Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well that is on you all

Why do you waste your time dissussing "hints"?

Wait until the official reveal. Discussing hints is a waste of time. After all, the sets are already on production, knowing in advance what comes in each set doesnt change a thing about them

The fact that you pay so much attention to "hints" is the reason why this keeps happening

For a lot of people, myself included, knowing in advance what comes in a set increases how much I want to get the sets because it helps to build my hype for seeing new figures and knowing what is coming up

Picked up AT and room of reqirement at the local toy shop today! Both look amazing. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow... 

Also, hi! Been lurking for almost two years (which is about when I came out of my dark ages) but don't think I've posted before. Thank you all for making the wait for new sets so much more enjoyable! 

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

15% at brickshop. Tempted to buy it but I need the money for the CMF so I'll have to wait some time

How much does a full set for a CMF cost usually since the first HP series was quite expensive because of Grindelwald being rare.

Just now, Thieda said:

How much does a full set for a CMF cost usually since the first HP series was quite expensive because of Grindelwald being rare.

This time around there won't be rare figure like Grindelwald luckily. :)

28 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Around 180 to 200 euro

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Around 180 to 200 euro

You're talking about a ful, box right

4 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

You're talking about a ful, box right

Obviously, if I was talking about a single series that would come to 11-12 euro per figure

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Obviously, if I was talking about a single series that would come to 11-12 euro per figure

Thank god

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That's also the way I see it. FB was a stepping stone for the return of the HP theme, but it's absolutely not necessary for the theme to continue :classic: What I don't get though is why they waited for CoG instead of reviving the theme in 2016. Sure, there were the Dimensions sets, but they still could've brought it back right then and there :shrug_oh_well:

And I would be in my dark ages and therefore be very sad I missed all three Harry Potter series of sets :distressed:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well that is on you all

Why do you waste your time dissussing "hints"?

Wait until the official reveal. Discussing hints is a waste of time. After all, the sets are already on production, knowing in advance what comes in each set doesnt change a thing about them

The fact that you pay so much attention to "hints" is the reason why this keeps happening

I think you're being a bit harsh... it's only a bit of fun. Nobody here is angry that there's the possibility DA isn't true when they believed a leak... so I don't think there's any need to act like people deserved to be punished and shouldn't have been discussing it... You seem like you're trying to take the moral high ground when nobody has done anything wrong.

I wasn't letting myself get overhyped for the leaks in case they weren't true or weren't good, but I didn't look down on those who are a little disappointed that something awesome-sounding isn't (if it isn't) true.

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 hour ago, deskp said:

no more or less a waste of time than most anything dicscussed in forums.

I have nothing againt discussing actual leaks, lists and then the reveals

But hints.... those only feed the trolls.

Just now, Robert8 said:

those only feed the trolls.

Unfortunately I think you’re actually right, the more that things like this are discussed if they are fake it gives them a sense of big headedness because they’ve got people talking

17 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

And I would be in my dark ages and therefore be very sad I missed all three Harry Potter series of sets :distressed:

I think you're being a bit harsh... it's only a bit of fun. Nobody here is angry that there's the possibility DA isn't true when they believed a leak... so I don't think there's any need to act like people deserved to be punished and shouldn't have been discussing it... You seem like you're trying to take the moral high ground when nobody has done anything wrong.

I just pointing out the fact that the hints are not actual info. So, what's the point of talking about them? Most of the time you're only setting yourself up for dissapointment

And this is a cycle that repeats every year

1. Someone drops a hints

2. People talk about them like for days, even weeks

3. They turn out to be fake most of the time

4. People complaint about it

5. Go back to #1 next year

When was the last time this didn't happen? I don't recall. Every year there is someone doing it

Edited by Robert8

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I just pointing out the fact that the hints are not actual info. So, what's the point of talking about them? Most of the time you're only setting yourself up for dissapointment

And this is a cycle that repeats every year

1. Someone drops a hints

2. People talk about them like for days, even weeks

3. They turn out to be fake most of the time

5. Go back to #1 next year

When was the last time this didn't happen? I don't recall. Every year there is someone doing it

Last year I was here to clarify fake and real rumours, unfortunately I am not able to do so this year as I’m in the same boat as y’all and know literally nothing, shame there’s no one here willing to do it, but also probably for the best

Well, the difference is that this year, we're talking about a D2C and a CMF, which tend to be better-kept secrets than other sets (unless someone accidentally drops a pic on a server, whoops) :wink: Just look at all of the D2Cs that have recently popped out of nowhere (Fiat 500, Haunted House, Crocodile locomotive etc). The fact that the coveted annual D2C list has basically been extinct since 2018 doesn't help either

I've seen a couple of reviews of the sets and I've noticed that people have had missing pieces in sets like privet drive. ANd that someone had hermoine's torso in the ROR missing and getting 2 of harry's. I plan on picking the sets up tomorrow and I really hope that I don't have that problem

I don't know if things have changed, though I bet they have, but it used to be super easy for literally any LEGO store employee to find information months or half a year in advance about almost everything, D2Cs included. I had a friend who was a retail associate at a store back around 2015 and he sent me all kinds of stuff just for private interest, and it was amazing how much he could easily turn up on the backroom computer with no special level of clearance or anything. It was just there if you knew how to look.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've changed that now, but that's why for years I'd treat leaks cautiously but at the same time know there was quite a possibility of them being real, since it only would take one store employee telling stuff to a friend and then we get real, legit leaks.

Anyway, it's people's prerogative to discuss leaks and hints here, legitimate or not. We do our best to clamp down on fake leakers who post here on Eurobricks, and they're usually easy to spot, but when it's coming from IG or elsewhere it's really up to everyone in the discussion to decide on their legitimacy. Everything always gets revealed in the end, but discussing the leaks out there is part of the hobby itself. When we get duped, we get duped, and move on.

4 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I've seen a couple of reviews of the sets and I've noticed that people have had missing pieces in sets like privet drive. ANd that someone had hermoine's torso in the ROR missing and getting 2 of harry's. I plan on picking the sets up tomorrow and I really hope that I don't have that problem

I've heard about that as well but I don't worry much about it because Lego is always very accommodating about cases like that so we will get the missing pieces (if there are some) for sure :classic:

4 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Anyway, it's people's prerogative to discuss leaks and hints here, legitimate or not. We do our best to clamp down on fake leakers who post here on Eurobricks, and they're usually easy to spot, but when it's coming from IG or elsewhere it's really up to everyone in the discussion to decide on their legitimacy. Everything always gets revealed in the end, but discussing the leaks out there is part of the hobby itself. When we get duped, we get duped, and move on.

Couldn't have said it any better!

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That's the step that isn't happening. Nobody is complaining. People are allowed to discuss leaks, as Clone OPatra just said, and there's nothing wrong with finding this exciting and enjoyable. Similarly, there's nothing wrong with hoping it's rue and being excited for that possibility, as long as they realise there's a possibility it isn't true. It's quite easy to enjoy talking about them without setting yourself up for disappointment as you describe.

So please, there's no need to look down on people who enjoyed discussing such a leak, and are now continuing to discuss it in terms of the fact it may not be true. If you don't want to join in with the discussion (and as far as I can remember, you haven't been, so I don't know why you've turned up now, apart from to say "told you so" and be rude) then that's fine but don't complain about others talking about it.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, the difference is that this year, we're talking about a D2C and a CMF, which tend to be better-kept secrets than other sets (unless someone accidentally drops a pic on a server, whoops) :wink: Just look at all of the D2Cs that have recently popped out of nowhere (Fiat 500, Haunted House, Crocodile locomotive etc). The fact that the coveted annual D2C list has basically been extinct since 2018 doesn't help either

Crocodile locomotive? Whaaa? 

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's not. We already have a microscale DA :tongue:

If we have a MF with minifigs do that mean that we can not get a second huge MF with minifigs at the same time?!

As I have said earlier I do not trust the DA to be system-scale before I see it. I hope and think it is, but I am not sure after we got the microfig Hogwarts after we were sure it would be system-scale..

After all they may end up doing the same thing this time. Make one huge D2C micro-scale and new system-scale part every year :shrug_oh_well:

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

After all they may end up doing the same thing this time. Make one huge D2C micro-scale and new system-scale part every year :shrug_oh_well:

This is of course possible but my gut feeling is that Hogwarts is a very famous and unique silhouette and so a display piece appeals to a wide range of people. Diagon Alley does not have as much of an appeal and is slightly less iconic, which makes me think they're more likely to make it a play set than a microscale display.