Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Speaking of the CMF, how soon to release do they announce every character? Only ever been interested in the HP CMF series and that was 2 years ago so I forget ??

The CMF comes out in early august for general retailers so, while reveal dates vary between CMF series, I'd expect a reveal around mid to late june

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The CMF comes out in early august for general retailers so, while reveal dates vary between CMF series, I'd expect a reveal around mid to late june

Aha, not too long then, I’m actually really glad it’s not out til August, I can only afford to get the Student pack and Room of Requirement in June ?

42 minutes ago, Taure said:

Looking at how the Hogwarts sets connect, I honestly don't think Lego had a plan for this "modular Hogwarts". If they'd had a plan, surely they would have done it so that there was some depth to the models in the way they connect, rather than all of them just going in a line.

I think perhaps their original intention was just for the Great Hall and the Whomping Willow sets to connect, and then the next wave they would do something different. But then they were taken by surprise by the popularity of HP wave 1 and the clamour for more modules of Hogwarts, so took the idea and ran with it. But obviously the way the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets were designed limits how much can be done with the modular idea.

I think Lego is trying to make the most appealing photos possible with the released sets, and isn't afraid to move things a bit in the future. 

We see here they moved clocktower replacing it with the AT.  I approve of this because it is far more screen accurate.

In the future I bet the angle on the clocktower changes a bit by flipping the dance section and we do actually end up with a loop. Speculating a bit; Three to five more sets wrapping around the back side of this nets you a pretty great Hogwarts.  Long Gallery/Bell tower (combo or 2 sets) connects to AT, Middle Courtyard/Library (Combo or 2 sets) connects to Belltower and room of requirement.  Then a set similar to weeping willow with a long wall piece and maybe the bridge connects middle courtyard to clocktower.  This set might contain the Owlery which is actually a separate building from the main castle in that area.

8 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Am I the only person finding this KingNono person rather... tiresome?

I'm not a fan of riddles as it is, and a lot of his posts just seem to be him repeating himself ?

I agree, and some of his clues seem very open ended. Like their meaning could change depending on what happened. E.G. The father son relation ship clue could mean arther and ron, Harry and james, Draco and lucius, Vernon and dudly, Amos and Cedric. Although it was later confermed to be lucius. The he's back clue. It could be talking about Fudge or Voldermort or the ministry battle scene. It's like he doesn't quiet know what he is talking about when he posts the clue.

I’ve just been looking through the speed build of the Astronomy Tower and the print on the Mandrakes is actually different to the one in the CMF series! They’re the same piece and both have arms printed on but the one in the set has a wide open screaming mouth whereas judging by the pic of the one with sprout it’s mouth is much thinner in a line. Which means we’ll have 3 unique Mandrake looks! 

I can’t attatch my screenshot from the video here because of the file size but you can see the Mandrakes at around the 1:50 mark (I had to play it at 0.25 of the speed and pause it to see one of the pieces clearly) 

The mandrakes being printed is something I wouldn‘t have expected since they easily could‘ve gotten away with not printing them and few people would‘ve complained I imagine. Just goes to show how much the designers care :classic::thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I agree, and some of his clues seem very open ended. Like their meaning could change depending on what happened. E.G. The father son relation ship clue could mean arther and ron, Harry and james, Draco and lucius, Vernon and dudly, Amos and Cedric. Although it was later confermed to be lucius. The he's back clue. It could be talking about Fudge or Voldermort or the ministry battle scene. It's like he doesn't quiet know what he is talking about when he posts the clue.

The reason that I was very skeptical of kingnono at first (and still retain a healthy pinch of skepticism just in case) is because his earlier hints were clearly meant to be extremely vaugue, and most pointed to things we’d already guessed or speculated. He’s gotten more specific as time goes on, but take the ‘He’s Back’ clue. Most people take that to be a quote, but kingnono’s previous quote clues all included quotation marks and there hadn’t been one for a while before ‘He’s Back’ was posted, meaning it might not be a quote at all, and that interpretation could mean it refers to any number of male characters who haven’t appeared since the original theme run. I think the only way I’ll ever feel really certain that he’s not just taking us all for a ride is if he ends up right about the really specific things like the advent calendar being OotP based or Borgin and Burke’s being in the D2C or 75978 and the D2C being different sets (since he seems to be one of the only sources for that information). 

I guess we now know the official way to connect all Hogwarts extensions.

This set is so great, but after this review I'm even more bugged by those sand green parts, they are really off.

5 hours ago, gsnoel11 said:

Thank you,  Ice Brick and Brick Guru for your reply to the newbie . 

Oh you're welcome.

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I’ve just been looking through the speed build of the Astronomy Tower and the print on the Mandrakes is actually different to the one in the CMF series! They’re the same piece and both have arms printed on but the one in the set has a wide open screaming mouth whereas judging by the pic of the one with sprout it’s mouth is much thinner in a line. Which means we’ll have 3 unique Mandrake looks! 

That's actually really cool to hear because I was worried that the CMF series reused the print. It's nice to see  how Lego is giving love to the magical creatures in the reboot.  I mean we didn't  get printing for the mandrake in the original line, let alone 3.

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This set is so great, but after this review I'm even more bugged by those sand green parts, they are really off.

Yeah the sand green is a really interesting choice. I wonder if there could be a in universe reason. Like, perhaps cold the top  of the tower be more weathered in comparison to the rest of the castle? 

11 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Yeah the sand green is a really interesting choice. I wonder if there could be a in universe reason. Like, perhaps cold the top  of the tower be more weathered in comparison to the rest of the castle? 

The tops are sand green casue that's accurate. 

the base of the other two just isn't being produced in dark grey at the moment.

Printed Mandrakes is almost another insult to the lack of other minifigure prints.     The mandrakes aren't even shown in any image on the box of website.

Edited by deskp

13 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

That's actually really cool to hear because I was worried that the CMF series reused the print. It's nice to see  how Lego is giving love to the magical creatures in the reboot.  I mean we didn't  get printing for the mandrake in the original line, let alone 3.

I thought we did get mandrake prints. In the 2007 hogwarts, the green house came with mandrake prints. They are really good. I might swap the new ones out for them.

3 minutes ago, Nick unassembled said:

Anyone know where a person in the US could shop to get the sets in june? 

I've pre-ordered mine and my wife's from Zavvi. The estimated delivery date in June 1 but I imagine that's actually when they will ship. Although, that prediction isn't actually based on anything as I have had no experience with Zavvi before.

Just now, The Pearson said:

I've pre-ordered mine and my wife's from Zavvi. The estimated delivery date in June 1 but I imagine that's actually when they will ship. Although, that prediction isn't actually based on anything as I have had no experience with Zavvi before.

Zavvi is really quick (in the UK at least, can’t comment about US) and the June 1st date will be the day you receive them, not the day they ship, they’ll probably have them in the warehouse now

59 minutes ago, Nick unassembled said:

Anyone know where a person in the US could shop to get the sets in june? 

Any European Amazon

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this yet, but what if the “iconic underground scene” kingnono mentioned is based on the climax of Sorcerer’s Stone? I would actually love that, a new Fluffy would be amazing

12 hours ago, deskp said:

The tops are sand green casue that's accurate. 

the base of the other two just isn't being produced in dark grey at the moment.

Printed Mandrakes is almost another insult to the lack of other minifigure prints.     The mandrakes aren't even shown in any image on the box of website.

Ah, I din't know that was accurate.  It's good to  have detail for magical creatures ,even if they're as minor as the mandrake.  Also all the figures in the Astronomy tower have at least one new print.  

12 hours ago, deskp said:

oh i do not like the old mandrake.

Also I forgot that  the old mandrake had printing. Probably intentionally forgot about it because that is horrible. 

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this yet, but what if the “iconic underground scene” kingnono mentioned is based on the climax of Sorcerer’s Stone? I would actually love that, a new Fluffy would be amazing

I would  love that too but Fluffy would probably be brick built since most of the magical creatures have been done that way.  I think if they were to then it would have to be closer to $100  since Fluffy alone would take up a lot of pieces.  No body has mentioned that yet though

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

When you think about it, all the books have some notable underground scenes (I guess a lot of the wizarding world is literally underground), and the only movie that doesn’t have a really iconic underground scene is GoF (since they cut out the scenes with the house elves in the basement kitchens and Harry and Malfoy’s attempted duel outside the potions classroom). 

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Do they actually go underground in that sequence? Fluffy's room is on the 3rd floor (UK; 4th floor US). They don't go 4 or more floors down, do they?

3 hours ago, Salix said:

Do they actually go underground in that sequence? Fluffy's room is on the 3rd floor (UK; 4th floor US). They don't go 4 or more floors down, do they?

they go underground at the Room Of the Winged Keys, Chess scene and the final scene with Quirell

3 hours ago, Salix said:

I haven't read PS in a while but according to the wiki there was a ''long and dark drop through the air'' from Fluffy's trapdoor to Sprout's Devils Snare. After the Devils Snare challenge they had to walk through a ''downwards sloping passage with stone walls'' to get to Flitwicks Winged Keys. So it's probably underground from the Winged Keys onward (just like @AdriWho stated)

Edited by Guyon2002

So then  the mystery set could  theoretically be any underground scene.  Lego has already shown this year that they aren't afraid to back track so perhaps  the Mom battle isn't the most likely choice for the set after all.    

Although I still don't think that Lego could  make a good Fluffy in a $50 set.