming things

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Please, for the love of everything that is good on this Earth, not that discussion again :distressed: It went nowhere the last five times and it won't go anywhere this time either :tongue: Curse you, pseudo-leaker-who-shall-not-be-named, for allowing this discussion to flourish again 

Wait are you talking about me? :cry_sad:

I guess you're right, I even said it was a terrible idea when it was discussed before lol. I guess I now feel I wouldn't mind if it were split in half and wasn't just one $400 set.

Sorry :cry3:

It’s weird that Argos haven’t listed the sets in the UK, they usually do list new Lego sets before release, and they have with all the previous HP sets

You were the chosen one Kingnono! It was said you would discredit the false leakers, not join them! 

19 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Wait are you talking about me? :cry_sad: [...]

No, I was referring to the discussion as a whole :wink: I'm not even saying that either of the opposing ideas is better than the other (though I do have a preference), I was just getting sick of it because the discussion is entirely pointless due to it being solely about personal preferences. Nobody is going to change their mind about what they would prefer, so it's not really a fruitful discussion that could lead anywhere (hence the ice cream comparison). People are free to discuss whatever they like, I just dread the idea of scrolling through another 5 pages of it :laugh:

27 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s weird that Argos haven’t listed the sets in the UK, they usually do list new Lego sets before release, and they have with all the previous HP sets

That’s because of the virus, we’re not a warehouse like some, we’re actual stores

oops, may have said too much about where I work ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

That’s because of the virus, we’re not a warehouse like some, we’re actual stores

How does that affect it? Surely they’d be listed on the website like they always are, as you can still order items. Recent sets like the Star Wars busts got released there on release day. So I’m assuming they’re just going to be listed tomorrow? Just a bit odd they wouldn’t have the ‘available from June 1st’ page.

Just now, Whovastron said:

How does that affect it? Surely they’d be listed on the website like they always are, as you can still order items. Recent sets like the Star Wars busts got released there on release day. So I’m assuming they’re just going to be listed tomorrow? Just a bit odd they wouldn’t have the ‘available from June 1st’ page.

Because they don’t have them for pre-order so they don’t have them on the site, the Lego sets are only ever available on the website upon day of release, they’re available on the in-store computers for staff, but not on the public website, it’s only ever a glitch if they appear before release date, last year was the same and the year before was the same (I have friends in the company, hence how I managed to get the job there after being fired from my previous job)

4 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Anyone know what coming soon means? It doesn’t say whether it comes out June or August.

On the UK site below the price on the set’s actual page it says the specific date, don’t know if it’s the same for you?

23 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Debenhams? :wink:

15 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Because they don’t have them for pre-order so they don’t have them on the site, the Lego sets are only ever available on the website upon day of release, they’re available on the in-store computers for staff, but not on the public website, it’s only ever a glitch if they appear before release date, last year was the same and the year before was the same (I have friends in the company, hence how I managed to get the job there after being fired from my previous job)

On the UK site below the price on the set’s actual page it says the specific date, don’t know if it’s the same for you?

I don’t mean up for pre order. But a lot of the time Argos do list the items a long time before release, just without the option to purchase them. For example; earlier this year they listed new doctor who figures that said they’d be available the next month. Last year the entire HP wave was listed, but the description simply stated ‘available from June 1st’ (not sure if that was the day but it said the release day. This is a really common thing on the website
In 2018 I even managed to get the the brickheads a few days early because it said they were in stock at my local shop before the stated release date

EDIT: Recently they actually did it with the Wonder Woman 84 set

Edited by Whovastron

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t mean up for pre order. But a lot of the time Argos do list the items a long time before release, just without the option to purchase them. For example; earlier this year they listed new doctor who figures that said they’d be available the next month. Last year the entire HP wave was listed, but the description simply stated ‘available from June 1st’ (not sure if that was the day but it said the release day. This is a really common thing on the website
In 2018 I even managed to get the the brickheads a few days early because it said they were in stock at my local shop before the stated release date

They definitely weren’t on the site early the first year as I kept checking myself, can’t speak for last year, but the first year they weren’t

3 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Debenhams? :wink:

Ah, damn, you got me ??

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

They definitely weren’t on the site early the first year as I kept checking myself, can’t speak for last year, but the first year they weren’t

I think you might be right actually, I remember some confusion over the uk release date, the brickheadz were listed but the actual sets weren’t, as they came out earlier. But the definitely were last year as I ordered them as soon as the page allowed me to

@TheRandomBlocker you don’t happen to know if the burrow set will be available at Argos do you? It’s going to be exclusive somewhere but I haven’t seen anyone mention where

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

I think you might be right actually, I remember some confusion over the uk release date, the brickheadz were listed but the actual sets weren’t, as they came out earlier. But the definitely were last year as I ordered them as soon as the page allowed me to

Ah, that makes sense, I bought mine from the Lego Store in London last year so I didn’t need to keep an eye on the website lmao ?

51 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Anyone know what coming soon means? It doesn’t say whether it comes out June or August.

I'm not even sure that LEGO knows!  :laugh:
In all seriousness, I'm pathetic enough that I'm going to stay up until midnight to see if it goes on sale.

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm not even sure that LEGO knows!  :laugh:
In all seriousness, I'm pathetic enough that I'm going to stay up until midnight to see if it goes on sale.

I don’t think that’s pathetic, pathetic is queuing up for hours on end to get a video game that is the same thing 10x over *cough* Fifa

57 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

@TheRandomBlocker you don’t happen to know if the burrow set will be available at Argos do you? It’s going to be exclusive somewhere but I haven’t seen anyone mention where

Sorry, I’ve only just seen this, I do not know unfortunately, I’m one of the ones who is self isolating so I can’t access the work computers, I would love for it to be exclusive to Argos in the UK because then I can get it with discount lmao, hopefully they’ll be up at 12 tonight so I’ll keep my eye out ☺️

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Finally found a video which gave a quick glimpse at the RoR connected to the AT. It looks pretty decent actually.

Where’s the video? I’m actually intrigued as to what it looks like

12 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Where’s the video? I’m actually intrigued as to what it looks like

This one I think. Its in the end.

Just now, mark1991t said:

This one I think. Its in the end.

Yup, that's the one. It's a really short moment, but it's something at least.

Edited by Huigberts Builds