Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

When you watch the Yule Ball scenes, at the start there is no piano in the Flitwick shot of him directing the orchestra (I realise now after seeing set photos that the grand piano is outiside of the shot on the right), and after the dance there is a rather quick transition to the Weird Sisters scene that features a lot of guitars, drums and bagpipes prominently for more than a few seconds of screen time. So when I rewatched the scene I thought the designers would include something you can actually see on-screen and not something that can only be seen on the studio tour.

Whilst that is true, I wouldn’t take Advent Calendars for being too accurate to what you see on screen, do it for actual sets, but AC definitely take a lot of creativity Liberty

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

The piano at Grimmauld Place is featured even more prominently and is actually used for character development to showcase the Ron and Hermione romance

whilst that is true, the piano is only in DH, which still wouldn’t be OotP, and it’s not in a Christmas scenario so I doubt it’d be included in an AC, but if we are getting one then I think it’ll be in Grimmauld Place

I like to believe the fig next to Ron is one of the twins, but the darker skin tone and hair could be a weird shading thing? :def_shrug: And her hair looks black, but look at Ron’s... it looks darker as well so of course it would look black next to his. Also, her skirt has this lighter colored stripe at the bottom, the twins don’t have that. Weird...

It makes more sense for her to be one of the Patil twins, but I mean Dumbledore danced with Maxime in the Clock tower set so logic is sort of irrelevant here :tongue:

Just now, Otherworld said:

I like to believe the fig next to Ron is one of the twins, but the darker skin tone and hair could be a weird shading thing? :def_shrug: And her hair looks black, but look at Ron’s... it looks darker as well so of course it would look black next to his. Also, her skirt has this lighter colored stripe at the bottom, the twins don’t have that. Weird...

It makes more sense for her to be one of the Patil twins, but I mean Dumbledore danced with Maxime in the Clock tower set so logic is sort of irrelevant here :tongue:

Ron’s hair is definitely still orange/ginger, and that is far too dark to be a weird shading thing, it’s definitely black, and regarding the stripe at the bottom, that would be shoes and Hermione’s are dark pink

Dumbledore dancing with Maxime was included because they couldn’t have too many figures, so they gave Maxime Dumbledore instead of Hagrid and Fleur/Cedric each other instead of Roger/Cho, I think they’d include the missing figures any way possible and the AC is the best way ☺️

I have always been skeptical about Kingnono but as long as we don't get a statement from him I'll take all of his info with an ever bigger grain of salt then before. 

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Luckily I didn't buy Clocktower, but people who bought it must be pretty pissed off.

Not really, they're not the worst figures to get multiples of. There's some really usefull stuff

5 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Alternatively I think Yule Ball versions of Dumbledore, Neville and Ginny are also possible. 

We already have Dumbledore in his YB attire :wink:

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do we already have date for the CMF release?

Do you think is going to be delayed due the Coronavirus outbreak?

(Sorry if this was already mentioned but this thread is too long)

August 7th and LEGO has confirmed they won't change any planned releasedates because of the virus (Minions doesn't count, that was a studio decision)

50 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

And speaking of kingnono... I’ve been skeptical of the guy since the beginning. He was not the one the one to drop the information about the Burrow set or it’s price point. His first several hints were merely quotes that he said could reference a person or location, most of which pointed towards the Burrow or Diagon Alley, both of which were already known or suspected by the time he started dropping hints. I was a little surprised when he stated being more specific about things because I strongly suspected from the start that he was just stringing us along with vague, educated guesses that were almost guaranteed to come true in some way or another. Even his line up for the CMF consisted entirely of characters id had on my predictions list since long before we even knew we’d get a series 2. I was saying less than a week ago that I would never completely be able to believe he was legit unless he turned out to be right about the advent calendar’s theme and/or 75978 being a different set than the D2C, and, well...

We're on the same page, pretty much my thoughts on the whole thing 

Does the firebolt use a new piece for the straw at the broom end? I don't recall Advent Calendars ever introducing new pieces?

Edited by Metanoios91

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Does the fire-bolt use a new piece for the straw at the broom end? I don't recall Advent Calendars ever introducing new pieces?

I doubt it’d be a new piece, looks like the normal hollow cone piece, plus we don’t know for a fact that it’s the Firebolt, that’s just speculation on my part ?☺️

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ron’s hair is definitely still orange/ginger, and that is far too dark to be a weird shading thing, it’s definitely black, and regarding the stripe at the bottom, that would be shoes and Hermione’s are dark pink

The lighter stripe has darker pink below, so the stripe could very well be leg bits and the shoes a darker pink.

Just now, Otherworld said:

The lighter stripe has darker pink below, so the stripe could very well be leg bits and the shoes a darker pink.

I know that people want to be skeptical but it’s definitely not Hermione, the hair is 100% black and a different piece to YB Hermione, whilst we can’t see the clothes properly it does look similar to what Parvati wears

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I know that people want to be skeptical but it’s definitely not Hermione, the hair is 100% black and a different piece to YB Hermione, whilst we can’t see the clothes properly it does look similar to what Parvati wears

I personally think the hair is brown, though it doesn't look like YB Hermione

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I personally think the hair is brown, though it doesn't look like YB Hermione

Well, we’re all entitled to our opinions ☺️, in all honestly before googling what Parvati looked like I thought it was Cho, but her dress is silver not pink ?

Regardless of the colour the shape of the hair piece doesn't fit the one used for Hermione in the Clock Tower

If you closely you can see what appears to be the part of robes that goes from shoulder to hip on the Patil twins (don’t know what that’s called). And the hair looks very black to me although these blurry photos tend to make colors look off 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

these blurry photos

Can anyone explain why the photos are always so blurry? Do they not have decent cameras in whatever country this comes from? Or is it a security thing?

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Can anyone explain why the photos are always so blurry? Do they not have decent cameras in whatever country this comes from? Or is it a security thing?

Some leakers photograph their leaks with a rock or potato, others just don't want to get themselves/their employer into trouble

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Some leakers photograph their leaks with a rock or potato, others just don't want to get themselves/their employer into trouble

Lmao, these definitely look like they were taken on a potato ?

and it makes sense then not wanting to get into trouble, I may be the proof of what happens when you do ??

33 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If you closely you can see what appears to be the part of robes that goes from shoulder to hip on the Patil twins (don’t know what that’s called). And the hair looks very black to me although these blurry photos tend to make colors look off 

Just noticed that! Ooh! Perhaps I’ve gone mad but I can differentiate those bits in the torso now *huh* I personally managed to see it from a distance, not closely.

We’ve been waiting for you, Parvati.

3 hours ago, Bluetus said:

Well so ... if Lego will being cheap on minifigures in AC like this ...

from now on, we’ll expect AC based on previous wave set ?

2019 AC based on 2018 Great Hall

2020 AC based on 2019 Clock Tower

and next year will be 2021 AC based on 2020 Astronomy Tower ??

Makes sense ?

-helps less fortunate families get figures from the most expensive sets at a much cheaper price 

- makes each AC ‘relevant’ to that year’s sets 

- determines the ‘theme’ of each AC and the models are complimentary to people’s existing displays 

- exclusive AC content could be builds and figures which were considered but cut from the sets for cost

Now that Lego has observed feedback from the astronomy tower it would logically follow that next year one of the exclusive new figures in the AC will be Draco in his party outfit :) 

5 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Is jedijacpenguin a reliable source?

From what I remember last year he just takes information from multiple sources and puts it on his site no matter how reliable it is, I remember someone on here (can’t remember the name) saying that there was going to be a set with Lupin, Sirius and Wormtail in the Shrieking Shack and that ended up on his site and obviously that ended up being fake

might’ve been year before actually, with the womping willow

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

@TheRandomBlocker @HalfBloodPrince

If you two do not want to be here, I can very much make that happen. :thumbup: Decorum please. Either play nice or don't play at all. 

I am not saying you have to engage with one another. But if you do engage, you better not be engaging in an argument. If that happens again, you'll both find yourselves looking for a new forum to argue on.  

Why is it always the Harry Potter thread? :hmpf_bad:

Great news that Harry and Ron doesen't have new prints!

4 new figs that doesen't include those two is almsot a jackpot x)