Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

32 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If we have a MF with minifigs do that mean that we can not get a second huge MF with minifigs at the same time?!

My point is that it‘s next to impossible to make a 400$ microscale DA :wink: If you make the buildings larger than the GWP version, it‘s not microscale anymore. If you keep it at the same scale, how are you supposed to expand that into a 400$ set? 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

If we have a MF with minifigs do that mean that we can not get a second huge MF with minifigs at the same time?!

As I have said earlier I do not trust the DA to be system-scale before I see it. I hope and think it is, but I am not sure after we got the microfig Hogwarts after we were sure it would be system-scale..

After all they may end up doing the same thing this time. Make one huge D2C micro-scale and new system-scale part every year :shrug_oh_well:

27 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

My point is that it‘s next to impossible to make a 400$ microscale DA :wink: If you make the buildings larger than the GWP version, it‘s not microscale anymore. If you keep it at the same scale, how are you supposed to expand that into a 400$ set? 

Yeah, if a microscale Diagon Alley is gonna cost €400 we'd get a huge chunk of London with it as well so that seems very unlikely to me.

Edited by Salix

So, just to check... Do we actually really, properly know a 400-dollar Harry Potter D2C set is coming this year? Like, backed up by someone like Falconfan? 

And what about that elusive System-scale set, that according to King No-Know was an underground something? Apart from what it is, do we know there will be an additional set? 

1 minute ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

So, just to check... Do we actually really, properly know a 400-dollar Harry Potter D2C set is coming this year? Like, backed up by someone like Falconfan? 

And what about that elusive System-scale set, that according to King No-Know was an underground something? Apart from what it is, do we know there will be an additional set? 

The D2C has been listed in a web shop and the rumour is backed up by stonewars and jedijacpenguin, both of which are rarely wrong :classic: 

The other set however hasn‘t been confirmed by anyone else. If there really was one, we most likely would‘ve heard about it from another source by now

1 minute ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

The set number in question 75978, was reported my many leakers to be the number for the D2C. Kingnono then said that it was in fact a regular set and the D2C has a different set number entirely. I’m pretty sure he was the first and only one really saying that, so now that he’s discredited there’s a distinct possibility that we’ll only be getting the six sets we already know about (plus the D2C, CMF, and AC). 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The D2C has been listed in a web shop and the rumour is backed up by stonewars and jedijacpenguin, both of which are rarely wrong :classic: 

The other set however hasn‘t been confirmed by anyone else. If there really was one, we most likely would‘ve heard about it from another source by now

Can you please private message the link to the web shop where the D2C has been listed, thanks :)

1 minute ago, LeRuCo said:

Can you please private message the link to the web shop where the D2C has been listed, thanks :)

The thing is, I can‘t remember which store it was and neither can @Falconfan1414. But there definitely was one that listed it. They probably had to delete the listing shortly thereafter, so even if we remembered the website, it wouldn‘t be on there anymore anyway :shrug_oh_well:

54 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks! Good to know. The side of me that has to grade academic papers for a day job appreciates your mentioning of two reliable sources. :laugh: 

4 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Thanks! Good to know. The side of me that has to grade academic papers for a day job appreciates your mentioning of two reliable sources. :laugh: 

The side of me that writes academic papers appreciates that my efforts did not go unnoticed :wink: Excuse me for neglecting to format them according to APA guidelines :head_back:

Edited by Lego-Freak

After seeing back of Grawp... it's disgusting. I like the front, but how could they make his whole back look like this? Who thought it was a good idea to leave it that way? I'm not even sure if I want to buy this set now...

(I saw it on #legoleaks).

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After seeing back of Grawp... it's disgusting. I like the front, but how could they make his whole back look like this? Who thought it was a good idea to leave it that way? I'm not even sure if I want to buy this set now...

Yeah, the backs of similar brick-built figures like Giant-Man and Ares were the same, with strange backs. I would've thought LEGO would've improved since then...

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

All brickbuilt bigfigs look like that from the back though, it was to be expected

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah, the backs of similar brick-built figures like Giant-Man and Ares were the same, with strange backs. I would've thought LEGO would've improved since then...

Besides reversing studs to have a SNOT back just like the front, which would add complexity, a bunch of parts and probably drive up the price, what could be done really? Personally I think all three brick-built maxifigures so far look awesome and lose very little by having plain anti-studs on the back. The overall value of the set more than makes up for it in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

All brickbuilt bigfigs look like that from the back though, it was to be expected

Honestly, I totally forgot how they look and I was kind of shocked when I saw his back earlier today. 

53 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Besides reversing studs to have a SNOT back just like the front, which would add complexity, a bunch of parts and probably drive up the price, what could be done really? Personally I think all three brick-built maxifigures so far look awesome and lose very little by having plain anti-studs on the back. The overall value of the set more than makes up for it in my opinion.

There are 4: Giant-Man, Ares, Stone Warrior and now Grawp :wink: But overall I agree, there's not much they could've done and it doesn't look that horrible.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah I still don’t understand why people are still suggesting DA is micro scale... do they not realise how huge Hogwarts was and how impossible it would be to make a long line, but a line nonetheless, of shops so huge?

8 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yeah I still don’t understand why people are still suggesting DA is micro scale... do they not realise how huge Hogwarts was and how impossible it would be to make a long line, but a line nonetheless, of shops so huge?

The main argument against microscale is definetely just the scale itself. At a $400 pricepoint they would have to include a huge chunk of London to justify the price and at that point it would be ''London (and Diagon Alle)'' rather than ''Diagon Alley''

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Are stonewars backing it?  They are the one who  made a whole article on how likely it is, just by reasoning, not facts.   I dont know, have they commented on the matter in a more confirming way after that?

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/harry-potter-d2c-set-2020/

Stores sometimes list thigns based on rumors  so i wouldn't automaticly take that as a leak.

I dont know who jedijacpenguin is, but how clear a statement do we have from him? and where. 

If thats clear and trustworty, that'd be all that matters. 

This is the text on jedijac’s website regarding DA:

D2C 1 : 75978 - {? Diagon Alley ?} - Includes pcs TBA,

Do the question marks indicate that it is probably Diagon Alley, but that it is not confirmed by a reliable source or similar?

It's been more than 2 days (48 hours) and still no response from Kingnono. I'd say after that amount of time without any explanation, we can probably say that he was another fake leaker with made-up hints. Eh...

So yeah, I'd say that 75978 being the D2C is back on the table, so probably no mysterious retailer exclusive this year. That really sucks tbh.

10 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Do the question marks indicate that it is probably Diagon Alley, but that it is not confirmed by a reliable source or similar?

Yup, the D2C being 75978 and from this theme is set in stone. It being Diagon Alley is highly rumored but not confirmed

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So yeah, I'd say that 75978 being the D2C is back on the table, so probably no mysterious retailer exclusive this year. That really sucks tbh.

It's not like we knew what it would be if it were real so we're not losing much here, more money for other sets :wink:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup, the D2C being 75978 and from this theme is set in stone. It being Diagon Alley is highly rumored but not confirmed

It's not like we knew what it would be if it were real so we're not losing much here, more money for other sets :wink:

When we still thought he was reliable, and he dropped "iconic underground scene", there were a few options - Ministry of Magic, Chamber of Secrets or even Inferni Cave Battle. Honestly any of those (giving the 50€ price point) would be a must-buy for me. I guess I'll just buy RoR, FF, AC and some CMF then.

Does Padma in the AC use the Centaur/Dumbledore hair piece in black or the one from the new Hogwarts student pack (Cho)? Printed coral 1x2 brick for the dress and her skin colour is most likely nougat (although the saturation in the pic is a little off)

The D2C being DA is not confirmed in the strictest sense, but at least we know there‘s a HP D2C coming, which was first mentioned by the German youtuber who attend the toy fair in Nuremberg. (Speaking of him: am I the only one who finds it hilarious that he made two confusion statements that both ended up being true? He confused Privet Drive with the Burrow and didn‘t make clear if „open-winged Hedwig“ referred to 75979 or a new owl mould and all four of these things are now real :laugh_hard:)

And even if all of the DA rumours are questionable, it‘s still the most likely option by far. A second Hogwarts set makes no sense since nobody would buy this one unless they already own the first one. Creating a 400$ set as an add-on to another 400$ set is a positively horrible idea. The first one can stand on its own, this one couldn‘t :wink:

54 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

So no proper leaks about the price tag then.   Maybe we shouldn't cling so much to the 400,-