Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Icebrick said:

So then  the mystery set could  theoretically be any underground scene.  Lego has already shown this year that they aren't afraid to back track so perhaps  the Mom battle isn't the most likely choice for the set after all.    

Although I still don't think that Lego could  make a good Fluffy in a $50 set.

Well, knowing Kingnono particular proclivity for riddles and playing with words, "underground" scene could mean ministry of magic since the Ministry is actually at the actual "Underground" level. Is it too twisted? :P

28 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Keep in mind the hint said the set includes an iconic underground scene, it didn’t say the whole set was underground

Really?  If that's the case then wouldn't that rule out the MoM?

Edited by Icebrick

9 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Really?  If that's the case then wouldn't that rule out the MoM?

They could include the telephone booth as a play feature in some weird way :def_shrug:

Someone on Youtube has reviewed the room of requirement and got duplicates of Harry’s torso instead of Hermione’s, odd.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They could include the telephone booth as a play feature in some weird way :def_shrug:

That's true but when trying  to picture it it seems like it would be difficult to pull off.  Perhaps it could be done as  a feature similar to  the costme changing feature for batman in the 2012 or 2019 bat cave?

4 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Someone on Youtube has reviewed the room of requirement and got duplicates of Harry’s torso instead of Hermione’s, odd.

That's odd. With so many of the sets being made, some slip ups make sense.

Looks like LEGO's solution to the Mexican factories being closed is slapping stickers on the European boxes. So this could be what the boxes will look like in the US for the next few months (possibly the summer wave too).

The Mexico factory shutdown is propably also to blame for the later release of the summer sets in the United States

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The Mexico factory shutdown is propably also to blame for the later release of the summer sets in the United States

I agree, probably had something to do with it

That looks remarkably ugly. I wonder why indicating the piece count is mandatory for US boxes... Do they have to do that with cereals, paper clips and the like too? :laugh_hard: And I thought local regulations were ridiculous at times

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

What happens if a cereal crumbles in the packaging? :grin: Do they have to throw it away or relabel it?

What's this about cereal? I think I missed something.:laugh:

20 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

We see here they moved clocktower replacing it with the AT.  I approve of this because it is far more screen accurate. 

I agree, looking at where the Great Hall is in relation to the clock tower in PoA.

Why don't they just include the piece count on all sets?

3 minutes ago, Salix said:

Why don't they just include the piece count on all sets?

Because they don't want to. If they were to do that they would have to translate the word ''pcs'' for every single country LEGO releases sets in (that's how they explained it themselves), which besides costing a whole lot of money is also impossible due to production limitations. Because of that they've decided not to put the piece counts on sets, except for the US*. The US is the only exception because LEGO is legally obligated to include the piece count on their boxes so the American consumers know what they are buying. Why these rules exist in the States and not in other countries we don't really know but that's pretty much the reason why the US is the only country with piece counts on their boxes. 

* there could be more countries with piece counts on the box but the US is the only one I know of

Is there a well-established "cut-off point" above which they'll print piece counts on the boxes outside the USA? I just checked a couple of boxes I've got lying around (UK), and my Stranger Things Upside Down has the piece count on the box, but the (far smaller) Captain Marvel Skrull Attack does not. Annoyingly I don't tend to keep my boxes for long once the sets are done, so I can't look at any others, but I seem to recall seeing the piece counts on sets in the past.

Eh who cares if the box is ugly, as long as she got it where it counts, it’s fine with me.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That looks remarkably ugly. I wonder why indicating the piece count is mandatory for US boxes... Do they have to do that with cereals, paper clips and the like too? :laugh_hard: And I thought local regulations were ridiculous at times

Paper clips, yes. All "consumer commodities" must label the quantity in terms of weight, measure, or quantity. Dry foods are always labeled by weight. Liquids are always labeled by volume. Lego could possibly label by weight instead of pieces, but that probably requires them to do more work. They already have a part inventory, so a piece count is really simple. Weight would required them to either weigh the parts or calculate them.

54 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Is there a well-established "cut-off point" above which they'll print piece counts on the boxes outside the USA? I just checked a couple of boxes I've got lying around (UK), and my Stranger Things Upside Down has the piece count on the box, but the (far smaller) Captain Marvel Skrull Attack does not. Annoyingly I don't tend to keep my boxes for long once the sets are done, so I can't look at any others, but I seem to recall seeing the piece counts on sets in the past.

In the UK the last set I ever got with the piece count on the box was around 2014-2015, I’ve seen the odd set where we’ve accidentally gotten an American box (with piece count), but they stopped doing them for the UK around then

nope, it was 2013, 76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase 

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

I'm sort of more excited for the cmf than the D2C. Probably because the I won't be able to buy the D2C for a long time (if at all). 
This CMF looks so much better than the last one. There are more characters of the ww instead of copius amounts of students. Plus I have been waiting for a kingsly since 2010. I might even buy a full set.

1 minute ago, Tommy269 said:

I'm sort of more excited for the cmf than the D2C. Probably because the I won't be able to buy the D2C for a long time (if at all). 
This CMF looks so much better than the last one. There are more characters of the ww instead of copius amounts of students. Plus I have been waiting for a kingsly since 2010. I might even buy a full set.

Honestly, I’m the same and mainly for the same reason, won’t be able to get it for a while, and the CMF does look fantastic, I can’t wait to see the rest of the CMF figures, especially a better look at that Griphook and Lion-Head Luna

Does anyone know an english speaker youtuber that is doing Reviews of the new sets, or soemone that will get them soon(so probs in England). I was going to see if Brickbros UK had them but they haven't posted for 9 months

8 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Does anyone know an english speaker youtuber that is doing Reviews of the new sets, or soemone that will get them soon(so probs in England). I was going to see if Brickbros UK had them but they haven't posted for 9 months

Australian Lego Fan probably will, and they are due out on June 1 here in Aus - distribution issues notwithstanding. In all likelihood Jang and/or @just2good might import them to the US to review, but that could take a bit of time.

While I'm not a YouTube reviewer, I plan to get a few next week if I can find them, if there's anything you want to know in particular.

10 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Australian Lego Fan probably will, and they are due out on June 1 here in Aus - distribution issues notwithstanding. In all likelihood Jang and/or @just2good might import them to the US to review, but that could take a bit of time.

While I'm not a YouTube reviewer, I plan to get a few next week if I can find them, if there's anything you want to know in particular.

I too am Australian, but when I look on Target or Kmarts's website, I can't tell if they have them. I have called my local target and they have said they don't know when they are coming in. And they aren't on LS@H. Are you sure that australia is getting them with Europe.