Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, deskp said:

Is that coral color lego is using on the skirt?

I was thinking that, it looks too pink to be orange, but too not-pink to be the pink used on Hermione

6 minutes ago, deskp said:

last eyar we got 4 new figs.  but those figs only used 5 prints.    Patil there uses 2-3 new ones all by herself.

Don’t forget the statue had a recolored beard. I remember reading once that part recolors cost about the same as new prints. 

As for what we might get other than the trio and the Patil twins, pretty much any male Hogwarts student would use the same torso as Harry or Cedric. If you choose a student who’s already a minifigure (Neville, Draco) or one who’s got a face that could use a preexisting head (Roger Davies) then you could easily whip up an ‘exclusive’ character that doesn’t use any new prints. 

I guess we're in for a long wait in seeing the remaining figures if its anything like last year. only 4 figures shown on the boxart total, front, top and back.

22 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Это Гермиона в платье Юла, та же фигура, что была в Башне с часами

No

1 minute ago, MaximVlogs said:

No

Ugh, it’s either Hermione, or Parvati who is on the front, it’s no one new

also, I’m not sure how you made my message Russian, but I’m impressed ??

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Don’t forget the statue had a recolored beard. I remember reading once that part recolors cost about the same as new prints.

oh yes! thats right. 6 new "prints" then!

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ugh, it’s either Hermione, or Parvati who is on the front, it’s no one new

also, I’m not sure how you made my message Russian, but I’m impressed ??

google auto translate in chrome.

we see in the high quality pix its twin.

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

we see in the high quality pix its twin.

You can also see in the higher quality pictures that Hermione’s shown in the panel on the top of the box (with Harry and Ron plus a tree and some presents) so we know for certain 4 of the minifigures in the AC, and we can guess the 5th will be the other twin (Parvati since I’m getting more and more sure it’s Padma on the box). 

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

google auto translate in chrome

Ah, didn’t know it changed it in quotes, interesting

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

we see in the high quality pix its twin

I’ve seen the HQ pic, my eye sight must be really bad if I still can’t see it that well, unless there’s a really good HQ pic out there ??

I keep looking at the picture and I’m still not sold on it not being Hermione

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

We really won by getting Parvati (or Padma)!! Hopefully we get the other twin as well or I’d be a little disappointed. Honestly, even if they’re the only 2 exclusive minifigs it will be a worthy purchase for me. Is the bar really set that low? :pir-cry_sad:

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

You can also see in the higher quality pictures that Hermione’s shown in the panel on the top of the box (with Harry and Ron plus a tree and some presents) so we know for certain 4 of the minifigures in the AC, and we can guess the 5th will be the other twin (Parvati since I’m getting more and more sure it’s Padma on the box). 

Just had another look and that’s definitely Padma with Ron (makes sense), the sari is a weird pink colour and the top is normal pink

Just now, m0repotter said:

We really won by getting Parvati (or Padma)!! Hopefully we get the other twin as well or I’d be a little disappointed. Honestly, even if they’re the only 2 exclusive minifigs it will be a worthy purchase for me. Is the bar really set that low? :pir-cry_sad:

I know that feeling lmao, although I’m still not sold on buying the full AC, I’ll probably just get the twins off BL, I don’t have any of last year’s AC builds out, only got the Harry and Ron figures out

5 hours ago, Magnum said:

But what is that blue thing in front of the piano?

I think That’s a ‘ravenclaw’ present. It’s round, and you can see the grey clip plate representing its tie floating in front of it 

edit: sorry, only now catching up with the discussion and the newer higher res pics, this AC looks great! So pleased to see the twin(s) confirmed!

Edited by Bugbot20082

I'm not suprised ,because I haven't trusted kingnono from the start. Now even if he GUESSES stuff right we still can't trust him. It is a shame that now the hogsmead GWP is up for debate. I think a yule ball Advent calender is probably better thn a OoTP because we can add it to hogwarts. Where we would have nowhere to put the OOtp one.

Just now, Tommy269 said:

I'm not suprised ,because I haven't trusted kingnono from the start. Now even if he GUESSES stuff right we still can't trust him. It is a shame that now the hogsmead GWP is up for debate. I think a yule ball Advent calender is probably better thn a OoTP because we can add it to hogwarts. Where we would have nowhere to put the OOtp one.

If it follows what it’s doing now then an OotP AC wouldn’t come until 2022 anyway, IMO;

year 1; Philosopher’s Stone Great Hall/Advent Calendar

year 2; Goblet of Fire Clocktower/Advent Calendar

year 3; Half Blood Prince Astronomy Tower/Advent Calendar

year 4; Order of the Phoenix Grimmauld Place/Advent Calendar

that gives all films that have major Christmas scenes

3 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I'm more worried about the D2C. If Kingnono turns out to be a fraud we're no longer sure it exists, nor do we know if its DA or if it's minifigure scale or nanoscale. But I guess it saves us all a ton of money

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Lmao, it definitely does me if it is Microscale ?

Same here, I don't even care what figures they'll include. If it's microscale I'm not buying it

I’m likely looking too much into it, but is Parvati’s hair a new/friends piece? Sure, it looks like the Hermione AT piece at first sight (At least to me) but if you zoom in there’s a middle part going on and the hair falling over the shoulder sticks out backwards a lot more. I made a comparison looking at the piece in black on my hand.

Edited by Otherworld

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm more worried about the D2C. If Kingnono turns out to be a fraud we're no longer sure it exists, nor do we know if its DA or if it's minifigure scale or nanoscale. But I guess it saves us all a ton of money

if there is another microscale d2c, at least that would be of something marketable enough to also get standard playsets...

Just now, Otherworld said:

I’m likely looking too much into it, but is Parvati’s hair a new/friends piece? Sure, it looks like the Hermione AT piece at first sight (At least to me) but if you zoom in there’s a middle part going on and the hair falling over the shoulder sticks out backwards a lot more. 

Looks like the same piece used on the Centaurs to me but I might be wrong

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same here, I don't even care what figures they'll include. If it's microscale I'm not buying it

I’m exactly the same, when Hogwarts first came out I kinda wanted the figures, now it’s been out so long I don’t even care that I don’t have them because to me it’d be pointless without the stand to display them because they wouldn’t go in my Hogwarts display ?

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

I’m likely looking too much into it, but is Parvati’s hair a new/friends piece? Sure, it looks like the Hermione AT piece at first sight (At least to me) but if you zoom in there’s a middle part going on and the hair falling over the shoulder sticks out backwards a lot more. I made a comparison looking at the piece in black on my hand.

Looks to me quite a lot like the new Dumbledore/ centaur hair 

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Looks like the same piece used on the Centaurs to me but I might be wrong

That's Dumbledore's hair in black, it's definetely not that long (or at least it doesn't look that long to me)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's Dumbledore's hair in black, it's definetely not that long (or at least it doesn't look that long to me)

Ahhh, I didn’t even think of Dumbledore’s hair, I don’t know why not tbh ?

yes the firends hair sound about right. the same hair Lavender is using

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRutlz9UwUvTC6vkEsHm6c

Edited by deskp

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

yes the firends hair sound about right. the same hair Lavender is using

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRutlz9UwUvTC6vkEsHm6c

Personally I think it looks more like Dumbledore’s hair, but if the recolour would be too expensive I reckon it might be the centaur/Sally hair piece because that is fairly long and already in black ??