Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

All I’m gunna say is- remember the random blocker last year, remember the many that gave solid andtrue info that was scoffed at or deemed lies. It’s a common theme in this thread to be too quick to doubt or judge people. And then after everyone’s all like ‘oh..... guess.... guess we were wrong about them huh. Well errr...... we won’t do it again..... s... o.... r..... r..... y....’ . So let’s not be hasty to bash this guy alright. Thank you 

But unlike @TheRandomBlocker Kingnono doesn't have anything to back his info up and the first thing we've seen that only he has given info on is way off (like others have set, the Burrow's minifigure selection was really predictable). Sure, TheRandomBlocker didn't get everything right as the sets changed a bit from TF to release but he still was right about almost everything and was able to back his info up. And the fact he's been quiet doesn't bode well for his legitimacy either

49 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Has anyone besides kingnono said that? There were 7 in last year’s after all. 

*snap*

Yup, people who have seen the set at Toy Fair confirmed it.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

And the fact he's been quiet doesn't bode well for his legitimacy either

I was one of the first to comment on the post when we saw the leaked image and that was 23hrs ago, I think his lack of response to any message has proved that he was BSing us at the least and have very lucky educated guesses at the rest of the stuff

I’ve kept myself skeptical since being back on this forum, but this has definitely made me not trust him, why would he not respond to all these people calling him out with an explanation?

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But unlike @TheRandomBlocker Kingnono doesn't have anything to back his info up and the first thing we've seen that only he has given info on is way off (like others have set, the Burrow's minifigure selection was really predictable). Sure, TheRandomBlocker didn't get everything right as the sets changed a bit from TF to release but he still was right about almost everything and was able to back his info up. And the fact he's been quiet doesn't bode well for his legitimacy either

It’s the same principal though- random blocker said stuff, we were all like oh no that’s wrong go away, sets get revealed, and he was correct and we all owed him a big apology, I just don’t want the same to happen to kingnono.

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I was one of the first to comment on the post when we saw the leaked image and that was 23hrs ago, I think his lack of response to any message has proved that he was BSing us at the least and have very lucky educated guesses at the rest of the stuff

I’ve kept myself skeptical since being back on this forum, but this has definitely made me not trust him, why would he not respond to all these people calling him out with an explanation?

I just don’t wanna make the same mistake we made with you bro ? sorry for that ?

1 minute ago, Legoniche said:

I just don’t wanna make the same mistake we made with you bro ? sorry for that ?

There’s no need to apologise, I would much rather people be skeptical than just blindly follow others, that way if it does all turn out to be fake or educated guesses then no one gets upset/disappointed and the only person affected is the fake leaker who loses all credibility ☺️

Just now, Legoniche said:

It’s the same principal though- random blocker said stuff, we were all like oh no that’s wrong go away, sets get revealed, and he was correct and we all owed him a big apology, I just don’t want the same to happen to kingnono.

We've learned our lesson from last year though, nobody (or at least not the majority of us) is saying Nono is definetely 100% a fraud. Some members we're already skeptical of his info and more are skeptical now.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Same thoughts here, if he really is legit there'd be no way he wouldn't have responded by now

We’ll see in a couple months anyway I guess- not the end of the world either way ??‍♂️ Just hyped for more Lego HP ?

Just now, Legoniche said:

We’ll see in a couple months anyway I guess- not the end of the world either way ??‍♂️ Just hyped for more Lego HP ?

True that, any Lego HP (of a reasonable price) is good Lego HP ??

There are three major differences between _kingnono_‘s hints and @TheRandomBlocker‘s:

1) the latter made no secret about where he got the info from (London Toy Fair).

2) His info ended up being only slightly incorrect.

3) The info was about regular retail sets.

_kingnono_ however hasn‘t provided any details on how he acquired such specific knowledge about a D2C, a retailer exclusive, a CMF series AND a GWP, all of which rarely leak this far in advance. And the info about the AC was completely false.

The longer I think about it, the more I question why I started to believe those rumours in the first place :tongue:

Edit: Oh, and there‘s a 4th difference: @TheRandomBlocker was very specific with his intel, so it was easily falsifiable. Who would‘ve thought that Expecto Patronum would include Harry, Sirius, two Dementors and the stag patronus? _kingnono_‘s hints are so vague they could be true in multiple scenarios, which is not a good thing. There’s a reason hypotheses need to be falsifiable :wink: 

The info about 75978 („iconic underground scene“) e.g. could be true in a multitude of ways, as evidenced by all the speculation lately. His only specific predictions were about some of the remaining CMFs

Edited by Lego-Freak

49 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

_kingnono_ however hasn‘t provided any details on how he acquired such specific knowledge about a D2C, a retailer exclusive, a CMF series AND a GWP, all of which rarely leak this far in advance. And the info about the AC was completely false.

I could imagine that he has an informant who is very close (must be an employee) to TLG and gives him (they're probably good friends or so) just decriptions of the upcoming stuff. Kingnono hands them over to his followers but to protect his friend, he does it with a big lack of detail so nobody is able to track them back to anybody. The problem about that is that kingnono himself is just a secondary source so he has to rely on his contact. And in this case it is probable that his contact spreads just some false information to protect himself a little more. 

That's my speculation about how the whole thing could have worked. I neither want to defend kingnono nor judge him until we got some tangible facts. 

Edited by 8fifty

Just now, 8fifty said:

I could imagine that he has an informant who is very close (must be an employee) to TLG and gives him (they're probably good friends or so) just decriptions of the upcoming stuff. Kingnono hands them over to his followers but to protect his friend, he does it with a big lack of detail so nobody is able to track them back to anybody. The problem about that is that kingnono himself is just a secondary source so he has to rely on his contact. And in this case it is probably that his contact spreads just some false information to protect himself a little more. 

That's my speculation about how the whole thing could have worked. I neither want to defend kingnono nor judge him until we got some tangible facts. 

That's actually the best theory I've heard yet!  :thumbup:

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Kingnono is Marco Bessa, confirmed.  :grin: 

39 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I could imagine that he has an informant who is very close (must be an employee) to TLG and gives him (they're probably good friends or so) just decriptions of the upcoming stuff. Kingnono hands them over to his followers but to protect his friend, he does it with a big lack of detail so nobody is able to track them back to anybody. The problem about that is that kingnono himself is just a secondary source so he has to rely on his contact. And in this case it is probable that his contact spreads just some false information to protect himself a little more. 

While trying to protect yourself/your source makes sense doing so through false information does not as it pretty much invalidates or at least makes people question all the info you've put out beforehand

44 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Kingnono is Marco Bessa, confirmed.  :grin: 

Haha, imagine that :head_back: If you don't want your stuff to be leaked illegally, just leak it by yourself :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

While trying to protect yourself/your source makes sense doing so through false information does not as it pretty much invalidates or at least makes people question all the info you've put out beforehand

I'm with you, it's definitely not the most intelligent move. But sometime people get a little bit too creative.

47 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

And in this case it is probable that his contact spreads just some false information to protect himself a little more. 

That‘s way too convenient. By that logic, I could claim to know something about the 2021 sets and everything I accidentally get right proves me right and everything I get wrong is just my source providing me with fabricated bits of information to cover himself :tongue: 

In order to prove yourself as a real leaker, you have to provide specific falsifiable information that you couldn‘t have gotten right just by accident. 

I hope there is still chance of getting Diagon Alley 400$ set. I will be disappointed if everything that kingnono said it's fake.

13 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

I hope there is still chance of getting Diagon Alley 400$ set. I will be disappointed if everything that kingnono said it's fake.

We knew we'd be getting this set a while before Kingnono started putting out his hints. If he's a fraud that only means his info on the sets is fake, it's still coming

I know by now not to completely trust anything unless I see it myself (and even then there are exceptions - sometimes I would uncover information about something so early on that it would be cancelled or significantly altered by the time products actually released), so I wasn't really counting on any of the rumors to be true, but I will say I've been deliberately conservative with my 2020 LEGO budget precisely because of the possibility of a $400 Diagon Alley set. So I suppose the absolute worst that could happen is... I would have an extra $400 in my budget? I mean, I'm still hedging to be on the safe side, but it also potentially opens up some other possibilities for me.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We knew we'd be getting this set a while before Kingnono started putting out his hints. If he's a fraud that only means his info on the sets is fake, it's still coming

ETA: Ah, I don't think I'd realized that. The first rumors of it seem to have surfaced while I was taking a break from (most of) the internet, so it was difficult to piece together all the news I'd missed out on.

I had a dream of the D2C Diagon Alley being revealed and it looked so bad ? 

11 minutes ago, topiku said:

I had a dream of the D2C Diagon Alley being revealed and it looked so bad ? 

I can't speak for you but everytime I had a dream like this it turned out to be absolutely amazing irl :shrug_oh_well:

The CMF series  is still happening right?  Pictures  the package leaked a while back.

Just now, Icebrick said:

The CMF series  is still happening right?  Pictures  the package leaked a while back.

Of course it is. We've known about it's existence for ages, seen the packaging and know the releasedate

1 minute ago, Icebrick said:

Yeah, it’s still happening, people are expecting something official around mid-June

Things we have rumours for even if _kingnono_ is a fraud:

• 400$ Dragon Alley D2C
  • CMF series

Things we have no substantiated info on:

• the existence of 75978
  • the exact contents of the D2C
  • the remaining 7 CMFs
  • the existence of a GWP

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yeah, it’s still happening, people are expecting something official around mid-June

Ah.

On the bright side,  kingnono falsely leading us on  means that we don't what the last seven figures in the CMF will  be or anything about the figures on DA.   For those not wanting multiple versions of the trio in the set, there might not be.